The J-hook thread!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I love using my Lotus with a J-hook. Does anyone know of Sherlock style dry pipe or Sherlock bubbler pipe with a 14mm or 18mm joint? I know they are made for combusters but it would be so awesome to pop a Lotus or Dynavap into a colorful Sherlock style pipe. Like this pic but with a 14 or 18mm joint. Grandalf length would be awesome. Saxophone shaped Sherlocks seem like they would be awesome for working a Lotus because you could look down for flame control. I just love the looks of Sherlock pipes.

media-2a37556a-9136-4df7-ae7c-2d27eb5f2bb9-1024x1024.png

I would really like this to use with all my glass stem based convection vapes, but for now I got a mini j hook from Lamart with my Tetra and it is pretty awesome. Glasses kind of thin, but it still works fine and the mouthpiece is nice for me. They also come in a lot of colors, mine is amber and matches my redviolet poplar TetraP80 and custom padauk Dual. I really am using it a lot with those and my TinyMight, but also RBT gear and Heat Islands. Such a great versatile piece and so cheap you could actually get several as backups probably? I'd like to get a nice one like this someday, maybe shop around local... LA should have good stuff somewhere, right?

Wait this one seems pretty nice actually, I think I like this kind of narrow mouthpiece and it's got a good bend... Not a bad price either https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/sherlock-or-j-hook-mouthpiece/

Last edited:

Valo500

I would really like this to use with all my glass stem based convection vapes, but for now I got a mini j hook from Lamart with my Tetra and it is pretty awesome. Glasses kind of thin, but it still works fine and the mouthpiece is nice for me. They also come in a lot of colors, mine is amber and matches my redviolet poplar TetraP80 and custom padauk Dual. I really am using it a lot with those and my TinyMight, but also RBT gear and Heat Islands. Such a great versatile piece and so cheap you could actually get several as backups probably? I'd like to get a nice one like this someday, maybe shop around local... LA should have good stuff somewhere, right?
This would be perfect for the Lotus! With the saucer cap and the poker, the Lotus can be a pain with some glass.

Shit Snacks

Oh I forgot to share these here! Customized order from Oregon Glass Blower:

Screenshot-20200708-102430-2.png

Screenshot-20200708-102420-2.png

Having having the three right angles in the jayhook really help cool vapor, maybe even better than the spikes! Both are great for watching the vapor fill too

@bossman where you at? I think I will be ordering your custom OGB jayhook too at some point...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Shit Snacks, heck yeah. It was your coaxing that got me to stop waiting on my Tinymight order and your tip about OGB that led me to order these two custom cooling stems. I've mostly been using them with my Zs of late so the Sherlock is getting more use than the corncob. I even flipped the display on my VT75C.

Pairing the j-hook with the Z is a bit less ergonomic since the WPA is only held in by the ground glass joint. I still like the pipe and lighter ritual though so I'm glad I didn't go for a sippy straw design. And I'm definitely still using both stems with the Tinymight for better flavor, more cooling, and less frequent cleaning than the TM's cooling unit stem.

IMG_20200807_110302.jpg

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Was looking for a Sherlock for quite some time now to enjoy my good herb in there instead of joints (in company, for me alone I still FC :) )
Came across @koji_glass IG quite some time ago, and last month I pulled the trigger...finished just Sunday and now OTW to me, can't wait :)

Last edited:

tb42091

(I didn't get a J-hook but I figured this was the most relevant place to post this considering the shop also makes j-hooks that have been posted in here.)

I just got a drop down and carb adapter from Oregon Glass Blower, and the pieces are super high quality...heavy, thick glass, perfectly straight and round joints with clean welds.

Through the process I found out that the pieces aren't pre-made and sitting of a shelf waiting for orders, OGB makes the pieces after you order. I mention this to say that custom stuff isn't much of an inconvenience because either way he'll be making it fresh.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Anyone know a good source for heady j-hooks, instead of scientific?
Scientific is pretty much the only j-hook style I ever see for sale.

tb42091

Again, I know it isn't a j-hook but this seems the most relevant spot to post. I ordered a custom drop down from an up and coming glass blower @quasiglass on instagram. Cost 85 shipped, took about 2 weeks and I had him make it with amber purple and secret white. It isn't perfect, there are some bubbles here and there in the secret white but the glass is thick and welds are clean. I am very pleased. It will match my @fluid.glass piece whenever my name comes up on his custom list. I would be willing to bet he would do custom j-hooks and stuff too.

Last edited:

tb42091

I shopped around and clear drop downs are 40+ shipping from multiple different US blowers. Most colored are 75-100+ from @rickbirdbarry on IG, he is pretty much the standard for drop downs and his custom wait list is months long, which I wasn't super interested in.

But I actually got to wondering and on the Trautman website the description of the secret white color states that there are always bubbles in the color. So there are actually no problems with it after all, I'm just an idiot :lol:
US$85 for a dropdown...it should be perfect.:2c:
Apart from that, it looks great!

Shit Snacks

Again, I know it isn't a j-hook but this seems the most relevant spot to post. I ordered a custom drop down from an up and coming glass blower @quasiglass on instagram. Cost 85 shipped, took about 2 weeks and I had him make it with amber purple and secret white. It isn't perfect, there are some bubbles here and there in the secret white but the glass is thick and welds are clean. I am very pleased. It will match my @fluid.glass piece whenever my name comes up on his custom list. I would be willing to bet he would do custom j-hooks and stuff too.

I think it looks well worth the money! :nod:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use like $100 bongs
That sounds extravagant, most of mine were under $50!
I class all glass as a consumable until I learn how to stop breaking it. :haw:
I really would like a real Mobius Matrix...one day.
I hear that Oreganglassblower does really good custom work for reasonable prices but on the main most US blowers are out of my price range plus China is closer to me so less cost and time for postage but it sure is a gamble with quality.
1604543075899.png

LesPlenty,
Reactions: ataxian

tb42091

Sure, this is what I'm using it on for now, it is a Designer Sci, I got it through Instagram from a smoke shop for 160 + shipping, unfortunately they aren't readily available, you have to wait for a drop and hope you get the one you want. But I have another piece on order that has a long wait list and the blower wouldn't do a drop down so I found someone else who would :lol:
nice, care to share pics of your rig with it? I use like $100 bongs with like $10 drop downs

GoldenBud

Top Bottom