The Extreme Vaporizer aka V-Tower Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakrusch

how come the vapor wont come out for the normal temp ranges for thc? i thought it was like 330-365 F or something, not 600!!

dakrusch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
dakrusch said:
how come the vapor wont come out for the normal temp ranges for thc? i thought it was like 330-365 F or something, not 600!!
I'm no expert here, but I think you are in error here. I've read that the temp in Celsius in 180 - 250 or something like that. I'm sure someone else around here can correct me on this.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Most of the studies I've read have the vaporization point of thc at around 180C (365F)+ with combustion taking place at 230C (446F).

vapor tactician said:
keep in mind that the temp being reported (by the Extreme) is the temp of the heater. By the time air passes over the heater and hits your herb it's going to be lower. The manufacturer said it's about 100C (212F) lower, if I remember correctly.
But I mean, if you're getting vapor and your herb isn't burning, it's working. Right? If you're concerned about your health like me, just find the lowest setting that produces vapor and stay in that area.

vtac,

dakrusch

do ya think the guy who made the extreme did this on purpose? i think its a dope vape no doubt, but i would think he would have mentioned somewhere that the temp of the heater is different from the temp of the herbs. i was doin 365 for awhile and thought somethin was wrong with it.

dakrusch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I assume you mean 365F (180C). I thought the same thing and the first night I got it I couldn't get any vapor...went back to smoking for a night until marcuss told me I had to go 100C higher due to this difference.

I'm not sure, but I think all the digital vaproizers have this issue. They can only measure the temp of the element, not the temp of the air passing over the herbs. It makes sense to me now, since the temp of the air varies depending on the speed of the airflow. Maybe the Extreme makers understand this as common knowledge, but as a first timer, it messed me up, too.

The thing that really messed me up was the video that comes with it. He says to start at 250C and go up until you find your sweet spot. Well shit man, if dope don't vaporize until 180C, and the unit is 100C hotter than the air then the dope has no hope of vaporizing for another 30C increase. Thank the heavens for a site like this where people have helped me get it straight. I gotta think the THC led them to not get the best instructions out there...the same THC that had them make such a killer vape for a low price!

stickstones,

dakrusch

haha yeah man thanks great advice. what temp do you vape your medical legal herbs? In Fahrenheit please, lol

dakrusch,

marcuss

above the clouds
stickstones said:
340C or 652F
350C or 670F
Yes this is the right temp to get your plant vaporized but i usually start at 330-335C and then add a 5C after the first two bags or whips to cook it well!!
In this way i see that i can take all from my plant and its nice flavor last longer!
I think they say to start lower because it depends on which plant you vaporize,
Lots of them needs lowers temps..but if you like the holy plant you must go higher!!!

Vapor rules...you just need more confidence!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
Here my lovely side table born for the extreme!
Airflow uber alles!!

marcuss-extreme-airflow.jpg

marcuss,

dakrusch

Niiice. Haha that table works perfectly. Thanks for the help. The Extreme pretty much dominates.

dakrusch,

evey

you guys have me convinced to buy one now too. I had been thinking about buying the volcano, but after seeing this, why spend the money? One question for those who have ordered one, what is the packaging like, is it discrete? My packages get delivered to the neighbors a lot, so hopefully it is.

evey,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
evey said:
you guys have me convinced to buy one now too. I had been thinking about buying the volcano, but after seeing this, why spend the money? One question for those who have ordered one, what is the packaging like, is it discrete? My packages get delivered to the neighbors a lot, so hopefully it is.
Welcome aboard! :wave:

...and good question. If you're in the states, it'll be coming across the border afaik (Canada), so there will definitely be a list of the package contents for customs. I'm sure one of the fine Extreme owners here can shed some light on that.

When I got my SSV they (different company) were really good with such things. It was listed as an "Aromatherapy Diffuser". Which it is.

I'm quite diffused this very moment. :)

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
marcuss said:
Airflow uber alles!!
You've got to be the #1 vapemaster in all of Italy! :D

stickstones said:
marcuss...you are the bomb! If I ever get to Amsterdam...you're coming too!
Anyone else invited? hehe. Unfortunately I hadn't learned the ways of the vapor during my time there. Going back now would be paradise all over again. Ahhh... some day.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It comes with a commercial invoice that describes the item as an 'Aromatherapy diffuser/potpourrie warmer'. Plain brown box. That's all anyone will determine from the packaging.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
Welcome evey to the fuck combustion forum!!
i'm happy to know that you are joining the extreme club!
More people is looking for a all in one vape like this but they are scared about a new unit and at the end prefer to go in volcanology....sure a real good vape but if i've got all this money i'll spend it in a SSV and a Extreme to get the best!
In this way i can choose everytime a different good hit instead of only one bag system with metals and plastic inside!
Good choice man!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapor tactician said:
marcuss said:
Airflow uber alles!!
You've got to be the #1 vapemaster in all of Italy! :D

stickstones said:
marcuss...you are the bomb! If I ever get to Amsterdam...you're coming too!
Anyone else invited? hehe. Unfortunately I hadn't learned the ways of the vapor during my time there. Going back now would be paradise all over again. Ahhh... some day.
Hell yeah! You're all invited...I say we do an Extreme convention and vape the shit out of that town!

marcuss can have a booth there where he will sell his custom made Extreme tables complete with drilled holes and an alcohol distilling station.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Hell yeah! You're all invited...I say we do an Extreme convention and vape the shit out of that town!

marcuss can have a booth there where he will sell his custom made Extreme tables complete with drilled holes and an alcohol distilling station.
My thoughts exactly. :lol:

vtac,

vaporPRO

dakrusch said:
hey guys i got the extreme today and am trying to use it. for the whip, what is the best temp in Fahrenheit to get thc vapor. i am having trouble because i am not getting hardly any visible vapor from it. please help. thanks
I've been using the whip only lately and its great. I always keep it at 350C, 670F and rip it big time. My bud never burns even with it at this temperature. I dont really use the "vapor on demand"- turning on the fan while inhaling w/ the direct draw. Its pretty noisy and kind of unnecessary. I really like how the direct hit is so silent, I actually prefer it to doing the bags when I'm smoking by myself. When I have a couple people over I think the bags work best.
It also makes a difference on how finely grinded up your bud is. It can sometimes give you another bag worth of vapor.

vaporPRO,

vaporPRO

dakrusch said:
do ya think the guy who made the extreme did this on purpose? i think its a dope vape no doubt, but i would think he would have mentioned somewhere that the temp of the heater is different from the temp of the herbs. i was doin 365 for awhile and thought somethin was wrong with it.
When I first got it I thought that my vape was broke b/c i would set it at 360F and it wouldnt work. I emailed them this, "I have just tried out your product and was wondering if mine is defective because I have to put the temperature setting up to maximum (350 celcius) in order to obtain vapor product, or to turn my light green herb into a brownish color. When the temperture control is at 360 F (vaporization point for THC) there is no noticible extraction and the herb stays the same color even though air is flowing through the machine and filling up the bag. Does it just need to be "broken in" with use or is it defective."

He answered me back with the long email,

"Hi, I understand your question.

Yes, herbs vaporize right around 360F / 190C. That is the temperature you need inside the bowl were the herbs are in order to get vapor.

By design the LCD does not show the temperature inside the bowl. The reason for that is the bowl temperature is never constant. Instead we decided to put the Temperature Sensor inside the core of the heater so the LCD shows the core temp of the heater itself.

We tested many methods and we preferred to put Temperature Sensor inside the core of the heater because this was the best way to ensure the temperature of the hot air flowing through the herbs is precise and steady.

You should see 340C as your favorite setting. And this is what is needed to give you a good vaporization temperature (200C/360F) inside the bowl.

If we put the Temp Sensor elsewhere or on the outside near to top were the bowl is attached we could display a more accurate bowl temperature, then you would see vapor with the LCD set to 360F for example. However, this method wasn't good for getting the heater to hold a steady temperature, the vapor tasted more bland, sort of like 'burnt popcorn', and that's because the Sensor was too far away from the heater itself.

It's kind of an optical illusion, anyone can trick the LCD display into showing a temperature of say 360F on the LCD and you can see vapor, but the trade off is loss of efficiency, flavor and potency, for example balloons were 'weaker and more airy'.

All vaporizers work this way, they have to, you have your herbs in the bowl on top of the unit, the sensor would display the room temperature until the unit is turned on, as the herbs warm up the display rises, once the unit reaches and displays it's set temp, you would then turn on the fan (or inhale from the whip), but the fan now draws cooler air in and having the sensor on the outside would make the LCD display show a large drop in temperature and make the heater work unnecessarily hard until the moving air gets warmer. We didn't want to shorten the life of the heater to trick the display - we offer a lifetime warranty on the heater :).

The heater works harder because if the Sensor was to display the vaporization temperature of herbs the LCD would first display the room temp, then heat up to say about 210C, so now we had a more accurate display of the bowl temp - but - when air was drawn through the herbs, or when the fan was turned on the LCD display would first drop drastically then the heater would race to catch up/maintain the setting and climb fast, but it would over-compensate and then display higher than the set temp. We did endless testing on this and we've come up with what gives the best end result. Also, it's capped so that your herbs aren't apt to get burned or blackened.

It's a good question and worthy of a detailed response, I hope I explained it clearly.

Have a good night.

Best Regards,
Steve"

I thought it was informative; pretty nice guy for writing me back such a long response.

vaporPRO,

vaporPRO

vapor tactician said:
evey said:
Welcome aboard! :wave:

...and good question. If you're in the states, it'll be coming across the border afaik (Canada), so there will definitely be a list of the package contents for customs. I'm sure one of the fine Extreme owners here can shed some light on that.

When I got my SSV they (different company) were really good with such things. It was listed as an "Aromatherapy Diffuser". Which it is.

I'm quite diffused this very moment. :)
Ya the box said it was an essential oil/potpourri diffuser. It was low key.

vaporPRO,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
Hello All,

My name is Kevin Rockwood and I am very excited to come across this forum. I am personal friends with Steve and everyone else at Arizer, the manufacturer of The Extreme. After reading through this thread I have so much to say, and after a few bags I know I'm going to forget some stuff.

To start off, I was lucky enough to be a tester on some of the BETA models of the Extreme, and have seen the progress of this product unfold. Its been an amazing and hazy experience! If you have any questions or concerns about the Extreme please feel free to email me at KEVIN@ARIZER.COM. I have lots of experience with the product, and am happy to discuss most any related topics at length.

To ensure the prompt and curteous customer service that has been discussed throughout this thread, and to minimize the pressure on the manufacturer, Arizer has asked me to work with them on marketing, sales, and customer service. Born unto this request is www.rockwise.net. Admitedly, still a work in progress, I encourage any constructive criticisms you may have about my website.

Regarding the water pipe attachment, I use a rubber washer or rubber grommet where the mouthpiece meets the hose (see the picture of the Extreme on my website, you may notice a green ring on the whip). This, along with minimal applied pressure, creates the perfect seal on any waterpipe. Hardware stores, some bong shops, and your broken bong sitting in the back of your closet are good places to look for the appropriately sized rubber. Once I find a good source for the proper sized grommet, I will also be selling them on my website.

More to say...just need to eat first...

Rockwise,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom