• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yes the dimples in the fab element are mostly cosmetic and could go without. I get that it created the impression that it was opened, however, that wouldn't mimic the iDB piece and would actually degrade function imo because it would mainly just make the vapor path a lot more open.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

BobLobLaw

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari Thanks for sharing those pics. How much smoother/cooler is the bubbler in the pic compared to the j-hook? I am on the fence whether to get a proper bubbler like this (with 25% off) and use a j-hook I already have for portable use or get an ash catcher to attach to the j-hook instead of a separate bubbler.

BobLobLaw,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari Thanks for sharing those pics. How much smoother/cooler is the bubbler in the pic compared to the j-hook? I am on the fence whether to get a proper bubbler like this (with 25% off) and use a j-hook I already have for portable use or get an ash catcher to attach to the j-hook instead of a separate bubbler.
You're welcome! I've actually only used the water piece with my herborizer and the hook with my TM2 and Anvil so I can't really compare. But in general a hit through water will do more cooling than a dry hit. The piece you linked looks nice though and if I was given your dilemma, for my use the bubbler would make more sense than a ashcatcher.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: BobLobLaw

Texus

Also a fan of this slit donut perc and the versatility of this TAG piece.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have bought the same Thing and im a bit disappointed that the Air doesnt travel through the middle glass part, but around it. Otherwise it would have been a bit Like the prophet from idb. A bit of a waste of dimpled glass. Taking Hits with a TM1 on 5 is really nice, from 7.5 on i must Couch with Long draws.

Oh, yeah, as I pointed out when it was shared originally, it was clear in the photo that there was no hole through that inner tube... And yeah if there was it would still not be anything like the prophet, that is a totally unique piece, W hook rig, if you want one you have to buy one! (He has plenty left at $165 now)

What are you planning to use it with? The TAG shower head is an all-around solid piece, if you like the color blue there is a cheaper version available from Genesis Glass though...

coolbreeze

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

BobLobLaw

What are you planning to use it with? The TAG shower head is an all-around solid piece, if you like the color blue there is a cheaper version available from Genesis Glass though...
Hi @Shit Snacks,

I will be using these glass pieces with the TM2. At level 4, the j-hook does great, level 5 is ok but start feeling it in the back of my throat, level 6 is a bit too much. I'm looking for a piece that I can run up to level 6.5 and not irritate my throat, even after extended use throughout the day/evening.

For glass pieces, the simplest design without sacrificing functionality is what I look for along with minimal company logos/graphics. I'm not a fan of the TAG logo but a lot of others have logos too except many on DHGate.

I like modular design. While not the simplest design, it does allow for changing out mouth pieces and such and may be easier to clean and store. By the way, I really like the flat tip mouth piece of the j-hook..

I also tend to look for better quality upfront rather than "upgrading" to a higher quality item later, even if functionally they are the same.

I am open to pieces with color though I may be too picky when it comes to that

BobLobLaw

cptofnthng

I have to say it works quite well. But the airflow is so wide, i prefer the BB9 as a stem.
Its a combination of a jhook (https://m.dhgate.com/product/intoxi...17541BE7833DFFD06036018B4B0B86D821B75E1928E02) and a 18mm glass stem that i correctly figured works with the TM. But the stems edge is crooked unfortunately. So i use a WPA instead.
also i had to pay 20 Euro VAT for the jhook and 10 Euro VAT for the 8 Euro stem. Combined with buying price its quite hefty for a Chinese glass piece.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Well that goofy hook came in and while during the wait buyers remorse had been creeping up in me, now that it's landed I'm actually very happy with it. It's well made, quality similar to that of the other iterations but the craftspersonship is way better on it than it is on my set of spiked hooks I already got from them.

Some shots:
49576216-2-F6-B-4031-999-D-221-B0-EC0-B6-CD.jpg

0-AC2-C751-1642-402-B-BA60-E103-BF5-D66-C0.jpg

It's a pretty huge unit because of the heft and thickness mostly. It's maybe only an inch taller than their other iteration of a hook that's often mentioned, but feels related to this big bro as well:

230-AEA84-230-D-48-E3-921-B-C1-BFBAD7-C45-E.jpg

(Look how stable!)

The mouthpiece is a bit more narrow, which is not an improvement per se but it also doesn't bother me for now.

I've used it with TM2 (yes it fits! My previous one only fits with TM1)

86361-F85-E6-C2-4-C2-E-AB44-D55-DE49-E1-E18.jpg

I can post a pic of the mouthpiece later or if anyone got questions let me know. It's a nice hook though and the removable mp and straight fab in stem is pretty awesome for a j hook to have :rockon:

Edit: did a short video showing some more details as well as side by side with their other 18mm right angle j hook: https://streamable.com/koec0o

I had the joint of this hook crack on the second day in a real lousy manner. Though it was totally user error, I decided to mention it to yingmin5 (dhgate) and see if I could buy a replacement without the mouthpiece, which is still in tact. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered to ship me a now one! I have had positive experiences with yingmin5 before but this is next level customer service, I couldn't be happier :)

(Bit foggy from cleaning lol)

By the way, just like the previous one, this unit has the same stellar craftspersonship, the two tubes evenly connected, the perc is well executed. I got some moodmats on my desk now so it should last longer :uhoh:

Alligator427

I had the joint of this hook crack on the second day in a real lousy manner. Though it was totally user error, I decided to mention it to yingmin5 (dhgate) and see if I could buy a replacement without the mouthpiece, which is still in tact. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered to ship me a now one! I have had positive experiences with yingmin5 before but this is next level customer service, I couldn't be happier :)

(Bit foggy from cleaning lol)

By the way, just like the previous one, this unit has the same stellar craftspersonship, the two tubes evenly connected, the perc is well executed. I got some moodmats on my desk now so it should last longer :uhoh:
Nice j hook. I woold like to order one, but I am a little bite afraid with the french custom ...
I don't understand that there is no shop in EU that sell it.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Shit Snacks

Does that right angle bend really offer more cooling than the regular design?

Yes, the right angles cause the vapor to do a face plant, much better cooling on the glass surface, and catches all of any potential herbal particles... Definitely superior cooling then your standard curved hook!

I don't see an "extra" bend in the glass, just the same bend but twisted left or right. Other benefits of the sidecar design? I hope I'm making sense.

Yeah, that extra right angle by the mouthpiece, is not always a full right angle, but it does help offer additional cooling for the vapor path, no particles ever make it there, but that additional cooling of the bend is more beneficial than any spikes etc. imo

And the biggest benefit to the sidecar design in particular, which I came up with specifically for the TM and then OGB started offering it standard on the website, is that it allows you to comfortably hold the TM (upside down) together in one hand with the hook attached via WPA :tup:

onesixty2

And the biggest benefit to the sidecar design in particular, which I came up with specifically for the TM and then OGB started offering it standard on the website, is that it allows you to comfortably hold the TM (upside down) together in one hand with the hook attached via WPA :tup:
This was a great discovery when my OGB arrived. Took me only a couple bowls before I realized it was totally chill to just one hand it. The spacing is just a perfect fit to make that possible.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks @Shit Snacks. I'm back and forth on this jhook versus a GVB bead stem.

I'm not sure what I want more, better cooling or a more compact design for ease of use. Maybe the GVB stem offers both?

I already have a 18mm wpa to pair with a few bubblers. I guess I really need a more mobile setup. Although the one hand approach probably helps the jhook in that area.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I was thinking of getting one from OGB as well but I'm beginning to get a bit bored by constantly having to pull out my unit. Thinking of a hooked mp in stead.

Edit: deleted some shot that's already been discussed but I'd missed

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Huh? You mean having the hook be a stem, one piece, instead of with a separate WPA?

(Imagine the joint on top of the tube be a mouthpiece)

If you place the wpa upright you create a piece of glass close to the cooling performance of the j-hooks, but you can place it on top of your wpa and sip from your TM upright. And for example some of the smaller torch vapes can be used with the piece held the other way around, f side of the joint facing upward.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks

(Imagine the joint on top of the tube be a mouthpiece)

If you place the wpa upright you create a piece of glass close to the cooling performance of the j-hooks, but you can place it on top of your wpa and sip from your TM upright. And for example some of the smaller torch vapes can be used with the piece held the other way around, f side of the joint facing upward.

Oh I forgot you had that one, but yeah I don't like the mouthpiece facing straight up, the idea was moving it away from the face because the LED would be in my eye line otherwise... Not sure I understand what you mean about sipping from the TM upright either lol perhaps off topic here though?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

If you use your j hook in regular position, you have to use your battery vape upside down. With the piece I'm thinking of, you don't have to turn it upside down. It's a nuisance I wouldn't mind evading, as I don't like keeping my tm upside down.

Yeah following the straight tube from the photo isn't obligatory, could always add a bend. That would negate the double sided function though.

I don't know what you mean about the leds? If the device isn't upside down, you wouldn't see them. Also the device would be farther away from your face than the j hooks I've seen posted. This puece you could just drop the female joint - after it is turned straight up - on your battery vape with wpa.

Thing quacks like a duck, seems pretty on topic to me? I mean it's shaped like a j lol

Top Bottom