The Extreme Vaporizer aka V-Tower Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tambourine Man

Thanks for the reply guys! The temperature thing is really just for added flexibility, and because I don't want to be artificially limited. While it totally makes sense to make the vape "n00b proof" I think its important that it also have a little more flexibility in its capabilities (the flexibility of the extreme is what drew me to it in the first place). I really respect a company that makes a product that allows their end users to make some very poor choices with their equipment, and until I hear about some way of cranking the Extreme up to somewhat absurd temps, I think I'm gonna have to hold off. Honestly I expect its a limitation of the heating element, but I may be wrong.

And thanks for the info on the power adaptor. The inverter I keep in my car should be able to handle that fine, as it handles 200W, above the about 180W the Extreme is indicated as capable of drawing, but I suspect rarely does ( Watts = Volts * Amps). I suppose a more efficient method would be to just amplify the car's 12V up to the required 19V for the vape. While I know how to do this in lower power situations, I'm not sure if something I could build now would be able to handle the kind of power need by the Extreme.

Mr Tambourine Man,

vaporPRO

Mr Tambourine Man said:
Hi all! This thread has proven extremely useful to me, the Extreme sounds like a real nice product and I'm starting to consider ordering one. However, I do have one concern that maybe someone more experienced may be able to help me with, or at least alleviate my concern.
Its been said that the Extreme vaporizes well in the 240C - 250C range. Which is just fine, but if I'm not mistaken, the extreme tops out at 250C. !
The extreme tops out at 350C not 250C, but thats the temp of the heater and not the air passing over the bud. Even with the temp at 350C I haven't been able to burn the bud, which i also feel is a disadvantage (not being able to burn the bud if i wanted to). I don't feel like its a big disadvantage though because the stuff left over after vaporizing looks completely spent, similar to some nasty regs.

vaporPRO,

marcuss

above the clouds
I agree with v-tactician i already got a burner vape....if i put my vapolution at max temp i can actually smoke my green pellet...and this is bad for me!!!If i want to smoke i build up a spliff...i'm no fundamentalist and i do like to smoke sometimes....Sometime i'm really in the clouds and if i leave a a.i.w bowl in the vapolution it cook very fast and this is the only regret about my green boy!

marcuss,

Mr Tambourine Man

Whoops, 350, thats right. So it looks like this is one of the drawbacks of the Extreme... too bad as pretty much everything else about it looks perfect :( Marcuss, you wouldnt happen to know how to contact the manufacturer to see if he might consider fixing this problem, would you? It seems as though the Extreme is in a sort of a "trial" stage right now, and maybe hes more open for suggestions/changes right now than later. And from what I gather, this really would be the only improvement that could be done.

Mr Tambourine Man,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I pointed Rockwise to this discussion. :)

But, so far, no one has had a problem with the Extreme's max temp being too low to vaporize "properly". Have they?

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
my herbalair go to 400f (this is the temperature in the bowl) and I can't burn the bud a that temp ...but I always vap around 365-385f ..at 400f the herb is dark brown but not black ,just totaly vaporized ......I wish the extrem go hot enough to completly vaporize the herb !!

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This is my only vape, outside of the Genie, and I don't have any problems. I never burn anything, and I can leave it in the bowl and drag on it forever. The more I hit it, the darker it gets, but never black.

I am a noob, so I don't know what you guys are talking about when you want to vape it further. To my unexperienced eyes it looks like it is getting vaped fine. When it is done it has no smell and is crispy and brown.

stickstones,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
The Extreme has a few quirks that Users will get to know as they experience it more. I have an Extreme on my desk so I have it turned on from the time I wake up until I go to bed. The longer you have your Extreme turned on for, ultimately the warmer the glass casing for the ceramic heating element becomes. At 350C with an Extreme that has been on for several hours, with bone-dry herbs that are finely ground up, it is entirely possible to cause the herbs to ignite. I have done it a few times. When this happens all your parts become 'contaminated' with the taste and stench of burning.

If you really want to burn, pack a bowl or roll a joint. The Extreme is a VAPORIZER, not a burn-your-shit-in-me device. The point of it is to have clean healthier tasty vapor hits. Anyone who says the temp. limitation is a downfall should simply buy a pack of papes and learn to spin a nice johnny.

Otherwise, anything from a cheap glass pipe to an expensive & aesthetically pleasing glass water pipe are amazing options for burning herbs. And if its sunny but windy, get out your favourite magnifying glass and solar smoke! It gets you reallllllly stoned off the smallest rips. testfly and testify

Papes and a lighter cost a couple dollars. Why spend $300 + dollars to smoke out of a product that would require you to replace whips and bags after burning through them a few times? This is a Vaporizer forum, and the few people that might feel restricted shouldn't because there are plenty of options for blazing without a vaporizer. The Extreme has a temperature limit because combustion in a vaporizer is somewhat counter-intuitive and obscure.

Rockwise,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
Clear_Dome said:
my herbalair go to 400f (this is the temperature in the bowl) and I can't burn the bud a that temp ...but I always vap around 365-385f ..at 400f the herb is dark brown but not black ,just totaly vaporized ......I wish the extrem go hot enough to completly vaporize the herb !!
Maybe try stirring your bowl in between a few hits and you should continue to get vapor hits until the thc is completely vaporized. The Extreme--in comparison with several other vaporizer I have used-- leaves the herbs extraordinarily light coloured because it was designed to provide the most safe, the most flavourful, and the cleanest vapor hits possible. It maximizes the THC and minimizes the carcinogens. It was designed in the first place due to the lack of quality and poor customer service and high prices that exists within the market. The Extreme Vaporizer maintains a quality standard to set itself apart from dozens of cheaply built, potentially harmful products in the market today. Look at your pile of vaped herbs from your Extreme and smile! ..Because all that shit didn't end up in your lungs as carcinogens, toxins, and tar, and maybe because the rip you just took (held in for a few to aprox. 22 seconds for max. absorption) rocked your socks off.

Rockwise,

Mr Tambourine Man

Well the point isn't really to burn your herbs, obviously that would be bad, I already have a VERY nice GonG bong setup and, you're right, it just takes one bowl thats been over-vaped to stink up the whole shebang. Its just I would really like to have the ability to crank her beyond standard temps for a couple, probably unlikely but possible scenarios:

1. Use in a really cold environment
2. Continued usability in case the temperature sensor become uncalibrated over time

I guess thats really all I'm worried about, but coming from a heatgun setup which can probably completely incinerate herb, I'm kinda paranoid. The cold thing can be tested, can anyone confirm if the Extreme continues to function in a cold environment? You're in Canada, Rockwell ;)

Oh, and about how long would you guess it takes for the glass casing "warm up"? Under an hour? Several hours?

Mr Tambourine Man,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just recieve a email from post canada :D my baby is arrived :D but I'm at work now so I'll just see it at 5 .....grrrr I wish I will not be obligat to wait till tomorrow to get it !!! ...I'll make a complete review as soon as i'll try it !!!

Peace

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sweet, I was wondering if you had it yet.

Look forward to your thoughts since you have a herbalaire and have used other vapes.

:cheers:

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
ok yeahhh !! I got it !!! I just make the first try only whit the whip ,it take me a some ''puff'' to understand how to get thick hit of vapor but It defenitly work good !! realy good and I love the first ride !!! but I change my mind and will use it some day befor make the review with the herbalair 2.1 cause I cant test it right only in one day cause i'll get to stone LOL but I'm gladly impressed by the extreme so it look good .I'm happy to have buy this unit :D!

Ps: first thing I noticed is the extreme taste better ,It's pobabably because the product is new and all glass inside.Second thing I noticed is it will be easier to clean the extreme too , what is a + for me

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sweet!

Don't worry, I still haven't done a real review of my SSV after 1 year. :lol:

Enjoy some time with your new addition. :D

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
Finally you got it!!
take your time to enjoy it....and do some experiments with resins too!

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I love THE THING and this is definitely a nice vaporizer and this is why i'll take my time review it ,I want to get sure to not forget anything about it !!! NICE JOB ARIZER !!

Clear_Dome,

GreenFiend

I ordered the extreme vape and im waiting for it to arrive. lol Im about to go crazy waiting. Im really happy to hear every one giving the extreme such good reviews, it already feels like money well spent.

GreenFiend,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
first hi GreenFiend ,
happy to see new member here ;) !! yeah the extreme work well ! this is a nice vap with nice feature

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Rockwise said:
Clear_Dome said:
Maybe try stirring your bowl in between a few hits and you should continue to get vapor hits until the thc is completely vaporized. The Extreme--in comparison with several other vaporizer I have used-- leaves the herbs extraordinarily light coloured because it was designed to provide the most safe, the most flavourful, and the cleanest vapor hits possible. It maximizes the THC and minimizes the carcinogens. It was designed in the first place due to the lack of quality and poor customer service and high prices that exists within the market. The Extreme Vaporizer maintains a quality standard to set itself apart from dozens of cheaply built, potentially harmful products in the market today. Look at your pile of vaped herbs from your Extreme and smile! ..Because all that shit didn't end up in your lungs as carcinogens, toxins, and tar, and maybe because the rip you just took (held in for a few to aprox. 22 seconds for max. absorption) rocked your socks off.
happy to read it cause ..I got more than decent buz with the extreme but my herb was still greenish/yellowish ...with my herbal air my herb became dark brown but totaly vaporized ...I just compar both herb under microscop and both are diferent ...but my question is , does the herbalair vap to much or does the extreme does'nt heat enought ....i'll post the diference between both an you'll see ,but like I said I get ripe by both vap (maybe a lil ''cleaner buzz'' with the extreme (less stone) than with my herbal air ). I'm still testing the extreme ,but this is a great unit for sure

Clear_Dome,

GreenFiend

Clear_Dome said:
first hi GreenFiend ,
happy to see new member here ;) !! yeah the extreme work well ! this is a nice vap with nice feature
Thanks Clear-Dome. :) This will be my first vape so I wanted to get something kinda nice for a good first experience. I just got it a few hours ago and WOW! So far Im totally happy with my purchase.:D The taste and flavor is beyond what I imagined it would be. Now I'm just trying to get the temp right.

GreenFiend,

GreenFiend

I may try to make a valve like the volcano but simplerfor this vape. Has anyone done this? I suppose I could just plug it with something too.

GreenFiend,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave: GreenFiend

Good question about the balloon valve, would a little silicone cap work?

Something like this?
capuz0.gif

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
ciao greenfiend!!
welcome in this cloudy party!!
I don't know if i really need a valve for my ballons but i'm glad to see that people try to pimp his vape just like a car!!
I love this creativity....maybe will help vapes makers to improve their products with ours ideas!
Vapor democracy!!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That's a great idea about the valve. That's actually the only feature the Volcano has that I wish I had. We should do this! How we gonna do it?

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom