The Linx Blaze brings Microdosing to extract vaporizers

~Elizabeth~

~fucking combustion since June 1st, 2022~
I have also had the pleasure of using the new Budder cups for the Linx Blaze Onyx. For anyone not familiar with the Blaze, it’s a great device for concentrates on its own(comes with a ceramic flat coil atomizer as well as quartz chamber atomizer). The case it comes in is pretty nifty too.

But it’s the new Budder cups that stand out. The little case that the cups come in is brilliant. You slide the tray out and inside are 8 neat little cups. Each one comes with a little rubber cap so you can preload each cup and carry the whole case on-the-go.

The Budder cups are meant to be used in the flat ceramic coil atomizer. Once the mouthpiece is screwed on, the cup fits nice and snug in the Blaze. The Budder cups, as mentioned above, are super small. I only put a tiny amount of concentrate in each one.

The Blaze has different temperature levels so I started at the lowest and worked my way up. To my surprise, the 2nd level was the best for me. I thought it would take the highest heat since the atomizer needs to heat up the cup but I got great flavor and clouds on the second lowest setting and the cup looked pretty well spent after just a few rips. And that’s why the cups are so novel. You don’t have to keep loading/cleaning the same cup after each use. Just swap out one cup for another, you do get 8 of them! Lol. And the swap is easy, just unscrew the mouthpiece and it slides right out.

I would absolutely recommend the Blaze with Budder cups to anyone looking for a discrete, clean, and portable concentrate microdosing device.
thank you for taking the time to make this post, especially with all of the pics too. Question: these budder cups are meant for use with the ceramic coils, but they themselves are glass? So the only thing your product comes into contact with is glass? I shy away from ceramic and metal coils for health reasons, but that little 8 pack bit looks so up my alley for while out and about and on the go

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
thank you for taking the time to make this post, especially with all of the pics too. Question: these budder cups are meant for use with the ceramic coils, but they themselves are glass? So the only thing your product comes into contact with is glass? I shy away from ceramic and metal coils for health reasons, but that little 8 pack bit looks so up my alley for while out and about and on the go

Yes that is the way the cups work, but it is easy to overfill them, and then material is spilling into the ceramic and vaporizing from there, I think the ceramic is fine, but if you are concerned it is something to keep in mind... I think the quartz bucket is much nicer? Though you can't preload the same

~Elizabeth~

Oh hey you! (:
Yes that is the way the cups work, but it is easy to overfill them, and then material is spilling into the ceramic and vaporizing from there
Well shit :\ Maybe if l'm really, really careful to not overfill them? I wish there was a recommendation in grams for amount of material to load so l could literally weigh it and be good to go lol. Also l imagine being sure to keep the pen upright is very helpful with avoiding spillage. l wouldn't freak out if a little bit accidentally got in there and l occasionally unknowingly did, but l wouldn't want to habitually puff w/ ceramic. Or would it be knowingly? I.e., would it be visibly evident if rosin got onto the ceramic? That could be a good gauge of whether or not l'm loading to much or just the right amount
I think the ceramic is fine, but if you are concerned it is something to keep in mind...
l am so tysm for pointing out how spills will have me vaping off ceramic. Very useful to know. l still am thinking lmma get the blaze with the budder cups...l could be carerful, and just save them for when l need portable medication on the go. At home (where l am the majority of the time) I'd stick with the quartz bucket
I think the quartz bucket is much nicer?
What makes ya say that? Nicer hits?

P.S. ty for steering me towards this thread, reading your review and those from others made the blaze even more appealing

Shit Snacks

What makes ya say that? Nicer hits?

P.S. ty for steering me towards this thread, reading your review and those from others made the blaze even more appealing

My pleasure of course! Yeah for the reason I was explaining, no overflowing into the ceramic, it's going to happen, you can't really avoid it, that's why I think you should not even bother with that atomizer at all or the buttercups, just stick with the quartz and maybe get spare quartz atomizers?

~Elizabeth~

Question! Does anyone have experience with the lifespan of the linx blaze's quartz coils? l understand that there's quite a number of factors that will determine the lifespan of one's coil, so it's kind of a tricky question to answer.

The only thing that's holding me back from me purchasing a blaze is the higher price of replacement coils: $32, as opposed to $8 for divine tribe's v4 replacement quartz cups. The blaze's homepage claims their coils have on average a lifespan 3x that of the leading competition, and l'm wondering if any of you guys have noticed this to be true. Your input would be most helpful! :D

My pleasure of course! Yeah for the reason I was explaining, no overflowing into the ceramic, it's going to happen, you can't really avoid it, that's why I think you should not even bother with that atomizer at all or the buttercups, just stick with the quartz and maybe get spare quartz atomizers?
thanks <3 oh ok, so nicer for me for that reason. Well dang it! l was under the impression that if l was careful l could avoid it, but it sounds inevitable from what you're saying. Bummer, l was super excited at the thought of convenience/portability with the budder cups. Alas. l def would have at least one extra quartz atomizer, good idea with that. l'm so glad l'm informed now and that you saved me from wasting $15 on budder cups that l would end up not using xD should l go with it. l really want to, but that replacement coil price tho Dx

Edit: what's really appealing to me about the blaze is what l keep reading about lack of harshness, even w/o a water attachment. And compared to the V4 and Sai that l've been researching, it stands to reason. The blaze only has a 5v battery. ldek how many volts/watts is required for the v4/sai, but l know it's a heck lot more than that xD

Last edited:
~Elizabeth~,

Shit Snacks

thanks <3 oh ok, so nicer for me for that reason. Well dang it! l was under the impression that if l was careful l could avoid it, but it sounds inevitable from what you're saying. Bummer, l was super excited at the thought of convenience/portability with the budder cups. Alas. l def would have at least one extra quartz atomizer, good idea with that. l'm so glad l'm informed now and that you saved me from wasting $15 on budder cups that l would end up not using xD should l go with it. l really want to, but that replacement coil price tho Dx

Haha yeah they seem convenient, in theory, and I'm sure you could make them work for you, once you figure out the exact amount, but you might not want the risk? And just fiddly, yeah I think the quartz atomizer is just simpler and better... I feel like these things don't die easily but it depends how much you use my mind never use any of them heavily enough to have any atomizer die on me ever... Spares are good, add to total cost?

~Elizabeth~

Haha yeah they seem convenient, in theory, and I'm sure you could make them work for you, once you figure out the exact amount, but you might not want the risk? And just fiddly, yeah I think the quartz atomizer is just simpler and better... I feel like these things don't die easily but it depends how much you use my mind never use any of them heavily enough to have any atomizer die on me ever... Spares are good, add to total cost?
yeaaah, idt l want the risk weighing on my mind...as convenient as they sound, l'd always have a nagging worry at the forefront whilst medicating

Dang, never had an atomizer die on you, how convenient sounding lol

l actually ended up ordering the blaze and its silicone case offered on their site a coupla hrs ago at the behest of my family and l'm so freaking excited to try it xD (They're so over me smelling like a walking ashtray, and so am l!) l didn't order an extra coil out of the slight possibility l end up not being a fan...if l am a fan, l'll order an extra to have on hand. l will be sure to provide a detailed report to this thread after l've put it through the rigors of testing, including how long my coil lasts me for future seekers of information.

lt's supposed to arrive in 3-8 business days~ *squees*

l've a question l've been wondering about for awhile concerning the material l'll be putting in it...rosin is so freaking sticky and sap-like, l was wondering do you think it'd be ok to freeze some and then like, break off a little frozen crumble of it and drop it in the atty xD seems brilliant to me but there might be something obvious and not good about it that l'm overlooking, rip

Shit Snacks

l've a question l've been wondering about for awhile concerning the material l'll be putting in it...rosin is so freaking sticky and sap-like, l was wondering do you think it'd be ok to freeze some and then like, break off a little frozen crumble of it and drop it in the atty xD seems brilliant to me but there might be something obvious and not good about it that l'm overlooking, rip

Nice! Yes they and you will be happy haha Yeah good to try it first and then you can order plenty of spares later, even a whole second blaze why not... And yes that sounds good, you're actually supposed to keep rosin in the freezer ideally! Should be easier to load, small crumbs that way, no overload.

Adobewan

yeaaah, idt l want the risk weighing on my mind...as convenient as they sound, l'd always have a nagging worry at the forefront whilst medicating

Dang, never had an atomizer die on you, how convenient sounding lol

l actually ended up ordering the blaze and its silicone case offered on their site a coupla hrs ago at the behest of my family and l'm so freaking excited to try it xD (They're so over me smelling like a walking ashtray, and so am l!) l didn't order an extra coil out of the slight possibility l end up not being a fan...if l am a fan, l'll order an extra to have on hand. l will be sure to provide a detailed report to this thread after l've put it through the rigors of testing, including how long my coil lasts me for future seekers of information.

lt's supposed to arrive in 3-8 business days~ *squees*

Consider freezing it in parchment paper, so you can snap it before unfolding it to eliminate any shrapnel.

kuzko

Can’t add much other than what’s already been said. I haven’t pulled out my Blaze in a while, I’ve since moved on to flower/concentrate mix. I’ll echo that you don’t want to put too much in the cups, otherwise they’ll overflow. Which isn’t the end of the world, I understand you are trying to avoid the ceramic heater though. The cups would also get stuck in there if the concentrate overflowed around the cup and dried.

~Elizabeth~

Nice! Yes they and you will be happy haha Yeah good to try it first and then you can order plenty of spares later, even a whole second blaze why not... And yes that sounds good, you're actually supposed to keep rosin in the freezer ideally! Should be easier to load, small crumbs that way, no overload.
l'm looking forward to it haha. l really like that the blaze can be broken down to replaceable parts as needed. Oh wow, l love when what l'm thinking of doing is what's supposed to be done xD most excellent~
Consider freezing it in parchment paper, so you can snap it before unfolding it to eliminate any shrapnel.
Brilliance! ty for that tidbit
Can’t add much other than what’s already been said. I haven’t pulled out my Blaze in a while, I’ve since moved on to flower/concentrate mix. I’ll echo that you don’t want to put too much in the cups, otherwise they’ll overflow. Which isn’t the end of the world, I understand you are trying to avoid the ceramic heater though. The cups would also get stuck in there if the concentrate overflowed around the cup and dried.
well l do appreciate you adding what ya did :D flower/concentrate mix as in a vape that does both? Geeze it really overflows if enough gets in there to cement it in like that. l'll be sure to stick with rice size loads.

kuzko

l'm looking forward to it haha. l really like that the blaze can be broken down to replaceable parts as needed. Oh wow, l love when what l'm thinking of doing is what's supposed to be done xD most excellent~

Brilliance! ty for that tidbit

well l do appreciate you adding what ya did :D flower/concentrate mix as in a vape that does both? Geeze it really overflows if enough gets in there to cement it in like that. l'll be sure to stick with rice size loads.

There are a handful that can do flower/concentrate in different ways, currently I’m using one of the newer butane powered vapes. Don’t want to get too off topic but you’re welcome to PM me if you want.

Sounds like you should be good to go with the Blaze 👍.

~Elizabeth~

There are a handful that can do flower/concentrate in different ways, currently I’m using one of the newer butane powered vapes. Don’t want to get too off topic but you’re welcome to PM me if you want.

Sounds like you should be good to go with the Blaze 👍.
oh no worries, l knew there were a few that do that (didn't know about w/ butane, interesting), thought you might be talking about wax infused bud or some shit xD yeah l'm hoping for luck with the blaze!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
2 years without a post in this thread until you started checking it out @Elizabeth should have told you how popular this device is...I do hope you have a good experience with it and I hope you do not get turned of concentrates by it if you don't.

~Elizabeth~

2 years without a post in this thread until you started checking it out @Elizabeth should have told you how popular this device is...I do hope you have a good experience with it and I hope you do not get turned of concentrates by it if you don't.
haha l too noticed the long gap in post times and thought it odd given the popularity of the blaze (from what l've heard from you guys here on FC and what l've read from hundreds of reviews elsewhere)

Tysm for the well wishes, l have good feelings about it! :D Been so excited for it's arrival that l've been watching tracking like a hawk lol. lt's supposed to arrive by tomorrow night! l def won't get turned off of rosin, l have a nice press that needs used haha. Also tired of the sheer volume of flower l plow through, so am needing some meds of higher efficacy

l love how friendly you guys on here are <3

~Elizabeth~

So l received my Blaze in the mail today (barely over 3 days shipping ftw) and l'm in love <3 very smooth, very flavorful, very potent. l actually had that physical reaction to a strong onset high where l break out into a cold, full body sweat xD That hasn't happened in awhile lol

Anywho, l think l'm cleaning it incorrectly after use but l'm not sure what l'm doing wrong as l'm doing per instructions...after each session, take an alcohol soaked q tip and swab it out well until clean. (l'm using the quartz one.) lt has a small cross shaped indentation in the very center of the coil and this is where l'm having an issue. There is a dark residue stuck there that isn't coming out D:

l noticed it at the end of the 3rd load. l used a dropper to put a lil iso in there to stew awhile to see if that'll get it off. lt says not to submerge the coil in iso but l didn't see how there'd be an issue with letting a handful of drops soak in there as the q tips l swab it out with are drenched in it. Do you think l could safely w/o damaging the coil gently scrape with a wooden toothpick along the cross after l've let it soak awhile, or would it be best to stick w/ my soft q tip?

l'm worried about using it again with the coil dirty like that cuz l feel that'll really concrete that shit on, rip

Appreciate your help!

Shit Snacks

So l received my Blaze in the mail today (barely over 3 days shipping ftw) and l'm in love <3 very smooth, very flavorful, very potent. l actually had that physical reaction to a strong onset high where l break out into a cold, full body sweat xD That hasn't happened in awhile lol

Anywho, l think l'm cleaning it incorrectly after use but l'm not sure what l'm doing wrong as l'm doing per instructions...after each session, take an alcohol soaked q tip and swab it out well until clean. (l'm using the quartz one.) lt has a small cross shaped indentation in the very center of the coil and this is where l'm having an issue. There is a dark residue stuck there that isn't coming out D:

l noticed it at the end of the 3rd load. l used a dropper to put a lil iso in there to stew awhile to see if that'll get it off. lt says not to submerge the coil in iso but l didn't see how there'd be an issue with letting a handful of drops soak in there as the q tips l swab it out with are drenched in it. Do you think l could safely w/o damaging the coil gently scrape with a wooden toothpick along the cross after l've let it soak awhile, or would it be best to stick w/ my soft q tip?

l'm worried about using it again with the coil dirty like that cuz l feel that'll really concrete that shit on, rip

Appreciate your help!

A toothpick should be fine, but I would say try burning it off as well? I've never been able to scrub these things clean with iso qtips

Zipford

Appreciate your help!
I don't have the Blaze but I think if you're gentle a toothpick would be fine. With the Hypnos Zero they say turn it upside down and burn off residue on the highest setting, which helps get off the stubborn stuff. So that might help too.

I suspect the Zero atomizer is more fragile than the Blaze, but fragile the Zero certainly is.

Adobewan

Appreciate your help!
Another vote to try burning it off.

~Elizabeth~

A toothpick should be fine, but I would say try burning it off as well? I've never been able to scrub these things clean with iso qtips
after soaking for 4 hrs (l forgot about it, oops), it was mostly evaporated and--with some firm yet gentle scraping and a few more drops of iso--l managed to get off the gunk from the cross part. l wonder why it's there, how that helps with the vape process. Because it's kind of a bitch to get completely clean lol. lt'd seem so much easier if there were no indentation and it was smooth throughout
I don't have the Blaze but I think if you're gentle a toothpick would be fine. With the Hypnos Zero they say turn it upside down and burn off residue on the highest setting, which helps get off the stubborn stuff. So that might help too.

I suspect the Zero atomizer is more fragile than the Blaze, but fragile the Zero certainly is.
l used one and it doesn't seem to have damaged it. So l'm glad you mentioned the burn off as that was in their cleaning vid and something l was needing (and forgetting) to ask about. When you do that is it just dry, w/o water or iso when you do that? l realize upside down it would run out, but not even a little something beforehand with it upright? l don't understand the mechanics of how doing it dry upside down would help, l'd think it would just burn it on more xnx but, obviously if that's what they're meaning, then that's what they're saying...so that must be right. Right? xD

this would be a great technique to know how to do so l can avoid the whole toothpick scrape bit in the future, or in case the toothpick doesn't work. lt's such a tiny groove that it's almost to skinny for the tip of the toothpick to get into...l briefly thought a paperclip would be better before thinking You'd scratch the coil, you fool.

the blaze seems quite sturdy, l've already both knocked it over and dropped it in my sink, and it still works great
Another vote to try burning it off.
ty for your input :D l'll have to watch the cleaning vid again, brilliance lol. Perhaps there's further explanation of this step that went in one ear and out the other last time xD

somewhat related, l've a question about pressing rosin if any of you are familiar...l've tried vaping both rosin that was pressed in a bag and that was pressed w/o a bag, and l noticed that the stuff that wasn't in a bag was very noticeably less smooth and less tasty. It had almost...bitter undertones to it? ls that fairly normal? My first thought was that it was chlorophyll, but then my second was to wonder if the bags are even capable of filtering that out.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
(l'm using the quartz one.
I use SimpleGreen to soak any black scorching with quartz (the longer the better, o/night somewhere warm) and butane torch clean occasionally when in a hurry.
if any of you are familiar
The bag really only stops larger solid particles from making their way into your rosin and these particles can make your dabbing surface get dirty pretty quickly.

Zipford

l used one and it doesn't seem to have damaged it. So l'm glad you mentioned the burn off as that was in their cleaning vid and something l was needing (and forgetting) to ask about. When you do that is it just dry, w/o water or iso when you do that? l realize upside down it would run out, but not even a little something beforehand with it upright? l don't understand the mechanics of how doing it dry upside down would help, l'd think it would just burn it on more xnx but, obviously if that's what they're meaning, then that's what they're saying...so that must be right. Right? xD

this would be a great technique to know how to do so l can avoid the whole toothpick scrape bit in the future, or in case the toothpick doesn't work. lt's such a tiny groove that it's almost to skinny for the tip of the toothpick to get into...l briefly thought a paperclip would be better before thinking You'd scratch the coil, you fool.
Having owned and used the Hypnos for a while, my take is these atomizers can tolerate soaking in ISO better than mechanical scraping, and the Hypnos atomizer has a center post that gets hot with a depressed ring around it, and a real stubborn black residue builds up in the trench, probably like what you get on your X.

I do the burn off dry and upside down (though I think upside down is meant to have reclaim drip out, which never happens). With the caveat that I've only done the Hypnos, first I typically either soak the atomizer in ISO or use Q-tips soaked in ISO to gently swab out the easy stuff. Linx says not to soak the atomizers, but I think this is fine as long as they end up clean and 100% dry before their next use. I've soaked the Hypnos atomizers in ISO for hours with no ill effects.

Once you're left with just the black residue, I've done a few things. If it seems gummy or tacky, I've put a few drops of ISO (7-8 for the Hypnos, the Blaze chamber is probably bigger) and then very gently scraped the residue with a toothpick or safety pin. Once the ISO is discolored, I swab it out and do it again until clean. I have also (despite ISO being highly flammable) put 8 drops in and then very briefly heated the atomizer, which seems quite effective in getting the residue to liquify, but again this takes several attempts. I think the risk of 8 drops of ISO causing some major fire is low, but obviously use caution if you try this. You might also try this with water -- I think heating this black stuff and having it dissolve in a liquid works fairly well, but again it takes a few tries, keeping everything gentle. And I've never tried water, only ISO.

If the black residue seems more like discoloration but not sticky, that is where the upside down burn off works well. I use the highest setting and do it for multiple back to back burn offs, and that tends to work to get the atomizer clean. But if you're not expecting reclaim to drip out, no reason to do this upside down -- like I said, any easy stuff I swab out first so there's nothing to drip out.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I thought @~Elizabeth~ was talking about the budder cups, not the atomizer building up a deposit in the middle... I would like to say do not soak an atomizer in SimpleGreen, and do not try to torch it clean...just quartz stuff.

~Elizabeth~

I use SimpleGreen to soak any black scorching with quartz (the longer the better, o/night somewhere warm) and butane torch clean occasionally when in a hurry.
how convenient, l have a thing of SimpleGreen already :D (will wait to use before hearing back from ya though)
The bag really only stops larger solid particles from making their way into your rosin and these particles can make your dabbing surface get dirty pretty quickly.
oh geeze, ok not helping with the gunk buildup
Having owned and used the Hypnos for a while, my take is these atomizers can tolerate soaking in ISO better than mechanical scraping, and the Hypnos atomizer has a center post that gets hot with a depressed ring around it, and a real stubborn black residue builds up in the trench, probably like what you get on your X.
l soaked it overnight after its 4th use because l accidentally over cooked the last hit and it was way worse than the first time l noticed it. ldk what's with these little grooves and crevasses on the coil surface, but imo it seems like a piss poor design. lt's literally the only spot l'm having issues with, all other parts become clean effortlessly
I do the burn off dry and upside down (though I think upside down is meant to have reclaim drip out, which never happens). With the caveat that I've only done the Hypnos, first I typically either soak the atomizer in ISO or use Q-tips soaked in ISO to gently swab out the easy stuff. Linx says not to soak the atomizers, but I think this is fine as long as they end up clean and 100% dry before their next use. I've soaked the Hypnos atomizers in ISO for hours with no ill effects.
Nice. Yeah that's the first thing l do is swab out the easy gunk. Yup don't use w/o it 100% dry. Tysm for explaining exactly how you do your burn off, l will try that. Yeah if there's reclaim dripping out l woulda had to do a really bad job with my q tip xD
Once you're left with just the black residue, I've done a few things. If it seems gummy or tacky, I've put a few drops of ISO (7-8 for the Hypnos, the Blaze chamber is probably bigger) and then very gently scraped the residue with a toothpick or safety pin. Once the ISO is discolored, I swab it out and do it again until clean. I have also (despite ISO being highly flammable) put 8 drops in and then very briefly heated the atomizer, which seems quite effective in getting the residue to liquify, but again this takes several attempts. I think the risk of 8 drops of ISO causing some major fire is low, but obviously use caution if you try this. You might also try this with water -- I think heating this black stuff and having it dissolve in a liquid works fairly well, but again it takes a few tries, keeping everything gentle. And I've never tried water, only ISO.
safety pin would be ok? o: Wouldn't scratch/damage the quartz? Cuz the tip of my toothpick's barely slim enough to get in there. The residue doesn't feel tacky at all. Lol that's funny you talk about the fire risk with the iso, the first time l swabbed it out while still hot with iso it sputtered at me and startled the shit outta me xD brilliance with the water, idk why l didn't think of that. We had been talking about the same method in a different thread talking about divine tribe's quartz attys. l think l'll try the water method first :D
If the black residue seems more like discoloration but not sticky, that is where the upside down burn off works well. I use the highest setting and do it for multiple back to back burn offs, and that tends to work to get the atomizer clean. But if you're not expecting reclaim to drip out, no reason to do this upside down -- like I said, any easy stuff I swab out first so there's nothing to drip out.
oh j/k, yeah this time it's discoloration only so l'll try THIS method first instead. Sweet l'll hold it upright, l felt silly sitting there holding it upside down knowing nothing would come out haha
I thought @~Elizabeth~ was talking about the budder cups, not the atomizer building up a deposit in the middle... I would like to say do not soak an atomizer in SimpleGreen, and do not try to torch it clean...just quartz stuff.
this atty/coil is made of quartz ouo This: https://linxvapor.com/products/blaze-ace-atomizer Knowing that would you still say no to the SimpleGreen?

Shit Snacks

I think you can use a little simple green, you just have to be careful to load a tiny bit into the bucket, just don't soak the entire atomizer because that's what he was at first saying lol because you thought you were talking about a removable bucket...

Also by the way the grooves in the bottom of the quartz bucket I believe are there so you can scrape the dab for easier loading? I don't know I have a hell of a time trying to load cold start dabs into a smooth quartz bucket!

Top Bottom