Damper

So if I understand the bluetooth discussion correctly, no matter what (DaVinci is powered off, Phone is nowhere near the DaVinci trying to pair or do Smart Path stuff) there is always going to be a slow Bluetooth related power tickle in the IQ unit itself? Bummer.

Advice appreciated - I tend to go through cycles where I am not consuming very much, if at all. My IQ has been idle for the past several weeks. Should I remove the battery to prevent full discharge and potential damage? Should I consider putting it into some kind of battery keeper unit that keeps the battery fresh while not in use?

this is my biggest concern, I dont need that bluetooth app shit. I have full control over the unit without the app...there need to be a software update to enable/disable the bluetooth via the buttons on the device itself.

@Davinci_vaporizer
havent got a response to my emails since a week now...please Ivana answer me, need that RMA# you promised...can I have the DaVinci and an Ascent instead of one IQ?? :brow: It would save me a lot of trouble (costums, RMA, shipping) and money...haha...I just want to get a full functional IQ :rolleyes::bang:
Actually it is really sad (or ridiculous)...a 300 bucks device released with kindergarden diseases:doh::rofl:

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I made the mistake of discussing magic eraser here before. It is something that is not looked good upon, and was told so on the Forum. Maybe a Moderator could elaborate. Something to do with the chemicals.

I'm not sure where that discussion was, but Magic Eraser is simply melamine foam. There are no chemicals involved. It is a mechanical cleaner (abrasive) and it is sometimes sold as a dental stain remover, so it is not a significant risk if ingested. Of course this says nothing about heating it to vapourizing temperatures, but that won't happen if you simply brush/blow the residue away before using it.

This is off-topic, so anyone who wants to discuss this further should open a new thread.

cobra505

Defined
I read something about a mascara brush working good. @Davinci_vaporizer liked it, lol
So can't remember who it was but I got on the mascara band wagon also. Purchased 100 of them. The brush itself is cool. The only thing I don't like about them is that the handles are nothing but give. Way to flexible. Wasn't thinking about that when I was purchasing them. Was only looking at the heads.

Here's the Magic Eraser Post I found earlier in this thread.
DaVinci says there is no safety data to recommend using Magic erasers and there is significant concern regarding their safety.. Beyond that, magic eraser safety is outside of thread parameters and I was told not to be discussed on this forum.
So the consensus is not to use the Magic Eraser on the IQ

I'm not sure where that discussion was, but Magic Eraser
Ya I remember reading someplace else that users were getting some good results so I went out and got a few then right after got the warning from @Glass004 about what Davinci stated so I just never used them, never researched it either.

Davinci update, there still not answering emails

Now I'll probably get reprimanded informative article, Magic Eraser, really don't know what the deal is:
https://www.wired.com/2015/09/whats-inside-mr-clean-magic-eraser/

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra505

Defined
Tim has sent me an Email. Eveything is allright :)
Well see, responded to there message above. Still don't see how they are going to come thru with mine. Even if they mailed a new one out today it wouldn't make the 14 day turnaround promise.

This is off-topic, so anyone who wants to discuss this further should open a new thread.
Also heard from another Moderator about this magic eraser. Guess it's just off topic for this thread only, we can create a thread if we want.

cobra505,
Reactions: Donla94

cobra505

Defined
I guess I should have realized this, I guess I just really miss my unit but after them finally getting back to me today I need to re-count my RMA-Day's. Seems it's 10-14 Business Days. Might as well say 3 weeks to a Month. I hate read between the line's red tape.

Wow, this might be what I've been waiting for! (I thought the IQ was not for concentrates?) I would love to use them with dry herb; anyone have experience with these?
I Remember when I got my first vape my focus pro. Did some wax in it. Said I'd never vape in a portable again. You don't keep those things straight up, liquid everywhere, been there. inexperienced user, probably, just ain't trying it on my IQ. LOL.

So I know it's super easy to fake this. But I got a tracker app on my wife's phone was curios as to were she was so went to my recently used apps, mind you, my IQ is in for a RMA has been for EVER, so you can look at this screen shot just taken and tell me that the app doesn't just randomly run?

recently_used.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cobra505,
Reactions: Donla94

cobra505

Defined
this is my biggest concern, I dont need that bluetooth app shit. I have full control over the unit without the app...there need to be a software update to enable/disable the bluetooth via the buttons on the device itself.
I reported on this a while ago and know body listened thought I was nuts. Got a RMA for it.

cobra505,
Reactions: BigJr48

david8613

What accessories are worth getting for the iq? I see there is 2 versions of the case, which is better? Anyone make a case or skin for the iq? Anyway to get a little cap to keepn smell from coming out of mouth peice?

david8613,

cobra505

Defined
Did that do anything? The bluetooth always being on seems like a feature that wouldnt be fixed with RMA
That wasn't the issue. The issue was that the IQ was in constant communication with my phone and sucking the life out of my battery, so yes they did they took the unit back. That was RMA # 3.

I see there is 2 versions of the case
Unless they are sold out I only see 1 case? Which is the "Soft Case"

Anyway to get a little cap to keepn smell from coming out of mouth peice?
I always thought for some reason it was more than just the mouth piece. Don't know why really just thought it gave off more of a stench than most vapes.

So twice in 2 days? Davinci Recent used app
davinci_recent_2.jpg

cobra505,

ToxicVape

Turn on the IQ, the on your phone enable Bluetooth and hit search, you'll see the IQ appear on the search bar.
No the IQ does not have to be on. You can connect even when the IQ is off.

Try it, I have been trying to see others results but no takers. The IQ will show up in the scan even if the IQ is off.

ToxicVape,

BigJr48

I have an RF meter that says otherwise. Deleted app too but bluetooth still listening from IQ.

Im going to make a video showing this when I get a chance.

While my IQ is turned off it doesn't appear when doing a Bluetooth search, only when I turn it on and scan that's when it it appears.

BigJr48,

dankly

While my IQ is turned off it doesn't appear when doing a Bluetooth search, only when I turn it on and scan that's when it it appears.

when i do the same nothing appears in the bluetooth scan list on my phone...so...who knows. Im getting readings on the RF meter as high as 10µw/m3 when I put the battery in the iq as opposed to 0.136µw/m3 when the battery is out.
This tells me that the IQ is broadcasting a bluetooth signal even though it appears to be off.

Last edited:

Mario445

I drooled into the 10mm mouth piece during a session by accident.

It started fizzling and popping I just put it down lol. I guess it's not meant to be a mouthpiece.

cobra505

Defined
How do you check if somethig is draining battery? I would like to check this, im on android.
Can't tell you that one, iPhone user, should be pretty easy to Google. A droid should have some sort of battery usage?. or a app that monitors battery usage.

No the IQ does not have to be on. You can connect even when the IQ is off.
I can't even run the app on my iPhone when it can't find the IQ. It's clear by all the different feedback above that this app is performing multiple tasks across multiple platforms and know one really knows for sure what the heck is going on.

So in reference to my 2 screenshots I took yesterday of the Davinci app running all by itself I actually put in a ticket with Davinci about this. I referenced those 2 screenshots and told them we all wanted to know what the heck was up with the app. So I'll let everyone know what they say, but I have a feeling it's going to be a generic "no it doesn't do that". sort of thing. But I'll let everyone know.

Last edited:

alex24

when i do the same nothing appears in the bluetooth scan list on my phone...so...who knows. Im getting readings on the RF meter as high as 10µw/m3 when I put the battery in the iq as opposed to 0.136µw/m3 when the battery is out.
This tells me that the IQ is broadcasting a bluetooth signal even though it appears to be off.

I can confirm that Bluetooth on Davinci IQ is always on. The worst part of it is that anyone with Davinci App can connect to any of the IQs around it(even if IQ is turned off) and turn it on, change temperature and settings. I guess Davinci engineers wanted to allow users to remotely turn their IQs on. In my opinion, this should be only possible after IQ and a specific phones are first paired with each other.

Top Bottom