The Lotus Vaporizer

subway13029

So I should probably go herbal cap on this one..I had the go or maybe v2 and I never fully mastered it but when it got right boy oh boy was it right..very enjoyable..but any way to make it easier and repeatable...I’m in..

subway13029,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
So I should probably go herbal cap on this one..I had the go or maybe v2 and I never fully mastered it but when it got right boy oh boy was it right..very enjoyable..but any way to make it easier and repeatable...I’m in..
Try the J-hook kit. The glass stem lets you see the vapor production for a short learning curve.
Below is a prototype of our newest stem. The main tube is aimed at your eye, for a really good view of the vapor. Fun to use, the vapor is mesmerizing.
dUkAnIm.jpg

Hopefully it will be ready for sale in a few weeks.

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
Good afternoon, Children of the Lotus. I am extremely tempted to get an Herbal Cap to compliment my High Temp cap. I can then use the High Temp for the bubble hash I have on hand every so often, and use the Herbal as a DD. My only concern is the silicone ring since I’ve found silicone to be the weakest link taste wise in some vapes. So for those that have the herbal cap, is any flavor imparted from the silicone?

@Max Jitter That is a cool looking piece!

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Good afternoon, Children of the Lotus. I am extremely tempted to get an Herbal Cap to compliment my High Temp cap. I can then use the High Temp for the bubble hash I have on hand every so often, and use the Herbal as a DD. My only concern is the silicone ring since I’ve found silicone to be the weakest link taste wise in some vapes. So for those that have the herbal cap, is any flavor imparted from the silicone?
We bake the silicone at 375 for 30 minutes to eliminate smells, but see what others say.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i've never had any silicone smells or taste from any of my lotus... and i've never thought of doing any kind of 'burn-off' with this one... i have even used concentrates with my og/herb cap...

...this is my favourite 'butane' vape... came in handy on Sunday during the hydro outages....

colgorkan

I also have a question for everyone: How long has your hot plate been lasting? This is the first hot plate survey that we have done. Thanks for your input.

My Lotus use over the last several years is spread over 3 or 4 different caps, vaping flower most of the time and normally consume somewhere in the range of 1-2 grams a week. Seems like I burn through about a cap every 8-10 months or so, a bit more than one a year. I have always had warning prior to a crack opening up enough to require replacement so I've never been caught out with a busted vape or not had a replacement available.

colgorkan,

cloudsosmoke

Try the J-hook kit. The glass stem lets you see the vapor production for a short learning curve.
Below is a prototype of our newest stem. The main tube is aimed at your eye, for a really good view of the vapor. Fun to use, the vapor is mesmerizing.
dUkAnIm.jpg

That looks like a fun piece of glassware

Is it a sort of sidecar jhook?

Is it free standing like the picture?

..I think I’m in

cloudsosmoke,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
That looks like a fun piece of glassware

Is it a sort of sidecar jhook?

Is it free standing like the picture?

..I think I’m in
A sidecar jhook is a good description, though it has a tube aimed at your eye instead of a dome.

We are having a discussion about how it should stand/lie. Right now it isn't free standing but when it lies down the mouthpiece doesn't touch the table top. If it stands up more it:
1 takes less table space
2 looks better (I think)
3 Is easier to break if it gets knocked over
4 Is clumsier to hold in your hand
I would definitely like other people's opinions.

subway13029

@Max Jitter i bought a used lotus as I couldn’t stand to be without one any longer..my question is the wood part of the cap is black..how do I tell if it’s a early one that used to be available or a high temp one? I wanna replace the plate..would changing the plate turn it into a different model or is it the cap that makes it herbal or high temp or go?

subway13029,
Reactions: KidFated.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Max Jitter i bought a used lotus as I couldn’t stand to be without one any longer..my question is the wood part of the cap is black..how do I tell if it’s a early one that used to be available or a high temp one? I wanna replace the plate..would changing the plate turn it into a different model or is it the cap that makes it herbal or high temp or go?
Only the original caps had painted frames, black or turquoise, not the high temp model. They all use the same hot plate so you can replace it without a problem as long as the screw holes are good (2 sets of holes). We also have the original sunburst design hot plates available.

David and Michael,

dodgy_b

Apologize as I know this has probably been asked before but my search is not working.

New here and want to take advantage of the sale. Is there any reason to get a high temp cap if I only use flower exclusively?

dodgy_b,
Reactions: paehtod

scion34

Apologize as I know this has probably been asked before but my search is not working.

New here and want to take advantage of the sale. Is there any reason to get a high temp cap if I only use flower exclusively?

I’ve used and have access to all three models of cap, I still prefer the black cap - I find it the easiest to have a consistent experience with, I have never combusted and only charred a load once or twice with the high-temp black cap, I can’t say the same on the other models, I seem to char anytime I use the newest one. Also the silicone o-ring used in the newest model gives me some pause, I’m worried about longevity (silicone becomes brittle with age) and the fact it comes into contact with so much heat.

dodgy_b

I’ve used and have access to all three models of cap, I still prefer the black cap - I find it the easiest to have a consistent experience with, I have never combusted and only charred a load once or twice with the high-temp black cap, I can’t say the same on the other models, I seem to char anytime I use the newest one. Also the silicone o-ring used in the newest model gives me some pause, I’m worried about longevity (silicone becomes brittle with age) and the fact it comes into contact with so much heat.
Thanks. Good advice. Longer heat up time with the black cap or negligible?

dodgy_b,

scion34

Thanks. Good advice. Longer heat up time with the black cap or negligible?

Heat-up time is negligible across all the models in my opinion, they’re all pretty darn quick to heat up. A couple quick swirls of the lighter when cold and they’re good to go, I count to around three or so before inhaling. Only one quick heat up is required per session as well, subsequent hits are ready to go when the Lotus is warm

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Soon we’ll be selling replacement o-rings for $.50. We also have a new glass stem that we are dialing in. It will make extraction a lot easier and more accurate. Hopefully ready in 4 weeks.

cloudsosmoke

..Looking forward to trying it

If it doubles as an upside down mouthpiece for my bubbler I’ll be extra happy lol

cloudsosmoke,

dodgy_b

My initial order just shipped. Sweeeeeet. Come to papa...

Thanks all for answering my preorder questions. Looking forward to picking your collective brains a bit more when it hits.

dodgy_b,

Summer

Long Island, NY
dUkAnIm.jpg

How's this j-hook coming along?

Summer,
Top Bottom