Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My least favorite j-hook

1. Gets dirty too fast
2. Retains too much taste from previous sessions
3. Hard to clean (an retains liquid)
4. A little thin
I thought the trend of filling these plain Jane hooks with beads typically used a removable screen for cleaning. It looks like this one has some glass divots so the balls can never be removed?

Nebelmann

Thanks for the feedback. Was tempted quite a few times by that wonderful look of the j-hook. Maintenance is a thing and clogging balls that can't be removed doesn't sound fun

Nebelmann,
Reactions: popitup

Jojofernz

IMG-4296.jpg
Got the Hook and Hammer combo going

The_dude_

Hey guys. So I’ve been making ball modded j hooks since spring of 2021. Over the years I’ve been working with biao-t to make some cool stuff. I sell it all at pretty close to cost and do all the ball mods with stainless steel intercoolers. I rarely post on here since i live on discord and the ent exchange mainly. I have some cool color ways in the works as well. I’m trying to upload pics on here but can’t quite figure it out

Radwin Bodnic

Think this still qualifies as a j-hook hit? 🙃
Definitely counts !
This Ehle piece looks much nicer on your desk than on the website where it is sold. Especially in this half dry config, without downstem. I bet the hit was quite smooth with the restriction before the mouthpiece taper, the added humidity and the angled mouthpiece.
Thanks for sharing !

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
It really was surprisingly smooth, regretting I didn't pull harder now lol...as it was my first try. Seems like those chamber balls swirl, cool and smoothen the vapour nicely.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I really like my dedicated cooling hooks from Good Vibes Boro as I now have one U-turn stem for TM to go with my separate cooling hook paired with cooling WPA, I also have a U-turn male 18 stem for TP80 that I am loving... If any can follow on Instagram he posted female stems that look really nice going up on the site for sale soon, large U-turn cooling hooks go great with any vape!

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
@Shit Snacks ye I seen some stuff from Good Vibes Boro, looks nice and price is good also. I would like to have one of those classic j-hooks with few balls/dimples/spiral in it for extra cooling, and then have it dressed in wood, but with "windows" on it, so glass stem and inserts can still be seen. Eventually...

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
And to add to the post above... One of these 1.5' "XI Gandalf" pieces, carb'd and mounted level on a stand (if possible) in 18mm cobalt would be f'n BADASS! (Tho, I'd get 14mm, cuz Imma HUGE poossay:rolleyes:):
1689306917826479.jpeg

May have to look into the overall cost... His work seems to have just the right amount of "jank" to not be "janky", if you know what I mean...? 🤌:tup::peace:

Edit: a 3-prong stand instead of the milkshake/sundae cup-type base would be even more kickass...! (tho maybe not as practical/sensible as a cup, but c'mon, how long do you think one of these thing's life expectancy really is...? :hmm::haw::freak::razz::smug::dog:)

Last edited:

StellarLarve

Nice! Thanks for sharing, I really like the blue one in your first post, the base/stand looks like a nice feature.

StellarLarve,
Reactions: Bologna

maremaresing

And to add to the post above... One of these 1.5' "XI Gandalf" pieces, carb'd and mounted level on a stand (if possible) in 18mm cobalt would be f'n BADASS! (Tho, I'd get 14mm, cuz Imma HUGE poossay:rolleyes:):
1689306917826479.jpeg

May have to look into the overall cost... His work seems to have just the right amount of "jank" to not be "janky", if you know what I mean...? 🤌:tup::peace:

Edit: a 3-prong stand instead of the milkshake/sundae cup-type base would be even more kickass...! (tho maybe not as practical/sensible as a cup, but c'mon, how long do you think one of these thing's life expectancy really is...? :hmm::haw::freak::razz::smug::dog:)

Thanks for sharing these. I have been tempted to get an exaggerated gandalf for a long time, but none of them support GonG. (Yes I know I modify existing pipes to use GonG adapters but that's effort on top of expense)

I'm probably going to order one of these for my BFG Dani's and get my Shire on. Just wish I didn't have to get an app when I could order through a website. :nope:

sparrowman

If you are going to mod your j hook with balls, what size would you go with? Also how do you keep the balls from falling out? Folded screen?

Had a quick go with some spare 3mm I had laying around, seemed a bit fiddly

Last edited:
sparrowman,
Top Bottom