The Lotus Vaporizer

poutine

Hey everyone! I am still enjoying my Lotus. Does anyone know if the Lotus cap will work with an induction heater? And has anyone found a wooden pipe that works with the lotus without modifications?

poutine,

GoldenBud

Does anyone know if the Lotus cap will work with an induction heater?
unfortunately I don't think so, you can't heat the Lotus plate from like all 360 degrees...I am still enjoying the Lotus too, last plate tho... Hope to find them soon

GoldenBud,
Reactions: cx714

GoldenBud

How long do you find a plate lasts you? That ring of “patina” from the torch hasn’t fully formed on mine yet, but I can’t decide when I should start babying it.
I use it mainly for concentrates now! so less time than usual..... but if i can't find a plate soon, i may skip this vape for concentrates....
the last plate lasted like a year+ of using with a bigger than Honest regular torch....

poutine

I am sure I am just missing something but I can't picture how this would work or what it would look like.

Well, I am hoping to be able to wrap a coil in more of a flat plate, instead of a cylinder like for a Dynavap. Your question made me think to check the plate to make sure a magnet was attracted to the plate- it was! Induction Should work.

I got one of the cheap churchwarden pipes you can find on ebay, wrapped teflon tape around an 18-14 reducer, and yammed it in. I imagine you can do similar with just about any pipe unless it has a particularly huge opening.

Ahhh, thank you!

poutine,

davap84

Well, I am hoping to be able to wrap a coil in more of a flat plate, instead of a cylinder like for a Dynavap. Your question made me think to check the plate to make sure a magnet was attracted to the plate- it was! Induction Should work.
When the coil is like a cylinder, it acts as an oven. Energy is concentrated in the oven.
With a flat form, you will have a big loss of energy.
A best, it will take time.
At worst, you will lose time.

Butane lighter is on demand and very efficient. But you have to burn the plate while you're vaping.
How will you do that with your coil ?

Very septic.

davap84

Thanks.

Yes sir. It's knife carved except for the bowl, of course.
Nice Job. I like this. Congrats !
Lot of sanding.
I used to spoon carve myself, until a few years ago. Swedish method, on green wood, really more rough results than yours.
You carve only spoon ?
Did you ever think about Sticky Brick like vape hand carved ? (I did, but i didn't. Yet)

Edit : Try the Lotus. Photos are here. Treats yourself.

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan
Let's not drift too far off the topic, shall we? :)

To make it short. I've carved many things until I went on a hiatus for a few years and now I'm back doing mostly vaped related stuff for myself and friends.

Doing a hand carved vapor is in fact something to think about and it was one of the first things that came to my mind when I received my OG Brick. Maybe some day when I have lots of time for projects like that. :)

Thanks for your kind words!
Edit : Try the Lotus. Photos are here. Treats yourself.
I'm not saving it for photos, simply for the right moment with good vibez. :)

GoldenBud

My cap's holes for the screws are getting wider and wider... and my cap is not screwed 100%
any tip besides putting little tiny mathces inside the holes?

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom