Nostalgia1

Got some good news at the shop and just brought home an IQ

- I want to create a shorter smartpath (5 mins) can someone give me the lowdown on how each temp range functions in terms of taste/clouds?
- it is indicating fully charged out of the box. Is that normal?
- how many 10 minute sessions do you get before you empty the oven?
- Do you have to use the flavor chamber? What do you put in it just a fresh bud?

Thanks!
ovens shouldn't last more than 10mins lol. do people really vape the same thing for 10mins+?

Nostalgia1,
Reactions: BigJr48

Randy Lahey

Im not looking for a longer session than 10 minutes. My question was how many 10 minute sessions can you do before you have to change out the contents of the oven.

Randy Lahey,

Randy Lahey

Well bummer. I really like the IQ but feel that if I just want 2 hits or so then I will be wasting a ton of flowers.

Any opposing views before I abandon for the Firefly 2? Would be great if I could just pick the IQ up, take a couple hits and repeat every hour or so without burning through tons of herb.

Thanks!

ON this question, can you not just take some puffs, put it in standby, it cools and shuts after 2 minutes. Wouldnt that be ok to just cut the sessions down and preserve bud? I just did that....

On another note, this thing pulls BEAUTIFULLY. Very impressed. Hand is burning but Im impressed.

Donla94

@almost there

Wait... Two sessions? From one pack with the larger spacer? How?

I use the large spacer at smartpath 2 and 3 over 5 mins and after its done for.

Donla94,

almost there

@almost there

Wait... Two sessions? From one pack with the larger spacer? How?

I use the large spacer at smartpath 2 and 3 over 5 mins and after its done for.
I do a 5 min session on smart path 1 and when I go back for the second session I'll start with smart path 2. Somewhere midway if I don't have enough vapor I'll dial it up to smart path 3 but it's not usually necessary. I use the iq as a flavorful sipping device, I don't try to do big clouds with it despite the fact that it's a powerhouse. I prefer the vapcap or sticky brick when I want a heavy hit.

Last edited:
almost there,

cobra505

Defined
- Do you have to use the flavor chamber? What do you put in it just a fresh bud?
- app crashing like a mofo. Cant create smartpath without it crashing every time. Anyone deal with this?
So you don't have to use the Flavor Chamber. But that doesn't mean take it out. Even if your not using it still leave it in the unit. If you are going to use it just put little nugs in it for a 3-4 days or so. Then it will be nice and gooey and ready to be smoked.

Thought I was the only one with app problems. The app could be corrupt. Try just deleting it and reinstalling it. Also is the IQ on or off when you are trying to launch the app? For testing purposes empty out the IQ, you don't want anything burning up while your experimenting.

cobra505,

Donla94

I do a 5 min session on smart path 1 and when I go back for the second session I'll start with smart path 2. Somewhere midway if I don't have enough vapor I'll dial it up to smart path 3 but it's not usually necessary. I use the iq as a flavorful sipping device, I don't try to do big clouds with it despite the fact that it's a powerhouse. I prefer the vapcap or sticky brick when I want a heavy hit.

To each their own for sure haha :) The flavor is great at 2 but I'll have to give 1 a try.

almost there

To each their own for sure haha :) The flavor is great at 2 but I'll have to give 1 a try.
Do that but give it at least another half min before you start. I think U'll be pleasantly surprised with the results. I did it as an experiment to answer another member's inquiry and found I really enjoyed the light temps

almost there,

kiddvudu2

Do that but give it at least another half min before you start. I think U'll be pleasantly surprised with the results. I did it as an experiment to answer another member's inquiry and found I really enjoyed the light temps

I completely agree. When I first got my IQ I only wanted to use it at high Temps. But since I've had it for a while now I find an occasion to use all of the smart paths and also Precision mode. I have to say it again, I love this device!

cobra505

Defined
U guys ever buy aspargus? Around here they come with these little fat rubberbands around them. U can double them up if U want. And even put them below or above the display/buttons - or both! Works for a poor mans sleeve...
Ok so until Davinci comes out with their Silicon sleeve I might have a solution for this. Here's some pics and a description of what I did, and believe it or not really short money to do this, and you can pick it up at your local pharmacy, and to make it even easier it's a no brainier to even do. So first the item is called, "Coban Self-Adherent Wrap". It's a wrap that they use in hospitals to wrap wounds and stuff.

Coban_Self-Adherent_Wrap.jpg

Why is this stuff cool?. First you can get it in all sorts of colors, it's cheep, it stretches, it's self adhesive, stands up to the heat of the IQ, it's breathable, you only need to wrap it about 2 times around the unit. You don't need to cut anything out, you can still push the buttons and see the lights.

img

The only color I had was brown, don't plan on getting anymore. Hopefully Davinci will have their Silicon covers in by the time I run out this roll. Let me know what you guys think.

kiddvudu2

Ok so until Davinci comes out with their Silicon sleeve I might have a solution for this. Here's some pics and a description of what I did, and believe it or not really short money to do this, and you can pick it up at your local pharmacy, and to make it even easier it's a no brainier to even do. So first the item is called, "Coban Self-Adherent Wrap". It's a wrap that they use in hospitals to wrap wounds and stuff.

Coban_Self-Adherent_Wrap.jpg

Why is this stuff cool?. First you can get it in all sorts of colors, it's cheep, it stretches, it's self adhesive, stands up to the heat of the IQ, it's breathable, you only need to wrap it about 2 times around the unit. You don't need to cut anything out, you can still push the buttons and see the lights.

img

The only color I had was brown, don't plan on getting anymore. Hopefully Davinci will have their Silicon covers in by the time I run out this roll. Let me know what you guys think.

I ain't trying to dismiss this, but my rubber bands also come in many colors (I'm currently rocking red, white, and blue) plus I can still see my display and buttons. And I noticed another feature today - the ones at the top actually hold the lid from opening. Not that I ever had an issue, but still neat. :)

I would have to remove the athletic tape every time I wanted to put it back in my DaVinci case as well. With the rubber band at the top - which is where I find it most comfortable - no need to remove to slip into carry case.

Either way, I'm with u MM, I'd like to see what the pros can come up with! Trick my IQ!

Last edited:

Vaporcussion

Any opposing views before I abandon for the Firefly 2?

The FF2 would be a better option if you could actually get a hit out of it! Prepare for 20 second draws, and hyperventilating, until you learn the art of sneaking air in through your nose while drawing through a small slit. You need strong lungs. And patience....It's great for concentrates, but I have not used mine in over 2 months. I much prefer my IQ.

With the spacers, or Vapir pads, the IQ is quite efficient with small loads. And even when reaching ABV it still tastes great and keeps going. Good luck!

cobra505

Defined
I would have to remove the athletic tape every time I wanted to put it back in my DaVinci case as well. With the rubber band at the top - which is where I find it most comfortable - no need to remove to slip into carry case.
I don't have the Davinci case but curious as to why you would have to remove it before putting it in the case? Also, it has more of a very mild velcro like quality to it, so there is no tape or clips involved, it just sticks. What I like about it for me at least is that I have nerve damage and I'm very sensitive to hot/cold and it also works as a good insulator. But I suppose your band would also do the same.
I hope when Davinci comes out with there's that they are very thin. With the buttons on the IQ being flush with the unit it will make it kind of difficult to use the buttons if the sleeve is to thick.

cobra505,

Randy Lahey

The FF2 would be a better option if you could actually get a hit out of it! Prepare for 20 second draws, and hyperventilating, until you learn the art of sneaking air in through your nose while drawing through a small slit. You need strong lungs. And patience....It's great for concentrates, but I have not used mine in over 2 months. I much prefer my IQ.

With the spacers, or Vapir pads, the IQ is quite efficient with small loads. And even when reaching ABV it still tastes great and keeps going. Good luck!
I agree. The FF2 is so tough to pull from. The taste is top notch dont get me wrong but you have to work your ass off for it. Flowers I cant stand in mine. I bought an IQ for flowers. Concentrates + FF2 is a whole other story. Like youre drinking a sweet juicy drink lol.

CabbieCam

So what is the consensus of buying extra batteries for the iq? I'd like to get some extras but I have no idea what to get.

Lots of discussion on this already. Consensus seems to be to get extra batteries and an external charger. There are a few different brands and models of battery that work. I personally have 3 Sanyo (mfg oem) and 2 LG. If you use the search function or just browse back through the pages you'll find the exact models, where to buy, etc.

cobra505

Defined
Ya, the FF's defiantly take a learning curve to get the hang of. But once you do there not a bad unit. However I don't know were i would classify them. Even though they are small and for the ladies they would fit into a purse, with today's tech I really wouldn't list them as a portable, as compared to a IQ. I had a FF1 that I actually sold to a member on this board who wanted on. Once you get the trick of them down there pretty easy to use.

kiddvudu2

I don't have the Davinci case but curious as to why you would have to remove it before putting it in the case? Also, it has more of a very mild velcro like quality to it, so there is no tape or clips involved, it just sticks. What I like about it for me at least is that I have nerve damage and I'm very sensitive to hot/cold and it also works as a good insulator. But I suppose your band would also do the same.
I hope when Davinci comes out with there's that they are very thin. With the buttons on the IQ being flush with the unit it will make it kind of difficult to use the buttons if the sleeve is to thick.

The pocket for the IQ in the DaVinci case is nice and snug to the IQ. It would roll that athletic tape up when sliding it in.

Man, my IQ is such a slut, walking around naked all the time whIle all these other IQs are bundled up in protective clothing.

I think ours would get along at the vape club together. My dirty little hooker is always naked too. I posted about the rubber bands, but the heat from my unit doesn't bother me either so I just leave it bare.

Last edited by a moderator:
kiddvudu2,

bigdaddycurtis

So what is the consensus of buying extra batteries for the iq? I'd like to get some extras but I have no idea what to get.
I just bought the IQ and have the same question. Can you buy any brand battery or do you have to buy the davinci brand batteries?

bigdaddycurtis,
Top Bottom