The Extreme Vaporizer aka V-Tower Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Triplebaked said:
Hi all.

I do have a few questions though... Like, what is the best way to tell if your bowl of herb is cooked?(spent) The taste? Cause sometimes I will still see vapor coming out, but it tastes god awful and I assume it's pretty cooked, but why is vapor still coming out if its done? And the best temperature setting is 340 for dry ground buds right?
I think you are going to find some different answers to this question on this forum. Ultimately it comes down to your personal taste which, if you're a newbie like me, will take some time and experimenting to develop.

Some people on this forum bake their herb at 290C, others at 340C or 350C. Some people here bake their herb only once, others as much as four or five times. It's one of the beauties of vaporizing that I have come to appreciate...and I still haven't figured out what I like best because there is so much you can tweak! I'm still baking mine at 350C and getting two good bags and one half-ass bag before it is done. One reason I'm not messing with that formula yet is I'm still trying several different strains and I want to focus on the herbal differences, not the vape variables.

The one stopping point you should probably heed is to stop when your herb is very dark. The Extreme won't let you burn it, so don't worry about vaping it too much. Mine usually looks medium brownish when I am done...not tan and not dark. But again, that's me. Figure out what you like...go too far, stop too soon, etc. In the end, it's all about the high!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Well put. :tup:

One addition... Rockwise has stated that it is indeed possible to ignite your herb in the Extreme. But only when the unit has been left on for hours at max temp and with very dry herb.

If it's time to make a new Extreme thread, please feel free. I was wondering if it should have its own section since so many users here own one... any thoughts?

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vapor tactician said:
Well put. :tup:

One addition... Rockwise has stated that it is indeed possible to ignite your herbs in the Extreme. But only when the unit has been left on for hours at max temp and with very dry herb.
??are you seriou LOL I did'nt know it !!..but the extreme is basicly a low temp vaporizer(and this is a good thing if you use this vap for MJ) ,I can go really hotter with my herbal air but I stil cant ignite the herb inside !!...

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm just quoting. :)

Rockwise said:
I have an Extreme on my desk so I have it turned on from the time I wake up until I go to bed. The longer you have your Extreme turned on for, ultimately the warmer the glass casing for the ceramic heating element becomes. At 350C with an Extreme that has been on for several hours, with bone-dry herbs that are finely ground up, it is entirely possible to cause the herbs to ignite. I have done it a few times. When this happens all your parts become 'contaminated' with the taste and stench of burning.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
thanks VapTac I was thinking that I 've read every post about the extreme but I must have forget this one ;)

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yesterday I started vaping at 290C like Vaporcussion. It works well. I'm not sure if it is any better than at 350C, but I got at least as much vapor, if not a little more. Am I right in assuming the lower temp is better for purity issues?

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
stickstones said:
Yesterday I started vaping at 290C like Vaporcussion. It works well. I'm not sure if it is any better than at 350C, but I got at least as much vapor, if not a little more. Am I right in assuming the lower temp is better for purity issues?
Sure!
lower the temp = lower the toxins like benzene and co2

also bowl last longer and taste better....i'll try this temp when my extreme will come...if i'm lucky should be tomorrow!!

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I made a lil test yesterday . I took like .2 of ultra good herb and vap it with my extreme with bong atach too it .....I got more than 20 full hit out of my bong befor I notice a big difference in the vapor thickness.I was vaping at 350 C and let the bowl on the vaporizer for 10 min ...i'll try it at 290 C tonight to see the difference .... IMO the best way to vaporize is with a water bong ,i was finding it weird ,I mean vapor is vapor ?! out of the whip or balloon or ?! that's the same vapor ... but I notcie something yesterday.When I use water in my bong it make a kind of pulsing effect in the bowl and it make a big thick visible vapor in the glass dome (neck) ,and I thick that maybe this ''pulsing effect'' can be one of the reason why water bong hit me so hard :leaf:

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
yo!

the pulsing effect is for the bubbling water..aromed makes the same effect!
Maybe lots of little puffs make more vapor?

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
marcuss said:
yo!

the pulsing effect is for the bubbling water..aromed makes the same effect!
Maybe lots of little puffs make more vapor?
thanks for adding to my post !!

I also notice that ....If you take some short but strong hit with 1 second pause each 2-3 sec you hit, the herb is more shaked and it make a thicker vapor

Clear_Dome,

PeteYpuFF

My vap was shipped out on the 3rd the last update i got from canada post was on the 4th and its says it was processed at postal facility. Today is the 6th day and it has not come has anyone notice the updates on canada post to some times be delayed. And on another note our we all in agreement that i will have to sign for the package?

PeteYpuFF,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
PeteYpuFF said:
My vap was shipped out on the 3rd the last update i got from canada post was on the 4th and its says it was processed at postal facility. Today is the 6th day and it has not come has anyone notice the updates on canada post to some times be delayed. And on another note our we all in agreement that i will have to sign for the package?
I buddy ;) , first where are you from (country) .

canada post is shitty some time, and the update on there page is late most of the time so don't worry about it .

do you use Xpress post ? cause if you use it I think you must to specify to if you want absolutly sing it (same thing for ups i think)

hope that help you !!
:leaf: peace :leaf:

Clear_Dome,

PeteYpuFF

I got it on ebay with free shipping not sure what it is, it says Expedited USA on the canada post im in US Pa to be exact. Just getting a bit nervous my neighbors are on crack and steal my mail on a daily bases so i waited and meet the mail man this morning and no package hopefully tommrow. If it came yesterday i might be able to find it at the local pawn shop..

PeteYpuFF,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
PeteYpuFF said:
I got it on ebay with free shipping not sure what it is, it says Expedited USA on the canada post im in US Pa to be exact. Just getting a bit nervous my neighbors are on crack and steal my mail on a daily bases so i waited and meet the mail man this morning and no package hopefully tommrow. If it came yesterday i might be able to find it at the local pawn shop..
WOAAAHAHAHAHA dude that suck ......I wish they'll not try to vap crack ....WOA VAP SOME CRACK WHAT A NICE IDEA :rolleyes: I'm kidding you ...I wish they'll not steal it ??@$%&ing Crackhead

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
PeteYpuFF said:
what about mushrooms they might work in a vap
not sure about it ....I was reading on it , and some people think that will kill the psycho active substance in the shroom ....... LOL but maybe they are wrong ...the best way to know it is by testing it ....:p

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I have try it with some salvia and I got la 1/10 of the buzz that I get from smoking it ...soo I think that salvorine A may need more heat to be active ..

Clear_Dome,

vapercussion

Ok everybody, I've had the extreme for 5 days now, and while it's absolutely superb in quality and multi functionality, there's been something turning me off- and I finally figured it out! And it's about me, not the extreme....

I had been more of a solo smoker, using a one hitter. I also like to be quick and discreet, without a lot of paraphernalia lying around, and that's where using the extreme is such a big production- it's got so many pieces (even the wall adapter is in two pieces)... count the bowl, tubing, glass stirrer, remote, grinder and you have 7 or 8 pieces to deal with- not to mention all the accessories that comes with it! If you like to be ceremonial, keeping your stuff out on a table, this unit is perfect.... if you don't keep anything out, this takes awhile from beginning to end.

I have also learned some things about myself. The balloons are cool, but I feel kind of stupid using them alone- the vapor shots are nice, but I prefer being in control over my draw. I also don't like so much distance between me and the bowl. I feel like I'm taking in too much air at the same time (inhaling slow and steady minimizes that , but still not enough) I guess what I desire is a more direct hit. I almost feel like I'm hyperventilating.

Last night, I finally tried a hit out of my Vapir mini- and while it doesn't taste nearly as good, I really enjoyed getting a direct hit without so much cool air mixed in. Finally, I need two units - home and studio- Glass on glass is the definitely way to go, and so that brings me to the Vapolution. For the $300 I spend on the extreme, I could have two Vapolutions - I'm actually thinking of selling my extreme!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, do you think the Vapolution is better for my situation? Finally, how does it properly vape if you don't grind it fine? It seems to be the only model out there that you don't have to grind for....

Please don't chop my head off, the Extreme is !00% quality, Steve is awesome, I just want to be happy!

vapercussion,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha watch out your spelling ''Extreme is !00% quality'' I'm sure you wan to say 100% .....anyway ;)

first , (inhaling slow and steady minimizes that , but still not enough) ---- I dont know why but that work with other vap that I have try but with the extreme if you want thicker hit, you might to take deep fast hit ....

but ! vapolution seem really great marcuss got one I think and seem to love it as portable unit , and if you just like direct hit , this one is probably better for you !

Clear_Dome,

vapercussion

Thanks Clear Dome! I didn't catch that spelling error, I meant to say 100%
Again, the unit rocks! I just need to roll...

vapercussion,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hope you get it safe n sound, PeteY. Check that pawn shop!

Salvia requires combustion temps so it can't be vaporized properly. Not sure about mushrooms, haven't smoked them, either. :lol:

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vapercussion said:
Ok everybody, I've had the extreme for 5 days now, and while it's absolutely superb in quality and multi functionality, there's been something turning me off- and I finally figured it out! And it's about me, not the extreme....

I had been more of a solo smoker, using a one hitter. I also like to be quick and discreet, without a lot of paraphernalia lying around, and that's where using the extreme is such a big production- it's got so many pieces (even the wall adapter is in two pieces)... count the bowl, tubing, glass stirrer, remote, grinder and you have 7 or 8 pieces to deal with- not to mention all the accessories that comes with it! If you like to be ceremonial, keeping your stuff out on a table, this unit is perfect.... if you don't keep anything out, this takes awhile from beginning to end.

I have also learned some things about myself. The balloons are cool, but I feel kind of stupid using them alone- the vapor shots are nice, but I prefer being in control over my draw. I also don't like so much distance between me and the bowl. I feel like I'm taking in too much air at the same time (inhaling slow and steady minimizes that , but still not enough) I guess what I desire is a more direct hit. I almost feel like I'm hyperventilating.

Last night, I finally tried a hit out of my Vapir mini- and while it doesn't taste nearly as good, I really enjoyed getting a direct hit without so much cool air mixed in. Finally, I need two units - home and studio- Glass on glass is the definitely way to go, and so that brings me to the Vapolution. For the $300 I spend on the extreme, I could have two Vapolutions - I'm actually thinking of selling my extreme!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, do you think the Vapolution is better for my situation? Finally, how does it properly vape if you don't grind it fine? It seems to be the only model out there that you don't have to grind for....

Please don't chop my head off, the Extreme is !00% quality, Steve is awesome, I just want to be happy!
Good points, and don't worry, honest opinion and constructive criticism is always welcome. :tup:

The Extreme kit does have a lot of pieces (more than any other vaporizer out there?). If you have to set everything up and then put it all away every time, I can definitely see that being a hassle.

If you just want good clean fan-less whip hits, take a look at the SSV as well as the previously mentioned Vapolution.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I agree there is a lot of piece but ....this is a glass on glass ''all-in-one'' vap so ...I think all does piece are Necessary ....all my piece are in a drawer so when I want to use whip I just take the whip and the bowl ....when I wanna use bag , I take the bag ,the connector and the bowl ...but I understand what you wanna say vapporcussion ....as vapor tac said dont forget to chec the ssv . it seem to kick ass too

Clear_Dome,

Triplebaked

I have been experimenting with temps. I'm using very dank nugs, ground in a space case. I fill the bowl about halfway up to the black like suggested on this forum. I find that everywhere from 290 to 350 does work, but with varying tastes and efficiency. I find that the 310 to 320 range is my personal preference on the Extreme. I choose this because it seems the taste and the color of the weed go bad at the same time, meaning, there isnt any green left in the herb before the taste starts tasting like burnt popcorn. If the bowl is hot and I have friends over, I'll lower the temp to 305...if I just warm up for a quick balloon, 320 works nice. If my weed was dryer I'd probably drop 5 degrees or so, but this zone seems to be my favorite.

I also found that it takes quite awhile to test, because for me, two pinches of ground dankness gets me so ripped I can't vape much more :)

In the manual, it says the herbs are done when you can't "see or taste the vapor" anymore...however, in my experience, I find that once the taste goes bad, I can usually still SEE the vapor, but I just empty it out of my ballon or stop whipping it as soon as it tastes spent. Anyway, just thought I'd share :) I am interested in hearing others experience too so please share:) Thanks.

-TB

Triplebaked,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom