The Lotus Vaporizer

coolbreeze

I've been looking at the lotus for awhile and pulled the trigger on the padok wood christmas lotus! im hyped. I got it and the vapman jet lighter. what butane do you guys in the US recommend? also any tips? Thanks!
I started with Colibri, have sorta moved over to Neon. Either's great (multi-filtered for lighter health and direct use, if desired).

Ariwe

I use Zippo brand and haven’t had any issues. I got a Dissim lighter based on a recommendation in this thread and it works great (designed for inverted use.) Other than that just be careful about flame length.

coolbreeze

Few tips:
--Use the recommended flame-length: inner blue flame from petal-tip to petal-tip. The bigger Eagle torch is perfect at this length.
--Depending on the restriction, air temp, etc, more or less preheat will help: after a couple/few seconds pointed at the center, especially if/when you see orange, start your draw and begin moving your torch in tight circles, well within the dot only.
--Adjust the temp by adjusting breath speed and torch distance.
--Your draw speed will influence how much the plate and airpath cools, so you may need to start a tad slower to let heat build in the oven and then pick it up a little as you reach temp or really pick it up if you feel it's overheating. (and/or pull the torch back). This should all feel fairly intuitive.
--You will need to tilt the cap of your Lotus from the perpendicular as you heat it--most torches will overheat and shut themselves down at the am't of heat that bounces straight off the plate at 90 degrees.
--Tilting it (or your natural hand position) may focus more heat on the portion of the dot opposite your torch; if necessary adjust by pointing slightly towards the other side of the dot too as your swirl.

It sounds like a lot but it's really not and it's mostly intuitive.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
^^++

The intuitive nature of this vape is what makes it so rewarding for me. I love how reactive it is to technique and that lets me easily dial it right in. The only part of the technique that wasn't so intuitive is the right aiming point on the cap, that takes a little practice and I slightly scorched my cap in the first week of use due to inexperience of going for tight circles. You get the knack quite quickly though IME.

coolbreeze

^^++

The intuitive nature of this vape is what makes it so rewarding for me. I love how reactive it is to technique and that lets me easily dial it right in. The only part of the technique that wasn't so intuitive is the right aiming point on the cap, that takes a little practice and I slightly scorched my cap in the first week of use due to inexperience of going for tight circles. You get the knack quite quickly though IME.
It's like a Daisy built by Rene. : )

lapis

I got a Dissim lighter based on a recommendation in this thread
Oh hey, I've actually been interested in a Dissim torch for a while! Did you get the Sport (plastic, single-flame) model or the standard (metal, dual-flame) model? I've been eyeing the rose gold dual torch but I fear the dual flames would be a bit much for the Lotus (or Vapman, especially).

what butane do you guys in the US recommend?
I've been using Colibri for all my butane vapes, it works well and hasn't gummed up a torch yet!

Last edited:
lapis,

Ariwe

Oh hey, I've actually been interested in a Dissim torch for a while! Did you get the Sport (plastic, single-flame) model or the standard (metal, dual-flame) model? I've been eyeing the rose gold dual torch but I fear the dual flames would be a bit much for the Lotus (or Vapman, especially).

I've been using Colibri for all my butane vapes, it works well and hasn't gummed up a torch yet!
Yes, I got the sport torch. I think the dual flame would definitely be too much for the Vapman. So far it’s been my go to. I was using an eagle single flame before but inverting it was somewhat unpredictable.

seriousTone

I've actually been using a triple flame with my Lotus and have yet to combust; you definitely have to be very cautious once vapor starts forming basically pulling the flame way away to keep from combusting.

I only started doing it because my single flame lighter stopped working and my double flame is a zippo so is awkward upside down.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Anyone try this technique? I tend to favor it bc spin fun :brow:
Thank you for these videos...that seems like a great technique...the video that follows is actually Michael demonstrating...love it and thank you.

So, since the Lotus rebirth there have been three different ones, right?

coolbreeze

Thank you for these videos...that seems like a great technique...the video that follows is actually Michael demonstrating...love it and thank you.
So, since the Lotus rebirth there have been three different ones, right?
Yep (sorta, I think the presale olives have a different plate, iirc?): Otherwise it's standard olive, BF purpleheart/blue, Xmas padauk/gold. So far. ; )

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident

Yep (sorta, I think the presale olives have a different plate, iirc?): Otherwise it's standard olive, BF purpleheart/blue, Xmas padauk/gold. So far. ; )
I have not heard anything about shipping for the latest Christmas one...has anyone received theirs?

coolbreeze

I have not heard anything about shipping for the latest Christmas one...has anyone received theirs?
Mine is allegedly out for delivery today.

EDIT: Check your online receipt, the tracking should be there. That must be how I found it.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr. G

coolbreeze

Wow, I will write to them today....I should have gotten some kind of notification. The money was taken out...so, they must be swamped for the Holiday's....thanks for the reply on yours. CHEERS!
See above^^

If you're in the US yours should be on its way, @VGOODIEZ shipped them a day or two ago.

Check your online receipt, the tracking should be there. That must be how I found it. I don't believe I got a notification, I just checked.

EDIT:
Woot! Santa has come, Happy Holidays, all!
IMG-6386.jpg
IMG-6391.jpg

Last edited:

envyxoa

I bought it off the lotus site and got nothing back yett. I did order it the 13th though so itll be a bit. I am in the US so.

Last edited:
envyxoa,
Hi guys. Can i ask would you recommend the lotus ,stopped using the vapman a while
ago ,too small sight wise and fiddly now for me , same with the torch with dynavaps ,
do you think this ones bettter in that respect ?
been looking at it for a while and Azzwoods recommended it /
chistmas ones nice and looks a nice size ,
a vas self christmas gift ,but no sure my hands would take the heavier lighter ive got ,
does it come with the vapman one ,its not too heavy
3rd ventus on way lol??? So something with no shit would be so nice ,
thanks guys
G

Vapor-catzG,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Texus

Hi guys. Can i ask would you recommend the lotus ,stopped using the vapman a while
ago ,too small sight wise and fiddly now for me , same with the torch with dynavaps ,
do you think this ones bettter in that respect ?
been looking at it for a while and Azzwoods recommended it /
chistmas ones nice and looks a nice size ,
a vas self christmas gift ,but no sure my hands would take the heavier lighter ive got ,
does it come with the vapman one ,its not too heavy
3rd ventus on way lol??? So something with no shit would be so nice ,
thanks guys
G
Mmmm. I'd say that the Lotus is probably for me the most finicky for me compared to the Vapman and Dynavap, each of which makes it much easier to hit the temp/balance sweet spots. The click as reference point for DV, and the pretty easy tip to top heating with a flame the diameter of the stem bottom for 4ish seconds, maybe followed with another couple seconds, for the Vapman. Lotus I find you really need to put in the time to develop your technique in a way that isn't as needed for the other 2.

Texus,
Reactions: ezpz
Thanks ,that helps ,
its the eye sight and fingered not feeling correctly, I only use the induction heaters now because end up burning fingers ,orings ,
but can as you say with the click etc can get round it still ,
iam kidding myself because holding lighter and the lotus id cramp up pretty quick ,
some days couldnt even hold a dynavap or pen type ,its a warm tm or firewood that helps and i can use
all my flame vapes have became extinct ,makes getting off these fags harder though,
think when its here tempest with the heater m
thanks for the advise you saved me money and from annoying myself ,
the joys of getting on a bit lol and injuries
G

Vapor-catzG,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I wrote to Vapman last week...sent three different messages via different ways...I have heard zip. It is not like them to not reply at all. They must be swamped because of the holiday's...they are going to need some help with shipping...get someone to help them with customer service they are growing and need more help I think. Anyway, I love them...I just wish I knew more about the shipping of the Christmas version I purchased. I just want it for Christmas...does not look like it.

Dr. G,

envyxoa

I wrote to Vapman last week...sent three different messages via different ways...I have heard zip. It is not like them to not reply at all. They must be swamped because of the holiday's...they are going to need some help with shipping...get someone to help them with customer service they are growing and need more help I think. Anyway, I love them...I just wish I knew more about the shipping of the Christmas version I purchased. I just want it for Christmas...does not look like it.
They told me the other day it should be in their warehouse in the US today sometime. I think itll come right during or a little before.

envyxoa,
Top Bottom