ZC

Apps are trendy, but I think this is more of an engineering thing than anything.

If they can use your phones screen, they don't need to put a bunch of buttons or a bigger screen on the device itself. It lets them keep the vape smaller and simpler but have very fine adjustment available. This is part of why the crafty is smaller than the mighty -it doesn't have that huge screen or all those buttons. Electronics take up space!

I doubt you need to hold your phone every time you use the thing, rather, you just use your phone to find your sweet spot and set presets - then you just use the vape like anything else.

Bad Ocelot

The app is really only used to adjust the settings. Unless you do that every time you vape it's not really necessary to pair with your phone. Basically a set it & forget it kinds deal. Unless you're showing off to your friends, ha.

Bad Ocelot,
Reactions: lookhigh

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
When dealing with VAS I've learned the following:
Don't sit there day after day playing mind games with yourself.
If you're gonna pull the trigger pull it quick that way instead of a month of agony you get a month of anticipation, joy, and excitement!:tup:
That's more then worth the price. Plus the OT you're gonna work the whole month offsets the cost. I've loved Davinci since back in the day yo!:nod: Happy Halloween VASSERS! Gunmetal and adapter!:science:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Wow. I'm in for this Davinci IQ. Is there a stem mouthpiece available or do you need to set your lips against the upper side of the unit?
Looks like you can use the 10mm adapter to make an extended mp. All made from zirconia. I also got the 10-14mm adapter to run it through my glass but any of @Ratchett SonG's would work fine for pairing up with the 10mm adapter:tup:

essie1

I hope that I can use that 10mm adapter to make an extended mp.

* Is that 10mm adapter included?
* Does both, unit & app shows up with C & F?

I'm almost ready to pre-order :-)

Love the design & the oven seems easy to load. Love the removable battery & 10Y warranty also. These usp's makes the unit an absolute winner.

C No Ego

Apps are trendy, but I think this is more of an engineering thing than anything.

If they can use your phones screen, they don't need to put a bunch of buttons or a bigger screen on the device itself. It lets them keep the vape smaller and simpler but have very fine adjustment available. This is part of why the crafty is smaller than the mighty -it doesn't have that huge screen or all those buttons. Electronics take up space!

I doubt you need to hold your phone every time you use the thing, rather, you just use your phone to find your sweet spot and set presets - then you just use the vape like anything else.

so the app remembers settings even when the battery has been removed? sometimes removing batts resets settings and you then need to do it over while the batt is in again...
Thanks davinci for not having app only controls!! hopefully other makers of vapes while take heed and at least put two buttons on there- an up and down heat button

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Even worse having to hold another electronic device to use the one you are trying to use.
You don't need the app at all to use the device.
Basically a set it & forget it kinds deal. Unless you're showing off to your friends, ha.
Exactly! If you want to experiment more with the settings and things the vape has to offer the app compliments that, but after you're done, you're done. No need to pick it up and keep messing with the settings or even open the app again.

Is there a stem mouthpiece available or do you need to set your lips against the upper side of the unit?
Yes, the unit comes with a 10mm water pipe adapter that can be used as a mouthpiece.

* Is that 10mm adapter included?
* Does both, unit & app shows up with C & F?
Yes, the unit has F and C and it is changeable on the unit as well as on the app.

tyethewolf

OMG I am so looking forward to this one! I was so close to pulling the trigger on the last model. My only concern is the warranty. Its amazing, but as amazing as it is I never want to actually have to USE it if you catch my drift. I want to pre order it but I'm always a nervous nancy when it comes to dropping the bills on a pretty new device.

Southern Chef

The Ascent was my second vape purchase after the original Pax. I've enjoyed it trouble free for a long time. While the vaping industry has moved on, I still pull out my Ascent from time to time. It still does an amazing job. Great vape and a great company. I'm going to be all over the IQ,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
so the app remembers settings even when the battery has been removed?

Yes! Your device will remember the setting even when the battery has been removed and replaced. When changes are made to the device from the App the changes are actually flash installed on the device. You can always perform a factory reset to clear any changes you have made to the device.

KLo

No Ember
Yep, this one has piqued my interest. Cant wait to see some in use videos and hear early feedback.

Particularly intrigued by whatever is inside the "air path infuser" - but I'm guessing it's probably just some sort of spiral path for vapour cooling.

N2KMha2.png

Just found out this thing is a collector. Now I'm interested :nod:

I don't mind the extra buttons, slick app or lack of extra buttons or zero apps. If the device works as advertised, I'm generally good with it. Please Sell Solid

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Will you be sending out IQ's to any reviewers

Yes! Select reviewers will have DaVinci IQ's before our launch date and will be posting videos soon!

Any specific brand of battery recommended for this new device? (Looking at getting some from LG) Or will you be supplying extras on your site?

Yes we will be supplying extra batteries on our Website. We are using a Sanyo battery for the IQ at the moment. You can use any 18650 that is at least 8 amps. The device will not let you use a battery that is not safe for it to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 99% sold on the IQ. Especially for the removable battery and the small size. Two things about my Ascent (which I love) that I wish I had (but still love anyway). That missing 1% is in regards to the chamber. What is your half pack method for the IQ, like with the oil jars and later the spacers for the Ascent? And what is its total capacity in grams? You posted 1500ml. Did you mean 1500 microliters, as in 1.5g?

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
do wish these newer models would stay away from the smart app connection shit. There's absolutly no good reasons to combine the 2 other

Simple solution: Don't use it.

And there are perfectly good reasons to go the route of connecting to an external device:

1) Metrics. Plenty of people like that option, and it is an OPTION. Just because you might not want that, doesn't mean you can tell other people they don't have a good reason to want it.
2) Control. Offloading extra control to an app gives a lot more options for control. Again, *YOU* don't have to use it, but others will like the features.
3) Future revisions. Easier to add functionality to an app (which users are accustomed to updating already) that trust users not to brick a device with a faulty upgrade of firmware.

Can the temps be adjusted on the unit or is the app the only way?

I'm sure this has been addressed (still catching up as I reply), but the unit is designed to work as a stand-alone device.

Now, some of the customization of the setting you might not be able to tweak, but you can always download the app, customize, then just trash the app. (Use it only once)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think a $259 price tag would bring more folks interested in this unit into the fold. There will be sales tell yourself. I'm curious if Davinci would be giving a buy back if you have an Ascent and wanted to use that towards a Davinci IQ. Of course your unit would need to be in good condition. I've checked through this thread, I haven't seen this mentioned. Maybe @Davinci_vaporizer could address that the next time they visit here.

This unit looks interesting and promising. Something I will definitely be watching. Bring it on.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
10% off code when you sign up for their newsletter. NEWS10. brings it to around that.:tup:

Edit:
Sorry guys. Can't be apllied to the IQ:(

Last edited:
Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: nigel
Top Bottom