mephisto

If you run back to back sessions at higher temps the vape gets very warm. The insulating properties of the body are excellent, so I would not say the IQ gets "hot". I hear no clicking whatsoever......Vapor potency is related to strain potency. Good things in equals good things out. The IQ does a good job at extracting the good things. I have placed some Indian Warrior buds in the flavor chamber to soak up condensing vapor, not so much for flavoring my hits. If you pack the flavor chamber, you will restrict the draw somewhat.

Convection vapes I have used: EVO, e-nano, Crafty, Firewood, ESV, Milaana, Zion, Grasshopper, ....I much prefer the convection effects because they tend to be more stoney, less heady. Not so much stronger, as different headspace.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If you run back to back sessions at higher temps the vape gets very warm. The insulating properties of the body are excellent, so I would not say the IQ gets "hot". I hear no clicking whatsoever......Vapor potency is related to strain potency. Good things in equals good things out. The IQ does a good job at extracting the good things. I have placed some Indian Warrior buds in the flavor chamber to soak up condensing vapor, not so much for flavoring my hits. If you pack the flavor chamber, you will restrict the draw somewhat.

Convection vapes I have used: EVO, e-nano, Crafty, Firewood, ESV, Milaana, Zion, Grasshopper, ....I much prefer the convection effects because they tend to be more stoney, less heady. Not so much stronger, as different headspace.

Thrilled you have one of these man, confirming my suspicions that this is the way session conduction is supposed to be, the one that can bring us convection snobs back. How's flavor, harshness, and efficiency? How about, how fast can you finish a bowl comfortably? And what about short sessions from the same bowl spread out, how's taste and efficiency there?

mephisto

Flavor is the best I have found in conduction, with the Haze 2 real close behind. No harshness for me even at higher temps. Top of chamber does not cook as well as the bottom. Very efficient, able to start an oven at 2 smart path, shut off and come back using smart path 3 to finish. Slick design, already found a zippered clamshell case meant for hard drive storage that will carry the IQ and a pouch of vegetables. The removable battery is the deal winner over the lower priced portable covection based models that just came to market.
I can sit back with the IQ for the evening and get several sessions without leaving my chair or getting a "vape full of popcorn flavor" . This is a real good house vape for me.

tyethewolf

I used this thing through 3 batteries continuous use on the first night at my friend's house. So no problems there. The thing gets slightly hotter than my phone playing Pokémon Go constantly so not worried about heat as much as the first time using. The clicking can only be heard when holding it up to your ear (Decided to be super lame and named mine Geiger cuz it reminds me of fallout). My roommate says the taste and smell reminds him of peanut butter when he came home from work and it did smell a bit while heating up on a walk. Fairly noticeable. Sorry this thing is keeping me lit on my days off so I'm just kinda rambling :science::tup::peace:

Chandler

I much prefer the convection effects because they tend to be more stoney, less heady. Not so much stronger, as different headspace.
i see. very ineresting. thanks

I used this thing through 3 batteries continuous use on the first night at my friend's house. So no problems there.
Nice!! cot dayum, how many sessions/hours did that take??!
someone mentioned 5-6 sessions off a full charge on high temps. thats pretty much standard across the board?

Sorry this thing is keeping me lit on my days off so I'm just kinda rambling
NO, don't be sorry. Stay lit, and continue rambling. the rest of us out here want to hear everybodies thoughts on the IQ. 'What we've all been waiting for'

Chandler,

tyethewolf

Nice!! cot dayum, how many sessions/hours did that take??
Not sure how many sessions but they were the 3500 that came with the IQ and 2 other 3500 rated at 20 amps. Those lasted me from I'd say 10pm till at least 2am to get down to the last half of the last battery but I'd have to do more accurate testing with a timer. Still pretty dope. Ordered a 10 pack of silicone battery covers cuz I hope EVERYONE here knows what happens if 2 positive ends touch each other or metal. Tzzz tzzz BOOM!! :rip::rip:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Anyone played with using boost mode to make it - "on demand". Starting at a low temp and boosting when taking hits. Can you turn off the vape half way through and the load still be okay to vape again using this method? Or are the herbs still frazzled like most session vapes?

Someone was saying about using a screen in the bowel as a spacer. Could they put up a link to show which one they used? (Could not find the post now).

As i am a lightwieght kinda concerned a bowel will be too much for me...

BuzzDanklin

@oddjobold These are the screens I use for a half pack: http://www.vapir.com/prima-mesh-screen-5-pcs

Before you push the screen into the bowl, pull out a strand of the mesh and leave it up so you can pull the screen out easier after your session: http://imgur.com/a/eCYj7

I think a half pack works better than trying to save a bowl for two sessions.

K9233gOl.jpg

c3EbMEyl.jpg

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@oddjobold These are the screens I use for a half pack: http://www.vapir.com/prima-mesh-screen-5-pcs

Before you push the screen into the bowl, pull out a strand of the mesh and leave it up so you can pull the screen out easier after your session: http://imgur.com/a/eCYj7

K9233gOl.jpg

c3EbMEyl.jpg

This is great thanks. Appreciate the photos.

@BuzzDanklin Bit concerned the spacer might scratch the bowel. Have you seen any issues with this?

Whats the diameter of the mesh screen?

oddjobold,
Reactions: vapen00b

K9233gOl.jpg

c3EbMEyl.jpg

@BuzzDanklin

I'll point you to another thread I'm on re: this topic. Not to take away from this one... But thought you might want to add something: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/efficient-temperature-vaping-methods.23079/

But for me, even using a half-chamber of herb until it's 'done' would be too much for 'daytime' use because of the temperature being so high. If you're only vaping up to 380F, you aren't getting everything. And During the day, I only vape 330-360F.

Long story short, 1/2 Chamber @ 380F = gone. 1/2 chamber at 350F means I can re-vape twice.

Edit: Fixed the link. I think.
Also, 360 heating 'kind of' works. Its supposed to reflect heat from the oven. It only can reflect so much, however, since the ball is black.

Last edited:
nickvengance,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
This is great thanks. Appreciate the photos.

@BuzzDanklin Bit concerned the spacer might scratch the bowel. Have you seen any issues with this?

Whats the diameter of the mesh screen?

Yeah, I'd be concerned too...

@BuzzDanklin thanks for your insights. How much do you cut size down with this mod? Still way more than .05? I would guess so?

What I still don't get is the 360° heating... Does the ball heat up too?? Or is it just another marketing thing- I might be missing something?

Thanks guys. Have a great Sunday

EDIT: @nickvengance Your link doesn't work for me..?

BuzzDanklin

@oddjobold I was curious about scratching myself, after rubbing my fingers around the outside of the screen it felt smooth enough, with no points or sharp edges sticking out, so I went for it. So far so good with no scratches. The diameter is roughly .4inches

@nickvengance you make a very good point, re-vaping definitely has it's place, I just don't get as excited about the flavor the second time around

@vapen00b With the herb I have now, a full chamber is .30, and with the half pack it can go up to .15, however the screen is snug in the oven and stays in place, so you could use it to smash down .05 or .10 if you wanted.

As far as the 360 degree heating goes, the pearl is not directly heated, but it does absorb a lot of heat from the sides of the oven, so if you flip the lid open during a session and touch it, it's really hot. You will also notice if you vape a very short session the top of the bowl is less cooked, but if you vape longer so the pearl has longer to get up to temp the top is much more evenly cooked.

With the mesh screen spacer, the herb vapes very evenly heating since the whole screen gets up to temp as well.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Thanks, @BuzzDanklin ! Please keep us posted about mesh and surface.

@Davinci_vaporizer Do you plan on bringing out a spacer or something?
How can I understand the functionality of the "360 degree" heating? It's still unclear to me..
Also, how much will it cost (in €) when it hits EU retailer stores (updated info on that yet? Prior to December? Rather end of the year?)? Must confess I'm almost on the fence .. But ordering directly will add crazy customs fees launching it to more than 300€. No way I'd bite the bullet like that.

Thanks! :)

artist

livin'in vapooodia
The iOS app is live and available for download on the Apple App store as of this morning!
hi, i don't have the iq yet, but i was already looking for the app on the ios store and could not find it, how is the app called or is there a link on the davinci site i did not see? thanx

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I have two conduction vapes were the oven is upside down (FM8 and Herbstick Deluxe) and both were a PITA to use because my beloved "puck technique" didn't work well with them, due to gravity...

I could vape small loads in the Ascent without using any spacer nor glass flowers using said technique (i.e. good tamping) Even as low as 0.05g but it was tricky (the bowl vent holes need to be fully covered at all times otherwise there's not enough local vacuum to extract properly and it's super wispy and diluted)

So is it possible to vape 0.1g or below in the IQ without using yet another spacer? Does the material stay compacted in place or does it fall down and get all fluffy? Btw the Ascent bowl was way too large, I never packed it fully (tried 3/4 full once and the full session lasted close to one hour and almost drained the entire battery, it was insane!) The IQ one seems smaller but still quite large compared to the competition.

artist

livin'in vapooodia
The name of the app is DaVinci Vaporizer
hi, thanx a lot for the super fast response, but, unfortunately this is not working, i tried it now again and it is not working, i tried with iq vaporizer, davinci vapoizer, davinci iq, da vinci...etc and also Da Vinci...i looked through all the vaporizer or davinci/da vinci or iq apps..but nothing..:-) maybe it is not online on the "eu-app store", if that is possible...anyway, thanx again for the answer!!!

artist,
Reactions: vapen00b

Southern Chef

hi, thanx a lot for the super fast response, but, unfortunately this is not working, i tried it now again and it is not working, i tried with iq vaporizer, davinci vapoizer, davinci iq, da vinci...etc and also Da Vinci...i looked through all the vaporizer or davinci/da vinci or iq apps..but nothing..:-) maybe it is not online on the "eu-app store", if that is possible...anyway, thanx again for the answer!!!
I suspect that you are right....the app possibly hasn't been released in Europe yet. The DaVinci folks monitor this thread so I'd expect a pretty quick fix.

Southern Chef,
Reactions: artist

Volteric

@Davinci_vaporizer

Could you please speak more to the flavor chamber. Can you put ground up herb in that chamber? I'm a flavor chaser and it appears to me that if you put ground up herb in the bowl and in the flavor chamber you can carry far more herb altogether and the flavor hits won't be limited to just the first two draws like other portable vapes? Am I dreaming? Please set my expectations straight.

Justpassedu

@Davinci_vaporizer

Could you please speak more to the flavor chamber. Can you put ground up herb in that chamber? I'm a flavor chaser and it appears to me that if you put ground up herb in the bowl and in the flavor chamber you can carry far more herb altogether and the flavor hits won't be limited to just the first two draws like other portable vapes? Am I dreaming? Please set my expectations straight.
If you read through the thread it has been discussed. You can put whatever herb you'd like in the flavor chamber. If using flowers they will get resonated after a few sessions and be more potent . It does not cook what is in there but warms it .

mephisto

@Volteric please allow me to add my experience. The flavor chamber can be filled with herb which will serve 2 purposes. It will add flavor to the vapor being drawn through it, and it will collect vapor which in turn will add more actives to the herb inside the chamber. So in theory, one could load both chambers and be well off for several/many sessions. This is a conduction oven so it will not retain flavor as well as a convection vape, but the user could also set a low temp and hit the boost button as desired to ramp the temps up and then let them baseline back to the lower setting. This method would save a bit more flavor .....

@Justpassedu got to it before me......

Volteric

If you read through the thread it has been discussed. You can put whatever herb you'd like in the flavor chamber. If using flowers they will get resonated after a few sessions and be more potent . It does not cook what is in there but warms it .

I've read the thread. Thanks. My specific question that i haven't seen answered is if you can put *ground* herb in the flavor chamber. Vape Guide said whole flower. I'd like an official answer.

@mephisto ground herb in both the bowl and flavor chamber is acceptable or only 'whole' pieces in the flavor chamber? Thank you.

Volteric,

Justpassedu

I apologize that's a good question , I hope so but most likely not as it prob has holes for the air path. I doubt they put a screen on there as it would prob tarnish taste from the ceramic type airpath .

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Volteric
Top Bottom