• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just saw this on OGB's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CghZio8rRiI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Pretty tempted to get a small one.

Awesome, he mentioned these to me the other day, should make a lot of people happy

Screenshot-20220727-122408.png

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Anyone try the New style from yingmin on the gate? Calling it ogb seems wrong as it looks to be ripping off O’Connell’s inception style. The more traditional ogb-styled hooks are a killer value for the price. This looks a bit “busy” and I’m not sure about that mouthpiece shape, but a modular j hook is kind of interesting.

Edit: added a link!

coolbreeze

It looks like an OGB Inception Prophet. There's gotta be some sort of nod to RWW he can toss in there too...

coolbreeze,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone try the New style from yingmin on the gate? Calling it ogb seems wrong as it looks to be ripping off O’Connell’s inception style. The more traditional ogb-styled hooks are a killer value for the price. This looks a bit “busy” and I’m not sure about that mouthpiece shape, but a modular j hook is kind of interesting.

Edit: added a link!

Oh wow, it's not quite inception either as it seems like the inner piece is not a tube but a sealed hollow cylinder? Sort of trying for a dry straight fab, by using spikes... Plus that removable 18 mm female bent mouthpiece

Shit Snacks,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Oh wow, it's not quite inception either as it seems like the inner piece is not a tube but a sealed hollow cylinder? Sort of trying for a dry straight fab, by using spikes... Plus that removable 18 mm female bent mouthpiece
Oh yeah, it does kind of look solid now that you mention it. I guess that renders the inner spikes useless aside from aesthetics.

Let us know how it cools @Abele Rizieri Ferrari! It’s not so spendy, so I’m tempted to order a couple of the more conventional style as backups in case I drop mine and get one to try myself.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I guess that renders the inner spikes useless aside from aesthetics.
Yes, while it probably has slight impact on the way air and vapor move through the glass, I doubt it will be noticeable. I'd rather they put an effort to really nail the faberge style element in stead of seemingly gimmicky spikes but it is what it is.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Snake hook :rofl:

A36-D3-EFF-5507-42-E5-98-C3-87-E7-F5-FEF0-E2.png

Unconventional look, but with its angles and standing capacity it's a rather functional dry piece don't you think?

Imagine if the two parts that stand upright were real short and both had the female joint, would make it flatter and easier to store plus byomouthpiece is always nice.

Seantagon

Just got my 1 footer from :myday:@GoodVibesBoro
This is my first J-Hook ever. He hooked it up, super fast delivery, and he even gave me a free gift! Thanks GVB!!! :rockon:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just got my 1 footer from :myday:@GoodVibesBoro
This is my first J-Hook ever. He hooked it up, super fast delivery, and he even gave me a free gift! Thanks GVB!!! :rockon:

This one rules! I bet it is absolutely cool. Did you do a pinched mouthpiece on that?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Well that goofy hook came in and while during the wait buyers remorse had been creeping up in me, now that it's landed I'm actually very happy with it. It's well made, quality similar to that of the other iterations but the craftspersonship is way better on it than it is on my set of spiked hooks I already got from them.

Some shots:
49576216-2-F6-B-4031-999-D-221-B0-EC0-B6-CD.jpg

0-AC2-C751-1642-402-B-BA60-E103-BF5-D66-C0.jpg

It's a pretty huge unit because of the heft and thickness mostly. It's maybe only an inch taller than their other iteration of a hook that's often mentioned, but feels related to this big bro as well:

230-AEA84-230-D-48-E3-921-B-C1-BFBAD7-C45-E.jpg

(Look how stable!)

The mouthpiece is a bit more narrow, which is not an improvement per se but it also doesn't bother me for now.

I've used it with TM2 (yes it fits! My previous one only fits with TM1)

86361-F85-E6-C2-4-C2-E-AB44-D55-DE49-E1-E18.jpg

I can post a pic of the mouthpiece later or if anyone got questions let me know. It's a nice hook though and the removable mp and straight fab in stem is pretty awesome for a j hook to have :rockon:

Edit: did a short video showing some more details as well as side by side with their other 18mm right angle j hook: https://streamable.com/koec0o

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I have bought the same Thing and im a bit disappointed that the Air doesnt travel through the middle glass part, but around it. Otherwise it would have been a bit Like the prophet from idb. A bit of a waste of dimpled glass. Taking Hits with a TM1 on 5 is really nice, from 7.5 on i must Couch with Long draws.

cptofnthng,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom