• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tranquility

I own a davinci and a solo 2. Love my Davinci. When it works. Right now it does not work. It IMHO is superior to the Solo 2 in almost every other way. But the area it is not superior is significant - Battery life. Shit I dont even know where my Solo 2 charger is because I so rarely have to charge it. Its an absolute beast. When My Davinci works, I get maybe 3 sessions then it needs to charge.

I come to the opposite conclusion. I like my Solo II far more than my IQ. The IQ used to be my favorite. But, other than the ability to switch batteries and concealability (Something I care nothing about.), the Solo wins for me in all categories. Tube, heater; that's it. The IQ is all kinds of finiky and why you might not be having as much up-time with it as you'd like. I tend towards being careful and being (reasonably) clean and the IQ has always worked. But, I can certainly see how any of a number of little things can go wrong with the IQ that would cause it to not work. Reliability should certainly be a factor in any vape purchase.

Tranquility,

Randy Lahey

I come to the opposite conclusion. I like my Solo II far more than my IQ. The IQ used to be my favorite. But, other than the ability to switch batteries and concealability (Something I care nothing about.), the Solo wins for me in all categories. Tube, heater; that's it. The IQ is all kinds of finiky and why you might not be having as much up-time with it as you'd like. I tend towards being careful and being (reasonably) clean and the IQ has always worked. But, I can certainly see how any of a number of little things can go wrong with the IQ that would cause it to not work. Reliability should certainly be a factor in any vape purchase.

Cant argue with much of what you said, I think it makes a lot of sense. But I love my IQ. Since my IQ has been down, Ive come to appreciate my Solo II much more so I agree with you on a lot of what you said. Man that thing is a tank and the battery life is so impressive. But stealth is important to me so I need the IQ in my life lol.

But I have to give a HUGE THANKS TO DAVINCI here. They took my dying unit back and gave me a spankin new one. Nice to see a company do the right thing.

someTooL

Ok. Caught up now. 146 pages of very informative reading. What a roller coaster ride. I’ve been excited and happy to having buyers remorse without even taking a single hit lol.

1st time poster and IQ owner for around 2 weeks. Don’t hate but only experience to this point has been a Khan from MigVapor. Which has been very kind to me. Love their bubbler attachment. But I knew I wanted more.

Only been able to run one session so far due to supply issues so really no judgement for the IQ just yet. First pack was definitely an experience and I can’t wait to experiment more and more. Fit and finish both seem to be solid. Picked up the Gunmetal IQ, spacers, black glove (love the contrast) and a couple spare batteries too. So yes, I went all in and intent to use this as my main (Khan will be backup) till I can spring for the Volcano Hybrid (or maybe something else with more research) for home use. Like I said, new at this so I’m kinda piecing this together (wish I had found this site sooner lol).

The main selling point to me was the warranty, ability to change batteries, and yes...the free bubbler attachment.

Anyway, thank you community for all the information, testing, heartache and sharing of knowledge. Hope to be a contributor soon.

someTooL

Week of use.

Outside gets warm, not hot. Battery however remains cool. All good.

Can hit smooth tasty, or powerful depending on heat level. All good.

Prefer the 10mm mouthpiece as my facial hair seems to get caught in the top enclosure. All good.

Can be a real beast using bubbler or water pipe at higher temps. All good.

The flavor chamber will rise if using at higher temps during one session. Top door will come open. Thought people were maybe exaggerating this, but no it does happen. It happens during the later part of the session when maybe your not paying as much attention if ya know what I mean. Not so good.

Spacers are nice. Tried both, equal results. All good.

Drops

Vaporist
I am trying to decide on a 2ndary vape and think I am down to 2... the IQ and the MiqRO. But wanted some advice from the vets here. Leaning towards the IQ that's why I am posting here.

My main is an UnderDog log vape, I keep that at my desk and pretty much use that for 75-85% of my consumption. I like the smaller dosing on that and that is the ONLY thing that makes me think about the MIQRO at all. I also read about the issues on the MIQRO forum about people are having when swapping batteries so that also makes me lean towards the IQ.

I pretty much want something to use on the couch when watching TV and for stealthy portable use and when camping and stuff like that. I do like how the MIQRO is small, but it does not look that much smaller and I don't have crazy large hands, but they are not small so I think I would still be ok palming the IQ. Right now for stealth I use a CCell Palm, but I think I am done with carts.

Also is it best to order right from Davinci? I see they have a few local shops listed on their site as places to get from. I just worry about inadvertently buying a fake one, but would be nice to go pick it up in the morning. :science:

Thanks,
Drops

Drops,

Randy Lahey

As long as youre aware that the IQ has a rather large oven (you can get spacers to lessen the volume), not sure what the downside is if you like the IQ. I personally like it a lot for stealth and portability. I wish the battery lasted longer but honestly I just got a new one from Davinci (mine shit the bed after about 2 years, Davinci was awesome taking it back and replacing it) and its pretty good. The vape it produces iMHO is excellent.

I think if you go local, at least shoot an email to Davinci in the AM and ask of they can verify the seller. Theyre pretty responsive.

Randy Lahey,
Reactions: Drops

someTooL

Looks like DaVinci removed the free bubbler from the IQ deal. Maybe they’re preparing another bundle. The bubbler (and a few other things :) ) is what sold me on the IQ. I use the bubbler 75% of the time when using the IQ. And even better, it fits a Dynavap perfectly!

plexoft

Greetings from Argentina, just ordered my unit a couple of days ago, waiting for arrival on the next days.
For what i have readed here, the Davinci IQ has different productions runs, like the Arizer Extreme on each run there are improvements and updates, sometimes noticeables and sometimes not.
So i am aware that there are different versions of the Davinci IQ, my question is :
Where i have look on my new device, to know if i have the last iteration?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
plexoft,

TromaRon

Looks like DaVinci removed the free bubbler from the IQ deal. Maybe they’re preparing another bundle. The bubbler (and a few other things :) ) is what sold me on the IQ. I use the bubbler 75% of the time when using the IQ. And even better, it fits a Dynavap perfectly!
Wow! Guess I ordered just in time. Ordered mine last Monday. Can’t wait!

TromaRon,

plexoft

Hi , the guy from Argentina here, i received my unit a couple of days ago. Great unit, for a couple of days, the smarth paths can't be saved and the lid open by itself when is heating, so if i flip the unit the flavour chamber will fall. Have already sent the data requested for the RMA but not response for now. Very dissapointed. This thing is REALLY expensive here, a luxury.

plexoft,

someTooL

Hi , the guy from Argentina here, i received my unit a couple of days ago. Great unit, for a couple of days, the smarth paths can't be saved and the lid open by itself when is heating, so if i flip the unit the flavour chamber will fall. Have already sent the data requested for the RMA but not response for now. Very dissapointed. This thing is REALLY expensive here, a luxury.

Sorry to hear your having to start an RMA.
Not sure on the smart paths issue because I’ve just used stock settings, but I would assume it forgets them when you remove your battery.
I too had the flavor chamber rise. This only happened to me the first couple time using. And really only noticed it after back to back 430 sessions. Things get a little hot then and the gasket seems to swell. Maybe it seasons after a few uses, but again I haven’t noticed it doing it lately.
Hope everything works out for you and you get to enjoy your purchase. :tup:

someTooL,
Reactions: sd401k

someTooL

Initially took this picture so I could examine the ceramic seam line to make sure it wasn’t a crack. But after zooming in to examine I started noticing all this white residue. A lot of white residue! I know the oven had a coating that I’m assuming that what this is. But I now have a huge concern about this flowing in my lungs. Anyone have any additional information on this? @Davinci_vaporizer

F5-B958-D3-0908-4-B69-BE94-AC1-D4-A6-CEDC5.png

someTooL,

plexoft

Sorry to hear your having to start an RMA.
Not sure on the smart paths issue because I’ve just used stock settings, but I would assume it forgets them when you remove your battery.
I too had the flavor chamber rise. This only happened to me the first couple time using. And really only noticed it after back to back 430 sessions. Things get a little hot then and the gasket seems to swell. Maybe it seasons after a few uses, but again I haven’t noticed it doing it lately.
Hope everything works out for you and you get to enjoy your purchase. :tup:

Hello @someTooL , i must say i am an huge fan of Tool, my favorite band, next to Rush and Crimson.
Yes i have see the lid problem as something very common, the device is not doing it now, will keep testing to see if this happends again, but the smart path storage are not working, is a common error too but the Davinci guys says is covered by warranty, so i hope everything ends good. I am sure will do. Besides that this is a monster of device really. Thanks for your wishes and keep Tooling!

plexoft,
Reactions: someTooL

Metallurgico

I contacted DaVinci two months ago requesting help for my unit that won't go over 135 °C.
They kindly reply asking me to do something but it did not help to get the device to work again.

The 16th of October mr. Rich Miguel wrote me "We will be sending you a replacement unit in exchange for your faulty device. You will receive a notification from our shipping department with a tracking number when your replacement device is ready to ship".
I wrote to them the 6th of November and mr. Patrick told me "We apologize for the delay we have been having issues with our mail system. You device will be shipping out no later than Friday."
It's the 19th of November and nothing has happened.

This is what I call SCAM or FRAUD.
This is not a customer service, it's real shit.

I will never buy any DaVinci product again.
You tell it has 10 years of warranty just to get people to buy your products and then you give no help.

That's bad, really bad.

Metallurgico,

Metallurgico

Great news!
This is the reply of today.
"We promise we are not a scam we have been migrating the EU warehouse to a new facility so we have had to ship all EU items from the US and they automated email system has been having issue with the migration."

I may receive the new unit today or next week.
I think they need to improve on communication, but hey it's great to say their customer service works in some way.

Edit: I just received the new IQ. I'm glad all went ok.

Last edited:
Metallurgico,

treeleaf

A few months and pages back I posted a pic of my IQ where the magnets came loose. Didn't think to find out about warranty been in Cape Town however following the forum and seeing people get replacements I thought it won’t hurt to ask our local distributor and to my surprise I was approved and got a brand new replacement IQ. Nice one indeed. Now the dilemma is that it’s a really great session vape until the tar builds up in that small space between the oven and flavour chamber gasket. So how does one use/abuse this thing and keep it clean? The guy at the Vapestore suggests a wooden skewer to rotate a iso wipe inside that space...anyone tried that or has suggestions?

treeleaf,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

peter700

Now the dilemma is that it’s a really great session vape until the tar builds up in that small space between the oven and flavour chamber gasket. So how does one use/abuse this thing and keep it clean? The guy at the Vapestore suggests a wooden skewer to rotate a iso wipe inside that space...anyone tried that or has suggestions?
i think you could try like in this video

peter700,

karec

Troys video is ok but he later stated that putting iso and shake is not good... i did that once and went well but if you start to use this method as n1 cleaning method is just a matter of time that the iso will go into the electrical circuits..... not advised....

My main problem with the IQ is airflow, the rise of the MP and the cleaning, although i like the IQ due to size, design and flavour i would gladly drop my unit to get a new one and sell to get another vape, if they address this problems right and fix them i would still be a fan....

I remove the flavour chamber when using the IQ... better air flow...
Taking the cooling unit.. never did it, how is the experience? Does the vapor significantly warmer of is it worth and make the IQ better?

Cheers
:cool:

I remove the flavour chamber when using the IQ... better air flow...

Couldn't wait so i went to try it.... for me dont work, 1st the MP dont fit properly without the CU and although i experience better airflow the draw is not good maybe to much air in between and even if i try to avoid that it seems doesn't produce enough clouds, after 3/4 draws i put the CU back, working better but off course the air flow is reduced.....and the MP eventually pop off again...
Think that could work if i "saw off" the tiny tip in the bottom of the CU, thats the part that make the airflow mehhhh
Oh well im sure it will be the 1st vape of my arsenal that im going to sell...
Cheers
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
karec,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Troys video is ok but he later stated that putting iso and shake is not good... i did that once and went well but if you start to use this method as n1 cleaning method is just a matter of time that the iso will go into the electrical circuits..... not advised....

That's exactly what happened to my IQ, second cleaning session after I watched Troys video...Not advised indeed.

Siebter,
Reactions: karec

Jqcj5

I'm pretty sure Troy warned people to be careful when cleaning as he does, lol

Last edited:
Jqcj5,
Top Bottom