The Lotus Vaporizer

I think this has been visited upon before.

The Lotus has a relatively small bowl. The cap fits snugly and leaves little room for any sort of "bowl" to shake around, unless you're using a tiny amount. Stirring is necessary if you wish to use the bowl to capacity.

charliedontsurf,

lwien

charliedontsurf said:

The Lotus has a relatively small bowl. The cap fits snugly and leaves little room for any sort of "bowl" to shake around, unless you're using a tiny amount. Stirring is necessary if you wish to use the bowl to capacity.

But I've heard that using the bowl to capacity increases the chance of combustion and that it is better to just fill it with a half to one scoop. If used in this way, would there be enough room in the bowl to shake it thereby eliminating the need for stirring?

lwien,

caseball2051

Im itching to buy this vape.

how many sessions does a lighter last? Ive never played with that type of lighter before.

caseball2051,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lwien said:
charliedontsurf said:

But I've heard that using the bowl to capacity increases the chance of combustion and that it is better to just fill it with a half to one scoop. If used in this way, would there be enough room in the bowl to shake it thereby eliminating the need for stirring?

this is exactly what I was thinking.

Is combusting a real issue with this?

the ob,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Spacenstein said:
Also, with the new stirring rod on the vapor cap, wouldn't the spinning of the vapor cap be greatly affected? I spin the top to evenly heat the bowl.
You definitely can't spin the top through a full 360 with the stirring rod in, but maybe 3/4 of a revolution.

David and Michael,

lwien

the ob said:

I imagine it could be with someone who's never used a vape before, but for those that are a bit more experienced, I would think one could quickly get through the learning curve pretty much unscathed.

The more I think about this vape, the better I like it.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Same here Lwien, everytime I come in here and start reading a few posts it makes me want one.

I heard* someone compare the bowl of the Lotus to that of the PD, which would be a pain to try and stir. If the size of the bowl is similar, then I dont see the need for stirring. Just :2c:

Nycdeisel,

Spacenstein

lwien said:
would there be enough room in the bowl to shake it thereby eliminating the need for stirring?

Lwien, go up a few posts and take a look at the picture I posted of the bowl size. It's a bit shallower than a standard chapstick cap.

I find that with a very tiny layer of finely ground herb, scoop- 1 scoop, there is no stirring necessary. This is because the amount added in the bowl is so small, and the hot air is easily pulled through that small layer, evenly vaping it.

With larger bows, or a bowl filed with hash or kief, stirring would be necessary.

There are four problems with shaking, when using the Lotus. It uses pure convection-- usually, the herb sticks to the bottom of the bowl after the first few hits, and you need to scrape it apart, which shaking can't do. The top is secured by a magnet-- even if it was possible to shake the herb around in the bowl, you risk chances of the vapor top flying off. The bowl is just too small-- the bowl has no volume to properly shake and mix the bowl. The vapor cap isn't perfect-- herb can get stuck in the vapor cap just from normal use, shaking would increase this problem.

the ob said:

The learning curve is short with this vaporizer. Very small amounts, or very large amounts tend to burn a small amount.. but if you can find the perfect bowl size.. burning shouldn't occur often. I don't think you can use dry herb in this vaporizer, because I've tried and each time I end up burning the herb on the second hit. (could be user error, but i'm just pointing it out)

caseball2051 said:
how many sessions does a lighter last?

The lighter included in the kit has a very small tank. You can order larger capacity lighters online. (dealextreme) The lighter included in the kit lasts about six small bowls for me.

Spacenstein,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I just received this vape. I have not used it yet, but I do have a couple of initial impressions. First, the bowl is much better than I expected. I thought someone mentioned that it was the same size as a PD or Zap and this is untrue. As mentioned above, it is a little smaller than a Chapstick cap.

second, and this is not a bad thing, but it is heavier than expected. The aluminum body has some weight and feels very durable. The cap on the other hand is very light. I was a little disappointed that they were sold out of the shorter stem, but then i realized that it is only an inch smaller. No big deal.

The carrying case (while nothing crazy) is a really nice touch. Reviews to come later.

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
No, that was me who said it was about the size of a PD or Zap - LOAD WISE. Physically, yes it is the size of a chapstick lid. But once you get your handy dandy scoop into rotation, you will find that for a unit of measure the scoop ~ a Zap/PD stem.

AGBeer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
AGBeer said:
No, that was me who said it was about the size of a PD or Zap - LOAD WISE. Physically, yes it is the size of a chapstick lid. But once you get your handy dandy scoop into rotation, you will find that for a unit of measure the scoop ~ a Zap/PD stem.

gotcha. I guess what I was saying is that physically, the bowl is not nearly as small as everyone is making it out to be. I was somewhat surprised when I opened it.

I am curious about this device and hash? Thoughts?

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive often thought about that as well Ob. I do know that you get some seriously mean hits if you do the bed of herb/ABV and powder kief on top. Im sure that hash would vape quite nicely in this pipe as well.

AGBeer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
It just seems like a lot of the vapes are not good for this kind of thing, but this might be the perfect device for it.

the ob,

sunsett70

guys, what about the comment that dry herb won't be good for this vape, cause i only got brick weed around here. will the lotus still be good?

sunsett70,

jackmormon

I have used it with both fairly most and very dry weed with great results. I would suggest only using a half a scoop per bowl while in the learning curve. But once you hit the sweet spot it is sweeeeeet!

jackmormon,
Lotus is great for concentrates. Hell, my new DBV is freaking awesome for concentrates. Vapobowl, vapocane, vaporstar, VG all do concentrates.. I'm sure quite a few are good at it if you adjust technique.

charliedontsurf,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Would anyone mind if we post your comments (edited) on our website? If you want to keep them here instead we will respect that.
Thanks

David and Michael,

sunsett70

not a problem, max, post away! just remember to tell your people to give FC members a standard discount 10% off the purchase price. thanks!

sunsett70,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDS,
you should just order the longer one. It is only one inch difference. I really do not think it is that big of a difference. If it were a bigger difference, I could see why you would wait.

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
OK quick review.

Overall this is a very effective vape. I find I can get some pretty big hits from it. Probably bigger than the zap and about the same as with the Magic flight with PA.

It is fairly easy to use, but you have to be careful, or you can combust. I did notice a couple of times that I had turned the material black.

One important note. I seem to only get one good hit out of it. I find that I have to put new product in every time. I am not sure if this is because I am not putting enough in each time (I am using one scoop) but that could get cumbersome for some people. With my zap, I can get four good hits out of a load.

also, it is not as stealthy as some vapes due to the loud sound of the lighter. This is a point not mentioned yet. The lighter is loud. With my other vapes, the only sound is the sound of my breathing in. This is something to consider if being quiet is an issue.

One last issue, I had trouble getting all the material out of the bowl after I was done. I stirred, and blew through it but I still noticed some particles left.

Very well constructed and a nice addition for someone who wants something easy and quick to use. Overall a good vape.

Top Bottom