The Lotus Vaporizer

Tji89

Price jump at the end was not cool.

Yes, but you probably won't need to worry about it for awhile. Another user said the other day that they used it heavily daily for 3 years before it needed replaced.
Even so it would be nice of them to offer spare parts🙏

Tji89,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
We are happy to announce that today the pre-orders of the Lotus vaporizer start!

For a one-time price of 89€, you will get the legendary Lotus vaporizer in olive wood with its popular 14mm male glass piece adapter.
This definitely seems like something is up with the way the site is setup? The Vapman site itself runs according to the laws in the EU, so I don’t see why they’d try and intentionally trick people here. Something must be off.
So really you aren’t paying a different price, the site just isn’t showing you the correct initial cost. We still pay that extra money but we pay it as GST and not directly at purchase like you guys in the EU.
Not just a site issue if you ask me.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Now, the 88 became the 99 after some semantic discussion but this 89 is becoming 107 because of the way it is advertised.
They clearly state it will cost me €89 so that's what i expect to pay.

I’m not sure what the problem is there? It tells me all I need to know. The device is going to cost €89, and will only be available one time. Should there be brackets that say (€107 with VAT) ?

Like you say: it should advertise the price i will end up paying for the device so yes, if the device is going to cost me €107 that's what it should say...
We have different tax percentages so it's not up to the client to know exactly how much tax will be added on different stuff (it also tends to change now and then) so all the prices should be 'all in' (except oc shipping)
That's how it's done in Europe, except when you shop as a professional: then you'll see the prices excl tax.

Sativapo

I recommend to wait for EU customer. I'm almost sure there is something wrong with the site.

Sativapo,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
They clearly state it will cost me €89 so that's what i expect to pay.
Yeah I guess it depends on where in the world you’re reading it from. They shoulda just said they wanted $100usd and no one would have said a word haha.

@Sativapo ( Daprezz) the only change that’s going to happen is the site will display €107 and they’ll make a post saying our mistake guys 😂 you’re still going to end up paying the same amount. Vapman get €89 and your applicable governments get their slice.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Order #1117. :rockon:

I definitely did not need to spend that much money right now...but I was sad to have missed out when the Lotus was discontinued and I realized that I had waited too long to get one. So I couldn't help myself but to jump on this pre-sale.

I guess I'll just consider this my 4/20 purchase for this year :tup:

Last edited:

mysiak

Yeah I guess it depends on where in the world you’re reading it from. They shoulda just said they wanted $100usd and no one would have said a word haha.

@Sativapo ( Daprezz) the only change that’s going to happen is the site will display €107 and they’ll make a post saying our mistake guys 😂 you’re still going to end up paying the same amount. Vapman get €89 and your applicable governments get their slice.
There is an EU law saying that shop must sell you any item for a displayed price (if it shows 89€, you must not pay more than 89€ for the item). All unit prices must include VAT. Adding VAT during checkout is a bit of shady practice. Not saying that it is intentional in this case, but certainly not how it's usually done in EU.

So yes, the email should have mentioned the real price of 107€ and nobody would be surprised. 89€ is a false advertising, which goes against other EU laws I believe.

Arawfish

Green Thumb

I definitely did not need to spend that much money right now...but I was sad to have missed out when the Lotus was discontinued and I realized that I had waited too long to get one. So I couldn't help myself but to jump on this pre-sale.

Order number 117 hey? So the Lads have made roughly just over 10 grand so far. Nice one!

@mysiak indeed probably not intentional at all, but definitely not something that should have been overlooked, especially considering they operate the Vapman site accordingly and aren’t new to this or how your laws work over there.

vandalizedbythelotus

Order number 117 hey? So the Lads have made roughly just over 10 grand so far. Nice one!

@mysiak indeed probably not intentional at all, but definitely not something that should have been overlooked, especially considering they operate the Vapman site accordingly and aren’t new to this or how your laws work over there.
& @mysiak
IME this is the same way they run the vapman site ...
"Shipping calculated at checkout, VAT excluded"

mysiak

& @mysiak
IME this is the same way they run the vapman site ...
"Shipping calculated at checkout, VAT excluded"
They include tax, but exclude VAT (IMHO bad wording as there is only VAT in EU, no other taxes are collected). However prices seem to be correct - for example I see price of 192€ for classic set in the eshop and this is what I'm being charged during checkout (minus the current sale discount). There is no extra VAT added in the ordering process.

Edit: but you are right, Vapman emails contain incorrect prices too (209€ for custom Vapman in the email, but 250€ once I open the eshop link) - it might go against EU rules as well. 🙂

Nebelmann

Had the same issue with prices from promotion mails being higher when actually ordering. Got the Vapman nevertheless whan they had a really good offer over holidays season. Thought it had to do with Italian tax system differences whatsoever. Have never seen price tags like that in EU, only US.

the_hexx

Team Hash
t shouldn't cost more shipping included in the EU if it's produced in the EU anyway....
This. Not many of us are well versed on the finer points of EU VAT laws and regulations, but this doesn't make any sense.

Have never seen price tags like that in EU, only US.
Neither have I, and I shop from EU stores all the time.

Apart from the dubious legal situation here, I think it's just bad marketing. Perhaps something like this could work in a second-hand clothes website, some people would be lured in and then be presented with a higher price tag, then go 'to hell with it' and make the purchase. But the Vapman and the Lotus are highly refined products targeted at hobbyists; people don't just stumble across them. With the added VAT cost in the end the user experience feels kind of dodgy imo, would be much better if the full price was presented from the beginning.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Y’all are really crying about this one hey? 😂

Well I guess you know what they say. “No good deed goes unpunished”

Leave it to FC to string these guys up by their balls 🏀 haha

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident

I did not either...but, like you I gifted myself a shit load of VAPMAN...that sale is amazing and I always wanted the Custom ones...and the OG's from the Swiss that Rene made...had to have it. So, my wallet is busted but, it feels good because I got what I wanted. So, I cannot buy anything else like stems, etc. I am fully Vapman supplied now. I never had a Lotus so, I am looking forward in receiving mine. The one we are getting has the special coating I think I read that. So...its special.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
No, not at all. I am happy with my purchase and I'm sure that the Italians have their hearts in the right place, however I believe that this is an issue that should be addressed. Less fanboying and more constructive criticism is good for this forum too.
If by constructive criticism you mean alluding to them luring in unsuspecting and unknowing shoppers like it’s some sort of scheme, then sure.

Arawfish,
Reactions: Timps27

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
These are artisan craftsmen using willing enthusiasts as seed capital to resurrect a beloved device; I understand the laws and their intent to not have you ripped off by scammers and bait/switch tactics, this is none of that. And frankly, if you’re going to pout and try to make threats about what price you are ‘going’ to pay, the best you will accomplish is taking money out of the project.

jbm

I'm sure they will when they open sales. They may not even begun building these.
I think they made it pretty clear that these pre orders are meant to support their taking over the brand, so it might be a bit premature to complain that they’re not fully stocked with spare parts already. Also FWIW, I’m in the US and paid €89 plus €29 shipping. These guys have already proven themselves via Vapman as sincere and straight shooters, they richly deserve the benefit of the doubt. And I say that as someone who is not as enamored in many cases of small shop business practices as this site is.

coolbreeze

Excited to see what happens between now and shipping. Fingers crossed it fits my bong
Dropdown, if not. ; )
IMG-3152.jpg

Top Bottom