• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Grasshopper Shipping Poll

When do you think the first Grasshoppers (in BOXES!) will ship?

• Total voters

Roland Blaze

It looks like they severely underestimated the initial demand fro pfe's.
Bigger problem is that when they saw the supply go down in a matter of days, they only revised the ship estimate to one week. This reflects the same flaw we've seen over and over from HL regarding 'the future' and apparent disrespect for the calendar.

Couldn't agree more... not forgetting disrespect to their customers also. They use the term "estimate" to mean "any time we feel like so tough shit if you order one based on this eta"".

JCat

Accessory Maker
Can we change the thread title to:

"When do you think your Grasshopper will return from RMA in an actual fully working state?"

Keeping my finger's crossed for my Ti one ... it's in UPS Mail Innovative Lost In Space shipping ... so could get here any day, or week, or month, or ....

biohacker

"When do you think your Grasshopper will return from RMA in an actual fully working state?"

:rofl:

From Reddit:

TLDR: I'm complaining

so this is the seventh time I've had to send my hopper in for red blue flashing lights.

each time it comes back with atleast the same external casing (there is a noticable scratch on the body)

each time it lasts maybe 2 weeks, which is about a half dozen sessions for me. I don't use it every day.

then red/blue and warranty.

never once has hopper labs offered to send out a replacement body and seemingly no warranty repair has yet to resolve my red/blue lights

each warranty return costs about $7

pretty bummed about this purchase. this is my last warranty repair for a long time, I think. maybe a year or two I'll send it in and hope hopper labs has figured out how to make a working product

Last edited:

BigApple

It looks like they severely underestimated the initial demand fro pfe's.
Bigger problem is that when they saw the supply go down in a matter of days, they only revised the ship estimate to one week. This reflects the same flaw we've seen over and over from HL regarding 'the future' and apparent disrespect for the calendar.

They clearly don't understand the most basic of sales/marketing principles which is "under-promise and over-deliver." On the plus side the PFE is a perfect fit and match.

jimmy123

Im starting with lately getting emails about this and that new feature and reminders etc. I think they are squirming. They arent the big boys anymore. With more and decently priced vapes coming with replaceable batteries. Also i feel at 200 its just to expensive. Ive got a cheap flowermate and honestly couldn't be happier.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Seems nothing has changed, haven't been on for a while(Or in this thread), decided my Grasshopper will sit in wait until they hopefully make a fully working product, biohacker has it right with that Reddit post sadly, I would not bother sending it to get fixed if I am gonn have to do it 7+ times at 7 dollars a pop(Because they refuse to cover shipping on a faulty product).

Shame that they still have shipping issues, only scrolled through a couple pages, thought that kink would be worked out by now, money influx should mean more workers.

Funny I signed in today, 4th anniversary *Blows out candles*

Last edited:

biohacker

Seems nothing has changed, haven't been on for a while(Or in this thread), decided my Grasshopper will sit in wait until they hopefully make a fully working product, biohacker has it right with that Reddit post sadly, I would not bother sending it to get fixed if I am gonn have to do it 7+ times at 7 dollars a pop(Because they refuse to cover shipping on a faulty product).

Some things never change. I just hope one day they do! I just can't believe some of the shit I read about the sad state of affairs. And they do send out mailers for shipping from time to time, like if your GH shows up all scratched up! But if you have rma after rma after rma, they still do fuck up and give you the run around. I just wish they would address some of these things more on Reddit, instead of using it only as an advertising medium and to downplay issues. But hey, at least the PFE is out!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Back here in an all-but-dead-thread to rag about -- what? Shipping issues!
So sad that HL has continued their empty promise policy regarding, now, their new charger, the redesigned triangular SS case and of course the perennially elusive leather sleeve.
The estimated ship dates for the charger and case have shifted away from a 'date certain'(!) starting point to a now-nebulous January 2018.
And the sleeves are as always right around the next bend, shipping in December 2017.
HL has also rolled out (figuratively, not actually) two special edition hot colors, but you can't get them yet, nope, not for the holidaze.
For any of these carrots on sticks, HL asking for folks' money in advance.

And lastly, even the Grasshopper itself, in SS or Ti is "2 weeks" out. So odd, to not have your product available for the hottest retail period of the calendar year.

I'm wondering, is there anyone who's ordered a Hopper recently with this 2 week expectation who has had to wait longer than that?
Or conversely, has anyone who ordered one with the 2 week lead time actually received it in that time?

I'm sure a lot of of you will think I'm bashing the company, hating on the product or just being a Christmas grouch. But I happen to have been on the ride for years now and have thoroughly enjoyed multiple Hoppers even after having made double digit returns for service. But damn, it was 2-1/2 years ago they said a sleeve would be included with my Ti pre-order purchase and I still haven't seen it...

Baron23

I'm wondering, is there anyone who's ordered a Hopper recently with this 2 week expectation who has had to wait longer than that?
Or conversely, has anyone who ordered one with the 2 week lead time actually received it in that time?

What these shortages and delays make me wonder about is their financial condition and if its impacting their ability to operate. This is not a new topic nor is it bashing. But we have discussed many times that the combination of high failure rates/repeat failures and a 'life time warranty' can be expected to have an impact on their finances.

Jimmyweaese

Back here in an all-but-dead-thread to rag about -- what? Shipping issues!
So sad that HL has continued their empty promise policy regarding, now, their new charger, the redesigned triangular SS case and of course the perennially elusive leather sleeve.
The estimated ship dates for the charger and case have shifted away from a 'date certain'(!) starting point to a now-nebulous January 2018.
And the sleeves are as always right around the next bend, shipping in December 2017.
HL has also rolled out (figuratively, not actually) two special edition hot colors, but you can't get them yet, nope, not for the holidaze.
For any of these carrots on sticks, HL asking for folks' money in advance.

And lastly, even the Grasshopper itself, in SS or Ti is "2 weeks" out. So odd, to not have your product available for the hottest retail period of the calendar year.

I'm sure a lot of of you will think I'm bashing the company, hating on the product or just being a Christmas grouch. But I happen to have been on the ride for years now and have thoroughly enjoyed multiple Hoppers even after having made double digit returns for service. But damn, it was 2-1/2 years ago they said a sleeve would be included with my Ti pre-order purchase and I still haven't seen it...
I'd like to know why reviews can't focus on these issues. Otherwise it' just the greatest vape made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmyweaese,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
The delays are a result of bringing the manufacturing of certain components in-house, I’ve seen some of the new equipment being delivered last week. The delay will be well worth it in terms of reliability and increased speed of manufacturing
What these shortages and delays make me wonder about is their financial condition and if its impacting their ability to operate. This is not a new topic nor is it bashing. But we have discussed many times that the combination of high failure rates/repeat failures and a 'life time warranty' can be expected to have an impact on their finances.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I’ve seen some of the new equipment being delivered last week.
Will they be getting a sewing machine for bringing leather sleeve production in house?

Couldn't help myself!

I appreciate your input and hope HL can pull it off; I believe they work hard at it and have good intentions.

I think that when they do make projections, all parties would be better served if they would just say "sometime", instead of creating false expectations.

Top Bottom