• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

Vape-Nation

I returned my Herbie after frequently getting the "dizzy" message, I believe my gyroscope piece was damaged or misaligned, because not matter how flat and level I made the surface Herbie would stop working on and off. I tried to make it work but after months of that issue I finally sent it in for service.

Just got it back and it's working well! It would have been nice if they threw in some bags, or even a note as to what they did, but whatever. Happy to have Herbie back in my hands!

Good luck to those still waiting for their repairs. Have patience, they will come through I believe!

MinnBobber

What Ratchett mods are everybody using?
One favorite @Ratchett mod for my Herbie is his Song with hydratube . Enables some really strong but slightly smoothed and moisturized vapor. Really nice combo.
A whip can also be slipped into the Song, as another option with it. I sometimes start with the whip at low temps and then changeover to hydratube at higher temps--- takes all of 3 seconds to switch over

Herbie%20mV2%20HT.jpg

Another ratchett piece I use that I suggested he create turns any hydratube or bong style piece into a whip system. Picture below. Desktop vapes with a hydratube are kind of cumbersome---stoop way over to get a hit, can't pass it for groups, etc.
Hydratube with whip is much more user friendly IMO and works better for vaping a group.
3D%202%20whip.jpg

Sig

What temp are you guys properly vaping bho ? Swim has some c02 crumble and bho and they are both quite different. They both got swims friend reemed through the herbie- he typically smokes very rare dabber. But for Swim feels like I'm getting less efficient results than a carb cap n a nail. Yes vaping will take a bit more time to complete the session, minutes versus one hit. Usually Swim starts at 380 and warm her up because the concentrate can get nasty if you blast it with heat right away, melts to screens, pads. Herbie has been fantastic so far but not too awesome with concentrates alone...swims out of flower so don't say mix with flower... It works ok too...right now swim can dab once and be high off a rig or do two of these off the herbie and be meh

Sig,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Sig
Unfortunately it is all temp dependent.
Your nail is WAY hotter than Herbie will ever get thus the different effects.

What I find works the best is this:
Heat Herbie to Max
Apply BHO etc to oil pad and place in bowl and shut
Place on Herbie, attach a balloon and blow up using fan assist.
Bag should be nice and milky!!
Rip that bag!!

You can also let it blow a bit before attaching th bag to lease the the amount of air vs vapor.

Flavor is amazing and effects are pretty damn good!!

zombied

@Sig
Unfortunately it is all temp dependent.
Your nail is WAY hotter than Herbie will ever get thus the different effects.

What I find works the best is this:
Heat Herbie to Max
Apply BHO etc to oil pad and place in bowl and shut
Place on Herbie, attach a balloon and blow up using fan assist.
Bag should be nice and milky!!
Rip that bag!!

You can also let it blow a bit before attaching th bag to lease the the amount of air vs vapor.

Flavor is amazing and effects are pretty damn good!!

Out of curiosity, why is the Herbie a backup vape for you?

zombied,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Out of curiosity, why is the Herbie a backup vape for you?

I have no real answer for that except I wish it got hotter to extract all the goodies faster.
It is an awesome vape and I will never sell it!
Still gets used almost weekly just not an every day driver for me.

My Plenty blows it out of the water with ease, it is also convection with some conduction. I find the Herbie to be a blend of convection and conduction.

EDIT:
My new grinder arrived tonight!! A KannStor VAPE GR8TR.
Ground up some OG Kush and hit Herbie hard!
Awesome flavour and taste and great clouds!!

And i think i figured out why i don't use Herbie so much.
She lost her shine after being my main vape for everything, all my other vapes were forgotten.
Now that i only hit her now and then the effects are just as i remembered the first hit!
It's going to be a Herbie night tonight!
Thanks @zombied

Last edited:

harmless healing

So...I've just realise PIU will ship to the UK. Will the herbalizer work here with a simple adapter? Or is it like the EVO, andI have to wait for international units

Cheers

harmless healing,

MinnBobber

So...I've just realise PIU will ship to the UK. Will the herbalizer work here with a simple adapter? Or is it like the EVO, andI have to wait for international units

Cheers
I'm 99% sure it will not work with just a converter. I need to look up the specs but I remember that it is not just the volts but also the frequency that needs to change.
And, running it on wrong frequency with that halogen bulb will wreck it.

I've been sporadically communicating with Herbalizer to see when they will have an intl 220V and proper frequency model (for a buddy in Australia) and it's not in the near future.
It is a shame.

From jivebuggerd, answer from Herbalizer:
  1. "There are two things that are different between North American power and European power.
    North American: 115VAC @ 60 Hertz (often called 110 volts)
    European: 230VAC @ 50 Hertz (often called 220 volts)
    The transformers only convert the 230VAC to 115VAC, but the frequency is not changed, so you end up with 115VAC @ 50 Hertz.
    The pulse width modulation scheme of the Herbalizer uses the 60 Hertz as a timing base. Therefore the sine wave frequency of the 230 volt power that is stepped down to 115 volts remains at 50 Hertz, and does not run the Herbalizer efficiently. This is the reason that it is not warranted under these conditions.".

MinnBobber,

harmless healing

It's not warranted. Does not run the herbalizer efficiently. This sounds like it may work...just not recommended or covered by warranty. Hmmm...

harmless healing,

harmless healing

Can I ask what country you are running it in?

Also, I am terrible with electronics. Voltages etc. Can you link an appropriate model for uk use?

Thanks for your help already. This is great news. Wanted this for some time.

Cheers

harmless healing,

lazylathe

Almost there...
So glad i decided to dust off Herbie this week!
We did bags tonight through a WT, smooth and dense vapor at 195C!
Extremely medicating!!

A buddy is coming over tomorrow night and has never seen one!
Going to blow his mind! LOL!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Better not show him the "turbo-assist" aka fan ;)
I was in Vegas last weekend with a buddy of mine. I'd convinced him to get an Herbie about six month or so ago. Anyway, we were in his hotel room hitting the Herbie and I hit the fan for some "turbo assist" hits. He looked at me and said "what the fuck is that?". He's been using it daily for six months and didn't even realize that the fan worked in whip mode. :rofl:

My friend is not a smart man. :disgust:

:peace:

MinnBobber

I was in Vegas last weekend with a buddy of mine. I'd convinced him to get an Herbie about six month or so ago. Anyway, we were in his hotel room hitting the Herbie and I hit the fan for some "turbo assist" hits. He looked at me and said "what the fuck is that?". He's been using it daily for six months and didn't even realize that the fan worked in whip mode. :rofl:

My friend is not a smart man. :disgust:

:peace:
I almost laughed out loud, that's funny, got a good long chuckle.
I could see never using the aroma therapy button, but not the turbo assist.
I've never blown a bag with the Herbie but use the fan button a lot :)

Last edited:
MinnBobber,

vaporlee

As @MinnBobber mentioned above, I also heard the other day from Brandon, that the Herbalizer is currently working on the 220V version.
The specific date was not given, however I would strongly recommend to hold for a little while for those who are not in the US, but those who are International.
Had my eyes on Herbie since it's 1st appearance, but since I already waited for this long, I don't mind waiting a little longer for the perfect unit.
:cool:

vaporlee,

uisge beatha

Nachos Rule
UPDATE: It seems there was a convention in town when my Herbie was trying to return to home base. They ended up receiving it Monday the 9th and I had it back in my hands Thursday afternoon. Communication was good the whole rest of the way.

It seems to be purring along like its old self. I was noticing very harsh hits before it gave up the error message and passed on. I'm not sure exactly when it started delivering harsher hits, it very well may have been since early on. This is my second unit, in use since I guess around June/July. My first has been operating since last November, and, as far as I know, is still humming along without any signs of harsher hits or performance degradation otherwise (it was donated to a friend).

So I dropped it at UPS on 10/31, it sat there until Monday the 2nd, didn't get delivered until the following Monday and was back home in time for dinner on Thursday. Not counting the time sat idling that's a week turnaround with ~5400 miles in transit! notbadobama.jpg indeed!

It's good to have my Space Clam back!

uisge beatha,
Reactions: Madcap79

Vape-Nation

So... would you guys buy Herbalizer again?

I've changed my tune on Herbie and still believe Volcano is the most reliable desktop vaporizer out there. Herbie is still faster to warm up, but the sticky bags, leaky mouthpiece and overall reliability issues with Herbie's internal controls leave me feeling like it's still more beta than badass

Vape-Nation,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Yes, I would. I've never owned a Volcano but I wouldn't want a bag only unit, personally. I use my Herbie with water tools or the whip. The heat up time, temp control, and effect are great to me and I am happy with the unit. I've never had a leaky bag issue but I also don't use that feature a lot. :2c::peace:

Vape-Nation

I don't have a Mighty but I think a few ways it may be better are heat up time, possibly more precise temp control, and it's convection.

I've been using the Mighty more than Herbie lately. I need new bags and a whip that isn't filled up with resin gunk, so Herbie is kinda sitting idle until I spend the money to get new kit parts. Annoying.

Mighty is a mofo to clean however. I don't enjoy the bong-like experience of cleaning the Mighty or Crafty, but it's a necessary thing when you vape the good stuff.

Vape-Nation,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I've been using the Mighty more than Herbie lately. I need new bags and a whip that isn't filled up with resin gunk, so Herbie is kinda sitting idle until I spend the money to get new kit parts. Annoying.

Mighty is a mofo to clean however. I don't enjoy the bong-like experience of cleaning the Mighty or Crafty, but it's a necessary thing when you vape the good stuff.
I'm a fairly light user and tend to rotate my vapes quite a bit as well. I didn't realize the Mighty/Crafty were a pain to clean. I've been casually following the threads as they interest me but I haven't felt the itch to pull the trigger......yet.

Madcap79,

lazylathe

Almost there...
So... would you guys buy Herbalizer again?

I've changed my tune on Herbie and still believe Volcano is the most reliable desktop vaporizer out there. Herbie is still faster to warm up, but the sticky bags, leaky mouthpiece and overall reliability issues with Herbie's internal controls leave me feeling like it's still more beta than badass

I still have my Herbie, one of the first 50 to be sold!
My Volcano has been sold, it was a solid vape but i found out that bags are fun but not every day.

So far i am still on my first set of original bags and they work great! One has died from over use so far.
Not one major issue yet! She just pumps out the vapour like a good vape!

Top Bottom