The Lotus Vaporizer

GoldenBud

I heard that dreamwood glow 18's capsules are compatible with the lotus. I'll have to update about this later this month, I should receive them soon, did anybody here use it this way? is the screen still need to be in place?

GoldenBud,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The Lotus is a true collector's vape. It is bad ass and was my DD for over a year. It was my second vape ever, and my first portable. I bought it after my Vapor bros whip box back in 2014. Besides the great flavor and hits, they are built solid. My long alum stem is like a tank, and as @ataxian will also confirm, Max's metal wpa is indestructable and great in a bubbler.

I will never sell my Lotus. You can just tell from the quality build that it is something to save. Not like plastic battery vapes. My original cap is an early generation model, but still hits very well. Someday I will pick up a new cap to use more often.

darkstar72

Yes, it's a keeper. One day I plan to get the metal wpa and j hook. But the aluminum pipe works well for now. It is totally a forever piece of stoner fine art due to its ingenious design in how simple and well it works. Those Mindcino county folks have created an heirloom. Surprised it's not as well known.

GoldenBud

Yes, it's a keeper. One day I plan to get the metal wpa and j hook. But the aluminum pipe works well for now. It is totally a forever piece of stoner fine art due to its ingenious design in how simple and well it works. Those Mindcino county folks have created an heirloom. Surprised it's not as well known.
tried Jhook today for the first time. it's better. it cools better the vapor, well glass has K value of 0.8 and aluminum has K value of 202 so it makes sense. great improvement, this is the way to go imo!

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
You guys touting the Lotus' superiority over the Dynavap... I dunno. Been using a DV regular-like for about 3 years now; love it. Fast extraction, small kit, not messy... all good stuff. Found myself wanting to extend the ritual a little and maybe add in some CBD, so I bought the full Lotus kit: Heater, wpa, glass J-hook, aluminum pipe. As others have said, the flavor is really remarkable especially on the first hit but I'm not convinced it lasts longer than the DV with consistent amounts of material.

I do like it, and it does serve the purpose of extending the ritual, but I'm having some issues both with the device itself and in comparison to the DV.

First and most problematically, I have a regular repeatable hotspot that moves around with the position of the heater. It's about 90* anti-clockwise from the stir pin every time. I've taken the heater apart and tried to make sure the debris screen was evenly placed but it made no difference. On the first hit I can wind up with 98% of the bowl still green and find one single burned spot about as big around as a wooden pencil lead and right at the edge of the bowl, kind of a drag.

Vs the DV there are a couple things I notice. First, the DV is ime way more efficient. To be fair part of this is the fun-factor of using the lotus; it's pretty neat, and I did want a longer ritual, but I find I'm using significantly more material. (I use the smallest setting on my TI DV, about 0.03g)

Second, the DV is way way way (way!) tidier. I straw-load from a one of those film-canister looking snap stashes DV sells for no-touch loading, blow the consumed ABV nug out of the end once done for no-touch unloading. I load the Lotus by the pinchful and to get a complete unload takes a both a brush and blowing the ABV. Contrast that with the DV that can be tapped out with a single knock when warm.

In any event, I do like it and will keep it, but if anyone has any advice on how to eliminate the hotspot it would be great to hear.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You guys touting the Lotus' superiority over the Dynavap... I dunno. Been using a DV regular-like for about 3 years now; love it. Fast extraction, small kit, not messy... all good stuff. Found myself wanting to extend the ritual a little and maybe add in some CBD, so I bought the full Lotus kit: Heater, wpa, glass J-hook, aluminum pipe. As others have said, the flavor is really remarkable especially on the first hit but I'm not convinced it lasts longer than the DV with consistent amounts of material.

I do like it, and it does serve the purpose of extending the ritual, but I'm having some issues both with the device itself and in comparison to the DV.

First and most problematically, I have a regular repeatable hotspot that moves around with the position of the heater. It's about 90* anti-clockwise from the stir pin every time. I've taken the heater apart and tried to make sure the debris screen was evenly placed but it made no difference. On the first hit I can wind up with 98% of the bowl still green and find one single burned spot about as big around as a wooden pencil lead and right at the edge of the bowl, kind of a drag.

Vs the DV there are a couple things I notice. First, the DV is ime way more efficient. To be fair part of this is the fun-factor of using the lotus; it's pretty neat, and I did want a longer ritual, but I find I'm using significantly more material. (I use the smallest setting on my TI DV, about 0.03g)

Second, the DV is way way way (way!) tidier. I straw-load from a one of those film-canister looking snap stashes DV sells for no-touch loading, blow the consumed ABV nug out of the end once done for no-touch unloading. I load the Lotus by the pinchful and to get a complete unload takes a both a brush and blowing the ABV. Contrast that with the DV that can be tapped out with a single knock when warm.

In any event, I do like it and will keep it, but if anyone has any advice on how to eliminate the hotspot it would be great to hear.
I have both the “M” & a LOTUS!
4-What’s it’s worth my assessment is as follow’s:
Both have 2-B activated with heat (flame b-match lighter or whatever source you have?)
The LOTUS 4 da cup that run’s over/the “M” when time’s r lean.
I use both of them depending on the need?
Their both decent tool’s.
Depending on one’s need?
SESSION/OUICKY
LOTUS/“M”

GoldenBud

5 seconds of pre-heating. rotate the torch without inhaling. then start inhaling but don't go into the center of the plate within the first seconds. step inside the center for like until you see the red/yellow dot on the plate( 1 second max....) , then rotate again... the whole draw without the pre-heating is like 10-20 seconds, stirr every 1-2 draws

the Lotus is efficient comparing to DV. but if you want to do 0.03g in the lotus, you may want to lift the screen, so it will be easier for the herb to get heated. check here:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Hello,
does anyone have a tip for me where I can buy a Lotus vaporizer in the EU?
Hi,

Orvaxxx

Hi,
Verdamptfnochmal has them

Lemming

Hello,
does anyone have a tip for me where I can buy a Lotus vaporizer in the EU?
I got mine from Vapefully; they had the cheaper kit with J-Hook. At Verdamptfnochmal is an option too, depending on the kit you want.
Vapefully shipped the same day and should arrive tomorrow.
I did not find it anywhere else in the EU.

darkstar72

@Lemming let us know what you think.
@feralcomprehension I haven't had a hot spot issue. I find the Lotus with a tiny amount and the screen up high extracts all my herb without a problem. It still looks pretty green after the first hit but after the third my small amount is cashed even though not "browned". I don't save ABV anymore as I feel it's totally extracted. The first's amazing, the second extracts the majority and the third's barely noticeable. Having greatly reduced my consumption, I often feel like I haven't inhaled much of anything as there is no "mouth full" of vapor or burnt popcorn flavor, and then ten or twenty minutes later I am amazed at the effects. It's a very efficient tool as so is the Vapcap.

I apologize for down playing the greatness of the Vapcap. It has it's place. I really enjoy using mine when I do, which is when away form home. It's stealth. Prior to the Lotus, I was using it daily for a while with a hemp fiber filter below the screen (screen at the smallest chamber setting) and found the air path too constricted. With the Lotus I place hemp fiber in the air path to filter small debris and I think it works great in my setup as the air path remains wide open.

Below is my slightly altered setup. The difference from the prior page's picture is the addition of the sawed steel cylinder pipe (instead of an inverted domed 3/4 screen) to support the finishing washer and top screen. As mentioned previously, I think the finishing washer reduces the airflow to the diameter of the washer top, centering or narrowing the hot air flow. With the steel cylinder/pipe it's one less screen in the air path and it allows me to more easily position hemp fiber at bottom the cylinder's interior. Here is a picture of the parts. I think it works great for my very small dosing need.

I hope Max keeps up the noble work of building this sweet tasting and efficient tool. Thanks Max for your contribution to the vaping community.

IMG_4458b.JPG

Lemming

Update: i got the package today; pretty fast considering origin and destination.
So the kit i got from Vapefully with the J-Hook came with the bigger cap; really good price for the combination; for less than 200 i got the big cap, metal adapter, J-Hook, water filter with 14/18 adapter and the Honest lighter.
Looking forward to try it; it looks and feel really good. I just have to be patient for harvest day to arrive and then wait some more :uhoh:
I can't recommend these guys enough; impeccable service and great price.
@darkstar72 your mod looks great! I'll have to come up with something similar since i consume very little... Good job. By the way, is the hemp fiber for added filtration?

darkstar72

@Lemming Yes, degummed hemp fiber as a debris filter. I got the idea from @Alan and others of the forum. My filter setup is not thick like a cigarette filter but I think it works. I read somewhere hot minute balls of cannabis oil in the vapor are what irritate the throat. Not sure of it's true.

Best of luck on your harvest. In '93 I pulled off a small grow of Northern Lights #4. I expect you'll be absolutely swimming in herb after harvest. The Lotus will treat you right.

darkstar72,
Reactions: ataxian

Lemming

degummed hemp fiber as a debris filter
Sounds interesting; but where do you actually find it? :hmm:
Best of luck on your harvest. In '93 I pulled off a small grow of Northern Lights #4. I expect you'll be absolutely swimming in herb after harvest. The Lotus will treat you right.
Indeed my only previous experience was in '96 but i was a student then and it was much too easy to finish any amount available in that setting :rofl:
This time around it should last quite a while longer i'm sure!

Lemming,
Reactions: ataxian

darkstar72

@Lemming - Hemptopia.com has some. $12.50 for the 1/4 kg plus $5.50 for shipping so $18 to my house. That amount should last a long, long while. maybe a life time? Possibly money well spent to protect the lungs. Rinse and dry a small amount prior to using it as a filter to wash away any possible fiber dust. Can also use it under hash or concentrate or so I've heard.

GoldenBud

but where do you actually find it? :hmm:
in EU :

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hey, I like that finish washer idea. Trying it out with the alu pipe.

I'm finally frustrated enough with my hotspotting issue that I've written to Lotus for input; looking for the same here. The hotspot follows the blue dot, always, unless I try to keep the temperatures *really* low (like, too low to really be useful). Thoughts?

View attachment 5813View attachment 5814
Hiya, I have exactly the same issue, photos look identical to mine.

Apart from, as you say, reducing the heat the only way I've found to stop this happening is to lower the inhale speed (I have to do this with the RBT Splinter too, for example) and, instead of completing the 360° flame circle I only complete about 270° of the circle, making sure that the 90° (quarter circle) which the flame doesn't touch is where the char spot would be.
So the flame moves in a back and forth circular motion instead of completing the circle.

It works for me but does make it less straightforward to use.

DonMarteng

Can somebody help me with finding a large black pipe stem for my lotus in the EU?
I lost mine somewhere and am really missing it.
Got a J-Hook and Vaporscope I love, but not for outside.

Top Bottom