The Flower Kettle by Custom Flower Hardware

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I'd want to get it all together, I feel like the designer put all the piece's of the puzzle together over time as it doesn't feel like the first idea that came to mind, so even though the Freight Train Pro might fit the bowl (I would still need to get it out of its box), I like the idea that the bowl and injector are built to work best together - as I am not normally an injector fan I am curious about the experience as designed (at least at first).

@Custom Flower Hardware
I got to wondering, do you run the bowl at a lower temp than the injector? what sort of temps for each would you suggest for someone looking for a quick "full" extraction vs someone who wanted a "session" style experience vs someone who wanted a "flavor first" experience?
We had the 2 parts in mind first. This 1st thing just worked with all the injector bowls presently in the market, and it worked extremely well, as you can see from the videos. I'd like to correct a few things. You don't have to rip on it to make it work. I've done plenty of vids with the glass bowls at an ultra slow draw, and you can see the vapor climb up the glass. I've ripped it as hard as I could as well, and it works well, too. It can be loaded with a speck of weed up past a gram depending on your bowl size. These bowls have been out in the wild from the start, making the flower kettle work across many people's current bowl stock. So it was an "O Shit, these work great with what's out there" moment for us. The glass bowls will always give the most pure taste from this device. The steel path still tastes superb, but it's not glass. The glass bowls are not powered, though, like the steel path, so there is the tradeoff. I've had the path up to 500 on DC gear. By the way, starting now, I'm not gonna reference pid temps because they are all different across the industry. I'm going to temp the top of the head for you guys as well as the path too, with a temp meter. That way, you'll know the basic convection air temp from the head as well as the conduction path temp on the load. Being able to control the convection/conduction ratios temp wise equates to anything your hearts desire flavor and session time wise. I've only tried maxing her out, so I'll go the other way for the more flavorful experience and show that today for you guys. I'll also do a side by side with the glass and steel bowls to show you the difference in the way the vapor is produced. You can see it in the glass TableTop Bong that it's totally different. The heat from the path is designed to whop out the water from the vapor initially produced. It is NOT gas!:disgust: But yet it is not traditional vapor either:shrug:? It's in between!:tup:

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
We had the 2 parts in mind first.
I thought you might, which is why the combination is interesting, you I may be wrong are you working on 12v wireless options? the combination of a bowl and injector (or diffuser) that are both put into coils to pre-heat is sort of what I hoped the Zen Leaf series, I have only seen bangers and assemblies, but not pre-heating bowls.

This 1st thing just worked with all the injector bowls presently in the market, and it worked extremely well, as you can see from the videos. I'd like to correct a few things. You don't have to rip on it to make it work. I've done plenty of vids with the glass bowls at an ultra slow draw, and you can see the vapor climb up the glass. I've ripped it as hard as I could as well, and it works well, too. It can be loaded with a speck of weed up past a gram depending on your bowl size.
I assume you either release something and iterate on it in the public eye (i.e. the injector and follow up with a coil/bowl) or you take a lot longer ironing out all the issues and not get it into the hands of users for a long time.

I'm going to temp the top of the head for you guys as well as the path too, with a temp meter. That way, you'll know the basic convection air temp from the head as well as the conduction path temp on the load. Being able to control the convection/conduction ratios temp wise equates to anything your hearts desire flavor and session time wise.
While I love this idea, Its worth including the temp you are running the PID at as well as we need that to be able to replicate your experience as not all of us have decent ways to measure the air temp.

I've only tried maxing her out, so I'll go the other way for the more flavorful experience and show that today for you guys. I'll also do a side by side with the glass and steel bowls to show you the difference in the way the vapor is produced. You can see it in the glass TableTop Bong that it's totally different. The heat from the path is designed to whop out the water from the vapor initially produced. It is NOT gas!:disgust: But yet it is not traditional vapor either:shrug:? It's in between!:tup:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am curious as to the different experiences and the different techniques used to get them and how the heated bowl changes the experience....

Well the only way to know is to try it so :p maybe in 2024, my 2024 list is already starting to take more than a page :(

Jojofernz

The head from the metal shop in town is finished! :clap: looks like I'm leaving work an hour early!:rockon:I'll keep yous posted for sho!:nod::tup:
Edit:
I'm back!
Price change will take effect when we get the new heads in.:tup:
$749>$529 shipped. That's $220 off I'm passing to you guys. Kept my time line, kept my promise of making it affordable, still working on my big mouth, but hey, 1 thing at a time!:brow: first 20 buyers at the 749 price will still get choice of extra head or the electropath when we get them done, complementary!
Damn I like that price!!!!

Can I have some soup now please lol!!

Jojofernz

Lots of salty folks in this thread about the price.
This is a premium product, premium made. I don't think it tries to be the "best value", just "best".
Anyway, new price is less expensive than a Staroma XL kit and that one is made in Malaysia.
I was already planning to buy one, gonna have to still make it a big purchase this coming year but at the new price it’s a guarantee! And can hopefully pick up sooner than later!

Based on videos and reviews here alone in this thread, the price tag seems pretty worth it for the performance you’ll be getting.

I can’t wait to try it!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Lots of salty folks in this thread about the price.
This is a premium product, premium made. I don't think it tries to be the "best value", just "best".
Anyway, new price is less expensive than a Staroma XL kit and that one is made in Malaysia.
I didn't even think about the price, how much is it anyway? I would expect a device that has 2 separately heated elements to be more expensive.

I am very totally keen to try it but 2024 :p

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
I won the unit in the Make a Wish raffle and I’m super excited to give this a try. Reading over the thread got me even more excited. I’ve seen tons of your videos and know you have the experience. I don’t think it’s coming with the Electropath. How would I get one of those?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I won the unit in the Make a Wish raffle and I’m super excited to give this a try. Reading over the thread got me even more excited. I’ve seen tons of your videos and know you have the experience. I don’t think it’s coming with the Electropath. How would I get one of those?
Hopefully January will be the latest estimate. Hoping though before Christmas.:tup: nice, lemme know what you think and make sure not to hesitate with questions or concerns!:wave:

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
I have a good selection of desktop vapes to compare it to. I always wanted to try a Sublimator but never got a chance. The Electropath sounds like a great concept too and I’ll be watching for those to be available. These really are amazing times for us dry herb vape enthusiasts.

Top Bottom