The HI

That is indeed a turbo tube. The metal stems are a little more 'through' (precision on a little bit rather than accuracy on a lot), but don't taste as good IMO. The Silcon brand tubes are good for sharing with friends, and the the metals bowls are better for maintaining medication throughout the day. Turbo tubes are my daily driver on my Toasty Top, can't wait to see them working here on the HU:

However, If reclaim is what your're after then the metal bowls are the way to go, I always end up scraping that oil off the silicone as time goes along.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
steiner666 said:
I like that video, it looks even easier to use with bongs than most logs, which are still pretty damned easy. Which stem type is that with? The turbo tube one you mentioned? Do your toasty tubes fit a (what im guessing is) 14mm joint the same way, by going inside of it and staying there between hits?

Are there any other noticeable difference in usage between the two stem types? I know size of load changes things but i mean like, if the same amount is used in each. Hit density, thoroughness/evenness of extraction, etc

The poly mouthpiece Toasty Tubes require a ring of silicone for them to fit into a 14mm joint. It works very well.
The biggest difference is the screen size.
The new Toasty Tube uses a 5/16" screen with an opening at the screen of 1/4". Slow "marshmallow" roasting gives the best flavor.
The Turbo Tube uses a 3/8" screen with an opening at the screen of 5/16". There is definitely better airflow with the larger opening and it seems to roast a little more evenly. I was skeptical of the silicone at first, but find I really like it now.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Turbo Tubes biojuggernaut. I'm sure you will enjoy the new unbreakable poly Turbo Tube.

Alan,

runner

Basshead
23bdd383.jpg

This and the HI would go perfect together
I just ordered a PD too :ninja:

runner,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
What kind of bubbler is that runner? Been looking at investing in a nice piece of glass.

Modnote: This type of discussion is better suited to a private message or the glass forum. This thread is likely to be a popular one so let's keep it on topic please. Thank you.

Gonzo,

placetime

Gonzo said:
What kind of bubbler is that runner?
+1 :)
:peace:

Modnote: This type of discussion is better suited to a private message or the glass forum. This thread is likely to be a popular one so let's keep it on topic please. Thank you.

placetime,

SirTokesAlot

The Dank Knight
I love how small it is. How efficient would you say it is compared to the MFLB? The milk video made it seem like a super heavy hitter, how does it compare to a LSV or SSV when it comes to milking? Very nice work TV!

SirTokesAlot,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
SirTokesAlot said:
I love how small it is. How efficient would you say it is compared to the MFLB? The milk video made it seem like a super heavy hitter, how does it compare to a LSV or SSV when it comes to milking? Very nice work TV!

Thanks SirTokesAlot. I'm still a bit surprised at how small they can be made.
I have yet to try a MFLB. Maybe someday.
I have a heavy hitter unit with an 18mm male glass end that provides approximately 32 watts of heat. It makes vapor that is not quite as dark as the HI which is only around 8 watts. The difference is the size of the roasting chamber (bowl) and how much air gets pulled through.
As far as efficiency, that seems to be somewhat subjective. I can use a very tiny amount and roast it until there are no more oils left to vaporize. The roast can be very slow or more rapid. Longer term medication maintenance, or fast delivery.

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Haven't been around here for a while but it seems like I chose a good time time to drop by. This looks like a huge leap forward in log vape design. I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.

In the photo looking down on the HI, the heat port seems to be surrounded by mesh, which is great for air flow, but how robust is it? If something pushes against it, will it get damaged in any way? Could sharp items damage it? What if the unit is dropped on its head while there is a stem in it?

I like the idea of the power plug in the base, but it seems that only a very specific right angle plug will work with this unit. For example, I already own a power supply with a right angle plug that I use with my PD, but I can't be sure it will fit the HI. Also, most power supplies have a straight plug, in fact my power supply is the only one I've seen with a right angle plug (it's quite old and I wouldn't even know where to get a replacement). Does this mean we can only get power supplies from you? That would be unfortunate given that this is the component most likely to fail. Is the power supply that you provide variable? Is the HI tolerant of higher voltages?

Don't want to sound negative, it's just that I really like the look of this vape and hope that my fears are unfounded. Could you also give us some detailed photos of the top and bottom (with and without plug)?

Congratulations on a truly innovative design. ;)

hazy,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
hazy said:
In the photo looking down on the HI, the heat port seems to be surrounded by mesh, which is great for air flow, but how robust is it? If something pushes against it, will it get damaged in any way? Could sharp items damage it? What if the unit is dropped on its head while there is a stem in it?

Does this mean we can only get power supplies from you? That would be unfortunate given that this is the component most likely to fail. Is the power supply that you provide variable? Is the HI tolerant of higher voltages?

Don't want to sound negative, it's just that I really like the look of this vape and hope that my fears are unfounded. Could you also give us some detailed photos of the top and bottom (with and without plug)

The mesh around the center tube is a 3/4" stainless steel pipe screen with a 3/8" hole punched in the center. The gap between the center tube and the outer sleeve is less than 3/16". I have poked it with a bamboo skewer and it is very solid. Haven't tried dropping it yet, but it should survive well. It can easily be replaced if it does become damaged.

The issue of power supplies has always been a bit unsettled. There are so many to choose from. My design does require the use of a right angled plug since the power socket is on the bottom of the unit so that does limit the number available. They do seem to give the most problem from a historical prospective. I have been fairly lucky so far. There has only been one failure so far on my power supplies. I have found other adapters with a right angle plug and am purchasing some to see how universal I can make the HI. It can always be used with a straight plug, but will have to lay on it's side.

Will try to get some more photos today.

Alan,

tuscan tins

TV said:
Will try to get some more photos today.

Awesome :).

Another question, hazy brought my attention to the photo of the inside of the HI, how fine is the screen in it? It doesn't look like 304 mesh, would anything be able to get through it? Say, keif? Or can we only use fresh flowers in log vapes? I've never owned one before :D.

tuscan tins,

mistergyro

is there a recommended car power adapter?

[removed]

Modnote: Ignoring the red text you referenced and selling/soliciting are both against the rules. Please read them very carefully if you choose to post again.

mistergyro,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
mistergyro said:

[removed]
Well dude do that in the classifields section after reading the rules.! I would love to see photos :brow:

Abysmal Vapor,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
mistergyro said:

Ordered some 90 degree car power adapters to see how they fit.

Speaking of adapters. Just found they make a 90 degree adapters for the power plug. Going to order some and see how they fit. It may be possible to use a straight plug with the HI.

staticsunn said:
Another question, hazy brought my attention to the photo of the inside of the HI, how fine is the screen in it? It doesn't look like 304 mesh, would anything be able to get through it? Say, keif? Or can we only use fresh flowers in log vapes?

The screen is just standard pipe screen. It is meant to keep stray pieces from falling into the center tube. The material is loaded into the roasting tube (stem) and does not fall out very easily. The Turbo Tube has a finer mesh screen which should work well with finer grinds. It keeps the tubing and your lungs a little cleaner.

Alan,
Got in my HI a couple of hours ago. Fast as shit shipping Alan, as always! The HI is a one sickly beast; if you are trying to cut back it ain't happening. First learning curve is the depth, oil hits the HI will be the whole way in the bowl but goddamn they rock. I wanna fit a a little ceramic pad in these Silicon tubes.

^click me^

Awful video but you get the idea.

biojuggernaut,
Nice to see another video biojuggernaut!

I was wondering if the HI can be opened for cleaning like the toasty top? Also how do the two compare? Can you use aroma therapy dishes like with the toasty top? Great looking products TV. I plan on purchasing one soon

Garrett518,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Glad it arrived safely and thanks for the video biojuggernaut. It is a wicked little beast. Great for concentrates. Oil soaked cotton works really well in the Toasty Tubes.

Thanks Garrett518. The HI can be opened up for cleaning like the Toasty Top. It has the same thread-in type heating element. It is different in that the power socket is recessed which doesn't give access for using pliers. I just came up with a solution tonight. The small poly storage tubes that I used for my thin glass tubes are almost the right size to fit onto the power socket. All I have to do is heat them up with my heat gun and push the tube onto a power socket. When it cools, it has the perfect form of the power socket spline. Just push the end of the poly tube over the power socket and twist. I had way too many of them and probably would have never used them for anything else. Now I have the perfect removal tool.

The Toasty Top will run in the 390 to 410F range and has more heat retention which makes it a great hand warmer in addition to a vaporizer.
The HI will run around 450F and has less restriction to airflow than the TT. The aroma cup for the HI is smaller than the cup for the TT.

Alan,

placetime

nice video biojuggernaut! thanks for the review!

and thanks for your video too alan. the HI looks like it rocks!

placetime,
Yeah it can be, but it looks like you might need to use a ratchet. To be honest, I like my Top at 13v with toasty tubes, since the heating is so passive. None of my friends can hold it on the tubing however, which I hope will all change with the HI. The HI has a new copper aroma cup. Very similar to the last one, yet this one is taller and a little smaller diameter.

SS bowls are completely toasted, where the back of the bowl is brown. So there are double taps! :brow:
The toasty tubes are all about placement of screen and amount of biomaterial. Play around with this one.

Thanks Alan.

biojuggernaut,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
biojuggernaut said:
Yeah it can be, but it looks like you might need to use a ratchet. To be honest, I like my Top at 13v with toasty tubes, since the heating is so passive. None of my friends can hold it on the tubing however, which I hope will all change with the HI. The HI has a new copper aroma cup. Very similar to the last one, yet this one is taller and a little smaller diameter.

SS bowls are completely toasted, where the back of the bowl is brown. So there are double taps! :brow:
The toasty tubes are all about placement of screen and amount of biomaterial. Play around with this one.

Thanks Alan.
Well how it compares to the UD you have (btw what core you have?) I got first of the new cores of UD and it need 10 minutes to go into clouds .
TV on you video we can see that is gives off huge fogs, how much did you preaheat for the video ? It would be nice to see a video of cloud production after just 5 minutes heating time ! Also i am not quite familiar with heating element . You said it is ceramic ,is it functioning like DBV/SSV ?

Abysmal Vapor,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Here is a link to the internals of the Toasty Top. Toasty Top It is the same heating element used by all the manufacturers. My configuration is just a little unconventional. The assembly in the HI is actually one glass insulating bead shorter. I have eliminated the coupling on the outer terminal. The heating element just solders directly to the power socket so it is the most direct power path you can get. There are no thin wires to break or short out. I have also eliminated the copper wire horns I had used to support the screen. The new debris screen is much more secure. The heating element doesn't get as hot as something like DBV/SSV since it is only based on 12 volts. It delivers a high temperature to the herb since the bowl size / airflow area is much smaller than what you have with DBV/SSV.

The HI unit used in the video has been plugged in pretty much 24/7 since I made it. A 5 minute heat up will not produce that thick of vapor. It takes at least 15 minutes to get hot enough to produce that dark of vapor. There is more than enough vapor at 5 minutes though. I would have to shoot a 5 minute video for a true demonstration.

Alan,

dabubblaboy

Can anybody say how this or the TT compares the PD? I'm looking to buy myself a Christmas present! :lol: I love these log style vapes, and I must say TV that your creations look like real winners!

dabubblaboy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
dabubblaboy said:
Can anybody say how this or the TT compares the PD? I'm looking to buy myself a Christmas present! :lol: I love these log style vapes, and I must say TV that your creations look like real winners!
I have used a couple of PDs for about a week, and I use a TT...
I found the heat and efficiency of these units to be on a close level with one another.
What makes me prefer the TT over the PD is an inner feeling of security provided by the heat ports screen.
It just makes me feel good!
People have reassured me over and over that without that screen, it is still OK, and you can still turn the unit upside down, and tap out the fallen crumbs.
I can not help it... the open heat port is always there in the back of my mind, and I am always acting a bit overcautious to keep my stem "tip up" as I used the PD. Whether it is a reality or not.. if I am nervous.. I am nervous!
The TT and PD both toasted stems at a close level.
The TT will be more versatile as far as stem configuration, as the TT stems come apart!

Vitolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

dabubblaboy

Vitolo said:
dabubblaboy said:
I have used a couple of PDs for about a week, and I use a TT...
I found the heat and efficiency of these units to be on a close level with one another.
What makes me prefer the TT over the PD is an inner feeling of security provided by the heat ports screen.
It just makes me feel good!
People have reassured me over and over that without that screen, it is still OK, and you can still turn the unit upside down, and tap out the fallen crumbs.
I can not help it... the open heat port is always there in the back of my mind, and I am always acting a bit overcautious to keep my stem "tip up" as I used the PD. Whether it is a reality or not.. if I am nervous.. I am nervous!
The TT and PD both toasted stems at a close level.
The TT will be more versatile as far as stem configuration, as the TT stems come apart!

Thanks for your opinion Vitolo! As a long time PD user I have definitely had some crumbs fall down into the heating element, so that screen does sound very handy. Have you used the HI at all? Also I see in your sig that you have the MFLB, how does that stack up with the log style of vapes?

dabubblaboy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My signature shows my favorites.. but as you figured I have more than just those~
I have not had the pleasure of using the HI vape yet. I am sure reading all of this with great interest, however, and I know that Alan has been doing a bunch of work with it.
The MFLB....
well that is a ball game all by itself.
I don't think of it as a log vape.. although it's Mama was for certain a log! :lol:
The MFLB is for an instant hit.. a fast blast on the go.
Since you use no stem inserted into the heat source, but rather lay your herb on the heat source...
it gets a different category.
I try to do as little Vape to Vape comparison... in a "Vape specific thread" as possible... and concentrate on review and discussion just of the vape at hand (in this case the HI), just to be fair to all manufacturers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom