The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

DirtD1V3R

Just got a response from GHL about the update and they said that there will be an update later today. We will see what happens. It seems they are still sending out confirmation emails, refunds and answering emails. So... We can calm down a little until we get some info from them. I already let go of that money when I sent it to them for my pre-order. I can respect that some don't feel the same way but I knew the risk when I pre-ordered because I knew that backers hadn't even received them yet. Happy holidays. Stay calm and vape on. I'm just going to sit back and appreciate the things I do have, not freak out about the things I don't.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
the 3 day-late update:

"Hey Everyone,

This update is a few days late due to the arrival of a new machine here at Hopper Labs. We’ve been working nonstop to get it installed and wanted to make sure we had the time to provide a full update. The Grasshopper campaign is nearing the end. We still have accessories to fulfill, but there are now only about 300 backers left without Hoppers and those will be shipping very soon.

The new machine mentioned is a computer controlled laser welder which allows for greater reliability and five to six time the throughput during the welding process. We needed to machine custom jigs and tweak the welding profile to get it operational but after a few days of work it is now online. Further recent improvements include the hiring of another assembly tech and streamlining of our in-house shipping interface. We are methodically increasing the throughput and repeatability of each process involved in building the Grasshopper.

We know each of you backed the campaign to support something new and different. The Grasshopper is different from any other large scale consumer product. With over 75 minutes of in-house assembly time going into each unit we are looking over every detail. Each member of the team contributes in the construction and shipping of every Grasshopper. It was designed with the singular idea of building the best device possible and we have put in an insane amount of effort to make building it possible.

It has been a long road and we thank you for your support and patience during development. We set out with a lofty set of design goals and have met nearly all of them. We know there are some problems with early units and we have been making tweaks since day one to resolve them. In offering a lifetime warranty we are holding ourselves to the highest possible standard of design and construction. It is incredibly hard to get everything perfect right out of the gate but we are committed to providing a lasting experience and will replace anything that is not working correctly.

We hope everyone has a great New Year’s and we will be back on the 1st with another project update.

Trevor and the Grasshopper Team."

I'm not happy with the timing of this update, but this is one of the better ones in a long time, IMO.
I'm about ready to double down on my order! I'm guessing there may be another price adjustment after the campaign is completed.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Just curious... if you're just getting one for yourself, why do you/many people here need so many hoppers?

seaofgreens,

DirtD1V3R

I sent an email this a.m. asking about when to expect my pre-order, knowing that most likely I shouldn't expect it before January, but I'm an early pre-order(12/27) so I just wanted to make sure. This is what Caroline responded with.

"Hi There,

We will most likely reach your place in the shipping queue at the beginning of the new year. I would expect your Grasshopper to arrive to you in early January.

Best,
Caroline"

So it looks like they aren't planning to get out many- if any- pre-orders before the new year. Just thought some others around my order date would like to know.

V_for_Vaping

Just curious... if you're just getting one for yourself, why do you/many people here need so many hoppers?

I just like the idea of the way they'd look all lined up together on my desk. I wouldn't really do this and have no idea why someone else would. But as @slcbdco likes to say, when you don't want to vape alone the more grasshoppers the merrier.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I sent an email this a.m. asking about when to expect my pre-order, knowing that most likely I shouldn't expect it before January, but I'm an early pre-order(12/27) so I just wanted to make sure. This is what Caroline responded with.

"Hi There,

We will most likely reach your place in the shipping queue at the beginning of the new year. I would expect your Grasshopper to arrive to you in early January.

Best,
Caroline"

So it looks like they aren't planning to get out many- if any- pre-orders before the new year. Just thought some others around my order date would like to know.

I definitely do, so thanks buddy! :tup:
I know youve got about two weeks on me so I've been watching for word from you as one of the earliest pre orders too...

But yeah still disappointed by that final false shipping month estimate, but it was just off by a month this final time, right?! right?! :tinfoil:

Organica

I got a Ti first, then decided to add a SS. I rotate my three launch boxes and frequently do things like take one with me when I go out, while leaving one on my headboard for when I get home or when I wake up. It's handy. The secret to most of my happiness is to take good care of future me. I decided it would be good to have two hoppers for this same reason. Also, by the time I ordered a second one, I was already wary of having to send one back for repairs, potentially more than once. Then I realized that my sister would end up appropriating one of mine if I didn't get one for her, so there's the third.

A couple of friends of mine have asked me to add hoppers for them onto my June 2015 order, but I told them it would be better to create their own orders, since the warranty follows the person that made the order, not the hopper.

I suspect there may be people who are planning on selling them for $500 on eBay. That's kinda dickish.

minnemike

I suspect there may be people who are planning on selling them for $500 on eBay. That's kinda dickish.
Gotta think that would be a tough sell with no warranty and all, unless the seller is willing to extend that hassle.

minnemike,

zymos

Already happened plenty of times, warranty or no.
Don't think they've gotten quite as much as $500 for them though....

zymos,
Reactions: Gregori

Gregori

CannaBoss
Point issued for company bashing. Calling a company "dishonest" is close enough to calling them liars which you were previously warned about.
Anyone remember this ?
The Grasshopper
The part I remember is that: "At the $99 price that indiegogo backers paid we just cannot offer a free battery. The pre-order people paid a higher price which is allowing us to offer them this for the delay. I realize this seems unfair, but we are doing our best to satisfy who we can at the moment. Indiegogo backers will enjoy additional benefits in the future so don't think we forgot about you! "
Seems pretty unfair that a two months delay gives you a bigger advantage than being a backer...
That was in june, 6 months ago then.

Few days ago I add a second GH to my order and SURPRISE: Caroline told me
"Hi There,

I have just spoke with Trevor, and was advised to inform you that the reason we are not offering a Free Extra Battery to our Indiegogo Backers is because you are receiving your units sooner than anyone else.

If you would like, we can ship your second Grasshopper at a later date with your May 1st order, and then you would be eligible to receive a Free Extra Battery.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Best,
Caroline"

Everybody see the changing here ? First it's a question of money, now it's about delay. As they are not liars, they're at least dishonest.
Same dishonesty (?) than every "almost there " update. Or that "Every backer will be delivered before Christmas" shit.

I thaught they couldn't disappoint me more than a two years delay but was wrong...

FizzNuggets

I'm still anxiously awaiting my November 2015 estimated date... I agree gregori, there has to be a line where they pass being only dishonest.. you think a couple of engineers that designed this thing could extrapolate a better idea of product output and get better "estimates" (as we keep being reminded how lax we should be on them for this).

As a backer I invested to also watch GHLs journey becoming successful, but very annoying when all you hear is next month this, +/- a month that. Nothing interesting for pictures, no instagram updates.. they must be too busy to spend a few minutes to keep us informed. I'm still being patient but it is starting to feel more like lies than them honestly keep missing these estimates they set for themselves.

Product looks amazing, but the way they managed all of this wasn't too impressive. I'm sure someone will defend them, but I find their practices very unprofessional. Here's hoping they get the last 300 of us filled before the end of January now.

Merry Christmas all, and those of you who have your hoppers, puff one for those of us still holding our breath.

Peace
Fizz

Top Bottom