The Lotus Vaporizer

LabPong

I got discouraged cause i got my first v1 lotus cap cracked on its own while sitting in a drawer,the crack has burn marks and then the same happened to the replacement after two months of daily use,while i was using it and it has the same burn marks,the EU reseller refused to replaced it for a third ,lol..Maybe i was pushing them too hard or durability really got much better with the later versions,cause i cant remember anyone else complain.A friend of mine has a later version (V2?) for almost 3 years and he uses it 10 times a day without any noticeable degradation,but i gotta admit the flavor on his unit has a woody note ,similar to the classic VG. Maybe he charred his on inside a bit,isnt one of downsides of the lotus that you can spoil the taste forever if the wood is exposed too much heat,i've seen that on some user pictures.
What does the latest version of the Lotus cap got inside ? I think i remember that there was a silicone o-ring featured in one of the versions,after which i was interest. Is that ring still used inside ?
@Max Jitter Does the pipe from V1 matches the saucer cap,cause i think it also got changed,but i might be wrong ?

-----------------------------
Edited: I misread your post,sry.You are talking about scorching the vape material ,not the wood under the plate.

There is nothing special about the new saucer cap except that it is bigger.

I think the reason you cracked the wood disks....is because your torch flame was too big or too wide of a flame. If your wood is burned...then this is true. The lotus works well with a torch that is a single narrow point blue flame....not a wide dis-pursed flame.

I have been using both the smaller old disk and the new saucer one for a long time now......the wood on both is perfect and not burned or cracked. I use the Jabon ZB 673 funnel looking torch Lotus used to sell. It is perfect for this vape.

products-en-lotus-vaporscope-kit.jpg

So your issue might just be finding the right torch to work well with the Lotus.

LabPong,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Edited: I misread your post,sry.You are talking about scorching the vape material ,not the wood under the plate.
Actually I wasn't talking about either of those. I was talking about scorching my fingers on the metal plate. I am a little clumsy with hot metal and the way the cap is designed I had a tendency to occasionally scorch my fingers on it. A regular cap's metal plate is surrounded by about 1/4 inch wood rim with the plate being the high point. The Saucer cap about doubles the surrounding wood and raises the edges like a saucer (duh) so that you never get near the hot plate with your fingers. I'm sure this wasn't a problem for everyone, just the clumsy like myself. :uhoh:
I am a lot more likely to use this device with the newer cap style. I like it a lot.
Plates.jpg

CybrGuy,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@THx for the clarification @CybrGuy !
@LabPong I was having an very early version ,it was a blue cap. I went trough the OG thread at there are at least a couple more reports like mine. I have only used the vapman torch on them. I have a pear basic model which has zero scorching after ears of use. The Lotus seemed always to me like it needed extra slow inhalation and circling the flame in the middle to get decent hits,compared to it the version on my friends just need a few seconds of heatup and also the plates look way more different.
Do you happen to know if your models got the silicon o-ring ?I am sure that the version that my friend has ,doesnt have it.
If it is not too much to ask,can you post a photo of yours with the plates off ,i am kind of curious what is the condition of the wood. My wood had no scorch marks on top when happened. On the second cap as mentioned, it happened during the process and the crack start from the bottom to the top,and the scorching happened as there was left very little wood at the top to heatsink with the plates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abysmal Vapor,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My OG cap does not have the silicone ring. That was a more recent addition. My OG is 6 years old. It came with the original ridged plate, but when it went back for a service issue they put the new smooth plate on it. The new Saucer I just got a couple months ago, so it DOES have the silicone ring.
Sorry but I don't think I want to remove the plates for inspection. I don't like to unscrew screws from wood unless really necessary.
Just as an additional note, I really love this vape. I consider it one of the 2 hardest hitting vapes I own. And I use it almost exclusively with the WPA on glass. I have only used the aluminum stem a couple times in the years I have had it.

CybrGuy,

LabPong

Where is the silicone o-ring you guys are talking about? I have a regular cap and saucer....with same exact plates and spacers....no silicone o-ring anywhere in the cap area.

I have taken both mine apart many times.....no worry on taking the screws in and out...just be careful, the screws grab the wood well actually.

From the top down in parts.....

Lotus ring (either black or silver)
Main heating plate
Silver ringed spacer ( a bit thicker than the lotus ring)
Lower heating plate with the secondary metal hourglass shaped flap coming off it
Wood Cap

The only orings on my Lotus where the wpa's.

LabPong,

Snooppossum

Where is the silicone o-ring you guys are talking about? I have a regular cap and saucer....with same exact plates and spacers....no silicone o-ring anywhere in the cap area.

I have taken both mine apart many times.....no worry on taking the screws in and out...just be careful, the screws grab the wood well actually.

Main heating plate
Lower heating plate with the secondary metal hourglass shaped flap coming off it
Wood Cap

So I was just about to post and ask how to reassemble this thing....I'm not seeing any silicone o-ring either. I have it in the order you listed your parts and it seems ok except the upper screen in the cap plate is now completely loose and there's a big space between the wood and the bottom metal plate on the inside.

I'm assuming I did something wrong?

EDIT: yeah I definitely put it together wrong because I'm getting zero vapor even after heating the cap for like 15 seconds...

Last edited:
Dirk hoffmeister,

Abysmal Vapor

Main heating plate
Wood Cap

So i get it that the wood inside your has zero charring. I was considering at one point getting a replacement cap for my v1 pipe,but then i read aboutasilicone o-ring inside,between the plates and the wood and gave up on the idea,actually i have never seen it too.
maybe @Max Jitter will chime in to clear this out. If you dont believe me you can search the old thread posts were around 2018 where there is. I dont have the time to dig it out right now but here someone mentions Herbal Cap and Silicone ring.
t6QRa8.jpg

@LabPong Does the wood on your look as fresh as the picture below?
@CybrGuy Good to see there isnt one..

Abysmal Vapor,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I thought Lotus had replaced the metal ring with a silicone one but I may be mistaken. I know at one point he was at least experimenting with one. I have not taken either of my plates off. Here is an exploded image of the cap from their website and I see no silicone.
black-exploded2s.jpg

mmx

Lotus is a badass vape. Achieving that crazy tasty hits and it lasts. Feels like a ritual to me :lol:

What am I missing? Glass WPA (might not be for everyone, but I believe many of us would like to see and buy that) ; more good cooling glass-like vaporscope (loving it and j-hook rocks too). @Max Jitter you made a great long-lasting vape, accessories are the key now ;) What do you think?

mmx,
Reactions: cybrguy

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I actually have little to no interest in a glass WPA.

I LOVE the stock WPA and flavor cannot be beat!
I still use the stem though. There is no better travel piece as it is unbreakable.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: GoldenBud

LabPong

@LabPong Does the wood on your look as fresh as the picture below?
@CybrGuy Good to see there isnt one..

Yes, it is perfect......no evidence of wood drying or burning.

I thought Lotus had replaced the metal ring with a silicone one but I may be mistaken. I know at one point he was at least experimenting with one. I have not taken either of my plates off. Here is an exploded image of the cap from their website and I see no silicone.
black-exploded2s.jpg

Both mine are like that too! Max was probably experiementing as you say.

Lotus is a badass vape. Achieving that crazy tasty hits and it lasts. Feels like a ritual to me :lol:

What am I missing? Glass WPA (might not be for everyone, but I believe many of us would like to see and buy that) ; more good cooling glass-like vaporscope (loving it and j-hook rocks too). @Max Jitter you made a great long-lasting vape, accessories are the key now ;) What do you think?

I could not wait....I made my own glass bowls long ago out of RBT stems.....

LotusRBT.jpg

I made a new debris screen and it fits the slot above the bottom part of the disk.

I actually have little to no interest in a glass WPA.

I LOVE the stock WPA and flavor cannot be beat!
I still use the stem though. There is no better travel piece as it is unbreakable.

I beat the stock metal wpa setup for flavor...... for sure......... :wink:

Your right.....excellent travel vape!

Last edited:
LabPong,
Reactions: mmx

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What am I missing? Glass WPA (might not be for everyone, but I believe many of us would like to see and buy that) ; more good cooling glass-like vaporscope (loving it and j-hook rocks too).
Ahhh, I missed what @mmx was saying. I thought he meant a WPA for glass (which would have been redundant I guess) but he actually meant a WPA MADE of glass. Yeah, I see no reason for that. I LOVE using glass for purity, but I'm not a glass for everything guy.

CybrGuy,

LabPong

Ahhh, I missed what @mmx was saying. I thought he meant a WPA for glass (which would have been redundant I guess) but he actually meant a WPA MADE of glass. Yeah, I see no reason for that. I LOVE using glass for purity, but I'm not a glass for everything guy.

I saw a reason for an all glass wpa......I'm a glass for everything guy......hehehehe

LabPong,
Reactions: cybrguy

Abysmal Vapor

I saw a reason for an all glass wpa......I'm a glass for everything guy......hehehehe
I dont know how is it with the version you got. But a 14/10 glass joint was a perfect fit on mine. I think the Mistvape maker had them at one point,maybe ask him :). People were using the vapocane heater as a bowl.If you are fine with cutting glass you can reduce a regular 14/23 to that length.
products-en-vapocane-c~3.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

Snooppossum

Okay so I followed the layout above from the website and I THINK I have it assembled correctly although there is still a sizable gap between the wood and bottom plate on the inside. I even managed to get a few solid hits.

They were tasty but a bit on the thin side and I preheated the plate for about 10-15 seconds first which seems a little long compared to reports I've read. Also I had to pull really slow. Is this normal? My torch isn't the best but it's putting out a nice Lil flame so I don't think that's it....

If anyone can compare your experience to mine and help me figure out how to get it working better I really appreciate it!

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_170025720.jpg
    IMG_20200526_170025720.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200526_170016370.jpg
    IMG_20200526_170016370.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 19
Dirk hoffmeister,

LabPong

Okay so I followed the layout above from the website and I THINK I have it assembled correctly although there is still a sizable gap between the wood and bottom plate on the inside. I even managed to get a few solid hits.

They were tasty but a bit on the thin side and I preheated the plate for about 10-15 seconds first which seems a little long compared to reports I've read. Also I had to pull really slow. Is this normal? My torch isn't the best but it's putting out a nice Lil flame so I don't think that's it....

If anyone can compare your experience to mine and help me figure out how to get it working better I really appreciate it!

Thanks for your time.

Yours looks like the newer version. If it is all taken apart and you are putting back together....put in order:

1. Screen in the slot
2. Lower heating plate with the flap hanging off it....make sure flap is facing down
3. The thicker silver spacer ring
4. Top heating plate
5. Lotus ring

Beyond that if that is how you have it setup.....then the next thing to look at is the torch your using.....and how your using it.

almost there

black-exploded2s.jpg
The silicone o ring cap wasn’t on the site for too long. It was said to be a faster heat up, Max had sent me one of those o rings but I never got around to trying it.

unklmark

I got my Lotus a couple weeks ago, It's quickly becoming my favorite vape...A Flavor Chasers Must Have!!! Great Device!!!IMG_20200522_121513612_HDR.jpg

unklmark,
Reactions: LabPong

Snooppossum

Yours looks like the newer version. If it is all taken apart and you are putting back together....put in order:

1. Screen in the slot
2. Lower heating plate with the flap hanging off it....make sure flap is facing down
3. The thicker silver spacer ring
4. Top heating plate
5. Lotus ring

Beyond that if that is how you have it setup.....then the next thing to look at is the torch your using.....and how your using it.

Thinking your probably right after watching a review where the guy says there's supposed to be a red dot from the flame on the metal and once it's formed your supposed to move it around apparently.

Well I'm wondering if the red dot things true? I'd think that would be too hot and might damage the plate but yeah I'm not getting that. Torch is called eagle torch and is definitely a cheapo but puts out a decent little flame and I thought the flame didn't need to be too big for this vape from reading...

Anyways thank you so much for the help, I'm very grateful.

Dirk hoffmeister,

LabPong

Thinking your probably right after watching a review where the guy says there's supposed to be a red dot from the flame on the metal and once it's formed your supposed to move it around apparently.

Well I'm wondering if the red dot things true? I'd think that would be too hot and might damage the plate but yeah I'm not getting that. Torch is called eagle torch and is definitely a cheapo but puts out a decent little flame and I thought the flame didn't need to be too big for this vape from reading...

Anyways thank you so much for the help, I'm very grateful.

I never get it hot enough to make any red glowing metal....I just start with a 3-5 second preheat before I draw the first time and do circles around the top of the bowl area......like 1/2 diameter...then do a windshield wiper movement.....I think Max says to do this in his FAQ possibly. But it always works for me.

LabPong,

Snooppossum

I never get it hot enough to make any red glowing metal....I just start with a 3-5 second preheat before I draw the first time and do circles around the top of the bowl area......like 1/2 diameter...then do a windshield wiper movement.....I think Max says to do this in his FAQ possibly. But it always works for me.

Hmm just windshield wipers from one side of the plate to the other? Okay will try.

And how long does a flame need to be to power the lotus? Mines only an inch maybe...

Dirk hoffmeister,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Hmm just windshield wipers from one side of the plate to the other? Okay will try.

And how long does a flame need to be to power the lotus? Mines only an inch maybe...
IMO the most important components with Lotus are:
  • Flame Length - (see pic above)
  • Keeping the tip moving- Move that hot spot around like you are stirring, not fast, but keep it moving.
  • Airspeed - gets perfected with practice and experience, but really easy to tell temps on your tongue when used dry.

HAVE FUN!

Top Bottom