• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
lifestyle-photo-003-1500x1001.jpg

To our wonderful DAVINCI family,

We’re excited to introduce to you the DAVINCI IQ

Davinci IQ

The DAVINCI IQ is the world’s best little vaporizer with best-in-class battery life, precision temperature control and SMART PATH™ technology. This app-enabled device gives you full control over your sessions, built with purity in mind only using the highest quality materials, and innovative hidden features maximizing your vaporizer experience.

Purity: All ceramic air path with increased vapor production.

Innovation: SMART PATH™ technology. Four paths specifically crafted to deliver optimal results.

Control: Bluetooth App integration and the most precise heating technology.

Features

Material: Loose Leaf

Warranty: 10 Years

Heat up Time: 23 Seconds

Material Capacity: 1500ml

Device Temp Settings: Precision Temperature / 4 SMART PATHS™

App Temp Settings: Various Custom Options

Replaceable battery: 3500mAh rechargeable lithium-ion

Charge Time: 2 - 3 Hours

Sessions/Charge: Up to 10 Sessions (subject to length of session)

Device: Sand-blasted Anodized Aluminum

Colors: Stealth, Copper, Blue, Gunmetal

Davinci App

The DaVinci App allows your to engage with your DAVINCI IQ and experience vapor in a whole new way. Whether your preference is toggling through SMART PATHS™ or fine tuning your vapor through precision temperature control, the DAVINCI App satisfies all of your vaping needs.

We’ve also presented convenience in the DAVINCI App with access to our online store, support center and information library to make sure you are up to date on all things DAVINCI.

Craft and customize your ideal vapor experience by unlocking the secrets of the ultimate connoisseur vaporizer.

What to Expect

In addition to your DAVINCI IQ, we took careful consider into what you can expect in the box. Here’s what you’ll find;

10 Year Warranty

1x 3500mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery

1x Micro USB Cable

1x Flavor Chamber

1x 10mm Water adapter

2x Davinci Tool

1x Davinci Key Chain

Cleaning Kit

...and a special surprise.

BadDog No

Don't mean to tell you how to publicize your products, but you left out a very important detail:
REPLACEABLE 18650 BATTERY

Enjoy up to 3+ hours usage time and change batteries on the fly f

EDIT: Oh and just realized you posted in the plug in section instead of the portable...;)

TheWhisper

Don't mean to tell you how to publicize your products, but you left out a very important detail:
REPLACEABLE 18650 BATTERY

Enjoy up to 3+ hours usage time and change batteries on the fly f

It says that on their website, but in the OP, it says "1x 3500mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery". Confusing.

It does look sexy, though I don't see the appeal of having an app to control a vaporizer (looking at the Pax too). Especially not one using Bluetooth, which is notoriously insecure.

HD Springer

I have a HUGE place in my heart for the Davinci family. I fucked combustion 100% with the og. I do wish these newer models would stay away from the smart app connection shit. There's absolutly no good reasons to combine the 2 other then a novelty act and that another company did it first.

I hope the price stays reasonable. If it's in the $300 plus range I'm afraid there's too many just as good or better that can be had at half that price. Damn near.

I do have faith that this vaporizer will freaking rock. And I am a little intrigued in the vapor paths deal also. Good luck and I'll be keeping a very close eye out with this.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice @Davinci_vaporizer!

Looks sexy sleek and seems to have a lot of great new features. Presumably more session conduction, but still plenty of improvement.

The Ascent was at one time (before I became a convection snob) everything i thought I wanted in a vape and while it fell short I was still impressed in many ways. Now this seems like a proper Pax killer truly... Very high tech style, and a great name too! (remember Indica almost had the Quantum which would've been abbreviated)

Looking forward to seeing more (but yeah apps again lol oh well used to seeing that now)

HD Springer

After watching the video and seeing the 274.99
Pre order price I'm a bit intrigued I guess. It does look like it might be the highest tech of the portables. But time will tell. Don't like the phone thing personally. I like it all in one but that's me. It does boast user replaceable battery along with a bunch other things I don't understand.

djchexxx

After watching the video and seeing the 274.99
Pre order price I'm a bit intrigued I guess. It does look like it might be the highest tech of the portables. But time will tell. Don't like the phone thing personally. I like it all in one but that's me. It does boast user replaceable battery along with a bunch other things I don't understand.

Picked this up off reddit from Davinci: "The App is only an extension of the features of the Vaporizer. All features including precision temp and SMART PATH are available and adjustable using the IQ's on board controls."

It still has buttons!

edit: Also wanted to add dimensions since I feel its important. This thing is pretty compact!
  • Device Dimensions
    1.65" W x 3.54" H x 0.94" D
  • Device Weight
    5 oz

herbivore21

A few questions:

A lot of the marketing information in the OP mentions smart path, but does not explain what this is. What is 'Smart Path'?

Is this a convection or conduction vaporizer, or is there an element of both?

What are the physical dimensions of the vaporizer?

Can we have a video to see cloud production? I found that I could not get satisfying hits from the Ascents that I have used in the past. Of course a lot of time has passed and I am sure it is possible that the new product will be much better for vapor production due to advances in energy storage and heater technologies.

EDIT: Also what is that water pipe adapter made out of?

Last edited:

herbivore21

Because it is easier to do- It takes less energy and space to do conduction.
100% convection in portables has some drawbacks too - most notably the 'sucking on a hair dryer' effect that hot air inhalation involves.

Convection also takes a good draw of hot air through the load prior to any vapor formation, this means you are sucking more hot air before you even get vapor. The best way to illustrate the difference that length of airpath makes is to look at the Evo - this is very nearly 100% convection but uses a very long air path with various bubblers (even the dry mouthpiece has a lot of length and surface area for the vapor to cool). The Grasshopper on the other hand has a very short airpath and the jet of hot air that leaves the mouthpiece tip (which travels very little distance through a hot metal path) is unbearably hot for a proportion of users in direct draw usage.

I tend to actually prefer some conduction for portables; since conduction can provide more clouds on the first draw and more importantly, is less harsh for direct draw usage with a short vapor path which is what I'm doing with a portable (who of us can carry a rig everywhere? lol).

Of course, a portable like the Milaana which is bigger and especially with the long stem will provide smoother convection vapor, at the cost of a larger unit and less than discrete mouthpiece. We can see that at the moment for portable usage scenarios (where the length of the airpath is limited for portability reasons), there is a trade-off between size/portability and harshness in the all-convection models. Then there is a trade-off between convection and conduction where taste and immediacy of cloud production is concerned. In the long run I'd like to see more sophisticated designs for mouthpieces that cool the vapor in a small space without causing excessive condensation - this would allow us to have convection taste without the harshness in much more compact vape designs!

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Well, the replaceable battery makes it competitive with the latest vape power designs and the 3 plus hour battery usage they claim makes it perhaps 'more than competitive'.

OTOH, with the three convection vapes scheduled for release next month I wonder how successfully a conduction vape like this one will compete? It's bells and whistles may add enough value to offset any perceived loss in the heater design, i.e. convection v. conduction, but only time will tell. I also wonder whether it can be competitive with a price point at $274, once again, given the price points on the upcoming convection vaporizers?

Best of luck!

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Can the temps be adjusted on the unit or is the app the only way?

Silat,

ZC

This thing looks sleak as hell. Absolutely love the LED temp screen. Very classy and futuristic look.

Also glad it uses a standard replacable 18650. It's hard to even consider portable vapes that don't these days.

That said it's still way too expensive for a conduction vape, hard to believe it gets much better results than the huge pile of other portable conduction vapes out there.

"Smart path" just sounds like marketting mumbo jumbo, it probably has a couple of bends or a spiral to cool the vapor or something, but just blabbing about app integration and throwing the word smart in there doesn't tell me anything about what it actually does, if anything.

Also "hidden features" isn't very useful. Surprises aren't selling points, real, understandable features are.

@herbivore21

I believe most of the issues you bring up are solvable with immediately available tech.

For instance, the Hoppers heater is so damn small. If it was just configured differently, with the heater next to the battery instead of at the end of it, there would be plenty of room for a long cooling airpath. Add a spiral to that airpath and you could get very smooth cooled convection vapor in a small package.

It's not like the hopper needs to be as thin as it is. If it was shorter and wider. Hell, you could put the hoppers heater in the bottom of the Milaana and get great results in a very portable package. You could have a short emerging "stem" but really an almost 3" vapor path to cool it down.

The tech is here, it just needs to be implemented "correctly." IMO.

herbivore21

This thing looks sleak as hell. Absolutely love the LED temp screen. Very classy and futuristic look.

Also glad it uses a standard replacable 18650. It's hard to even consider portable vapes that don't these days.

That said it's still way too expensive for a conduction vape, hard to believe it gets much better results than the huge pile of other portable conduction vapes out there.

"Smart path" just sounds like marketting mumbo jumbo, it probably has a couple of bends or a spiral to cool the vapor or something, but just blabbing about app integration and throwing the word smart in there doesn't tell me anything about what it actually does, if anything.

Also "hidden features" isn't very useful. Surprises aren't selling points, real, understandable features are.

@herbivore21

I believe most of the issues you bring up are solvable with immediately available tech.

For instance, the Hoppers heater is so damn small. If it was just configured differently, with the heater next to the battery instead of at the end of it, there would be plenty of room for a long cooling airpath. Add a spiral to that airpath and you could get very smooth cooled convection vapor in a small package.

It's not like the hopper needs to be as thin as it is. If it was shorter and wider. Hell, you could put the hoppers heater in the bottom of the Milaana and get great results in a very portable package. You could have a short emerging "stem" but really an almost 3" vapor path to cool it down.

The tech is here, it just needs to be implemented "correctly." IMO.
Actually bro, I'll one-up you there. There are current technologies that would allow us to engineer more cooling across a longer surface area in the airpath without making the mouthpiece any longer at all! This shit has been used across many applications in many industries ;)

I want a new hopper mouthpiece design that incorporates some kind of heatsink/spiralled airpath etc lol!!!!!! :D

@Skywalker OG you'd be surprised - check out the vapcap thread for plenty of folks who've put down their convection vapes for a butane conduction vape! You could always make a poll if you're interested to find out about this one more ;)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Nope he has good points and sums up the pros and cons of convection pretty well I think. It's not all rosy really, he's right.

For instance I couldn't use my Firewood2.1 with the stock mouthpiece, yeah sucking on a hair drier that's a perfect analogy. The Milaana with the short mouthpiece felt way harder on my throat than the Zion with the medium or long mouthpieces, and they have similar heaters. Most people say the GH is really uncomfortable when used dry etc.

Short vapor paths are really a problem on most portables. But it's true also for conduction vapes. All my pen vapes have ridiculously short vapor paths and there is a clear correlation between the length of the path between bowl and mouth and the quality of the vapor (taste+comfort combined) In this sense the Ascent had a wonderful taste with the telescoping stems and the path traveling through the entire device height and some more.

See also how @villekille2 just released a vapor cooling add-on for the Apollo. The 7th floor portable also sports a spiralish cooler thingie. There's a trend here. But there's a catch, as always!

Cooling means condensation, means reclaim everywhere, means it gotta be pretty easy to clean otherwise it's a pain. And here, I hope DaVinci gets it right, because cleaning the tiny fragile Ascent stems was really a PITA!

EDIT: this recent post comes spot on to illustrate that last point >> http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-venus-apollo.17905/page-48#post-1028632

Top Bottom