The Lotus Vaporizer

coolbreeze

I see, i'll probably order it and buy some more stems afterwards. I've seen someone mentioned MacQueen pipes and i got interested (there's also a 30% off until the 9th), they have some 1/2" (12.7mm) size bowls, would they fit? barely a mm off should work? maybe even sanding it down a bit will do. Does someone have some news about them?
Ask him if he can modify the copper weed bowl to have a 14mm taper inside (or make some kind of reducer for you)--that would open his pipes up for general j-hook duty, and people could use their wpas with his pipes.

bankruptcy

Just out of curiosity, what is it people don't like about j-hooks? I have loads and it is one of my favorite ways to vape (especially with the lotus).

Is it because glass is more fragile than metal or wood?
Yes my only concern would be fragility, i've lost a bubbler and a stem in a short period and have been traumatized since then, i guess im a bit clumsy
Ask him if he can modify the copper weed bowl to have a 14mm taper inside (or make some kind of reducer for you)--that would open his pipes up for general j-hook duty, and people could use their wpas with his pipes.
thanks for the tips!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Pipes generally sit flat and take up much less space, well any that I would buy.
Okay, but so do many j-hooks. The wooden pipes shared on this thread above do not meet your criteria. But it sounds like you have specific needs and preferences, which is fine. Thanks for explaining. It's not j-hooks, it is the Sherlock shape that you don't like.

coolbreeze

Here it is, a wooden pipe with a 14mm joint:

Maybe he can make a shorty for the Lotus.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
What is it people don't like about j-hooks?
I like j-hooks fine— they’re as close as I’ll get to proper glass until the brood flies the coop.

That said, I’ve come to realize that the aesthetics of experience are important to me. A well-laid table won’t make the food taste better but might encourage appetite. Maybe even manners.

So while my hooks cool and likely taste better, I stick with the black stem bc it’s so ninja. 🥷

ezpz

I've seen someone mentioned MacQueen pipes and i got interested

Ask him if he can modify the copper weed bowl to have a 14mm taper inside
Answering my own question, I just came across MacQueen Pipes the other day. They have some nice looking options, good prices I would say, and importantly, they are aware of vaping, they make a Dynavap adapter/pipe thing. So I dropped them an email earlier to see if the think their pipe bowls would accommodate the Lotus' WPA - apparently somebody else asked them the same thing recently! Anyway, they told the other person that they would need to know the length of the WPA so they could work out the depth they would need to make their bowl. Anyway, apparently MacQueen Pipes told this other person to get in touch with the makers of the Lotus, presumably the person contact David or Michael not Rene but either way, whoever they contacted told them that the length of the WPA is 1.5cm but MacQueen Pipes have told me they think that must be wrong from looking at the pictures. I agree, I'm sure it is longer than 1.5cm.

So, long story short, does anybody know what the length of the WPA is?
Macqueen pipes guy needs to know the length of the wpa, so he knows how deep to make the bowl. Wpa won't seal properly if the bowl is too short.

Another thing to consider when choosing a Gandalf (?) style pipe is the width of the lotus cap. Gotta make sure the pipe stem doesn't interfere with the lotus cap.

Just out of curiosity, what is it people don't like about j-hooks? I have loads and it is one of my favorite ways to vape (especially with the lotus).

Is it because glass is more fragile than metal or wood?
I love my glass j-hooks, but I would want something a little smaller and more durable for on-the-go use.

coolbreeze

Macqueen pipes guy needs to know the length of the wpa, so he knows how deep to make the bowl. Wpa won't seal properly if the bowl is too short.
Fwiw, the overall length is about 3.5cm and the distance from the bottom to the handle is about 2.4cm.
IMG-4735.jpg
IMG-4737.jpg

Another thing to consider when choosing a Gandalf (?) style pipe is the width of the lotus cap. Gotta make sure the pipe stem doesn't interfere with the lotus cap.
You need at least ~2.5cm from the middle of the 14mm joint for it to clear.

I love my glass j-hooks, but I would want something a little smaller and more durable for on-the-go use.
I've come around to the std or short Al stem being pretty perfect for this, even though I choose glass at home.

bankruptcy

If the aluminum stem is available, I'll probably get it.
If Macqueen pipes can customize a nice pipe for the lotus...... shiiiiiiiiiiit

All In Crypto GIF
I've sent an email and they said they can make a 14mm bowl "Wizard". I informed them of the fact that i wanted to use it specifically for the Lotus and they immediately knew what i was talking about it,

but i'll make sure to mention the exact measures before placing an order. Honestly i'm torn between that or waiting for one of the stems.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Email from Michael and David this am

Dear lotus family,

We are currently very busy preparing the pre orders and organizing everything for the shipment in a few weeks.

We are happy to announce that if everything goes according to plan, the pre-orders will be sent out by the end of June.

The official sale start might be slightly delayed as we are missing some components for the final set with stem.

As a sign of gratitude for all those who supported us with the preorders we will send out a free hotplate.

The pre orders are still open untill the end of this month.

all the best

David and Michael

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I instantly ordered an original Lotus, after reading about Vapefiends stock here. Sadly it‘s only the Lotus heater, without head/stem/wpa, which seem to be all out of stock anywhere on this planet 😂

So I jumped on the preorder too, can‘t wait to get my fingers on

Top Bottom