• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

Texus

J-hook from Ed arrived and hits great. Unlike what I was told by Ed, it does NOT stand on its own. But with them lil horizontal tube and mostly flat bottom, a base should be easy to make. Maybe a padded/wrapped u-bolt going into a round wooden disc (or other shape, why not?).

That would get into the very very small list of standing J-hooks. Along with Herborizer Sherlock.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Just got this France-made J-hook from @Ed's TnT . Pinched mouthpiece and Spiked stem. Plus according to Ed can stand upright (though certainly major tip risk if kept that way, as Ed noted).

Inception can be my 14mm J-hook and this'll be the 18mm

Yep, well spotted.
Nicolas is selling them in France but his web site is still being developed.
If you can navigate through the default template you can find it here:

This is my favourite. Very effective at cooling.
No way would I let it stand independently.
Looks great that one. Does any of you happen to have a MiniVap and can check if it fit? I'm thinking of purchasing one and think I would like to pair it with this j-hook.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Looks great that one. Does any of you happen to have a MiniVap and can check if it fit? I'm thinking of purchasing one and think I would like to pair it with this j-hook.
I can tell you that the MiniVAP wpa is 14 mm but you will be disappointed with the new version they released, its not like the old style that secured to the lid, the new one dangles from the end of the Flexi cone +. the wpa has made me rethink picking one up. there is supposed to be another wpa that works with that new glass starter kit , that should be better but I'm waiting for reviews before buying

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I can tell you that the MiniVAP wpa is 14 mm but you will be disappointed with the new version they released, its not like the old style that secured to the lid, the new one dangles from the end of the Flexi cone +. the wpa has made me rethink picking one up. there is supposed to be another wpa that works with that new glass starter kit , that should be better but I'm waiting for reviews before buying

Yeah isn't that Teflon WPA the newest one? That looked really nice

Shit Snacks,

Bad Dog

Yeah isn't that Teflon WPA the newest one? That looked really nice
I wasn't aware it was teflon, I don't remember reading that but there isn't much info posted here on FC that I remember, not that that means anything. I also wish the mp of the glass starter kit was longer or bent but I guess it works better that way with the wpa, might be nice having both options though. are you still planing on a 420 purchase? you were thinking about it before. other than that calibear fab I bought for myself that all I'm doing this year, other bill to pay so vape hoping is taking a back seat.

Bad Dog,

Shit Snacks

I wasn't aware it was teflon, I don't remember reading that but there isn't much info posted here on FC that I remember, not that that means anything. I also wish the mp of the glass starter kit was longer or bent but I guess it works better that way with the wpa, might be nice having both options though. are you still planing on a 420 purchase? you were thinking about it before. other than that calibear fab I bought for myself that all I'm doing this year, other bill to pay so vape hoping is taking a back seat.

We're getting off topic in here, but yeah in the MV thread there were photos with the WPA, I think it was Teflon, it was not glass, and it connected right to the lid without any hose in between, so that is the WPA I would be using with mine, if I get one someday... No plans to purchase anything for 420!

Back on topic, check out this new hook from good vibes boro:
Screenshot-20220418-120859.png

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The j-hook comes in 14 as well, so that's okay. What worries me tho is the circumference of MV being too wide. Thanks for the heads up on the wpa, will look into that possible Teflon one.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

its a nice hook the one you are looking at but for me for the MiniVAP I would want another shape, not the right angle style but something straighter that I put upside down on top of the MiniVAP and stay there while I hold the MiniVAP in one hand and puff away. @bossman has a straight one that would work very nice from OGB.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

its a nice hook the one you are looking at but for me for the MiniVAP I would want another shape, not the right angle style but something straighter that I put upside down on top of the MiniVAP and stay there while I hold the MiniVAP in one hand and puff away. @bossman has a straight one that would work very nice from OGB.
You're referring to the one on the left here
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/next-purchase-minivap-or-tafée®-bowle.50923/post-1548135 right? OGB is costly for me as I'm in EU but that piece sure looks nice, not having to put the MV upside down would be way easier to handle indeed.

I also like this design of them, might even fit better for this purpose with the wider angle: https://oregonglassblower.com/14MM-...E-DIAMETER-16MM-FEMALE-FLAT-END-14MPFFLAT.htm. It lacks the dimples tho, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of those anyway. In my experience they seem to negatively affect the integrity of the glass making it more prone to breaking, but could be quality issue (it was a RBT cooling stem).

Bad Dog

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/next-purchase-minivap-or-tafée®-bowle.50923/post-1548135 right? OGB is costly for me as I'm in EU but that piece sure looks nice, not having to put the MV upside down would be way easier to handle indeed.

I also like this design of them, might even fit better for this purpose with the wider angle: https://oregonglassblower.com/14MM-...E-DIAMETER-16MM-FEMALE-FLAT-END-14MPFFLAT.htm. It lacks the dimples tho, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of those anyway. In my experience they seem to negatively affect the integrity of the glass making it more prone to breaking, but could be quality issue (it was a RBT cooling stem).
that OGB mouthpiece looks like a lovely option of the MV! before buying anything I would first inquire the diameter of the nylon wpa, to me it looks 18mm but I could very easily be wrong, and if you look on the MV website they list a glass 14f to 18m adapter so maybe the new wpa is 18 in a effort to have stop caring that adapter, all speculation on my part.

and yess that was bossmans hook I was talking about, and as for spikes I believe you can ask them to have them at a additional cost though. I feel your shipping pain I'm in Canada their neighbour and they have no mercy on what they charge us :(.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Spikes is only a concern with thin China glass, OGB uses really thick glass and is very nice work, not really a concern with him. He can customize anything you want, just ask him when you order in the notes... I think right angle bends to the most for cooling in my experience, you could still sit a right angle hook upside down, hold it together in one piece, you just want to make sure it has enough clearance for the diameter of the MV

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Shit Snacks

But what about the mouthpiece though, or rathe the part after the last angle, ending in the mouthpiece. Wouldn't that be awkward? (I'm trying to imagine this with the versions of right angle j-hooks posted these last couple pages here, e.g. https://edstnt.com/products/jhook-glass-vapor-cooling-tool?variant=42668874072289)

Yeah that one angles down a bit, depends how tall the MV is with it, and how you are holding it, mine doesn't bend that much it is more of a straight across bend from OGB so it is less of an issue but you can always customize your order accordingly?

Bad Dog

I would feel a little funny having to be inhaling from the middle of the minivap or maybe toward the bottom if it is really long with a right angle hook on top and have the top half of the vape right in my eye line blocking it, or at least that is how I imagine it would work can't say for sure :shrug:

Summer

Long Island, NY

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
God love the way the Chinese pack their glass.
china-pack.jpg

These J-Hooks are very nice. The joint is plenty far from the stem to stay out of the way.
J-Hook.jpg

And they cool very well also. Definitely worth the price paid.
I received my 3-pack of hooks Saturday in the same bubble capsule, well protected and took me awhile to get to the hooks inside. No breakage, but some obvious imperfections in the way two of the flat mouthpieces drift to the left a little. Just a visual flaw, will not affect performance. Paid $33.14 total shipped for 3 hooks, so definitely worth the cost, seem more durable than expected at that price point. There is room for all my portables with these hooks, but not enough clearance between the joint and stem for my various logs like I get with my recently purchased Ed’s j-hook. The Ed’s hook was way more expensive, but way better quality, so will stay at home exclusively for log use. I consider these DHGate hooks almost disposable at that price point and feel comfortable throwing one in something protective in my backpack for a getaway if need be.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I consider these DHGate hooks almost disposable at that price point and feel comfortable throwing one in something protective in my backpack for a getaway if need be.
That is exactly how I feel about them. Cheap enough that I'm not afraid to take them out and finally make my TM a little portable as previously I was using it almost exclusively with water. Only had the combo out and about 2 or 3 times so far but it is now a viable option for me. :D

checkyourlibido

I received my 3-pack of hooks Saturday in the same bubble capsule, well protected and took me awhile to get to the hooks inside. No breakage, but some obvious imperfections in the way two of the flat mouthpieces drift to the left a little. Just a visual flaw, will not affect performance. Paid $33.14 total shipped for 3 hooks, so definitely worth the cost, seem more durable than expected at that price point. There is room for all my portables with these hooks, but not enough clearance between the joint and stem for my various logs like I get with my recently purchased Ed’s j-hook. The Ed’s hook was way more expensive, but way better quality, so will stay at home exclusively for log use. I consider these DHGate hooks almost disposable at that price point and feel comfortable throwing one in something protective in my backpack for a getaway if need be.
Nice! Do you have a link?

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Bad Dog

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Currently on sale :
----------------------------------------
17 cm tall :D and a dick mp.
20_18_123-28_600x600.jpg

Top Bottom