The Herbalizer

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This looks like a fun product. One question I have not seen officially asked. Can you change the Bulb yourself?

It sure would be a pain to send it in for a simple bulb change.

From what I understand you need to send in the bulb and have them replace it. I forgot the exact amount of time the bulb is rated for... it was a pretty long time if I remember correctly.

Timothy

I suppose sending the device in for service will not be so bad considering Halogen Bulbs generally last for quite a while.

The way a Halogen Bulb works is actually quite amazing. For those who do not know, a breif summary: To start you have a Tungsten Coil which is surrounded by a Quartz bulb (they use Quartz because it has a high melting point, around 2X that of Borosilicate) The bulb is charged with a Halogen gas (hence the name) usually iodine and when the Tungsten coil is electrified, Tungsten evaporates into the gas and is then redeposit, completing a cycle.

As some of you might know "Halogens" themselves are inherently toxic, bromine and iodine gas being the two most popular to use in light bulbs. Do not fret though, the amount of these gases in a bulb is minute and would only be released if the bulb explodes.

I do have to mention the theory of boiling off individual chemical compounds at precise temperatures will be more difficult than it might initially seem. Even if conducted in a contolled lab enviroment you are dealing with natural plant material such as Cannabis or even Rosemary, which present many variables, such as:

"Where are the Active ingredients located in the plant? In the resins? in Tricome? The answer in cannabis is both.

This leads to a key word "Penetration", even if you expose a material such as dried cannabis to a precise temperature the active ingredients first exposed to the heat will vaporize first and the longer you expose the cannabis to the heat, the further the heat will penetrate into the structure and start boiling off the remaining "Actives"

Herbalizer may be able to adjust temperature quickly but as long as we are using dried plant material and not a laboratory synthesized THC or CBN compound, we will never be able to make a precise use of different "Actives" at their boiling points.

I guess my point is that even though the quick temperature changing of this device is a nice feature, it really is more of a novelty in my opinion, I for one have never felt a strong urge to drop the temperature of a vaporizer from 400° F to 200° F instantaneously. Most people I know have a very small window in which they even adjust a vaporizer.

Even though I envision the Herbie as my next vaporizer purchase, but I assure you it wont be because of the advertising which leads a buyer to believe they have invented a new type of thermostat altogether which can not be further from the truth. Most commercially available PID controllers will have the same feature set as the Herbalizer touts. What is that old expression, reinvent the wheel?

TommydCat

Precise fractional distillation usually doesn't involve two phase changes, either ;)

TommydCat,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Anyways, I look forward to trying this guy out and reporting back with a video, etc. That's the last I will mention it, since it seems to upset certain people for some reason. :\ For future reference, anyone who takes issue with my winning a contest, can either discuss it with me via PM or one of the moderators. Thanks.

Anyone who has issues with you winning a contest can go cry in the corner. You are a very respected member in my eyes, and I'm actually thrilled you won this, because I know you will give a quality review. There are few members who I'd be glad to see do reviews of products, you are one of them. I know you know what you are talking about. How you haven't gotten the cloud yet is beyond me, but then again maybe now is not the best time for that. I have to admit my reasons for being interested in this vape stem greatly from me questioning my clouds reliability, something I haven't felt the need to do until now, JUST because IF it breaks, I'm SOL.

Has a price been set for this vape? I looked but didn't see much. The nasa gimmick still gets me. I really think its a pretty unique selling point.

Tweek

Thanks Darkrom, that is very kind of you to say brother :rockon:

I haven't heard much about a price, although there appeared to be some hint on the FB page, but no confirmation as of yet. No cloud in my collection, but I will be testing this guy against my Volcano & Sublimator for sure.

Definitely an exciting time for vapes!

Jeremy Driscoll

Now that I see my post I apologize if I put it in the wrong forum. I am new here. And don't intend break. Any rules. If I have please mod move it and accept my apology it won't happen again.

Jeremy Driscoll,
Reactions: Tweek

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Now that I see my post I apologize if I put it in the wrong forum. I am new here. And don't intend break. Any rules. If I have please mod move it and accept my apology it won't happen again.

Start a new thread in the "Ask FC" board.

Quetzalcoatl,

poonman

We can't answer if it's ' better ' than the herbalaire .
It hasn't been launched yet .
Please keep your 20 also , advice is free on FC .
and so are greetings .
Welcome to FC Jeremy .
Happy hunting .

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

I saw Stu demo this when I was visiting. I knew it was going to be a intense blast to the sinuses... will really clear you right up. Needless to say it is really intense and funny to watch... For people that like Vics you will love that feature.

I can't wait for this thing to come out. The time I spent with it really made an impression on me.

VaporBaked

No, not yet. They haven't been released...should be sometime in July I believe.

Sweet!! I think it will be a sweet vape for sure! I'm sure it wont be cheep but hopefully its reasonable. I figure this thing and the Ascent will have your home and travel covered!

*by your I mean who ever where ever ha

VaporBaked,
Reactions: Tweek

Jeremy Driscoll

Unfortunately that is worse than what is reported with the HA.

Seems like it may be a step backwards.

I thought the herbalaire was the HERBIE? We have two Herbies now?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

A step backwards but. With triple in expectations. And triple in price.

Jeremy Driscoll,

Jeremy Driscoll

But we don't know the price yet. :D

Your right about that. But something tells me I have the feeling it won't be under 500. And for that price I hope it fulfills peoples hopes. Good luck on your review with it. I hope it is everything it is hyped up to be.

Jeremy Driscoll,

Tweek

Driscoll, I will make sure I give it the full run through. If it's not worth the asking price, Tweek shall speak. (not that anyone listens :D)

Jeremy Driscoll

I'll listen. When advice is given. I always listen carefully.

One thing I know. If you can not trust Canadians in this world, then who can you trust? FREE MARC EMERY USA!
Edit,
Damn, forgot double posting is bad, sorry.

mod note: Yes, it is, but at least you noticed. Two posts merged.

Top Bottom