The FC Bubbler by PlanetVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Glad to see the new prototype, it's looking awesome!

Some ideas for the fc logo:

'.com' can be omitted as needed. Please vote here (note: the poll was set up to allow multiple selections but please vote for only one).

1. Standard placement
2. Diagonally spiralled around the downstem
3. Letters opposite each other.

The ratios for the typeface are 40/27/14

YNFvM.png

I know I mentioned it once, but I figure once more couldn't hurt...Any chance of getting the old green FuckCombustion logo on this?

Edit* I'm fine with the grayish color above, or like PV used in the most recent prototype pics, just not big on the blue color that is being used in the site logo, for the piece.

Either way, this is looking great so far! I'm glad I saw the banner about this thread a few weeks back, at the top of the forum...I'll be holding out for this to come out, rather than buying something else for glass.

Nic

Haven't read the whole thread but I'm curious about the hex base. Why is it designed with one of the points facing towards the user? Ehle does this as well and I can't figure out why. I have often tended to tilt the mouthpiece towards me depending on the height of the table it's sitting on. So wouldn't it be much better to have one of the flat sides of the hex facing towards the user? Surely others have used a bong like this?

I'm going to wager a guess that it has to do with axis of tilt and weight distribution. The mouthpiece adds weight towards that direction, so a flat side would negate the benefits of the hex shape. My guess is all hex bases are meant to be used on a flat surface more exclusively than other types.

HSIHP

Glad to see the new prototype, it's looking awesome!

I know I mentioned it once, but I figure once more couldn't hurt...Any chance of getting the old green FuckCombustion logo on this?

Edit* I'm fine with the grayish color above, or like PV used in the most recent prototype pics, just not big on the blue color that is being used in the site logo, for the piece.

Either way, this is looking great so far! I'm glad I saw the banner about this thread a few weeks back, at the top of the forum...I'll be holding out for this to come out, rather than buying something else for glass.

I'm pretty sure its gonna be "frosted" not painted, so no color.

HSIHP,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I like the round base. I don't like the hex base on this one.

Totally, the straight edges of the hexagon goes toward the overall roundness of the piece.
I also don't like the X l X l X on the new bubbler, I would prefer classic l l l l l l l shaped

PlanetVape guys, how much for the shipping to France ?

Roger D,

NewVape

What a guy!
I really like the latest prototype. Even my wife who doesn't vape or care about glass loves it. I think the hex base is adds the the look and I vote for keeping it. Although I've not seen the perc in action it looks good, and I think will be fairly smooth rather then chuggy.
Again PV thanks for taking our input it's exciting to be able to be part of the design process.

Any guesses when this will hit the production phase?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I think the hex base is better than the round, and as for the perc, unless the piranha would be feasible, then I am for whatever you decide on...and I'm loving the height now!

Yeah, that's why I edited my post...after looking at the proto pics more, I figured out it was gonna be a sandblasted logo, not a colored graphic. But, I'll leave my post anyhow; in the case that they do use a colored logo vs. the sandblasted.

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: Nic

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm going to wager a guess that it has to do with axis of tilt and weight distribution. The mouthpiece adds weight towards that direction, so a flat side would negate the benefits of the hex shape. My guess is all hex bases are meant to be used on a flat surface more exclusively than other types.
I believe that is the reasoning, Roor does it that way as well. I suppose it doesn't matter quite as much here since it's a dewaar joint and any pieces connected wil be centered.
This is correct. Sandblasted is the way to go since the logo will be inside the can on the downstem.

For those that missed it:

PlanetVape said:
close up shows new diffuser, with slits and X's, this is not the Piranha. The Piranha has very complicated cuts and we are still working on a way to build them cost effectively. We will need some testing time and report back.

One of the design goals outlined early on in this thread was high flow and minimal drag. Since no one has tried this bub and the design is not representative of the final product I don't think there's much sense in speculating too far into things.

We'll make a poll for the round vs hex base. Hopefully there's not too much difference in production cost. Edit: Vote here.

I like the round as well. I like the high taller rather than short. The new height is almost too short for me. I liked it more around 12 inches.

I think I voted for hex the first time around, but it looks a little jarring. I bet it's hella stable though.

I'm starting to agree that maybe taller is better. I envision sitting at my desk with my Solo permanently attached to the bubbler and never having to bend again...

Still wish removable mouthpiece was an option. I'd get both heights B)

kingofnull,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I think that a 9" total height is pretty standard for bubbler with a can this size. It allows the bub to be used hand-held or sitting on a desk. I think a longer neck would tend to interfere with hand-held use more than a 9" height would interfere with desk-top use. Plus it gives us an excuse to have bigger pieces. :D

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Although I'd be interested to see if it made much difference in practice. Either way, there would still end up being more glass on the table than with the circular base. Seems like the circular base might end up being the preferred option anyway. That's what I've voted for.

hazy,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Holy shit, I'm glad I noticed this thread. This is exactly the type of bub i've been looking to get for some time. I love my current setup, but I'd love something vertical like this that i could just leave my solo+gong stem perched on top of when i set it down.

Love that recessed (or whatever the fuck its technically called) joint, the low center of gravity and wide base... yes, all perfect! put me down for one. Check that - put me down for two!

I dont have much to add in way of suggestions, seems other members have done an excellent job in shaping the original prototype into a more ideal design. I do think it would be cool if you had an option for ppl to get their FC usernames on there somewhere for a little more $.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I have a feeling that since their other pieces selling are 18mm that this may be made the same ?

smokum,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Edit: my idea was already posted by PV

I suppose the number of people who would pass the deal because it didn't say FuckCombustion as opposed to e.g. FC is a larger force than those who would OK FC w/o a problem but not FUCK on it. Apparently there would be a loss either way with a larger loss to those requiring FUCK and refusing to purchase if it has 'just'' FC than the other way... It's all marketing and I guess you guys have all this figured out. Just thought my different perspective would be of some merit but clearly not . . . Now I'm wondering why my screen says FC Bubbler and not Fuck Combustion Bubbler because that's just a misnomer relying on a proven market stratety of using a word vs a series of 2 letters...

Im not positive, but I believe there have been several different sources and ideas for a Fuck Combustion Bubbler. I think whoever originally came up with the idea just started saying FC so they didnt have to type out both words everytime, but I could be wrong. Wenever I send emails to componanies I always type FC because its alot easier and most vape companies know what FC stands for. On my vapor bubbler though, which would mostly be used by non vaporists (most of my friends) I like having the full words because A) save time on answering questions about what FC stands for, and B) i dont want anyone getting the impression that when were done vaping they can borrow and smoke out of it. (Like i said previously)

Also, if I have a bubbler layingout, I think anyone that would be offended that Fuck is on it, probably would be offended that I had a bubbler in the first place. I cant think of anyone I would have this around that would be offended by Fuck. Seriously, its not 1950 anymore.

From the mouth of Jay, "Fuck fuck fuck, mother mother fuck, mother mother fuck fuck, mother fuck, mother fuck, noise noise"

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
:tup: for the Jay reference.

Plus, I agree. If they're offended by "fuck" they're most likely going to be offended by the bubbler. Not an absolute, but a pretty safe bet.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Another great poll, we voted no preference to stay neutral. We also posted this in the FC Bubbler Base Style Vote thread.

The orientation of the hex base is such that the flat part will rest along the table edge to bring the mouthpiece closer to you = less bending forward. The hex base is very wide, heavy and stable as well as raising the height of the mouthpiece by almost an inch without needing a longer gooseneck.

The hex base is produced for scientific grade glass instruments to keep them level and stable and fits the FC Bubbler can size perfectly, if you look at the weld, it looks almost like one piece with the can. The hex base is less expensive to use because of the labor needed to turn a round one on the lathe. The hex base was suggested by an FC member and seeing as it cost slightly less to use due to labor savings, we used those savings to put towards increasing the glass wall thickness from 2.2 to 3.2mm heavy wall glass. We will need to check again about pricing for round base and 3.2mm heavy wall glass.

In the end both bases are very stable and more or less just boils down to personal preference, smokum makes a good point that if you needed to tilt it back or forth for any reason, the flat edge of the hex base will make it a lot easier to keep stable while tilted.

PV

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Another great poll, we voted no preference to stay neutral. We also posted this in the FC Bubbler Base Style Vote thread.

The orientation of the hex base is such that the flat part will rest along the table edge to bring the mouthpiece closer to you = less bending forward. The hex base is very wide, heavy and stable as well as raising the height of the mouthpiece by almost an inch without needing a longer gooseneck.

The hex base is produced for scientific grade glass instruments to keep them level and stable and fits the FC Bubbler can size perfectly, if you look at the weld, it looks almost like one piece with the can. The hex base is less expensive to use because of the labor needed to turn a round one on the lathe. The hex base was suggested by an FC member and seeing as it cost slightly less to use due to labor savings, we used those savings to put towards increasing the glass wall thickness from 2.2 to 3.2mm heavy wall glass. We will need to check again about pricing for round base and 3.2mm heavy wall glass.

In the end both bases are very stable and more or less just boils down to personal preference, smokum makes a good point that if you needed to tilt it back or forth for any reason, the flat edge of the hex base will make it a lot easier to keep stable while tilted.

PV

IMO, this pretty much settles the round vs. hex debate. Great info/insight into why the hex base. Any where cost can be cut, and function/form added, is a plus!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
:tup: for the Jay reference.

Plus, I agree. If they're offended by "fuck" they're most likely going to be offended by the bubbler. Not an absolute, but a pretty safe bet.

Haha yeah Jay just came to me during my rant, and i felt it appropriate for what I was talking about.

Also while I like the round base, if that meant having 2.2 mm thickness, then im all for the hex base. Plus I feel like it would be harder to knock over the hex then the round but i could be wrong

max

Out to lunch
PlanetVape said:
:tup: I agree with your priorities in putting wall thickness ahead of a more costly round base. Thicker glass would pry the $ out of my wallet much more easily than a round base, and the extra cost of both thick glass and a round base would put me off.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The hex base is very wide, heavy and stable as well as raising the height of the mouthpiece by almost an inch without needing a longer gooseneck.

I wanna switch my vote to the Hex base then. I need all the height I can get on this thing.

I think that a 9" total height is pretty standard for bubbler with a can this size. It allows the bub to be used hand-held or sitting on a desk. I think a longer neck would tend to interfere with hand-held use more than a 9" height would interfere with desk-top use. Plus it gives us an excuse to have bigger pieces. :D

I agree that 9 inches seems to be the standard. Which is also why I don't like most bubblers. It is a personal preference. I am very tall... so most things are not designed for me. Personally, 9 inch Bubblers are about 3 inches too short for me. It makes it so I have to bend over further which stresses my back. Imagine quasimodo... that is how I look hunched over hitting a short bubbler.

I did not think about holding it. I don't hold my Bubblers anymore. I could see how it would make it a little difficult to hold with a longer neck. I prefer for a Bubbler/tube to be long enough that I can set it in my lap and still reach my mouth. In general though for me anything below 10 inches is an automatic no buy for me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom