The J-hook thread!

BestBuds

The Dude
ok cool idea! something like this probably
I've seen some made of bean bags that looked quite universal and another made of a wide leather strap with the ends stitched side by side so it looks like a drop rather than a circle. Those might work well too. You would just need the strap wide enough so the bottom of the jhook doesn't bottom out in the table.
Custom Leather J Hook stands...sounds like a nice little accessories business.....

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've dusted off one of these i obtained years ago. It is green spiral filled with pink dish soap , you can refrigerate for extra cooling effect :).

pfeife-glas-spirale.jpg

https://www.drehmoment-headshop.de/pfeife-glas-spirale :)
_sammelworkflow_1handpfeife-pur-pfeifeblack-leaf-handpfeife-pur-pfeife-180-mm-ns-14-145-mm-borosilikatglas-gruen-kuehler-pfeife-spiral-pfeife-glaspfeife636998302971188108~2.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

need to find smth like this in dhgate! damn this site won't ship to my country
just google spiral glass pipe / pfeife glas spiral. I think it is from Blackleaf.de originally . Those guys just have a good price,thats why i posted.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Abysmal Vapor maybe I am confused, but I don't see any pink dish soap or understand its purpose... But this does look like one of those glycerin filled spirals like from elev8 glass that I always wanted to try... Glycerin is in soap, isn't it? Maybe I'm just confused because your photo did not include that lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor maybe I am confused, but I don't see any pink dish soap or understand its purpose... But this does look like one of those glycerin filled spirals like from elev8 glass that I always wanted to try... Glycerin is in soap, isn't it? Maybe I'm just confused because your photo did not include that lol
Yes,this a photo from internet. You can fill it with whatever you like,there is a plug , i found that dish soap freezes at lower temps then glycerine which freezes at -10 and can cause breakage if your freezer is too strong.

Shit Snacks

Cannot edit my last post, but just wanted to pop in to say that @RogueGuy seems to have some basic 18 and 14 mm j hooks available now on his Etsy store!

I can highly recommend the rogue wax works store and the tools are phenomenal!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Ordered 3 different j hooks from dhgate today! Hopefully at least one of them looks like it's picture? LoL . Did do a little messing around first with my ditanium whipless Glass adapter which is basically a 14mm j hook so I tried my tinymight wpa and it worked! But the connection isn't very good and I don't like the multi wpa anyway, so I ordered some 18mm last night. Hopefully they don't take to long to get here but I'm not holding my breath either. Looking forward to trying them out, will report back later 👍

GoldenBud

Ordered 3 different j hooks from dhgate today! Hopefully at least one of them looks like it's picture? LoL . Did do a little messing around first with my ditanium whipless Glass adapter which is basically a 14mm j hook so I tried my tinymight wpa and it worked! But the connection isn't very good and I don't like the multi wpa anyway, so I ordered some 18mm last night. Hopefully they don't take to long to get here but I'm not holding my breath either. Looking forward to trying them out, will report back later 👍
if you brought these, you will enjoy it very much......

Shit Snacks

It is worth grabbing a 18 female to 14 male adapter btw I got one so I can use my TM with RBT stems in any of my glass pieces.

Summer

Long Island, NY
It is worth grabbing a 18 female to 14 male adapter btw I got one so I can use my TM with RBT stems in any of my glass pieces.

Since the TM works with an inside down short RBT stem, how about getting an 18mm female to 18mm female so you insert this upside down end into the one female side & the rbt xl8r male into the other female top side.

This is the one I ordered today:

While I don't have the TM (time will tell ... :shrug:), I just ordered this to see if I can couple it to the 18mm Enano WPA to attach to the xl8r. Since the enano wpa is rather funkily designed don't know if it will work, but not impressed by epic's cooling stem. If I recall from past reading months ago, I think this wpa measures 3", but it's all 5 stars everywhere due to the glass thickness. And for this company's 3 BBB complaint replies, I feel comfortable ordering from them. The only thing I don't like is the age verification bs. They're in MO. It couldn't verify my age by my incorrectly entered birthday nor my then correctly entered birthdate, then the last 4 digits of my social. It then said it was verifying me through my addy & it worked. My suggestion is to enter your incorrect birthdate & social & see if it verifies by addy 1st before resorting to correct personal info. Other option was sending a photo of driver's license. Fuck that! The Gov't doesn't need it for our most precious right - VOTING - but to buy vape products! :rant: I get that businesses are covering their asses. OK, rant over.

Anyway, Tag's designated super-thick adaptors are really nice but they're sold out. If either works out for me I'll order backups of these when back in stock just to compare.

And since it's free ship over $10 @ Smokea, consider ordering one of these below as most of us do have all the male to female gong sizes, but are missing the female to females.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Since the TM works with an inside down short RBT stem, how about getting an 18mm female to 18mm female so you insert this upside down end into the one female side & the rbt xl8r male into the other female top side.

This is the one I ordered today:

While I don't have the TM (time will tell ... :shrug:), I just ordered this to see if I can couple it to the 18mm Enano WPA to attach to the xl8r. Since the enano wpa is rather funkily designed don't know if it will work, but not impressed by epic's cooling stem. If I recall from past reading months ago, I think this wpa measures 3", but it's all 5 stars everywhere due to the glass thickness. And for this company's 3 BBB complaint replies, I feel comfortable ordering from them. The only thing I don't like is the age verification bs. They're in MO. It couldn't verify my age by my incorrectly entered birthday nor my then correctly entered birthdate, then the last 4 digits of my social. It then said it was verifying me through my addy & it worked. My suggestion is to enter your incorrect birthdate & social & see if it verifies by addy 1st before resorting to correct personal info. Other option was sending a photo of driver's license. Fuck that! The Gov't doesn't need it for our most precious right - VOTING - but to buy vape products! :rant: I get that businesses are covering their asses. OK, rant over.

Anyway, Tag's designated super-thick adaptors are really nice but they're sold out. If either works out for me I'll order backups of these when back in stock just to compare.

And since it's free ship over $10 @ Smokea, consider ordering one of these below as most of us do have all the male to female gong sizes, but are missing the female to females.

That is an idea! I have way more female pieces than male pieces though, xl8r do not really get used by me, I have much better cooling options honestly... Also straight stems just make everything too tall for me, I mean this is the jayhook thread after all!

Little tip regarding the stupid identity verification, if you do take a photo of your license, you can cut little pieces of paper to cover all of the digits (# and exp dates etc) leaving only your name (I think the second time I may have even covered my face without issue)... I agree it is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen though!

QF1994

I swore I'd stop buying vape stuff...but I found a J-hook on ebay for $10 that's being shipped locally to me...so I had to snag it. Excited to try it with my HydraVong. Now I swear I'm done, until the next shiny object catches my eye...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It's ok-I've paid my penance by already buying the j-hook, plus a new lighter for my vapcap. And I'm plotting my next vape purchase based on the size of my tax refund...

Well, alright. But you still must pay your penance.

Say 12 Hail Flowerpot's, 8 our Dynavap's, and donate something to a poor vaporist in need.
Then you shall be forgiven for your sins, my child.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Got a little impatient waiting for my DHgate so I ordered something more local and was a little disappointed with it 9AEE229B-0602-4744-B7C6-ADE6EB002868.jpeg
Grabbed a standing j hook from vape north and while it does stand it’s incredibly precariously balanced so not something I’m going to do. I also don’t like how it feels in the hand , to small. Functionality it’s fine and works but find myself reaching for this instead
9D63A69C-7369-41C4-81AA-C7898960623E.jpeg
A ditanium whipless glass hand piece and 18 to 14 adapter

Top Bottom