cobra505

Defined
I used a leather cover which I made from 1mm thick leather. Worked well with my original IQ that got quite hot. My current IQ has no heat issues.
You know you can insert your pics from photobucket. Nice job by the way.

20170408_182859_zpssiwwnmaq.jpg

bowsandarrows

hi all. great thread! i've been looking to see what kind of options we have for vaping smaller amounts of herb than the roughly 0.3g the chamber can fit. atm i think the OEM glass spacers are the best option currently but i would like to see other options -such as a ceramic mini chamber that would slot into the heating chamber which would also make cleaning a lot easier.

i know this may be blasphemy on a FC forum thread, but as a tobacco smoker, i was wondering if tobacco could be used as a spacer in the device. for us in europe, mixing flower with tobacco in joints is the norm here, so i was wondering what replicating the exact contents of a euro/cigaweed joint in the iq chamber would be like?? again, i'm sorry for polluting the FC forums with talk of another psychoactive plant, but some of us enjoy the taste and effects of quality unadulterated tobacco.
i know that when the OG pax came out all the marketing info etc was talking about vaping tobacco. i'm not sure if that was just because they didn't wanna mention marijuana or whatever, but the founder kept going on in detail about reducing the harm related to cigarette combustion vs vaping. so maybe not? if @Davinci_vaporizer could elaborate on this, it would be much appreciated. particularly if the chamber + vapour path are designed to work with additive free tobacco, or if an owner's warranty would be affected by using the vape in such a manner...

thanks in advance

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
hi all. great thread! i've been looking to see what kind of options we have for vaping smaller amounts of herb than the roughly 0.3g the chamber can fit. atm i think the OEM glass spacers are the best option currently but i would like to see other options -such as a ceramic mini chamber that would slot into the heating chamber which would also make cleaning a lot easier.
i know this may be blasphemy on a FC forum thread, but as a tobacco smoker, i was wondering if tobacco could be used as a spacer in the device. for us in europe, mixing flower with tobacco in joints is the norm here, so i was wondering what replicating the exact contents of a euro/cigaweed joint in the iq chamber would be like?? again, i'm sorry for polluting the FC forums with talk of another psychoactive plant, but some of us enjoy the taste and effects of quality unadulterated tobacco.
i know that when the OG pax came out all the marketing info etc was talking about vaping tobacco. i'm not sure if that was just because they didn't wanna mention marijuana or whatever, but the founder kept going on in detail about reducing the harm related to cigarette combustion vs vaping. so maybe not? if @Davinci_vaporizer could elaborate on this, it would be much appreciated. particularly if the chamber + vapour path are designed to work with additive free tobacco, or if an owner's warranty would be affected by using the vape in such a manner...

thanks in advance

Whats up Bowsandarrows! So whats the ratio for mixing? Do you do like 50% each, or more flower, or more tobacco? Sorry to derail the thread, Im just curious. Thanks!

Paka-cholo,

artist

livin'in vapooodia
hi @bowsandarrows , @Paka-cholo and everybody,

i also use the iq with tobacco and the pax2, but be careful if you never did vaping with tobacco:-)
even if you are used to smoke...when i first vaped tobacco (with a pax1), i made a mix with the same
amount i would use to roll a joint,
(approximately 0,4 gr. tobacco + 0,2 gr weed),
then after vaping i had an extreme "nicotineflash"
i thought i would get a heart attack:-) i had very high tension etc..
some days later i tried with only a small pinch of tobacco,
about 0,1 gr maybe less, and this did the trick,
if you like tobacco and like to stop smoking it,
then this is a better way then with e-cigs,
you get a feeling like smoking and the taste is far better, just start with low temps, because the nicotine evaporates at around 150 celsius,
the first two or tree sips or puffs might be a bit harsh in the beginning
but after that the taste becomes very light and nice if mixed with mary,
i usually mix 0,1 -0,2 gr medium grind to the pinch of tobacco,
you can mix it or put the mary or the tobacco first,
mostly i put the weed first inside the iq and then i top it with tobacco,
i don't press it just fill the iq and go ahead...:-)

ps: also love the iq without tobacco, but if you like tobacco, it's better vaping it!

cheers from luxemburg to everyone around:-)

Glass004

Consumer Advocate

thanks in advance
I recall that the effective vaping temp for tobacco is just under 300F and grass is 360 F and higher. Maybe effective vaping is difficult with the differences in vaping temps.

almost there

thanks in advance
I recommend you PM @slcbdco regarding your questions about the blend. He's mentioned a few times that he uses the IQ for this purpose. I personally use a vapcap for vaping tobacco, the effects of the nicotine is much stronger, gets my head spinning so I heat very low and take very small pulls.

Last edited:

bowsandarrows

@Paka-cholo usually the ratio is around what @artist said 66:33 ish. although i vary mine from approx 25% to 50%.

thanks @artist and @Glass004 for your informative comments - i would like to try doing that .1 flower + .1 tobacco and see what happens. honestly, i was looking for data on temps required to vape tobacco, and i would like to read your sources. i thought it would be safe to assume that the aromatic compounds (e.g. terpenes etc would be released at similar temps to the aromatic compounds in flower - lower temps than needed for THC etc) but wasn't sure about nicotine. if what you are saying is indeed correct then maybe starting with smart path 1 for the mixture and then following immediately with path 3 is a plan??

also @Glass004 i guess i'm not too fussy about the effective yield of vaping the tobacco - more worried about ensuring i get the most out of my flower, actually. just want to use the tobacco as a spacer +/- flavour enhancer (or destroyer!)

@almost there i might try the vapcap. you're not the first person to mention it to me...

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
@Paka-cholo usually the ratio is around what @artist said 66:33 ish. although i vary mine from approx 25% to 50%.

thanks @artist and @Glass004 for your informative comments - i would like to try doing that .1 flower + .1 tobacco and see what happens. honestly, i was looking for data on temps required to vape tobacco, and i would like to read your sources. i thought it would be safe to assume that the aromatic compounds (e.g. terpenes etc would be released at similar temps to the aromatic compounds in flower - lower temps than needed for THC etc) but wasn't sure about nicotine. if what you are saying is indeed correct then maybe starting with smart path 1 for the mixture and then following immediately with path 3 is a plan??

also @Glass004 i guess i'm not too fussy about the effective yield of vaping the tobacco - more worried about ensuring i get the most out of my flower, actually. just want to use the tobacco as a spacer +/- flavour enhancer (or destroyer!)

@almost there i might try the vapcap. you're not the first person to mention it to me...
I got my info from DaVinci in the Ascent instruction book.
I think there is the possibility you will get a potent and maybe unpleasant nicotine effect at the high temps required to effectively extract buzz from your weed.So you adapt and take the tobacco dose down, but then it loses its efficacy as a spacer. You don't want to OD on nicotine.

Last edited:
Glass004,

cobra505

Defined
Time to switch gears to the dumb stupid question. I know when you power up the device goes shows the battery indicator and the nice little animated arrows. Now I could have sworn you get the same sort of indicators when your powering down. Now mind you guys, I'm on my 4th IQ, this is really getting crazy, as a customer I've never been as loyal to a product as this IQ, but I really like the device. I've done a reset, more than a few times. So if I could get a few users to chime in and let me know if I headed for a 5th RMA, and maybe @Davinci_vaporizer might get a chance to read this also.

cobra505,

bigdaddycurtis

So I'm pissed off. I bought my IQ last week off of eBay and just read a couple threads back that my IQ won't be covered by the warranty??!! I've bought other vapes and never had this problem. I'm supposed to get it Wednesday and this info has taken the wind out of my sail. Please tell me I am wrong.

bigdaddycurtis,

Funky_Vapor

Ya, the FF's defiantly take a learning curve to get the hang of. But once you do there not a bad unit. However I don't know were i would classify them. Even though they are small and for the ladies they would fit into a purse, with today's tech I really wouldn't list them as a portable, as compared to a IQ. I had a FF1 that I actually sold to a member on this board who wanted on. Once you get the trick of them down there pretty easy to use.

U want a vape small enough 2 slide down your throat perhaps? Its straight up very portable. Your speaking silly and most likely speaking on the first model? The Firefly 2 is still the class of the portable vaporizers. Pure top notch quality for us who aren't impatient with it's simple easy 2 get methods. (Do your homework) Some folks are just being typical lazy vaporist who got used 2 sub-par vapor quality from conduction vapes that pushes the vapor 2 U, with little 2 no effort. Got it, go lay back on your couch now. Is the Firefly 2 really hard work? Not 2 me as I find it easy 2 pull from and was getting cloudy hits from the start. Strong longs helps perhaps but doing simple things correct seems 2 help those who are just panicking impatient complainers etc..when the fault in many cases is on the user. It's a great weight size and solid quality feel. As with (Davinci IQ & Pax 3) I don't have big freaking hands or need 2 hide what I'm vaping on anyways. When your legal and living here in Cali/Seattle etc..having the tiniest portable size isn't the most important thing 2 a true vaping purist like me who's around zombie cigarette smokers. This isn't about the flashiest vape or even who's app comes with games and features I don't care for. But it is about the best possible vapor quality that equals taste and potency. Can U really compare the highest standard in vapor excellence 2 the "very good conduction quality" of Pax & Davinci ? I don't think so. They both do flower really well that's it. Pax don't touch FF2 in concentrates and the IQ don't match the superior taste in flower of FF2. "For me" these were the big 3. But why get something that does just one thing pretty good? when I can have one portable convection vape that does both pleasures excellently? It's a no brainier buy. All these units have had issues 2 some degree, some a lot more then others. Everyone's customer service gets the same bad good or ok reviews as well....The other thing perhaps some folks who can't afford what they really want just talk shit and make up shit 2 play the hater.
But hey different strokes for different folks right? But yes it depends on needs habits, convince, $$ etc.. The Firefly folks should make that universal price cut and re-enter that race at the Pax & IQ price point. And hey hopefully everyone's having issues with their IQ units gets resolved in time for 420*
PS if it can fit into your pocket it's portable enough.

Funky_Vapor,

Reggie Watts

I have a FF2, and while I love it for its niche purpose (flavor maximizing, getting a good cerebral high, vaping alone), overall I much prefer the IQ.

The FF2 is definitely a finnicky device. You have to handle it "just so" and account for several factors to get optimal performance, and even then it's only good for vaping alone. It also demands your undivided attention with the constant need for stirring, removing and replacing the lid.

dankly

Sanyo Ncr18650ga are stock and the lg hg2's seem to be a good replacement from what I've read.

I just got my davinci iq about a week ago and was having some issues with what I perceived as excessive heat and decided to try a different battery. I went with the Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mAh Lion and I have noticed a significant difference in external temps even holding boost down hardly makes a difference in raising the temperature on the outside of the device.
Still vapes nicely no difference there but runs way, way cooler than using the stock battery.

Baron23

U want a vape small enough 2 slide down your throat perhaps? Its straight up very portable. Your speaking silly and most likely speaking on the first model? The Firefly 2 is still the class of the portable vaporizers. Pure top notch quality for us who aren't impatient with it's simple easy 2 get methods. (Do your homework) Some folks are just being typical lazy vaporist who got used 2 sub-par vapor quality from conduction vapes that pushes the vapor 2 U, with little 2 no effort. Got it, go lay back on your couch now. Is the Firefly 2 really hard work? Not 2 me as I find it easy 2 pull from and was getting cloudy hits from the start. Strong longs helps perhaps but doing simple things correct seems 2 help those who are just panicking impatient complainers etc..when the fault in many cases is on the user. It's a great weight size and solid quality feel. As with (Davinci IQ & Pax 3) I don't have big freaking hands or need 2 hide what I'm vaping on anyways. When your legal and living here in Cali/Seattle etc..having the tiniest portable size isn't the most important thing 2 a true vaping purist like me who's around zombie cigarette smokers. This isn't about the flashiest vape or even who's app comes with games and features I don't care for. But it is about the best possible vapor quality that equals taste and potency. Can U really compare the highest standard in vapor excellence 2 the "very good conduction quality" of Pax & Davinci ? I don't think so. They both do flower really well that's it. Pax don't touch FF2 in concentrates and the IQ don't match the superior taste in flower of FF2. "For me" these were the big 3. But why get something that does just one thing pretty good? when I can have one portable convection vape that does both pleasures excellently? It's a no brainier buy. All these units have had issues 2 some degree, some a lot more then others. Everyone's customer service gets the same bad good or ok reviews as well....The other thing perhaps some folks who can't afford what they really want just talk shit and make up shit 2 play the hater.
But hey different strokes for different folks right? But yes it depends on needs habits, convince, $$ etc.. The Firefly folks should make that universal price cut and re-enter that race at the Pax & IQ price point. And hey hopefully everyone's having issues with their IQ units gets resolved in time for 420*
Wow, how nicely judgemental of other experienced vaporists who you don't even know (with your six posts) and who have a very different opinion on the FF2 than you. :rolleyes:

Donla94

So I'm pissed off. I bought my IQ last week off of eBay and just read a couple threads back that my IQ won't be covered by the warranty??!! I've bought other vapes and never had this problem. I'm supposed to get it Wednesday and this info has taken the wind out of my sail. Please tell me I am wrong.

Davinci Said, "I do want to note that ebay, amazon, craigslist, entexchange and other 3rd party retailers are not considered authorized dealers of Davinci goods. Please visit the link below to our authorized dealers page for a list of trusted vendors. Or any brick and mortar store on our store locator."

http://www.davincivaporizer.com/authorized-resellers/

Can you return it back to the Ebay Seller or is it final?

Donla94,

dankly

I would say you are well within your right to get a refund based on the fact that they aren't a auth reseller and this voids the warranty. They should've made that clear or else it false advertising. Ive won those claims before.

edit: with ebay and paypal

cobra505

Defined
The other thing perhaps some folks who can't afford what they really want just talk shit and make up shit 2 play the hater.
It was a point of view, and that's all, not a hater, have and used multiple vapes. FF1 was my first. It just wasn't getting used anymore, end of story!

cobra505,

Randy Lahey

Everyone is different and has personal needs/preferences. I found the bowl on the FF2 entirely too small for flower. Got super annoying after a while, I wanted a longer session and didnt want to have to stir and line up the lid all the time.

Now for concentrates, the thing is top notch. I just bought an IQ for flower. Love the big oven. Love the performance. Hope the unit doesnt crap out because it is a real pleasure to use.

Funky_Vapor

It was a point of view, and that's all, not a hater, have and used multiple vapes. FF1 was my first. It just wasn't getting used anymore, end of story!
Feeling guilty? If U focused on that one part it says something about U. Not spotlighting U personally. Paid protesters paid reveiwers and then there are some who have free time 2 just hate and talk and twist up stuff.. freedom 2 express we all have our takes and angles regarding what we feel. First thing about being human. Don't live 2 people please.

Funky_Vapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Feeling guilty? If U focused on that one part it says something about U. Not spotlighting U personally. Paid protesters paid reveiwers and then there are some who have free time 2 just hate and talk and twist up stuff.. freedom 2 express we all have our takes and angles regarding what we feel. First thing about being human. Don't live 2 people please.
First of all, our main rule here at FC is to Be Nice.
  • All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
  • No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member.
Your two posts above are not up to the 'Be Nice' standard that we adhere to here on FC, so I suggest you re-read our rules and familiarize yourself with them.

Secondly, this is the IQ thread, so talk of the FF2 is not appropriate here. Please feel free to discuss the merits of the FF2 in it's own thread.

Thank you.

:peace:

Vaporcussion

i would like to see other options -such as a ceramic mini chamber that would slot into the heating chamber which would also make cleaning a lot easier.

Exactly what I have been asking for, thank you!

i know this may be blasphemy on a FC forum thread, but as a tobacco smoker, i was wondering if tobacco could be used as a spacer in the device.

I don't believe FC has anything against tobacco, we just don't believe in burning things! Enjoy your tobacco. As for the euro mix, I would try just tobacco in the device first, and get a feel for the temp range.

I remember getting into heated discussions in Europe about people calling those things a joint. "God did not create Marijuana to be a mere additive to your cigarettes!! :lol:

artist

livin'in vapooodia
@Vaporcussion "I remember getting into heated discussions in Europe about people calling those things a joint. "God did not create Marijuana to be a mere additive to your cigarettes!!"

:lol:that is funny:-)
because, we europeans know tobacco from the american natives
and they believed that tobacco was given them from their gods,
they even mixed it to other herbs......

sorry for the off topic

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
@Vaporcussion "I remember getting into heated discussions in Europe about people calling those things a joint. "God did not create Marijuana to be a mere additive to your cigarettes!!"

:lol:that is funny:-)
because, we europeans know tobacco from the american natives
and they believed that tobacco was given them from their gods,
they even mixed it to other herbs......

sorry for the off topic

Artist thats awesome man for sure. The native people have been using plants for centuries. Sage, tobacco, sweet grass, etc. Thats awesome! Much respect to you and Luxemburg sir!

sorry of topic :)

Paka-cholo,
Reactions: artist
Top Bottom