The HighLighter (Glass-Core Open-Source Halogen Log) Kit Hosted by REFC Labs

RichardsBag

Thank you for the tips and link! I am using some cut up silicone straw pieces to help the wired side of the HLT to keep the shield secure.
The issue is glass sticking over time and pulling the oranges out until it’s loose enough to bounce around inside the shield.

The strips have helped but I was thinking of trying to put in a SS top (like a regular log, not sure what that piece is called) or a similar piece fit to the bottom of the HLT ti secure the tube.

The goal would be to have the glass tube completely snug without becoming loose from pulling it of the glass joint.

I have the parts to make a second version and am leaning towards trying to use a male 18mm (or 14mm if I can find one that will fit the bulb socket) adapter for an injector.

Has anyone attempted to make a diffuser head style HLT yet? Seems interesting.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
securing the HLT into the Ed 's TNT heatshield?
The goal would be to have the glass tube completely snug without becoming loose from pulling it of the glass joint.
For my Ed's heat shield, I wrapped the glass blank in Tesa heat tape and then friction fit it in the shield. It works much better than the o-rings for me. I think the blanks vary a lot in outer dimension.

4-Aces King-High

The HighLiter works Great 5VDC-5.2VDC in my experience. I ordered a Second.

Last edited:
4-Aces King-High,

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Thank you for the tips and link! I am using some cut up silicone straw pieces to help the wired side of the HLT to keep the shield secure.
The issue is glass sticking over time and pulling the oranges out until it’s loose enough to bounce around inside the shield.

The strips have helped but I was thinking of trying to put in a SS top (like a regular log, not sure what that piece is called) or a similar piece fit to the bottom of the HLT ti secure the tube.

I have the parts to make a second version and am leaning towards trying to use a male 18mm (or 14mm if I can find one that will fit the bulb socket) adapter for an injector.

Has anyone attempted to make a diffuser head style HLT yet? Seems interesting.
I have made an 18mm halogen wand that holds a 20watt halogen bulb. And it works perfectly. Just like the HLT.

4-Aces King-High

I have made an 18mm halogen wand that holds a 20watt halogen bulb. And it works perfectly. Just like the HLT.
Nice. I am now running the Highlighter at 5.0VDC and less, this is An Extraction Monster And cost way Less than my other Vapes. Great product and versatile, mine is mounted in a broken EQ housing.my second one - who knows , I may cut my Wood Dough Roller and mount It inside of the hole.

RichardsBag

That is fantastic! Mind if i ask where you found that glass? I looked all over for a piece like that and couldnt find it but didnt know what the offical designation was. How complicated to build? I have an idea for a tweak on the HLT and want to see if its feasible.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
That is fantastic! Mind if i ask where you found that glass? I looked all over for a piece like that and couldnt find it but didnt know what the offical designation was. How complicated to build? I have an idea for a tweak on the HLT and want to see if its feasible.
You will need a 20 watt halogen bulb instead of a 50 watt bulb that the HLT uses.

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
After some more tinkering with the joint fit and the herb chamber...
I'm down to 5.43V with about a half hour of heat soak. Power supply barely gets warm where it was downright hot before.

edit, Just realized I can grab the shield at the top comfortably. Before I had to grab it from the lower half.

IMG-2529.jpg

IMG-2530.jpg

IMG-2531.jpg
Where are these little glass tubes from that you fit into the 18mm male side?

davendk93,

oldfool

AssistedLiving

I found a glass guy on ebay, located in CA, cut some 4 inch 16mm OD, nice smooth ends, $15 for 6, shipped

AssistedLiving,

badbee

If you are after the glass tubing with ground glass joint you can pick those up at glass blower supply stores, eg LampWorkSupply, for a couple of dollars. This is how most glass blowers get the joints they attach to things since they are a nuisance to make by hand.

oldfool

At the moment they out of stock.https://magic-flight.com/products/glass-draw-stem
That's not what he's asking about.

12mm x 1mm wall glass tube cut with a Dremel and a wet diamond cutting disc.

Not all joints are 12mm. Also thinnest wall tube or it reduces the air making it harder to hit.

https://hotglasscolor.com/product-category/lampworking/boro/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9L8MN...industrial&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw

oldfool,

RichardsBag

At the moment they out of stock.https://magic-flight.com/products/glass-draw-stem
Thank you for the link. Ill keep my eye out. edit: NVM I see thats not what I was after but I appreciate the help all the same.

I am loking for opaque (ideally black), non toxic ground glass joints with tubing wide enough to accomodate a ceramic bulb socket with some roomfor an o-ring. I would like to make a smaller, 'double sided'/reversible injector and OG style Female 19mm if possible. If that's too complicated, I was just going to make a shorter version.
I feel the data gained from the added reflective foil indicates alot of room for messing around with different chamber style to optimize extraction. I have some vague ideas (14mm, diffuser style, etc.) but mostly dont want the large form factor of the device in the Ed's shell. Its a bit too clunky for my clumsy self.

Last edited:
RichardsBag,
Top Bottom