The Lotus Vaporizer

staircase slight of hand

when I am just asking a fair question on something that absolutely should be completely ok to discussions openly?

But the forum rules clearly state
  • If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
If you think breaking the rules should “absolutely be completely ok”, I don’t know what to say. Heck of an attitude.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
How so? Please elaborate?

Why the condescending comment when I am just asking a fair question on something that absolutely should be completely ok to discussions openly?
Because I’m pretty sure that horse has been stoned to death in this thread already in the past, or in other threads. People getting all worked up over the copper thing with absolutely no evidence of anything negative occurring.

And like staircase said, material question don’t belong in here anyways.

Spj3k1

Because I’m pretty sure that horse has been stoned to death in this thread already in the past, or in other threads. People getting all worked up over the copper thing with absolutely no evidence of anything negative occurring.

And like staircase said, material question don’t belong in here anyways.
This is fair enough, I was not aware of the rule. Mods can remove my post and I will redirect it. And not continue this thread here. However your reply did not adress this, only my question.

From what I have seen, all the discussions back and fourth have not proven the slightest on either direction.

You do you, but the condescending and passive agressive tone is just overly defensive to me, just asking a question. Let's do better.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
@Spj3k1 from post #5 of this thread.
There is no wood, metal or butane taste with the Lotus.
1 The air that goes past the wood is at room temperature.
2 I've had a lab test for nickel fumes (thin plate on top) and they are a small percentage of what is in normal air.

You said the Nickel was confusing you, but I’m not sure why it would, it’s not a new application and has been in use with this vape for 13 years now. This isn’t a new conversation we’re having, which is what prompted my comment in the first place.

Spj3k1

@Spj3k1 from post #5 of this thread.

You said the Nickel was confusing you, but I’m not sure why it would, it’s not a new application and has been in use with this vape for 13 years now. This isn’t a new conversation we’re having, which is what prompted my comment in the first place.
As I said we are not continuing this discussion here. But it is absolutely a conversation we're having. You do not however have to take part in it of you don't want it discussed.

But as I said, I will redirect it to where it belongs, so no need to take it here.

jbm

• If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
If you think breaking the rules should “absolutely be completely ok”, I don’t know what to say. Heck of an attitude.
  • No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.
  • If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post.

Spj3k1

• No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.
  • If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post.
Yeah, this guy obviously mistook attitude for ignotance. I was just ignorant. This place has changed.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah, this guy obviously mistook attitude for ignotance. I was just ignorant. This place has changed.
I hear people say that and it could be true. But I have never been on any forum where people did not enforce norms and especially don't like answering the same questions over and over. If you had searched this thread you would have seen this discussion many times and the suggestion to take it off thread.

I absolutely hate the material safety discussions because it is most either bro science, absolutely quackery, or theoretical risk at a laughable level. It's almost never productive or useful.

Spj3k1

I hear people say that and it could be true. But I have never been on any forum where people did not enforce norms and especially don't like answering the same questions over and over. If you had searched this thread you would have seen this discussion many times and the suggestion to take it off thread.

I absolutely hate the material safety discussions because it is most either bro science, absolutely quackery, or theoretical risk at a laughable level. It's almost never productive or useful.
I understand, but as you know we have moved this discussion elsewhere, so no need to continue it.

Point is I was not aware of this, so I apologized and moved the discussions. A mistanke was made, can we move on?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I understand, but as you know we have moved this discussion elsewhere, so no need to continue it.

Point is I was not aware of this, so I apologized and moved the discussions. A mistanke was made, can we move on?
Of course. I just wanted to address your last post. Glad you are ready to move on.

Grass Yes,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hmm,dont know about if taxes are right,but that site needs definetly some work,my order was above that limit and it was not applied :). @vapman Hoping you guys can chime in soon and clear things up :)).
Free shipping from an order of 190 euro applies to the following countries (mine was on the list)

Abysmal Vapor

Too bad it doesn't dysfunction by being cheaper. But I guess if there are fans (more than consumers) ready to order no matter the price or dysfunctions...
Well i am sure soon a resolution will be at hand and there is also plenty of time till June 1st,so no need to impatient. I for sure wont be happy if other people get it cheaper than me because of a site malfunction and will probably cancel and place again if that is the case,but in no way this is preventing me from getting a Lotus ,i just want to know if i got charged as fairly as the others.i understand the need to make it clear about the taxes,but also i felt like a had to point out the freeshipping advertised at the time of purchase wasnt applied to my order ,cause this might bring them trouble .

Sativapo

Like the advertised price of 89 euros ( clearly stated on this thread) wasn't applied either... at least for the consumers of the same continent than the producers. That's a no no for me.

It's like "the Lotus is coming back for ther super price of 89 euros !.. yeah !"
But you got to pay 130 to get if you're a real fan boy.. meeeeeh

Abysmal Vapor

That's 10 posts from you carping about the price. I love my lotus. I'm glad that the vapman team is bringing it back but this thread absolutely sucks right now.
I agree that there is no need to revisit the same issue and when this crap builds up it is usually moved to shipping and ordering thread,because it is really unpleasant to read, i just wanted to point out another issue present on the site, i dont mind the price(ordered two)where it is as i said i just want to get to help them act in a timely manner and save them the trouble of more people commenting on it.
That beings said i should have PMed or email,so sorry about this . It was my last post in this thread on the topic of the ordering process.
@Sativapo ( Daprezz) You misread my post i think, i apologize for nothing other than posting off topic and you mistake the good will of community spirit for fanboism.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Arawfish

coolbreeze

So considering everyone has become increasingly concerned about the materials we use in our vapes.

What about the lotus?
This is a great, great distillation of Lotus info, including materials safety, technique, etc:

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hello dear Lotus family

We would just like to make a quick statement about the shipping costs and the vat at checkout.

shipping costs:
We understand your point of view and have been looking for alternatives for a long time. Dhl is simply the most reliable shipping company and that is why we work with them but we are aware that the prices are high we just cant control the prices of DHL. We would love to change this but we just cant, sorry!

vat:
We have regulated it same as on the vapman homepage.
For EU countries the individual VAT will be added at checkout. All other countries will have to pay the proper import tax.

On our webpage systhem we cant set up a price including VAT because many countries have different vat.

I hope you understand this.

warm regards
Michael and David

mysiak

On our webpage systhem we cant set up a price including VAT because many countries have different vat.

I hope you understand this.

warm regards
Michael and David
Just FYI, you can collect tax in Italy directly, I believe that there is no reason to apply buyer domestic rates. This way you can provide real prices in the eshop and your emails (so you won't do false advertising anymore), and avoid nasty surprises for EU customers. :)

Wiki:
"When a vendor in one member state sells goods directly to individuals and VAT-exempt organisations in another member state and the aggregate value of goods sold to consumers in that member state is below €100,000 or €35,000 (or the equivalent) in any 12 consecutive months, that sale of goods may qualify for a distance sales treatment.[18] Distance sales treatment allowed the vendor to apply domestic place of supply rules for determining which member state collects the VAT. This allows VAT to be charged at the rate applicable in the exporting member state.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax

And EU directive directly:
"Where goods are dispatched or transported by the supplier, or by the customer, or by a third person, the place of supply shall be deemed to be the place where the goods are located at the time when dispatch or transport of the goods to the customer begins."
Source: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32006L0112&from=EN#d1e2521-1-1

mysiak,
Reactions: simba

Bolano

:D@mysiak, from 1st July 2021 online EU sellers are required to apply VAT rates at the customer's country rates.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/taxation/vat/cross-border-vat/index_en.htm

I don't see how they can include VAT without knowing which country is being sent to. Having said that I know of plenty of websites that do that, so not sure how that works. Tax is complicated and tedious but it's clearly upset some people how the Lotus had been priced.

From my point of view, years ago when choosing my first vape it was a choice between a lotus or vapman. I went with the vapman just because I read somewhere that it worked well with hash. I was gutted to hear René ( the original market) was finishing production. The work Michael and David have done in keeping it going and giving it a new lease of life had been fantastic.
The Lotus is in safe hands and I'm looking forward to picking one up when they go on sale. I'll probably wait until they sell one with a stem as I'm not keen on water pipes.
I say that but I still have a lotus sitting in my online basket though which I regularly check is still there 😄

Top Bottom