• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

LabPong

I USED to be a glass only snob. Frankly, it was quite necessary just from a flavor profile when combusting

But Lotus threw that whole concept upside down. With the WPA or the Al stem, all I taste is the flavor of flower. It forced me to rethink my position on metal with vapes and I am SOOOO glad I did.

Today, I could not live without my Lotus nor my Omnivap. Metal Haters gonna Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate... they will come around.

My choice to not use metal is a physical necessity to vape...not a leisurely choice...lol.

I don't hate metal....I just know where its limits are for me.. in a vape.

So....you can call me a glass snob and I wont fret...because it's simply just a way of life for me :tup:

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
I vape tobacco at low temp and prefer metal bowls tastewise. Lotus is a king of my collection and I tried it with glass Arizer WPA on glass J-hooks. It was nice but Al stem is better.

Xelatsok,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I USED to be a glass only snob. Frankly, it was quite necessary just from a flavor profile when combusting.

But Lotus threw that whole concept upside down. With the WPA or the Al stem, all I taste is the flavor of flower. It forced me to rethink my position on metal with vapes and I am SOOOO glad I did.

Today, I could not live without my Lotus nor my Omnivap. Metal Haters gonna Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate... they will come around.
I love the lotus so much!

Glass snob I was until I broke 1,000 of $ on the hard floors that surround me.
Open mined today?

ataxian,
Reactions: Dattisso

LabPong

I vape tobacco at low temp and prefer metal bowls tastewise. Lotus is a king of my collection and I tried it with glass Arizer WPA on glass J-hooks. It was nice but Al stem is better.

Good deal! That is what makes this vape so good.

It can be used in so many diff ways to please a wide range of vapers. The heater design is so cool....I appreciate its ability to deliver an effect/medication/feeling that is different than any other vape I have tried.

It does exactly what I wanted/needed it to do.....offer a better experience than my vapcaps. Even though the vapcaps still have a place in my collection.....the Lotus has taken over for my super quick and simple vape session with the highest level of extraction/medication in 2 to 3 draws...

juanavape

I appreciate its ability to deliver an effect/medication/feeling that is different than any other vape I have tried.

I find this too and wonder why/how ?

So after about a month I've managed to combust my material a few times BUT I've never actually inhaled the results as there is always plenty of intuitive warning that it has happened. Also I've recognized a pattern that the reason it happens when it does is a direct result of my laziness towards screen cleaning. That bottom screen really needs to be cleaned after every use (or two) to avoid such incidents.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
For me....any metal bowl/oven gives me vapor that is harsh on my throat and lungs. I can do a SS screen in any glass bowl/oven though. By adding this arizer wpa.....it changes the vapor smoothness/harshness dramatically for me
Lotus + Arizer Gong
Just temporary.....but this is what I would like.....glass oven.
Total smooooooothness! :cool:
I forgot to write the following:
Most of my WP’s are 18mm, however the 18x14 reducer bushing work’s fine for me?
I hate wood on my lip’s however SS has no effect?

The LOTUS has a bowl da work’s for a different demographic?
It fits some group’s better?
We are all different I guess?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Still unpacking and setting up my vape room and finding amazing bits of vaping history!
Today I discovered my Lotus again, it was inside a box of non vape related stuff...go figure!

Had to fire it up and give it a go again.
Amazing flavor from the first go with a pretty decent cloud! Bud was still green, so a few more hits.
Still using it with my pencil BenzoMatic torch, nice pinpoint flame that can be held vertically over the Lotus. No sputtering at all, so easy to keep at a steady distance.

Going back for some more hits!!

LabPong

Have you guys with the new or old plate types noticed that you can hear the warping..flexing of the inner pieces almost like a vapcap click point? I can hear mine start to do that...then I torch just a second or two longer (after the 1 warm up hit) and back off...then get a really nice full banger.

You can then hear it crackle/flex sound after you pull it off for a few seconds.

EDIT....now that I just did a couple more draws...it may be making that sound lightly for a while into the heating cycle on the plate....but it makes a louder sound when it reaches the right point of max heat.

juanavape

Have you guys with the new or old plate types noticed that you can hear the warping..flexing of the inner pieces almost like a vapcap click point? I can hear mine start to do that...then I torch just a second or two longer (after the 1 warm up hit) and back off...then get a really nice full banger.

I notice that clicking sound more so on the cooling down phase, or maybe my lighter just drowns out the sound while it's heating up.

juanavape,

LabPong

I just got the new Lotus in the mail today....they changed the wood cap...pretty cool

I got one a'natural so I can put my own finish on....Thanks Max! It is nice....fingers are def safer.

2019-Lotus.jpg

2019-Lotus-2.jpg

gudthink

I've been thinking I'd like to see a drop-in bowl that could replace the screen filters. Just a machined piece of steel with cavity and some small holes at the bottom. Maybe even a glass piece would be possible. Bowl size would be reduced, but it'd be super easy to pop out and clean by poking the holes with a pin.

juanavape

The WPA has a larger hole in the bottom of the bowl than the aluminum stem giving the screen a larger area and providing a better/faster when wanted airspeed with a bit less concern about the screen plugging up so quickly. Mated with a cheapie j-stem (I couldn't find one I liked with "legs" so probably should have just bought the one offered on the Lotus site) I'm pretty convinced I won't be having any more accidental combustion incidents, not that there were many, maybe 3 in a month's use and that's probably partially due to the learning curve of using 3 different lighters in rotation during that time.

juanavape,

colgorkan

With a slightly larger diameter screen you can dome the screen a bit to open up some space under the screen to improve airflow. You lose a bit of capacity due to dead space under the screen but it is worth it with more even flow across the entire bowl and less green bits around the bottom edge of the payload.

I have domed all my screens into a shape like a drum head (flat top, vertical sides) by centering a 3/4" diameter screen on the bottom of the WPA and pressing hard into a piece of rubber, rolling it around to set a tight 90 degree bend around the edge and then trim the sides down to about 1/16" height and install flat side up in the bowl. With a fine wire screen, the diameter ends up being perfect to fit snugly in the bowl and can even be set half way down for a mini bowl if you want.

gudthink

Thanks for the ideas, guys.

I'm definitely not concerned about airflow. The airflow is already very open and I inhale much slower than the airflow limit. Having said that, I only pack 1/4 or less bowls (one really big flavorful hit and 2-3 small finishing hits).

I'm only concerned with uneven heating after the screen starts to get clogged. I'm definitely going to try the modified screen. Still, I think a removable non-screen bowl would be an awesome accessory. Basically just a chopped-in-half Arizer gong is what I'm thinking.

LabPong

Dont you guys stir the bowl after a hit or two? It is way to easy to do with this vape.

I am not sure at what point I am over powering the heat through the load with a harder draw. So I tend to draw medium then harder for a second and back again. But that said, using just the right torch with the correct sized and shaped blue flame is important. This is why I got the Jabon torch Lotus sells. It is perfect as it has a longer but slightly thinner blue flame. It is more concentrated than other single torches.

So I spend more time figuring out heating times and patterns with the torch across the heating plate.

I think there is more than enough free flowing of air intake....one of the things that makes me not want to use the vapcaps again!

colgorkan

The stir stick is one of the best things about the Lotus aside from the magnets of course.

Oops, I didn't intend improved airflow as a faster draw rate as the Lotus comfortably has several times the throughput capacity needed for effective use and works best at a much lower draw rate anyway. I meant that the airflow distributes through and cooks the payload more evenly producing less green bits around the base of the bowl.

To be honest though I've been using my latest cap with the factory screen and have yet to notice any real difference with the performance of my other caps. This mod is likely one of those things where the idea has merit but in actuality doesn't do much at all and my preference is based more on liking finer screens and a slightly smaller bowl size that matches my preference for using smaller bowls (0.07 gram +/-).

Ymmv. The best thing about this vape is that it is so damn flexible in delivering great performance tailored to individual needs.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I dunno if anyone remembers,but the gong of the vapocane heater fits perfectly the lotus cap and makes a wonderful glass bowl. It is a bit PIA that the other side does not have a glass connection. Anyway @Monkeyhouse looks more than capable of making those adapters if anyone is intersted, he just needs to cut them to the vapocane gong size i can take measures if anyone is interested ,but it looks like it cut to 14/14 in similar fashion to some of RBT stems,just in 14mm.
products-en-vapocane~4.jpg

Last edited:

LabPong

I dunno if anyone remembers,but the gong of the vapocane heater fits perfectly the lotus cap and makes a wonderful glass bowl. It is a bit PIA that the other side does not have a glass connection. Anyway @Monkeyhouse looks more than capable of making those adapters if anyone is intersted, he just needs to cut them to the vapocane gong size i can take measures if anyone is interested ,but it looks like it cut to 14/14 in similar fashion to some of RBT stems,just in 14mm.
products-en-vapocane~4.jpg

I would not want a bowl without a good straight side in the bowl sleeve. But also, that pinch area is too much.....id rather the arizer wpa possibly drilled out where the current 4 holes are. I may experiment later with that when I get a few more in to mess with.

Or maybe Oregon Glass Blower can make a few that are more fitting?

LabPong,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@LabPong I was talking that some will just have to cut the one side of a 14 to 14 mm adapter ,which is easy even to DIY.I was saying vapocaine gong is a perfect fit ,but it is not mean as it does the perfect job.

Abysmal Vapor,

LabPong

I need to know too...anybody ever answer that?

:leaf:

I have seen many even with the older not as strong plates....get 1 year, 2 years +....so it depends on how often you use it and torching type/technique.

But for $15 for a new plate.....I would not care if it was 6 months to 6 years on each one! The vape is so worth it no matter what. That said, I do not think it will fail for me in 6 months....probably over a year with my use....which is medium as I have so many other vapes I use constantly too.

I am also a new Lotus user with only a few weeks experience. Hopefully someone that has used them for some time can chime in with their results on the new high temp plate they use now.

Top Bottom