The Extreme Vaporizer aka V-Tower Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Am I the only one out here for the last few days?
The weekend was one big vapor hit. :D

Still waiting on your new extreme? Customs usually adds another day or so. :mad:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yup...still waiting. Although I have been able to use my VaporGenie a few times. That thing is cool, and surprisingly, fun to learn to use. Finding that fine line between vapor and smoke is tricky, but I have been able to get something every time. My first impression would be that it is not as smooth or tasty as the Extreme. Also, it seems to use up the herb faster. But it will do just fine when out and about.

I will probably get my Extreme tomorrow or Thursday. Tha last one came on Friday, but they had ice stomrs in Canada that slowed it down.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah, the vaporgenie works well in a tight spot. It's light years from my SSV, but still a giant leap from combustion. I never really mastered it, most people who have can gauge the right temp from the sensations in their mouth.

Hope you get your new baby soon. :)

vtac,

SuperFire

No, I haven't bought one yet, but I also haven't changed my mind about getting one. Hopefully by next week I'll have one and I'll post up my experience!

SuperFire,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Sweet...you'll love it. In just one month, I have only combusted once. I'll never go back. I've got my VaporGenie when in a pinch and my Extreme for every night and then some. I really love my Extreme and the company, problems notwithstanding. If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy the Extreme over everything else I have seen.

stickstones,

vaporPRO

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum but I've had the extreme for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I almost always use the bags, and I personally find that I get the best extraction when I have it set at the maximum temp (350 C or 670 F). I like how, even at this temperature, my bud will never burn. If I'm with a friend of mine, well put in enough for a half a bowl (not a lot at all), and we'll keep filling up bags until no more vapor comes out at all. It depends on the bud but the stuff I have now will fill up six (huge) bags, with the first four being cloudy, the fifth still being nice, and the sixth bag being mostly transparent- but you can tell that theres vapor in it.
I like how the bowl is clear glass because you can actually see the bud turn from light green to brown.
My good friend has a volcano and my brother has a herbalaire, and while I like both of theirs (and have a special bond with the volcano since it was the first vap I ever hit), I have to say i like mine the most w/o even considering their prices. Also I bought mine for $250 with shipping, which is way cheaper than the volcano. Before I got the extreme, i was looking to buy used volcanos on ebay but even they were $400+.
The extreme vap heats up really fast wrt the other two. It came with two bags with mouthpieces which is great because after you finish filling up a bag, you can fill up the second one while you are hitting the first bag.
Both the herbalaire and volcano will burn the bud if they are put on their highest level, and this does not happen with the extreme. Don't know if this is a good or bad thing.
I love how it is all glass with a ceramic heater. It tastes really good. Also, the remote is awesome, I don't know why more vaps dont have one.
Since the air intake is underneath the vaporizer, you can fill up bags faster if you prop the vap on top of something that allows air to come in freely underneath it.
I think just from the way the herbalaire's bowl is designed, it is the most efficient out of the three, but only by a little bit. It can be tough sometimes though with the herbalaire or volcano to not burn the bud but still get the maximum extraction.

vaporPRO,

marcuss

above the clouds
Ciao vaporPRO and welcome!!

I'm glad to know you are in love with the Extreme! I'm in love with mine too and hope that postman make my friend stickstone smile soon!
I start write down my vapoil recepy right now...check it out later!!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
marcuss said:
Ciao vaporPRO and welcome!!

I'm glad to know you are in love with the Extreme! I'm in love with mine too and hope that postman make my friend stickstone smile soon!
I start write down my vapoil recepy right now...check it out later!!
I can't wait, marcuss...both for the mail post and your post!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great to have you here, vaporPRO. Thanks for the tips...especially the two bag rotation and the increased air intake. Those are great ideas that I have to put into practice! (BTW, is the fan quieter when you give it more room to intake?)

That's some crazy shit gettin' SIX bags off a bowl! I usually get just two, with the second being weak. If I do a third, I know it is done. By this time the herb is brown and I throw it in a bag that is getting bigger by the day! My friend came over last week to try a vaporizer for the first time. He loved it and was equally impressed that what I had left over after use was something that he would like to smoke!

I have mine set at 340C all the time. I haven't even begun to experiment with temp changes. Do you find that the 350C gets you more vapor than the 340C I have been using?

Finally, any tips on securing the bags to the glass stem? I found that to be a huge bitch and gave up...I've never done it before.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vaporPRO said:
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum but I've had the extreme for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I almost always use the bags, and I personally find that I get the best extraction when I have it set at the maximum temp (350...
Welcome to the party. :wave:

Yet another happy extreme owner... Good to hear, especially since you've used the volcano and herbalaire. Honestly, I really want the Extreme to succeed; on paper it's head and shoulders above the competition.

The vapor is strong. :D

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
I like to see this forum getting bigger and i think in a short time we'll be lots of vapeheads sharing our knowledge to each other without force anyone to buy this or that!
We must fight for a equal price! i cannot understant why i must pay 500? for a piece that come out from china at 50? maybe less!

Vapor democracy vs. Company's commericial ads

Vote for a better vapor!!

We can WIN!

we are worldwide!:)

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'll say it again...this company is great!

Just got my replacement unit today. Both the original shipment and the replacement took exactly one week. These guys don't play around when it comes time to ship items. Both times they had it out the same day.

They even included an extra bowl for my troubles!

I love the product and I love the company!

Vape on, brothers, here I come!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok, I'm with vaporPRO here...350C is where it's at! I just got the most whiptastic hit off the whip with that temp. It was my first truly thick whip hit ever...and it ROCKS! Then I got another three good, thick hits, but not as thick as the first. That first one, man...I could see opaque vapor all the way up the tubing...mmmmmmm.

I can hardly think right now...will check in later...MUCH later!

P.S. -- I think 350C is as high as the Extreme goes.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hell yeah! Just in time for the weekend. Glad you got some whip action going, welcome to flavor country. :D

So the Extreme has that cyclone/tornado bowl... do you never have to stir it around at all?

Vape on, brotha!

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
marcuss said:
I like to see this forum getting bigger and i think in a short time we'll be lots of vapeheads sharing our knowledge to each other without force anyone to buy this or that!
We must fight for a equal price! i cannot understant why i must pay 500? for a piece that come out from china at 50? maybe less!

Vapor democracy vs. Company's commericial ads

Vote for a better vapor!!

We can WIN!

we are worldwide!:)
Fully agree with you on this. There are far too many junk vaporizers being marketed as "the best" by shady companies and sold at ridiculous prices. Not good for the vapor movement.

Vote marcuss 2008!

:cheers:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapor tactician said:
Hell yeah! Just in time for the weekend. Glad you got some whip action going, welcome to flavor country. :D

So the Extreme has that cyclone/tornado bowl... do you never have to stir it around at all?

Vape on, brotha!
I stir it between every bag, and between every few drags when whipping it. Sometimes I will do a quick and short suck and blow on the whip [insert sex joke here] to move it around instead of stirring it up. So yes, you have to stir it. I notice more vapor on the second bag when I stir it first.

My second run at the whip last night was not as fruitful. I still got all the vapor I wanted because in the end the herb was brown like with the bag, but I didn't get a monster vape hit...just a LOT of smaller hits. I will need to continue practicing because I may never forget that really good hit last night! It will become the holy grail for me to do that regularly!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Preach it marcuss! You are my hero...I wish I could vape my own herb...wish I could grow!

I really think the Extreme may be that type of vaporizer that changes things up. The more I think about its design, the more I realize how much thought they put into it. Granted, I don't have experience with other vapes, but this one is so flexible:

--whip or vape, even off the same bowl -- it's easy to change because the whip and the bag both plug into the same bowl.
--stealth look with the potpourrie
--all glass and ceramic
--three speed fan
--remote control
--cool looking blue light underneath that you can turn on and off
--easy to change multiple mouthpieces and a glass stirring stick
--display that shows everything...temp set, actual temp, fan speed, timer countdown (which I love because I can see how often I am hitting it!)
--a company that backs it up and takes care of its customers
--and a price that makes others look like a rip off

All it needs is a clock!

stickstones,

Renski

Has anyone experience the following situation?

- High Temp (340-350) ---> dense vapor, less quality hits

- Lower Temp (300-320) --> less dense, more quality hits

What's your preference?

Renski,

dakrusch

hey guys i got the extreme today and am trying to use it. for the whip, what is the best temp in Fahrenheit to get thc vapor. i am having trouble because i am not getting hardly any visible vapor from it. please help. thanks

dakrusch,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Renski said:

What's your preference?
Can't say that I've tried the extreme yet. :( But, the same question can be asked of my SSV.

Personally I prefer setting the unit to the low end of the vaporizing temp range and using my lungs to regulate the air speed. In my thinking:

- lower temps = minimized unwanted byproducts / cleaner vapor / no chance of scorching
- vaped herb stays chock full of goodness for cooking
- ability to milk more hits out of one bowl

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
dakrusch said:
hey guys i got the extreme today and am trying to use it. for the whip, what is the best temp in Fahrenheit to get thc vapor. i am having trouble because i am not getting hardly any visible vapor from it. please help. thanks
Congrats on your purchase.

The temp most agreed upon for the Extreme seems to be 335C (635F) and up. Sounds high, but keep in mind that the temp being reported is the temp of the heater. By the time air passes over the heater and hits your herb it's going to be lower. The manufacturer said it's about 100C (212F) lower, if I remember correctly.

As stickstones said a few posts up, he's had good luck with the whip at higher temps. It really just takes some experimentation and practice to see what works for you.

Happy vapor trails. :D

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
dakrusch said:
What is your experience level? I am a newbie to the whole thing, so for me using the bag is the easiest way to go. But I am convinced after last night that whip hits can be much more potent.

I went with 350C last night (sorry, I don't use it in fahrenheit) and got cooked the first time, but not as good results the second time. Although I consistently get decent hits off the whip, only once have I seen vapor in the tube. You should be plenty lit up even if you don't see the vapor...but when you do see it, look out!

It's tricky because the temp is only part of the equation. You gotta find what temp works best with the speed of your pulls. I'll post what works best for me when I figure it out! :)

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Renski said:

What's your preference?
I haven't played with it much, but I am either on 340 or 350 all the time so far. The only difference I've seen so far is that at 350 I can get more visible vapor in my second and third bags. I don't know that I've noticed a difference in the quality of the hits as it relates to the temp, as I tend to mix up my herb anyhow. I've been on a three varietal rotation lately, and have been vaping them all the same so I can get a feel for the differences in the herb.

I think the most telling thing I have heard so far is that the manufacturer uses his at 340C.

I tried whipping it at 300C (I was inspired by Renski's post in another thread about this vaporizer) once and got nowhere...but again, I am new to this whip thing. I think you probably have more experience than I with the whip.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom