Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted Member 1442

Yes, yes, and yes. It can be hard to remove the FF2 battery from the FF1, but it works, and has longer life than the regular 770 FF1 battery.
Great! How much better? Is the battery life still a problem? And I probably wouldn't be removing the battery from the vape, but aren't they the same size?

Deleted Member 1442,

Hyphy

I'm a huge FF fan (why I'm here) but if it's a just-for-home unit ... honestly ... I think you're better off with the e-nano

Fast-forward... I now own an UD and use it all the time. One-hit extractions through a bubbler is what I find myself using the most over my other vapes. While I'm sure taste is lacking vs. the FF/others, the session is super quick and I can get on with my day. I also ended up with an arizer air for less than half the cost of a FF so it was impossible for me not to pull the trigger. Still curious about the FF, but shit, after spare batteries it's like a $400 vape.

Anyways, thanks for the advice brother.

Hyphy,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Great! How much better? Is the battery life still a problem? And I probably wouldn't be removing the battery from the vape, but aren't they the same size?

I haven't really quantified it in FF1 usage. (Even the second-gen 770s for the FF1 pretty much resolved the "problem" aspect of battery life.) In the FF2 the new batteries can last twice as long as the old ones do in the FF1....not sure how much improvement they are in the 1.

They are the same size. Sort of. The new ones have a little tab that makes it easier to remove....from the FF2, which has a little indentation for the tab. The FF1 doesn't have this indentation, and ironically the tab makes it harder to remove.

mulciber

Still curious about the FF, but shit, after spare batteries it's like a $400 vape.

Theoretically, even more costly. I love my FF1 for its best qualities, which are many. But the batteries for the FF1 simply die after about six months of recharging. I had two new batteries when I bought the unit, and I had to buy a third after six months. That's $90 worth of batteries. They say they're sourcing the new batteries differently but I'm having trouble believing them. Further, my first FF needed to be sent back. A warranty repair, but you pay the outgoing shipping. Now my FF is showing the amber light (meaning it's overheating) after two to three draws, which it did not before. So I assume it needs to go back - another expense. The Firefly is great at what it's great at, but requires an excessive commitment, sad to say, in money and attention.

mulciber,

Hyphy

I had two new batteries when I bought the unit, and I had to buy a third after six months. That's $90 worth of batteries.
That's out of control.. but I get it's the cost of custom form factor batteries. The best 18650s for the arizer air are like $6 each. $90 could get me 15 batteries lol and would prob last 10? 20? years.

I'd have to impulse buy the FF if it's going to happen because the more I think about, the more reasons I come up with to not get it. Especially now with bluetooth apps and whatnot on the ff2, just more things to break..I'd end up throwing the thing through a window if it started having communication or other tech issues.

Hyphy,
Reactions: hafalump

YungLeaner

That's out of control.. but I get it's the cost of custom form factor batteries. The best 18650s for the arizer air are like $6 each. $90 could get me 15 batteries lol and would prob last 10? 20? years.

I'd have to impulse buy the FF if it's going to happen because the more I think about, the more reasons I come up with to not get it. Especially now with bluetooth apps and whatnot on the ff2, just more things to break..I'd end up throwing the thing through a window if it started having communication or other tech issues.
I would definitely acquire a used FF. They are widely available for 120ish dollars in fine condition. I myself was not enamored with the tech at all. Technique is one thing but 25 second inhales to get a cloud are another, and I had uneven cooking and combustion. Mine could have been defective but nothing about the device really appealed even when it worked correctly. If you're addicted to cool vapor add a water pipe to a setup. Or a glycerin chiller.

YungLeaner,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
With all the FF2 buzz.
Here's my FF1 Technique:
- Total draw time is about 20 seconds.
- Two button presses.
- You don't have to draw 20 seconds long
unless you want the amount of vapor shown here.
- It's essentially a low temp hit and high temp hit all In one.
- Press button and draw slow and steady.
- After about 12 seconds release and press button again while still drawing the whole time. Like shown here:

Last edited:
Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Astedra

25 second inhales to get a cloud are another, and I had uneven cooking and combustion. Mine could have been defective but nothing about the device really appealed even when it worked correctly. If you're addicted to cool vapor add a water pipe to a setup. Or a glycerin chiller.

It's worth it I use my ff as much as I use the crafty of course I only bought the ff in December.

Last edited:

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
FF1 owner looking for advice on using it with concentrates.

I just purchased a package of concentrate pads but have never used concentrates before. What is best to use with the FF1? Wax, shatter, or oil?

twigs,

YungLeaner

FF1 owner looking for advice on using it with concentrates.

I just purchased a package of concentrate pads but have never used concentrates before. What is best to use with the FF1? Wax, shatter, or oil?
Those are different words that could all be used to describe the same concentrate.

YungLeaner,

Hyphy

Those are different words that could all be used to describe the same concentrate.
Umm, no, they have different viscosity/stability. My guess is that oil may run into the unit if you're not careful. I only run shatter in a dab pen tho so I'm not sure what's best for the FF.

Hyphy,

YungLeaner

Umm, no, they have different viscosity/stability. My guess is that oil may run into the unit if you're not careful. I only run shatter in a dab pen tho so I'm not sure what's best for the FF.
Merely speaking from personal experience. A shatter on a warm day can turn to oil, or wax up, and oil is often used as a catch all term. If using a concentrate pad it should all be the same although hash and stuff with high plant matter content should not be used on a liquid pad. FF gets dirty quick with either

YungLeaner,
Reactions: ataxian

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just made a trade, acquiring a Firefly, and am very anxious to use it. I've been watching a lot of videos, and I don't think I'll have a problem with the learning curve as I already own a Magic Flight Launch Box, and they are very similar in technique.

Anything in particular I should know before I start to browse the thread? :)

mitchgo61

I just made a trade, acquiring a Firefly, and am very anxious to use it. I've been watching a lot of videos, and I don't think I'll have a problem with the learning curve as I already own a Magic Flight Launch Box, and they are very similar in technique.

The best-of thread is a pretty good distillation of the various approaches, if you haven't taken a look already. It can be fussy....for me a pretty dense pack, some pre-heating before you hit, and making sure you are taking long enough draws are my top recs. But everyone seems to have a different approach.

I'll be curious to hear how you get on. :)

mulciber

I just made a trade, acquiring a Firefly, ...

The green pulsating light is your friend and your guide. That's what I learned over time. Seems simple, but it took me a while. Good luck.

mulciber,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The best-of thread is a pretty good distillation of the various approaches, if you haven't taken a look already. It can be fussy....for me a pretty dense pack, some pre-heating before you hit, and making sure you are taking long enough draws are my top recs. But everyone seems to have a different approach.

I'll be curious to hear how you get on. :)

I finished my first session just now. I like it, and it's not hard for me to use at all. I really believe using the MFLB helps me know how to use the Firefly. I noticed that it does get very hot during a session, but it cools down quickly. :)

mitchgo61

I finished my first session just now. I like it, and it's not hard for me to use at all. I really believe using the MFLB helps me know how to use the Firefly. I noticed that it does get very hot during a session, but it cools down quickly. :)

Nice. Glad to hear you aren't having issues.

When it gets too hot, set it on a glass surface. The heat comes out of it almost immediately.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Yeah it's gets warm if you try to session with it.
Between all my vapes, the firefly has the coolest vapor. Many of my vapes give me chest problems because of harsh hot vapor, but not the firefly. Not to mention, one heck of a Vape signature. Glad you got yourself a FF.
:peace:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Between all my vapes, the firefly has the coolest vapor. Many of my vapes give me chest problems because of harsh hot vapor, but not the firefly. Not to mention, one heck of a Vape signature. Glad you got yourself a FF.

So, you're saying it's more of a "take a hit and set it down" kind of vaporizer?

Vicki,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
So, you're saying it's more of a "take a hit and set it down" kind of vaporizer?
Yes and yes. It can be either. You can definitely sesh with it, as I do every time. Typically when I use mine, I go for the plume of full spectrum vapor. So it's full bodied enough that I can wait about 5 minutes or so for my next hits.
It will get a little warm the more the heater is activated. This won't damage it in any way.

olympusmons76

agreed!and you can modify the lid so you don't even have to take the lid off to stir, super smooth vapor that way

Last edited by a moderator:

Astedra

Do you have 770 mah batteries with it? The firefly is great but I wouldn't be enjoying it with the 750 batteries.

I don't see the need for an upgrade to ff2 especially as I only got the original in December.

Last edited:

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
After 2 yrs & 4 mo my FF gave out on me this week. I was just starting a session when there was a tiny flash and a fizzle sound. No more glow no more heat no more vape. So off I went to the warranty claim process. I must say it's a bit bizarre. First, "Answer these six questions." OK, "now send us these four pictures". OK now I'm waiting ... I know, it's the weekend and I won't hear from them again until Monday at the earliest. Re-learning how to use my PAX2 and missing the flavor. I'm tempted to order the new Ff2 but can't quite bring myself to do that just yet.

twigs,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom