The Lotus Vaporizer

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I actually canceled my preorder. I’ve gotten so many vapes lately that I’m already spoiled for choice and I need to rein in my VAS somehow, plus I have several glass pieces coming so I need to slow my roll in general. I may end up buying it down the line but hopefully by then some good used units will be on the market, and if not then I’m okay with that. Sometimes it’s just not the right time.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I actually canceled my preorder. I’ve gotten so many vapes lately that I’m already spoiled for choice and I need to rein in my VAS somehow, plus I have several glass pieces coming so I need to slow my roll in general. I may end up buying it down the line but hopefully by then some good used units will be on the market, and if not then I’m okay with that. Sometimes it’s just not the right time.

Yeah. I get that. I have an armoire/closet dedicated to my cannabis collection, but it's nearly full. I may need another.
I've also considered getting a glass display cabinet to spread out some of my nicer stuff, and make more room in the "medicine cabinet".

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
How long before these are shipped out? I'm moving from my shipping address in mid-July and want to make sure it will be sent to the right place.

Zuhdj,

cyanescens

I am looking for a glass piece or several ones, which, combined, can allow to heat the lotus from below with a candle.
Could you advise me something suitable? Thanks!

cyanescens,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I am looking for a glass piece or several ones, which, combined, can allow to heat the lotus from below with a candle.
Intriguing. I am not sure I can picture how it would work. I suspect an alcohol burner could get the plate hot enough, but I don't think it would really work upside down? I suppose it could but then it would be mostly conduction and you would have a high risk of combustion

I'm not totally sure how you would secure the cap so it didn't just fall off, due to gravity.

Would you mind explaining in more detail? Have you tried it with a hook or the stem?

Grass Yes,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I think they mean hold the cap upside down over the candle, then place it upright on the bowl.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Even if you managed it physically, I have my doubts it would produce enough heat. That, and soot from a yellow flame would be the reason I wouldn't try.

cyanescens

Thanks for your fast replies!
Actually, I don't have yet the lotus (I will at some point in July as some of you). But I have a Dynavap and I always use it with a candle. It is so relaxing this way. I don't wish to use a torch lighter, too violent for me.
I could figure out that the cap cannot open from gravity (the magnets are strong enough), but I do not know what kind of tube can handle the whole oven without falling, since, indeed, it has to be plugged from below (with an exotic glassware which would fulfills my specific wishor with an adaptor).
The ideal would be to just have to rotate downward the lotus on its glass pipe to make it heat over the candle, and to rotate it back when nobody wants to draw on it. It is quite easy to have a similar setup with the Dynavap since it is so small an light.
That's a good point that I risk to have more conduction than convection this way (perhaps with an additional grid inside, it would be better).

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Actually, I don't have yet the lotus (I will at some point in July as some of you). But I have a Dynavap and I always use it with a candle. It is so relaxing this way. I don't wish to use a torch lighter, too violent for me.
I could figure out that the cap cannot open from gravity (the magnets are strong enough), but I do not know what kind of tube can handle the whole oven without falling, since, indeed, it has to be plugged from below (with an exotic glassware which would fulfills my specific wishor with an adaptor).
The ideal would be to just have to rotate downward the lotus on its glass pipe to make it heat over the candle, and to rotate it back when nobody wants to draw on it. It is quite easy to have a similar setup with the Dynavap since it is so small an light.
That's a good point that I risk to have more conduction than convection this way (perhaps with an additional grid inside, it would be better).
I think you have some confusion about how the lotus works. It is very different from a vapcap.

I think the best success you would have is holding the cap over the flame and then placing it on the WPA. Although I don't think a candle will get it hot enough to be workable in this way.

In the lotus, the plate works as an air-gapped heat source that draws hot air over your herb when you draw. So you just have to get the plate hot enough to do this.

Radwin Bodnic

In the lotus, the plate works as an air-gapped heat source that draws hot air over your herb when you draw. So youjust have to get the plate hot enough to do this.
Think of a drop down where the female taper is facing down (U shaped instead of S shaped). When you load the lotus, use a screen on top of the weed to prevent it falling into the cap when you flip it. Plug the lotus upside down on this taper and eventually use a keck clip to secure it. Then place a small coil alcohol burner just under the cap. Let it heat and hit your water piece while it's heating. Hands free !

I think that's what cyanscens wants to do.

Radwin Bodnic,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Think of a drop down where the female taper is facing down (U shaped instead of S shaped). When you load the lotus, use a screen on top of the weed to prevent it falling into the cap when you flip it. Plug the lotus upside down on this taper and eventually use a keck clip to secure it. Then place a small coil alcohol burner just under the cap. Let it heat and hit your water piece while it's heating. Hands free !

I think that's what cyanscens wants to do.
I get that. I think it is wildly impractical and won't function the way anyone would want. I would also not trust the magnetic attraction to the WPA with that.

But, I have been wrong about many things in my life, so I encourage anyone to try it. Something like this might get you started:

I'd probably start with holding a j-hook upside down, but also you could go big or go home.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.

yeah, I’m in agreement this is a terrible idea lol.

1. You need visual on the plate while heating. The count is for about 3 then inhale, which is just at the point the plate turns red. Then you continue to inhale, while removing and applying the heat to maintain a balance.

2. The Lotus is wood. The dynavap is metal. Wood burns. Bad idea for open flame randomly on an upside down Lotus.

3. The flame is relaxing but makes your dynavap black as the result of incomplete combustion which leaves carbon all over YOUR WOOD vape. Plus which you are inhaling while heating.

4. The plate is wafer thin nickel sandwiched between steel frames and held in place with tiny screws into the WOOD you just covered in carbon soot and burned. If you burn through the wood you impact the airflow as well.

5. Please. Just dont.

cyanescens

OK, thank you for your feedbacks. So, if I understand well, the main problem is the fact that convection with the Lotus requires much more heat than conduction with the vapcap. For sure, the candle can burn the herb in the latter, but I don't know if it can get the Lotus red. The vapcap is also supposed to be used with a torch lighter, but it works as well on a candle, it just takes more time to heat.

I am familiar enough with the quality of combustion and how to avoid incomplete one, but that's indeed important to mention for people not caring about that. With a vapcap, I do not need to keep it on the flame to inhale, not even when heating it in fact since the heat flux is far enough 1-2cm above the tip of the flame. The Lotus is wider, so I see how the flame of a regular candle could be easily hindered. Perhaps the steady flame of a good alcohol lamp with the Lotus at 3cm for a few minutes would work as well. I don't know whether the heat can settle enough in the wood to burn it in this slower heating regime.

About gravity, do you think an additional screen is mandatory to retain small vegetal dusts? In think I have a thin one. Thanks for the tip about the keck clip. About the magnet, please just give me a confirmation, I could only find a quick mention in a video.
About the linked glassware, I cannot see this offer from my region apparently, how is it called?

Last edited:
cyanescens,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
About gravity, do you think an additional screen is mandatory to retain small vegetal dusts? I
All of your grass will fall on to the plate when you turn it upside down. The screen will keep it from doing that.
About the linked glassware, I cannot see this offer from my region apparently, how is it called?
I just googled "u shaped adapter" but there are probably lots of names for it.

If I were you, I would not buy anything until you have the lotus in hand. I think it will save you a lot of time and money once you have used it.

You can definitely experiment with heating it upside down before you rig up a whole adapter contraption.

I am very curious if a candle can work. Although I will not be trying it with my lotus.

In my opinion, if you don't want to use a torch lighter, you should cancel your order.

coolbreeze

IMG-1339.jpg
IMG-1340.jpg

IMG-1342.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
On the way meaning "we're on our way y'all" or "they're on their way y'all"? Haha regardless, me and my dad are stoked to receive ours

They must be preparing to be on the way, but not actually on the way...because I haven't gotten anything saying mine is on the way.

Or maybe they just started shipping them in groups, so some of them are on their way, but not all yet?

Top Bottom