• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Choices

How many hot plates does one need to keep the lotus in service indefinitely?
I got enough to do two switch outs I figure I’ll wait to see how long until the first happens (if ever) and adjust my usage of it if the time is minimal. The second for catastrophic issues like me poking a hole in it or some such thing. It is truly an heirloom and I hope to pass it on to one of my kids so I’m thinking about it differently than some might...🤔 Hopefully someone will take over from Max but the current climate regarding vaporizers of all types certainly makes that look to be more of a challenge....

cptofnthng

its just a piece of metal though, right? i think someone crafty enough might be able to replicate should the need arise.

cptofnthng,

davap84

The Lotus is an outstanding vape, big hitter and my favorite butane vape. I always use it on glass so I can see the vapor production and control it easily. I have never (yet) had to replace a plate (the only consumable part) tho I have purchased one for backup. I fairly recently bought a Saucer cap which I really like. And after the announcement I bought another WPA just to future proof this bad boy. I should be set for life... ;)
Thanks for your reflexions. I sit a second Lotus out, i'll only take some plates. It is my favorite, with the Evo. But my recent Elev8R has bringed down all my own vape's hierarchie. But i love the Lotus, wich is a lifekeeping. A pleasure to use. The most human friendly of all the analog vapes.
I have 6 now incl the ones on my two caps. Hopefully that should have me covered until nuclear fallout kills us all
Someone one kwos the material of the plates and their thickness ?

.🤔 Hopefully someone will take over from Max but the current climate regarding vaporizers of all types certainly makes that look to be more of a challenge....
What's about the climate, please ?

davap84,

Woodisgood

Perhaps someone based in Europe, where there is no such legislation, could take on the business? I guess logistically that would be much more difficult than a buyer located close to Max in the US, however.

Woodisgood,

Farid

Hopefully someone will take over from Max but the current climate regarding vaporizers of all types certainly makes that look to be more of a challenge....

I agree with you, but to put a positive spin on things, there is also a chance these legislative changes lead to a surge in butane vapes. Even if the Lotus design is not immediately resurrected, I think it will continue to influence the future of this industry.

davap84

The current legislation targeting online sales of vaporizers...
I'm french and i'm not aware of this legislation... I remember that a few years ago, some death occured with some cannabic eliquids, but ecig sellers only were complaining. They were afraid of being targeted. Is it connected with our issue ?
I agree with you, but to put a positive spin on things, there is also a chance these legislative changes lead to a surge in butane vapes. Even if the Lotus design is not immediately resurrected, I think it will continue to influence the future of this industry.
So, the Lotus will be cloned ?

davap84,

Farid

Ecigs are being heavily restricted here in the US making it difficult for them to be shipped. Electronic dry herb vaporizers will possibly be caught up in this we're not sure yet.

So, the Lotus will be cloned ?

No, that would be a patent violation. But I think new butane vapes will come out if electronic vaporizers are banned, and I think the lotus will be a gold standard of what is possible.

Farid,
Reactions: davap84

davap84

No, that would be a patent violation. But I think new butane vapes will come out if electronic vaporizers are banned, and I think the lotus will be a gold standard of what is possible.
Sure. But i suppose that you imagine that plates system will be included in the development of some new vapes...
I read that most of portable vapes (Mighty, crafty, flowermate, etc) were inspired by Iolite's technologie... From that point, 7thFloor's DBV and SSF can be seen as clones of vaporbrother or i don't know who... Not to mention Sticky Bricks ans its woody followers.
I'm surpised nobody ever developed yet a vape with plates and butane. Especilally knowing the legendary aura of the Lotus. The hour is at hand.

davap84,

GoldenBud

I'm surpised nobody ever developed yet a vape with plates and butane. Especilally knowing the legendary aura of the Lotus. The hour is at hand.
I think the patent of the Lotus is a pipe which based on a counterflow heat-exchanger, but the hot fluid doesn't get inside, only its heat.
Vaporgenie's patent is a pipe which based on a parallel heat-exchanger, and the hot fluid does flow inside.

I'm not sure if it's possible to create a combination of the two.... legally...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: davap84

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is somebody now how much costed the Lotus Saucer cap +long stem+j-hook+wpa? somebody have one for sale but I don't know how much to offer...

PPN,

GoldenBud

0.03g works well too with the WPA, without the microdosing mod. tamped down the herb to the screen, made sure the first hit is very gentle > stir > second puff = wow on wow. no mod needed so far if you know to control the heat..

for anybody interested, the microdosing mod can be found here:

@darkstar72 I'm about to buy a countersunk finish washer , which size do I need? thanks ;)

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
wish I nabbed a saucer...
There was a good deal on Classifieds... sadly for US guys only... I offered more but it looks like he prefers to deal with US peoples only... too bad...

It looks like the ebay deal is already gone also.

Ok, no more cap for me, I don't know why I sold mine years ago (for cheap, to a US guy I believe, link here ) :bang:

PPN,
Top Bottom