• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

alphabj

Thanks for the link, but I didn't see the update there. Just the gogo page itself. Maybe because I'm on my phone?
Indeed the mobile version of indiegogo doesn't appear to have any way of viewing updates. Maybe there is some way to switch it to the desktop version...

alphabj,
Reactions: EdE80

herbalist33

No mention of the Chargers, which was the main issue from the last update. Have they got them yet or not? Shipping has begun.... Well we know some have shipped without chargers, have any shipped WITH chargers yet.

herbalist33,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I mean this is pure speculation but considering last update was "can't ship, waiting on new chargers" and this update is "we have finally begun shipping and more and more units are making it out" I would assume they are leaving us to just connect the dots and say the chargers are in... but who knows

delloy

No mention of the Chargers, which was the main issue from the last update. Have they got them yet or not? Shipping has begun.... Well we know some have shipped without chargers, have any shipped WITH chargers yet.

I took the update as the chargers being complete and everything is in place for bulk shipping. The picture of the charging cable with the caption "The last piece of the puzzle" was what bought me to this conclusion ;)

Edwardo

I took the update as the chargers being complete and everything is in place for bulk shipping. The picture of the charging cable with the caption "The last piece of the puzzle" was what bought me to this conclusion ;)
A lemon entry my dear Watson.... nice work ;)

herbalist33

Ahh, that explains it- I didn't see the photo... I was thinking that whole 'last piece of the puzzle' sentence was a bit out of place by itself. Thanks for correcting me- I guess I can get excited now :rockon:

Kalessin

Grrrrrr. It's great that they have gotten the chargers in, but I feel like this was one of the most opaque updates I've seen so far. Give us actual INFORMATION *whines* I guess I need to get more used to not having solid info on things, but damn it, that's such a shitty position.

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

Grrrrrr. It's great that they have gotten the chargers in, but I feel like this was one of the most opaque update I've seen so far. Give us actual INFORMATION *whines* I guess I need to get more used to not having solid info on things, but damn it, that's such a shitty position.

Yep, pretty much "How long is a piece of string?"

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Grrrrrr. It's great that they have gotten the chargers in, but I feel like this was one of the most opaque update I've seen so far. Give us actual INFORMATION *whines* I guess I need to get more used to not having solid info on things, but damn it, that's such a shitty position.

I'm sorry but how more solid can you get than this:

Grasshopper shipping has begun, and will continue at an increasing rate.

After 19 exhausting months, everything is in place and Hoppers are rolling off of the assembly line.

ltwx24tpkkq0mptmqlfk.jpg

The last piece of the puzzle.

I mean yes, no mention of the "accurate shipping" software on the website yet, but who cares. The key fact is they are supposedly now shipping finished production units.

What were you looking for? A complete table of "Order numbers X-Y ship this week, Order numbers Y-Z Ship next Tuesday......."

The only information I'm waiting on is confirmation from early IGG backers that GH is shipping their orders.

Kalessin

I'm sorry but how more solid can you get than this:

Grasshopper shipping has begun, and will continue at an increasing rate. After 19 exhausting months, everything is in place and Hoppers are rolling off of the assembly line.

ltwx24tpkkq0mptmqlfk.jpg

The last piece of the puzzle.

"

I mean yes, no mention of the "accurate shipping" software on the website yet, but who cares. The key fact is they are supposedly now shipping finished production units.

What were you looking for? A complete table of "Order numbers X-Y ship this week, Order numbers Y-Z Ship next Tuesday......."

The only information I'm waiting on is confirmation from early IGG backers that GH is shipping their orders.
I am very curious about the shipping software they were talking about going up, I'd like to know when we'll all roughly have an idea of our ship dates. I'm also anxious to hear when they've actually started shipping. Hopefully once they do we'll have several backers sharing it with us, but it would be nice if they just took a little more time and told us what was left to do with getting the shipping software running, and what they had left to do as far as preparing the units they had now for shipping. Perhaps unreasonable to expect them to share such things, I just feel like it would be a good way to show they're interested in everyone being satisfied with their work. I feel like they've alienated a lot of people with their lack of concrete information. Not me, in particular, I get irritated but I'm still mostly hopeful, I just think it's weird that they're not more interested in managing the expectations they've given people

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I have a feeling the website was outsourced and Trevor/Matt are not building or managing it. I wouldn't be surprised if they have very little idea when that software will be finished.

Given the recent "website down!" reports on this forum, it's clear they're doing testing on the site. But they haven't "flipped the switch" and gone live yet.

Trust me, I'm also updating the website daily checking my order status to see if it updates (May 2015 shipping, woot!). But I really could care less about when my specific vape ships, I just want to see more GH's in the wild (working ones preferably)

Kalessin

But I really could care less about when my specific vape ships, I just want to see more GH's in the wild (working ones preferably)
That's mainly what I'm worried about. I'm sure it'll be at least July before I see my unit, but I'll feel a whole lot better about everything when I know that bulk shipments are going out. I was really excited that a couple members got their holiday units in, but it's not really the same as knowing that there are a couple thousand going out in the mail to people.

zymos

Unlike designing and building a new type of vape from scratch, designing and building a website is something that is done thousands of times a day, for years now. Even a tracking system isn't something that should take weeks to program...

peaceonearth

high since 1968
I suspect it's less of a technical issue and more that they're still gauging their production capacity before committing to specific dates. Which is a good thing... who wants more bad guesstimates.
What I know for sure is they do outsource their web development, because Trevor referred to "their webmaster" in an email to me back in Feb when I had suggested a fix to their website.

alphabj

There are 123 holiday backers and 120 early bird backers. Being one of the first early bird backers, I was hoping the update would at least give some indication of when early birds units would ship. I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get my address confirmation this week or next.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
There are 123 holiday backers and 120 early bird backers. Being one of the first early bird backers, I was hoping the update would at least give some indication of when early birds units would ship. I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get my address confirmation this week or next.

Please keep us posted!

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: alphabj

Edwardo

They did mention being able to produce over 1000 a week now.... maybe I'm making a bit of a leap, but does that not mean in a week there well be at least 1000 units ready to ship? And you will likely be in that first 1000 as an early bird backer? Im sure they will have daily pick ups by the mail man /UPS.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
They did mention being able to produce over 1000 a week now.... maybe I'm making a bit of a leap, but does that not mean in a week there well be at least 1000 units ready to ship? And you will likely be in that first 1000 as an early bird backer? Im sure they will have daily pick ups by the mail man /UPS.

1000 per week by the END of JULY

alphabj

It said on track to produce 1000 a week by July. So they probably can't get that volume just yet. But extrapolating back I don't see why they can't 250 per week right now, which is enough for me to get mine :)

PetNature

I have a feeling the website was outsourced and Trevor/Matt are not building or managing it. I wouldn't be surprised if they have very little idea when that software will be finished.

Given the recent "website down!" reports on this forum, it's clear they're doing testing on the site. But they haven't "flipped the switch" and gone live yet.

Trust me, I'm also updating the website daily checking my order status to see if it updates (May 2015 shipping, woot!). But I really could care less about when my specific vape ships, I just want to see more GH's in the wild (working ones preferably)
They had an intern making it for them. What errors are you guys experiencing? Probably something wrong with their host. I see that they're using Bluehost, since I don't live in US I don't know how reliable they are, but I'd rather go for something like Digitalocean and Cloudflare.

PetNature,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Given that finances for me are pretty tight (young student here), should I wait patiently for the GH or cancel my order and go with something else (I was thinking perhaps a Crafty + solar charger à la @BuzzDanklin)?

I'm confused by your question because the crafty and the GH have very different financial requirements, you can get almost 3 grasshoppers for the price of a crafty, so that does not correlate with what you describe as "tight" finances.

Top Bottom