• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme Vaporizer aka V-Tower Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Edit: The new Extreme Vaporizer thread is here!

The other thread was regarding the Extreme vs the Herbalaire. I think everyone here agrees that the Extreme is the winner. It has more features and uses glass with a ceramic heater, trumping the Herbalaire's teflon.

So, I think the Extreme deserves its own thread. Tips, tricks or anything regarding the Extreme Vaporizer.

Official Website
YouTube Videos

I want one. :(

Edit: I'll try to post some of the good tips here so people don't have to sift through 10 pages.

Extreme balloon assembly instructions by Rockwise. (Under the Products section)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have to admit, I'm not doing much experimentation yet. I'm still so new and stoked on the vape thing that I just leave it on 340C no matter what and get blazed.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
From your other posts it sounds like you're enjoying the balloon, have you tried running the stem through a water pipe as shown in the video? Mainly I'm just wondering about the connection.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have not done that. In fact, I just used the whip tonight for probably only the third time. I would love some tips on how to get thick hits of the whip...then after I get that working I can run it through some water.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I replied to your whip thread, but here are some thoughts specific to the extreme...

The extreme seems to use a fairly large bowl, it also uses that cyclone action. I'm not entirely sure how that affects whip usage, but in the video demonstration, the creator said he used around half a gram in the bowl. I assume you're using a lot less than that, so maybe a little more would help produce a thicker vapor with the whip?

Can you run the whip through water? I thought it was just the balloon that had the connection.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm not sure what you mean by the connection, but the whip would probably work better through water. There are no formal 'connections' on the unit, just glass tubes that you suck on. Although, blowing up the bag and then sticking it into the stem of a bong would be cool.

BTW, I just got a scale today, so Iwill be able to tell you how much I am using.

stickstones,

SuperFire

Hello everyone, I'm new to the vaporizer game. I'm tryin to do something healthier than the multiple-blunts-per-day habit that I have. We have some really potent shit here in the northwest, and I would love to try it out with a vaporizer. Money is not a problem for me but I also love saving! and I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to buy an Extreme or a Volcano. Seems like the extreme has more features for a lower price. any suggestions?

I've been told that the vaporizer high is different then blunts/joints.

can anyone who smokes blunts compare?

Also, how strong is the weed smell after using the Extreme?

SuperFire,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
What's up, man, gotta love the Northern touch! :spliff:

I'm the only poor sap on here that doesn't own an extreme, but I'm hearing nothing but good things. The volcano does a great job with balloons, but that's about it. Some people love 'em but I'm all about the whip, probably cause I loved hittin' bongs when I smoked. The ability to do both is a huge plus.

Aside from all the features on the extreme, the thing I like is its focus on inert materials-- all glass air path and ceramic heater. The volcano uses an aluminum heating block... which should be safe at the operating temperatures, but I'd just rather have ceramic. Even if the extreme cost the same as a volcano, there'd still be no question in my mind.

I've been told that the vaporizer high is different then blunts/joints.
Any buzz is subject to personal interpretation, but yeah, vaporizing is subjecting your herb to lower temperatures than combustion/burning. Typically this means you're getting a higher percentage of THC and less CBD, CBN. Most people I know describe it as a more cerebral buzz and I would agree. Rest assured, you can get absolutely ripped if you want, more so than smoking, and with a lot less herb. Everyone I've vaped with tends to agree on that.

Also, how strong is the weed smell after using the Extreme?
Should be the same as any other good vape: very light, sweet aroma... similar to how the bud smells. Compared to smoking, you barely notice it at all. It doesn't linger in the room or in your clothes... any smell is gone within minutes.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
I'm not sure what you mean by the connection, but the whip would probably work better through water. There are no formal 'connections' on the unit, just glass tubes that you suck on. Although, blowing up the bag and then sticking it into the stem of a bong would be cool.

BTW, I just got a scale today, so Iwill be able to tell you how much I am using.
In the demonstration vid, he showed the balloon hooking into a water pipe, I assumed that was the only way. If you can set the whip up through water, even better. :D

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
I put about 0.3 and it's enough for me but you must make a little practice for the whip!
If you stay close to a light you'll see the vapor in the whip dome when you suck the right way.... start slow then increase until you are full!
I don't like water pipe but i'm sure you can connect the whip mouthpiece to one if you prefer this method.
I found a nice way to reuse the oil from whip and ballon whip!!
I'll pass the tip in the right thread!!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
One big up to Steve the Extreme's creator.....
I broke the ballon glasspiece and told him to send a replacement and he sent me one with some screens the same day for free!!no ? no $ at all!
This is a real customer service for me!

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I don't like water pipe but i'm sure you can connect the whip mouthpiece to one if you prefer this method.
The video on youtube was small and grainy, but thinking back, the extreme's whip mouthpiece was pretty much a glass stem. But, and I guess this goes for the balloon's stem as well, how is an airtight seal formed when inserted into the bong?

I found a nice way to reuse the oil from whip and ballon whip!!
This wouldn't be that vapobutter you hinted at, would it? :D

I broke the ballon glasspiece and told him to send a replacement and he sent me one with some screens the same day for free!!no ? no $ at all!
That's great to know for extreme owners... and potential buyers. :tup:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That's funny Marcuss...I broke the same piece of glass on my unit the first night I tried to use it (it was a disaster, remember?). I figured it was my fault since I was a newbie. I sanded the thing down until it wasn't sharp anymore and am still using it.

On the customer service side...my unit is beeping randomly when powered off. I emailed Steve and he offered to send me a new unit. I am going to try some tests on it first, as I don't want him to do that if there is something else making it beep. But I am definitely sold on the customer service these guys have. For me, great customer service more than makes up for mistakes and problems, and Steve is definitely proving to be great in that area.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Superfire...

If you poke around on this site, you will see that for me it was between the Extreme and the Herbalaire 2.1. They both have similar features and are in the same price range. The Volcano was also an option for me, but only at a discount on ebay.

I have used the Volcano before and loved it. I was at a friends house and it was my first vape experience. I loved how the mouthpiece on the bag keeps the vapor in the bag until you are ready to take a hit.

However, being totally new to vaporizers, I wanted to have the whip option available to me as well. That made the Extreme and the Herbalaire attractive to me. The Herbalaire would have been a good deal at $50 less, and I found a site that offered a free Vaporgenie with it as well. In the end, I went with the Extreme for all the features and the stealth nature of it. I have three kids and they are in my office all the time. I have it sitting out in plain view with the potpourrie in it and have not had any second questions about it. In addition, I can set it up, turn it on and hook up the whip and run the whip down the side of my desk. Then I can take a hit when no one is around in about 10 seconds...it is the ultimate stealth hitting! The hitting of the whip on demand is awesome...it just sits there not wasting my herb waiting for me to hit it at my convenience.

So far I have been very pleased with my unit (even with the above mentioned beeping) and even more pleased with the company. I highly recommend dealing with them. The remote is great, too. I can start the bag fill and walk over to my wife's desk and hang with her. No need to run over when it is full, just use the remote!

The high for me is not different...only stronger and with less herb. I get two bags worth off one pinch of herb (weighs less than 0.1 grams) and that is all I need until the next run in an hour or two.

The vapor has a weak smell that goes away fairly quickly. I don't think anyone would even recognize the smell unless they vaped before. I personally don't notice a lingering smell, but my wife does occassionally. She is notorious for having a sensitive nose.

Bottom line Superfire...I would recommend the Extreme over the Volcano simply for the price and features. I feel like I have everything I could want in a vaporizer in one package at half the cost of a Volcano. If I didn't have any stealth issues and never wanted to use a whip I might opt for the Volcano, but you won't know the answers to those questions until you already have a vaporizer.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Marcuss...please clariy what the oil from the whip and balloon is. The stem that hooks up to my balloon is starting to get a little yellow color to it and I was wondering what that was. Is that what you are talking about?

stickstones,

SuperFire

Cool, yea I'm feelin the Extreme more so than the Volcano at this point. I haven't smoked for about a week now due to court related issues, and I'm sure my tolerance is back to low. The fact that you can even use it with a pinch of bud is crucial. I'm one of those people who only needs a little to be blown. Good lookin on your insight sticks.

I plan on getting the Extreme on eBay. Anyone know anywhere else thats cheaper?

SuperFire,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
eBay is the only place you can get it, unless they added some somewhere else in the last two weeks...but I doubt it. They have a store there, but not selling much more than this item, as I recall.

If you're patient, you can bid and get it for as little as $250 or $260. I wasn't patient and got mine at $300 for the BuyItNow option. I mentioned somewhere on this forum that they sent it to me the same day I ordered it...I likey! (btw, shipping is included to Canada and the US.)

If you do not already have one, I would HIGHLY recommend a grinder. I got my grinder a few weeks before I got a vape and was using less herb after grinding even when smoking it. A grinder and a vape combined have cut way down on my intake.

Dude, you're so gonna love vaping. I turned on my unit at the beginning of this post and I am so lit right now. The best thing is what I put in it. I took a tiny bit of NYC Diesel I've been saving. I'm talking tiny...about the same pinch I normally put in, but more than half of it was ground stems! You can vape stems and get whatever thc is on them out of them and not get a gnarley headache like when you smoke them. This is the shit!

Can't..........type..............anymore...............stickstones..............out

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
yes stickstones! that yellow is the strongest stuff you can get from your plant!!!
I'd like to open a thread for this fruity extract..I don't know if anybody has already gave it a name but for sure i'll name it "Extra Virgin Vapoil"
Tomorrow finally is sunday and i'll write down a simple way to make the thickest ballon you ever see!!
Vapor is our best friend!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yes marcuss...you are my hero! Start a thread and please include how to best remove it from the tubing.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
A follow up on this company...

My unit is on the fritz. Not only is it beeping when turned off, but last night the temperature was uncontrollable and the fan came on by itself at one point. Clearly my unit has a bad controller in it somewhere. I sent an e-mail to the company last night asking for the new unit they told me I could have.

I got an email back this morning with a paypal confirmation that they have already shipped me my new unit today! I'll tell you, everyone gets defective products in their mix, but what makes a company worth its salt is how they take care of the problems. I am VERY impressed with these guys. I would highly recommend buying from these guys, even if they do have an occassional defective unit. They obviously care about the customer and want to make us happy.

In the meantime, I went out and bought the VaporGenie I was on the fince about. Looks like I will have a few days to get good at it until my new unit comes in. I'm really looking forward to getting good at it and being able to vape anywhere!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Shipped out on a Saturday no less... kudos to Arizer, clearly they stand behind their product. That's the first v-tower extreme failure I've heard about so far.

I'll tell you, everyone gets defective products in their mix, but what makes a company worth its salt is how they take care of the problems.
Well said. :tup:

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
eBay is the only place you can get it, unless they added some somewhere else in the last two weeks...but I doubt it. They have a store there, but not selling much more than this item, as I recall.
I think they recently started selling it directly from their website as well. www.arizer.com

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Superfire...did you get your vaporizer yet? Interested to hear what you got and how you like it.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom