The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
There will definitely be a new thread once the product is available for purchase and in members' hands. This thread will likely be ABV'd at that point and the new thread would be in the portables thread.

But at which point is it really not a candidate anymore? What if the early devices prove to be beta units like in many other threads here? For instance, the first 50 (if not 100) pages of the Ascent thread are about early units and some had awful problems (like the ones with exposed wires in the vapor path) These early pages should ideally have been moved to ABV but they were not, and the result is that any new member who wants to read the thread (okay most readers don't care and just post) will get at first a false impression (because in the Ascent case for instance these problems are no longer relevant and/or existant)

That makes me want to point (and I'm sorry it's off topic and should be in the community discussion section instead), and it's a recurrent problem, that past a certain size (200+ pages maybe?) all threads stop being an information treasure trove and the quality deteriorates because new members simply don't take the time (or can't because it's impractical, cf Solo thread) to read it, and thus past that tipping point we start seeing the same questions asked over and over again...(and long time posters start losing interest in the thread because well, it's been discussed to death and it's boring to repeat the same thing ... it becomes an exercise in how to deliver the best pre-canned answer at most...)

Sorry for the digression...

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
But at which point is it really not a candidate anymore? What if the early devices prove to be beta units like in many other threads here? For instance, the first 50 (if not 100) pages of the Ascent thread are about early units and some had awful problems (like the ones with exposed wires in the vapor path) These early pages should ideally have been moved to ABV but they were not, and the result is that any new member who wants to read the thread (okay most readers don't care and just post) will get at first a false impression (because in the Ascent case for instance these problems are no longer relevant and/or existant)

That makes me want to point (and I'm sorry it's off topic and should be in the community discussion section instead), and it's a recurrent problem, that past a certain size (200+ pages maybe?) all threads stop being an information treasure trove and the quality deteriorates because new members simply don't take the time (or can't because it's impractical, cf Solo thread) to read it, and thus past that tipping point we start seeing the same questions asked over and over again...(and long time posters start losing interest in the thread because well, it's been discussed to death and it's boring to repeat the same thing ... it becomes an exercise in how to deliver the best pre-canned answer at most...)

Sorry for the digression...
I believe that is what the 'Best of' threads are trying to do. Pick out all the information so it's a little easier to navigate.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that past a certain size (200+ pages maybe?) all threads stop being an information treasure trove and the quality deteriorates

That's why we have the 'best of' threads...feel free to contribute to them!

But at which point is it really not a candidate anymore?

When production units are available for general purchase it will get a new thread.

stickstones,
Reactions: Madcap79

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Sorry, guess I didn't realize my facetiousness would stir up such a hornets' nest.

Here I thought posts labeled "The Grasshopper Team" with pictures and progress updates (that people seem to anticipate on a regular basis) would qualify as manufacturer's updates.

Definitely agree that constructive criticisms are useful, but how plentiful can they be until actual units are available?
And at what point do more changes further delay its launch? Lets get some units in folks hand and get some useful feedback that may need to be incorporated in a V2 or whatever.

:peace:

Sinclue,
Reactions: nigel

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Here I thought posts labeled "The Grasshopper Team" with pictures and progress updates (that people seem to anticipate on a regular basis) would qualify as manufacturer's updates.

Ah. I did indicate I wasn't sure on this, but you are right that their was some participation here (I had to look it up: user @Zenpen ). But it was almost a year ago since their last post and it looks like they haven't even lurked since Oct.

In the last (essentially) year the "updates" have been by FC members from second/third-hand sources, correct? (Or is there a second Grasshopper team user account I am forgetting about?)

But the original point that not all threads even have manufacturer's participation, so locking down a thread to manufactures only would essentially... sorry about this... leave nothing but crickets in the threads.
:p

[Of course that more of a minor pragmatic issue, and the bigger concern is that this should not be a Press Release dumping ground. Community participation (even if it is just talk about boxes) is important. It's called a forum. :) ]

EDIT:
but how plentiful can they be until actual units are available?

Uh... 132 pages of "plentiful". So far. :)

The speculation posts are fun, and we have to have SOMETHING to do while eagerly awaiting new toys.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:

startrec

bored-grasshopper-lady.jpg

in stock , free shipping . coming soon after chinese new year !

Last edited:
startrec,

alphabj

I've followed this thread from the beginning and I think there was a time when there was some intense negative criticisms/accusations being directed at the grasshopper representative(s). I think they decided it wasn't worth the time or the negative vibes to continue following this thread or replying to anything. Probably a good call IMO. Maybe they'll return if their unit successfully survives "the gauntlet."

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I think they decided it wasn't worth the time or the negative vibes to continue following this thread or replying to anything. Probably a good call IMO. Maybe they'll return if their unit successfully survives "the gauntlet."
All they had to do was dump the ABV and show it up close. Thats it. Instead they chose to "leave it to the imagination". What you see today is the result.

alphabj

All they had to do was dump the ABV and show it up close. Thats it. Instead they chose to "leave it to the imagination". What you see today is the result.

The events I'm referring to would have happened over a year ago, like during the campaign, back when a non-trivial number of people entertained the idea that they were actually con artists. That said, I know you've probably been following this thing as long as I have and surely you remember them showing ABV in their first videos. If they did show the ABV in their latest videos, SOMEBODY would come back and say "All they had to do was ____..."

EDIT: found it:

If there ever was a time to hide ABV that was it.

Last edited:

Gregori

CannaBoss
Any news about those promised vidéos ? Week-end is almost there and still no new vidéo...

Gregori,

caves

Living the vape life
Any news about those promised vidéos ? Week-end is almost there and still no new vidéo...
The latest word we have is "A new video showing normal use and operation will be released this coming week." from an update posted Sunday evening / Monday morning. I'd say we can start freaking out on Monday :lol:

caves,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
(original comment issue resolved)

although i still would like to know the bowl size

Last edited:
Hippie Dickie,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I believe that is what the 'Best of' threads are trying to do. Pick out all the information so it's a little easier to navigate.

I think there should be a thread for the most ridiculous posts also, maybe.

We will have a vid soon...probably. :freak:

btka

do you think the grasshopper will be a session vape or a one hitter vape or both?

btka,

alphabj

do you think the grasshopper will be a session vape or a one hitter vape or both?
I am low tolerance and rarely do "sessions," so I expect to use it as a one hitter most of the time. I think it will work perfectly as a replacement for my MFLB.
a) click on
b) wait 10 seconds
c) draw 10-15 seconds
d) click off

There is some debate as to how long the battery will last, but I also expect to be able to fully vape a load or 2 before having to recharge. If their battery claims pan out, you should be able to sesh many times before having to charge.

MolecularConcept

I got my preorder email and. Checked out the product lit says bowl size "1.5cc "

135$ for As 185 for titanium or colored

Man I just put a pioneer AHS x5600 and some Rockford fosgate p3 in the car...the wife is gonna kill me if she finds out I order this....

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Wish all of you this isn't a scum because it looks not very clean. i mean, without thinking to the futuristic technology it is supposed to carry with it, to put again a non existent product on pre order while nobody between early adopters received anything yet (indiegogo campain was already a kind of preorder) isn't very fair IMO.

Someone says "having bad feeling-thoughts about someone-something isn't very nice but you often get it right"

Andreaerdna,

DirtD1V3R

When this video comes out, will they email it to us or will we have to search it out? I can't remember them releasing a video outside of an update, so I don't know the process. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? Thanks

DirtD1V3R,

Ross1204

When this video comes out, will they email it to us or will we have to search it out? I can't remember them releasing a video outside of an update, so I don't know the process. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? Thanks
Would imagine there will be a reddit update like usual and someone will link it on here no doubt. The link below is their official vimeo account which is likely to be the destination for the upload when it finally appears.

http://vimeo.com/user22720883

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom