manujoe

Fiiting bad!
fortunatly 10 for 0,31cent

I'will buy the original one from davinci store or on Vaposhop.com when it's Available....

UPDATE:

Fortunately, it seems that the ring serves only to keep the flavor chamber closed. Now even if it is broken, wrapping it around the cap and it perfectly closes the flavor chamber.
I wrote to @Davinci_vaporizer and I hope they replace it.
Vaposhop.com are a brilliant company to deal with.

manujoe,

dankly

Serious question. Is the IQ always supposed to broadcast bluetooth even when powered down? Anyone who has one if you go to bluetooth on your phone and scan for devices does your IQ show even though the device is off???? This seems strange as hell.

yes i have the same issue and bought it up a few days ago. we need to have the option to disable bluetooth via a series of button clicks like we can for dimming and brightening the led's. failing that i will have to open the device and psychically disable bluetooth.
bluetooth on this device imo is totally unnecessary and the battery drainage that occurs because of this being on all the time is an issue.

dankly,

Nostalgia1

how long is the RMA process now? less than 1 week or nah?

yes i have the same issue and bought it up a few days ago. we need to have the option to disable bluetooth via a series of button clicks like we can for dimming and brightening the led's. failing that i will have to open the device and psychically disable bluetooth.
bluetooth on this device imo is totally unnecessary and the battery drainage that occurs because of this being on all the time is an issue.
Bluetooth is only on when the app is opened

Last edited by a moderator:
Nostalgia1,

cobra505

Defined
how does the davinci know if the app is running if bluetooth isnt active?
And that's what Davinci and everyone was telling me until I showed them the screenshot of my iPhone that I posted with the app using 47% of my Battery. Even if Bluetooth isn't running it will still show up under the Battery usage if it used the Battery. I think the only way it would clear out would be if you re-set your phone. You guys that are just asking about this are funny. I was on a rant about this a few months ago, wish you guys were here to back me up then. No one would listen to me.

cobra505,
Reactions: BigJr48

dankly

And that's what Davinci and everyone was telling me until I showed them the screenshot of my iPhone that I posted with the app using 47% of my Battery. Even if Bluetooth isn't running it will still show up under the Battery usage if it used the Battery. I think the only way it would clear out would be if you re-set your phone. You guys that are just asking about this are funny. I was on a rant about this a few months ago, wish you guys were here to back me up then. No one would listen to me.

Well...we're here now and we're listening...just like my iq....its been listening all night....hoping for the app to fire up so it feels justified in having bluetooth!

dankly,

ToxicVape

how long is the RMA process now? less than 1 week or nah?

Bluetooth is only on when the app is opened
False. Go into your bluetooth settings on your phone and scan for devices the Davinci IQ will always be there. That means the IQ is broadcasting bluetooth 24hrs a day which is plain stupid. On the Crafty you have to press the power button once for it to begin broadcasting and it shuts off bluetooth if no connection to the app is detected for 5-10 minutes.

Also while my device is heating it clicks and makes digital sounding buzzes like crazy like I can hear it from 2 feet away is this normal?

ToxicVape,

cobra505

Defined
I can't get my app running, it just keeps scanning the units still in for a damn RMA so the apps freeking out. is there an option on the iPhone to use the app in the background Im pretty sure? Turning that off should turn off the extra bluetooth activity.

You want to talk about screwed up Bluetooth shit. I was just on my phone taking a pic and happened to notice that my most recent used app is the Davinci app, why is that weird? My unit been on RMA for a week and a half. @Davinci_vaporizer

False. Go into your bluetooth settings on your phone and scan for devices the Davinci IQ will always be there. That means the IQ is broadcasting bluetooth 24hrs a day which is plain stupid.

So true, when I was a customer with @PuffItUp they actually wanted me to shutoff my Bluetooth, for this issue. I'm like ok, What if I want to use any of my other bluetooth shit. I guess I can't right?

And now come to find out the one they sent me for that bluetooth issue was a piece of crap to and I'm still waiting for a working unit. Thank god for the new Starry, got it yesterday, no issues, works like a charm, right out of the box.

cobra505,

cobra505

Defined
So need to tread lightly here, but does anyone else have a RMA with Davinci? They won't even give me a status on my unit. Been asking since Monday?

cobra505,

ToxicVape

So need to tread lightly here, but does anyone else have a RMA with Davinci? They won't even give me a status on my unit. Been asking since Monday?
I have been talking with support over email about the registration page not working and they are doing maintenance on the website and giving very slow responses. You may end up having to call as the responses to the questions I had asked were mostly answered yet the answers given were vague.

ToxicVape,

Nostalgia1

False. Go into your bluetooth settings on your phone and scan for devices the Davinci IQ will always be there. That means the IQ is broadcasting bluetooth 24hrs a day which is plain stupid. On the Crafty you have to press the power button once for it to begin broadcasting and it shuts off bluetooth if no connection to the app is detected for 5-10 minutes.

Also while my device is heating it clicks and makes digital sounding buzzes like crazy like I can hear it from 2 feet away is this normal?
False. Don't see anything.

Also went to my battery usage app, DaVinci isn't even 1% lmao, something wrong with you guys

Nostalgia1,

ToxicVape

False. Don't see anything.

Also went to my battery usage app, DaVinci isn't even 1% lmao, something wrong with you guys
I asked Davinci and they said yes it stays on but it disconnects from phone lol. Why else do you think you can open the app and change smart paths with the device off. Thats because it is always broadcasting bluetooth and that must have some effect on battery life of the device. Go home you're impaired.

Never said it used any of my phones battery. Said it is quite strange to make a device that is always broadcasting bluetooth.

It disconnects from the phone after a bit so there is no phone battery drain, but the IQ continues to send out bluetooth signals for a new connection. The crafty requires a button tap to broadcast to save the battery life of the vape.

ToxicVape,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
something wrong with you guys

Go home you're impaired.
Please re-read our forum rules. Specifically this part:
Forum Rules said:
  • All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
  • No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.
I'm sure we can discuss the IQ without resorting to personal shots.

Thank you.

:peace:

calebsw

@Davinci_vaporizer people on this forum suggested buying the Odin half-pack mods from puffitup for use with this vape. But puffitup contracted their manufacture and they're sold out of their entire run, so they're nowhere to be purchased anymore. But the idea of a capsule for smaller loads seems like a really good idea. For one, it would be way less messy than catching the glass spacer and then dumping out your herb. But I got the idea from using the mighty, and seeing how much the dosing capsules improved usability there made me think that all vapes should do the same! I know you were asking for suggestions for accessories at some point, and I thought I'd make a suggestion for capsules to drop into the herb chamber!

Also, does anyone have any advice for thoroughly cleaning the vape? I've searched high and low on the web for cleaning tips, and no one has a solid answer for how to clean between the herb and flavor chambers. Something is growing in there and it's putting off vapor, and this little area is so awkwardly placed that it's nearly impossible for me to thoroughly clean around in it. I've used q-tips, crammed cotton swabs in there, I've used a dental pick and a bent paper clip, and numerous other tools which had potential but failed to deliver. Does anyone have any ideas with this? I've stopped using my IQ because I can't properly clean it, and post-cleaning burn-offs just produce an endless vapor stream of herb, thc oil and whatever else is trapped in there. I'll never have peace of mind using the vape if I can't clean it, and if I don't have peace of mind, I simply can not use it. I haven't used the IQ in a month because of this, and I wish I could clean it so I can use it again!

Edit: with regards to the pods/capsules, I meant to ask about these that were posted here last month. Is it possible to remove the cotton and use these for dry herb, or are they only for wax/dabs etc? This seems like something I'd like to use, I could just have a few of these loaded, and then I could drop them into the IQ for easy usage and nearly no cleaning between loads.

Last edited:
calebsw,

dankly

@Davinci_vaporizer

Also, does anyone have any advice for thoroughly cleaning the vape? I've searched high and low on the web for cleaning tips, and no one has a solid answer for how to clean between the herb and flavor chambers. Something is growing in there and it's putting off vapor, and this little area is so awkwardly placed that it's nearly impossible for me to thoroughly clean around in it. I've used q-tips, crammed cotton swabs in there, I've used a dental pick and a bent paper clip, and numerous other tools which had potential but failed to deliver. Does anyone have any ideas with this? I've stopped using my IQ because I can't properly clean it, and post-cleaning burn-offs just produce an endless vapor stream of herb, thc oil and whatever else is trapped in there. I'll never have peace of mind using the vape if I can't clean it, and if I don't have peace of mind, I simply can not use it. I haven't used the IQ in a month because of this, and I wish I could clean it so I can use it again!

I just got a can of iso with a long plastic nozzle extension (usually comes with a can) and with all of the removable components taken out and with the device still warmish, I just blasted the iso into the material chamber jught up close to the little holes and also the other end. You can blow most of that shit back into the material chamber that gets caught in between the two chambers. If you close the material chamber lid you can create a seal and blow through the bottom of the device mimicking the operation in reverse which cleared out a lot of buildup. Then its easy to clear from the material chamber.
Seemed to work well enough. I can still see some buildup there but most of it has gone.
I just did a burn off after that, waited till I couldn't hear any more iso boiling off and good to go. Cleaned it up nicely.

calebsw

I just got a can of iso with a long plastic nozzle extension (usually comes with a can) and with all of the removable components taken out and with the device still warmish, I just blasted the iso into the material chamber jught up close to the little holes and also the other end. You can blow most of that shit back into the material chamber that gets caught in between the two chambers. If you close the material chamber lid you can create a seal and blow through the bottom of the device mimicking the operation in reverse which cleared out a lot of buildup. Then its easy to clear from the material chamber.
Seemed to work well enough. I can still see some buildup there but most of it has gone.
I just did a burn off after that, waited till I couldn't hear any more iso boiling off and good to go. Cleaned it up nicely.

wow I've never heard of iso in a spray can before! I'll have to check it out. I'm not 100% clear on your directions. the materials chamber is the white one, yes? So you spray from inside the material chamber and then you spray again from behind the material chamber? you're not worried about IPA seeping anywhere? I don't know where the cracks and crevices are in the vape, I'd be worried about IPA getting onto electronics or wires or something, but so you haven't had any issue? And where would you blow from the bottom, after you've closed the bottom lid? near the hinges? I'm not sure where the airflow comes on the bottom of the vape. Thanks for the detailed response, I appreciate hearing your cleaning routine

calebsw,

Vaporcussion

Also, does anyone have any advice for thoroughly cleaning the vape?

I read something about a mascara brush working good. @Davinci_vaporizer liked it, lol

Edit: with regards to the pods/capsules, I meant to ask about these that were posted here last month. Is it possible to remove the cotton and use these for dry herb, or are they only for wax/dabs etc? This seems like something I'd like to use, I could just have a few of these loaded, and then I could drop them into the IQ for easy usage and nearly no cleaning between loads.

Wow, this might be what I've been waiting for! (I thought the IQ was not for concentrates?) I would love to use them with dry herb; anyone have experience with these?

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: Paka-cholo

dankly

wow I've never heard of iso in a spray can before! I'll have to check it out. I'm not 100% clear on your directions. the materials chamber is the white one, yes? So you spray from inside the material chamber and then you spray again from behind the material chamber? you're not worried about IPA seeping anywhere? I don't know where the cracks and crevices are in the vape, I'd be worried about IPA getting onto electronics or wires or something, but so you haven't had any issue? And where would you blow from the bottom, after you've closed the bottom lid? near the hinges? I'm not sure where the airflow comes on the bottom of the vape. Thanks for the detailed response, I appreciate hearing your cleaning routine

Yes the material chamber is the white one. Yeah you just have to blast it right in there from both sides. Iso is used to clean electronic components so getting it on terminals and wires wont bother it...99% iso is non-conductive so you dont need to worry about frying your device. Just let it dry for a few minutes if youre worried before you turn it on to burn the iso off.
At the risk of sounding lewd you have to close the material chamber lid and "wrap your lips around" the bottom of the device and "blow" :lol:
The air is drawn in around the cracks and the hinge of the material chamber lid when you use the device normally.

I hope ive answered your question...sorry if I havnet im in a hurry.

Last edited:

cobra505

Defined
Your first pic didn't load, but the image in the link just looks dirty. You might want to try using magic eraser with alcohol to get some of the stains out of the herb chamber
I made the mistake of discussing magic eraser here before. It is something that is not looked good upon, and was told so on the Forum. Maybe a Moderator could elaborate. Something to do with the chemicals.

Got to tell everyone, being a retired tech for almost 35 years, IQ is a real nice unit, just think it might of went to market a little to soon maybe. As far as the app goes, I don't think anyone really knows what the heck it's doing. I think the users are more on track about it. Davinci probably hired some 3rd party developer and they probably don't even know themselves.

cobra505,

dankly

Got to tell everyone, being a retired tech for almost 35 years, IQ is a real nice unit, just think it might of went to market a little to soon maybe. As far as the app goes, I don't think anyone really knows what the heck it's doing. I think the users are more on track about it. Davinci probably hired some 3rd party developer and they probably don't even know themselves.

Yeah its defiantly a marketing move to have bluetooth and the app that's for sure. Davinci should've had faith in their engineers and left the marketing gimmicks out of the equation. Bluetooth and app test highly in focus groups atm I suppose.

dankly,

BigJr48

@Davinci_vaporizer people on this forum suggested buying the Odin half-pack mods from puffitup for use with this vape. But puffitup contracted their manufacture and they're sold out of their entire run, so they're nowhere to be purchased anymore. But the idea of a capsule for smaller loads seems like a really good idea. For one, it would be way less messy than catching the glass spacer and then dumping out your herb. But I got the idea from using the mighty, and seeing how much the dosing capsules improved usability there made me think that all vapes should do the same! I know you were asking for suggestions for accessories at some point, and I thought I'd make a suggestion for capsules to drop into the herb chamber!

In re: half pack mods; PIU sells dry herb pods for the Flowermate V5.0S/Pro which can help.
Cleaning: Pipe cleaners from a cigar shop or online are good for cleaning underneath the flavor chamber.

Donla94

My unit has been at there facility since the 6th of April via USPS tracking. I'm surprised they don't automatically email users who are sending in RMAs to at least notify them it was received. I called them a week later to see if they got it for piece of mind and they said it was delivered on the 10th. How does that happen?

Anyways, I called another week out and the women I spoke to, reminded me it can take up to 14 days. She mentioned I should have it mid next week; which is this week making the whole RMA process 2 weeks thus far.

After work today, I started to get annoyed so I called CS for the last time to get a final status update to see if someone looked at my unit yet. She told me no one has looked at my unit still and responded saying she would assign a technician to it. Looks like the total RMA process may be 3 weeks.

Donla94,

Scoopster

So if I understand the bluetooth discussion correctly, no matter what (DaVinci is powered off, Phone is nowhere near the DaVinci trying to pair or do Smart Path stuff) there is always going to be a slow Bluetooth related power tickle in the IQ unit itself? Bummer.

Advice appreciated - I tend to go through cycles where I am not consuming very much, if at all. My IQ has been idle for the past several weeks. Should I remove the battery to prevent full discharge and potential damage? Should I consider putting it into some kind of battery keeper unit that keeps the battery fresh while not in use?

Top Bottom