The FC Bubbler by PlanetVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Hi FC,

Welcome to The FC Bubbler by PlanetVape thread.
We have the first prototype to show. It is based off the many great suggestions in placetime’s unofficial-fc-bubbler-thread
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-unofficial-fc-bubbler-thread.6531

Some of our the design goals taken from that great thread are:
  • All GonG
  • Completely Hand made in North America, everything on it is made in North America
  • Borosilicate Glass – 3.2mm thick
  • Gridded Shower head diffusion or a showerhead that is short, fat, and low down requiring little water
  • Showerhead that is braced at the bottom
  • Strong mouthpiece connection at the body
  • Dewaar joint - both a 14mm available and an 18mm model shown
  • Wide circular base, currently at 4.75” diameter makes it very stable even with a heavy vape on top
  • Height about 12 inches tall total, can is about 4” high and about 60mm wide, vapor centric, minimal air space
  • L shape connection where the mouthpiece meets the body. Makes it easy to rest on the back of the thumb
  • End of mouthpiece that is slightly oval to better match your mouth, current prototype is circular
  • Smooth backwards sweep of the mouthpiece – keeps the vapes away from your face a little more
  • Clear glass with FC logo showing through from the base and a small PlanetVape logo on back

We are hoping to get the cost down to around 159.95 and we are now asking the FC community for input for a consensus on any design changes. Let us know your thoughts and lets be considerate of others suggestions and ideas. The current glass thickness is 2.2mm and we are working to get it to 3.2mm for the same cost, it might not be possible to do the thicker glass for this price due to many factors.

After a week of testing, we really like it. It fires nicely with even a very soft pull and the mouthpiece is the perfect height for sitting at a desk. We have a different slit pattern in mind called the Piranha after which the bubbler might be named, we will post a drawing of the slit pattern soon.

We will ship internationally to all the destinations listed at our website. Due to the already discounted FC price, discount codes and free shipping will not be available on the FC Bubbler.

Here are the pics of the first prototype.
Peace and Love,
PV

CKN1k.png

7z6EU.png

FYPPq.png

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Thanks stickstones, the design is a collaboration of ideas from FC and so will any design changes.
PV

PlanetHaze,
Reactions: placetime

u bwade wunner

Congratulations.It looks great.

Good points

I like the angle of the mouthpiece, when in use youre eyes fall directly onto the can allowing you to see the vapor forming which is something I have been looking for.The height is perfect.

Issues

I have one concern about the strength and aesthetics of the gooseneck.how strong is the weld onto the body? if I am allowed to be critical and anal:shrug: I would prefer a higher fatter can and a shorter fatter neck because of looks mainly and strength..:2c: less leverage on the neck weld.I would be scared stiff moving it around too.

Jeez you really listened though.what a team:rockon:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I like the design, size, and features....

My only concern (which wld prevent me from buying one), is the long joined stem. Maybe you could consider for future possibilities of a jointed stem assy to allow safe storage as well as an easier cleaning ?

I also like the scientific glass look with no heady stuff (personal choice, meh), nor splashy label.

Thanks PV, for your involvement with the community ;)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Nice work and really solid design. The clean scientific glass is beautiful.

The base looks heavy to keep her from tipping. The flared mouthpiece is a nice accent, I take it the users lips go on the inside right?

Steele Concept,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Nice work and really solid design. The clean scientific glass is beautiful.

The base looks heavy to keep her from tipping. The flared mouthpiece is a nice accent, I take it the users lips go on the inside right?

Thanks Steele Concept, yes the lips go on the inside. This one is round, but we want to try one a little more flared and slightly oval to better match the natural shape of your mouth.

We photochopped the original picture to get an idea of the perfect mouthpiece stem length etc. There are trade offs for every change, the original size kept your face further from vapes such as the herbalAire, Solo, Cloud, Extreme Q etc. and was the perfect height when sitting at a desk to keep your head straight.

The shortened mouthpiece stem length will bring your face closer to the vape and will require slight bending down to the mouthpiece. The positives are it looks better, easier to transport and store, less prone to being knocked over and less surface area for resin accumulation.

The welds are very strong, we can grab it by the mouthpiece and swing it around, shake violently and apply force and it won't break. We can take a close up picture of the neck weld if anyone is interested in that.

What is the consensus on the shortened version?
PV

ClE85.png

u bwade wunner

I think that will work for me too. the angled mouthpiece means you dont have to strain youre neck much at just under 10in.Also means the 4.75 inch base will be super stable.Its much sexier now too:evil: Nice work guys.how does the shwrhd stack?

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: VapoRoor

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I like the look of the stubby :tup:
IMO, the original looked a little bit frankenstein-y with the extended neck.
I also thought the mouthpiece (on the original) looked like it would make Bub a bit more prone to tipping if bumped.

I like the sound of the new slit placement idea.
Cant wait to see how that turns out :brow:
:clap:

Frederick McGuire,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Stubby:mmmm:
If I weren't still saving my money for the VXC itself I would go for it. This piece looks ideal for the VXC. It has everything. FC sign on it being the cherry on the cake. Too bad I can't afford it right now. FC is sure hard on wallet :).

Also, would like to see the other perc.

Seek,

Ville23

I'm going with the Stubby too!
Damn nice PV!

As Seek said...looks nice & Cloud friendly :rockon:

Ville23,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I was really liking the taller/original one. As a taller person with chronic back pain, bending over to hit a bubbler sitting on my desk can sometimes be quite painful. I actually don't use many bubblers for that reason. I think I have used my DavidGoldstein mini-can maybe 3 times on my desk. Ever other time I have had to hold it for comfort.

I was really excited to see that original version was longer. It would mean I would not have to bend over so far to reach the mouthpiece. That extra 3 inches between the original and stubby would be a huge huge plus in my book. I hope you keep the original length for that reason.

Maybe call it "The Tall Boy"

Are you planning on offering all three?

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Are you planning on offering all three?
That's gotta be a good plan, though it looks like demand for the stubby is highest. I too like the stubby the best (it looks like like a Mobius Ion), but I think there would be some market for a short and long version, if not all 3. If they worked well then I 'd say there's even potential for some of the more compulsive of collectors on here to get one of each.

WatTyler,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom