The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

Mando

Can anyone pls give the exact dimensions of the Viton o rings the tip uses? I know they are 8mm in diameter but what is the thickness? I'm looking to stock up from Aliexpress or somewhere else.

Thanks!

Mando,

Zak McKracken

Exactly my feelings. Also it is not really just the 20 euro. Also having to deal with packaging and arraning pickups. Also imagine if one has to make time and get off work so he can go to the post office and send it for "cheap" . In my situation such trip would end even more costly as i dont have any post offices nearby ,nor the time to deal with that crap. Not to mention i had 1 of 4 packs lost with that shitty national posts of our and it would have been a month to France. It was better to ask us if we would like to support them and donate them the cost of the silver ,rather than contributing further more to the CO2 emissions on this dying asteriod we are living on. Not wanting to sound like Greta Thungberg,but I can recycle mine just by putting it in the metal bin and waste will be even further minimized.
Anyway Kudos to LCV for stepping up on the situation ! Still waiting for the package to arrive. @Zak McKracken did already received yours,our national posts are the worst.
Hey man, what an awesome cersion of the song,damn haha...

Yes I did receive it today.(BTW I am not sure greek posts are too much better,a friend sent me some seeds on June from Mexico and a friend that asked for the same seeds has been smoking on the weed for 2 weeks already and my letter is still coming LOL.)

Yep Kudos to LCV.But the vape must come with a warning,I just screwed the new one the least I could and I still had to use pliers to get it unstuck (but not very difficult still not doable by hand).Next session even looser fit and still sticks but less.Seems like it s not like an improved version or sth.So I am leaving it unscrewed,not the most ideal but better than be screwed :brow: .It is indeed very nice and can be tweaked a lot.I d bevery pleased if those issues weren't present.

Zak McKracken,

maremaresing

I'm so confused by all these sticking reports. Even my V2 never gave me trouble, and it was much tighter than my v3. It's a tight tolerance, sure, but never an issue unless you were to hamfist it wrong or something. Not accusing those who have reports, as my experience is limited to 2 units, and it could be a batch issue.

Mando

I'm so confused by all these sticking reports. Even my V2 never gave me trouble, and it was much tighter than my v3. It's a tight tolerance, sure, but never an issue unless you were to hamfist it wrong or something. Not accusing those who have reports, as my experience is limited to 2 units, and it could be a batch issue.
In addition to that - if you don't twist the cap all the way & you don't spin it while heating the "fusing" should never happen. Almost every single time that i've tried to somehow spin it/rotate it i had to use a tool to separate the cap from the tip.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
My v3 cap has never stuck. I've heated whilst spinning a few times but not that often. I never heat with a tightened cap (always turning it back a half turn). Also (and importantly for my tolerance) I've discovered it works perfectly well without filling the entire bowl - so long as it's tamped down. I love this thing (and still haven't found the correct size of o rings to mate it with the Amaze'd mouthpiece).

Perfect_Speed4069,

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I try to do what I can. I wasn't giving @Abysmal Vapor a hard time, i was trying to help him understand where bfg's mindset is. But that is what it is. I'm a vaporist first and foremost so I tend to fall on the side of how I would want to be treated but I also have to relay the message from bfg. Which I can understand wanting the caps back for the silver. But I can also understand that its a hassle, inconvenience, and it sux when u can't use ur dani
I saw someone selling a "jewelry silver" fmj that's apparently more shiny than that 99.9% pure
Soothingvapors sells a Da'Maze'D kit: an A’maze’d + O rings + Dani tip. Contact him and he should be able to help you out with O ring specs.
You should check the VESSEL helix with a Dynavap tip, make sure you look at the VESSEL helix and not the grav helix as they're 2 totally different units

tinctorus,

maremaresing

I saw someone selling a "jewelry silver" fmj that's apparently more shiny than that 99.9% pure

You should check the VESSEL helix with a Dynavap tip, make sure you look at the VESSEL helix and not the grav helix as they're 2 totally different units

Important to note; the dani isn't like the dyna in form or function. So parts or mods for one generally won't work or function on the other.

I was looking at the vessel helix last year when I was hunting for what eventually would be the amazed. At the time I was looking for stems for a dyna, but the dani makes much better use of the designs and fits much better. It spits vapor much longer, so more cooling and heatsinks is nice.

Honestly I think I looked at every single extended airpath thing that might work on the entire internet. I really am crazy about cooling spirals and mazes and love that it's started showing up in portables. The vessel helix is cool, but less airpath than the amazed and I just am not hot on copper or brass for things I carry or touch. Let alone something I breathe through. Wish they had an SS or TI core to that, and less knurling.

A while back I said @batteryfreeganz should make an insertable twisted helix core for the dani body. I still think that would be fun, but have found the stock v3 body, with the drip tip and cooling twist inside, provides more than cool enough vapor for a single click session (7 hits). Even more so if you mtl, obviously.

Anyway, keep those suggestions to the spirals or interesting cooling solutions coming @tinctorus . I love it!

edit: I'm so crazy about cooling spirals I was looking up metallergy of various drill bits to see if they would be safe to cut down and use (since they come in all diameters). Spoiler alert: they range from "absolutely not" to "you might be inhaling radioactive dust".

Last edited:

checkyourlibido

Honestly I think I looked at every single extended airpath thing that might work on the entire internet. I really am crazy about cooling spirals and mazes and love that it's started showing up in portables. The vessel helix is cool, but less airpath than the amazed and I just am not hot on copper or brass for things I carry or touch. Let alone something I breathe through. Wish they had an SS or TI core to that, and less knurling.
If starting from scratch, do you think Da’Maze’D Pipe from Soothing Vapours a good option for someone who doesn't want to do any future upgrades?

I have friends who don't have VAS, but want to try vaping out of something with this form factor.

maremaresing

In short, no.

I think the dani in it's stock form, especially with the travel sleeve, is an excellent package that doesn't beg for any upgrades. If you WERE to go with the amazed, you can spend less buying separate. More importantly, you can get the stainless amazed, which is classy and a huge heatsink, and safer airpath, and matches the tip very well. It's 40 USD from redeye uk. (The SS one is HEAVY though fyi)

In the USA, amazed is available under the icky stick brand, but obviously no SS option available.

Not to knock soothing vapors. If they include the stock stem and stuff, not just the head, it's a solid deal that takes the headache out of the equation. Plus they hold stock so they deserve their markup for their overhead.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Agree with @maremaresing the stock SS Dani checks all the boxes. Bowl size, cool vapor natively, practically combustion proof, works with any sized torch, (single creme brulee rocks) consistent AVB, nice hand feel and balance and anodized color at no extra cost. All for just about the same price as a DV M.

Were there a few hiccups for a few buyers? Yep. To be expected and to my knowledge they were remedied. If you like the ritual of a torch vape, buying a Dani is a no brainer. Plan on adding at least one more to my current collection before the inevitable Ag price hike.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Important to note; the dani isn't like the dyna in form or function. So parts or mods for one generally won't work or function on the other.

I was looking at the vessel helix last year when I was hunting for what eventually would be the amazed. At the time I was looking for stems for a dyna, but the dani makes much better use of the designs and fits much better. It spits vapor much longer, so more cooling and heatsinks is nice.

A while back I said @batteryfreeganz should make an insertable twisted helix core for the dani body. I still think that would be fun, but have found the stock v3 body, with the drip tip and cooling twist inside, provides more than cool enough vapor for a single click session (7 hits). Even more so if you mtl, obviously.

Anyway, keep those suggestions to the spirals or interesting cooling solutions coming @tinctorus . I love it!

edit: I'm so crazy about cooling spirals I was looking up metallergy of various drill bits to see if they would be safe to cut down and use (since they come in all diameters). Spoiler alert: they range from "absolutely not" to "you might be inhaling radioactive dust".
I'm kind of the same way, ive got 80 tabs open on chrome just for Dynavap since I'm researching something 😂
I know the Dani and Dynavap are considerable different in how they function, the Dani is closer to the anvil than the Dynavap in my opinion.

I still think the vessel helix is a good option due some people, myself included but I also never keep anything the same and I'm a perpetual tinkerer

checkyourlibido

@maremaresing @endof3d @tinctorus Thanks for your feedback. I'll probably recommend the V3 to my friends in stock form. With the disclosure that some users had no problem and some users did have a problem with the stuck cap. Thanks to @Abysmal Vapor for being balanced and fair in the assessment of the sticking cap issue and return shipping charges. As well as your equanimity while responding to our feedback, I like your vibe.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I'll do you one better, since I started this whole amazed thing. It's these orings:

They arrived and a perfect fit, thankyou. Although ironically, I think I prefer the OG set up through glass. The Amaze'd is great for MTL held like a blunt (really nice hand feel) but if I'm huffing through glass, the air port of the OG stem really helps. Great to have the option though. Thank you.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Haha,it arrived. I did not thread all the way through and it still stuck in the first heating,havent rotated or anything. I still have to use tools to separate it . I can confirm that this is 1 to 1 copy ,or at least i dont see any difference or redesign at any point ,but at least it clicks for now ,i can live with it being a bitch to unthread. I cannot really recommend this version even for the price because i dont feel like carrying plies with me ,i bought this with hopes to use it outdoors ,because i hate dynavaps and their taste.This design is more promising for sure,but.. production quality is just not up there yet. I wont pursue this further because maker seems to only have time to read and not to respond or just prefers not to,cant say i dig the style but it is a free world.The question that remains open is why do we get a replacement from what looks to be the same problematic batch,lol.
Please dont let my words let you down i am still interested in the design ,hopefully you will figure it out down the run.

maremaresing

They arrived and a perfect fit, thankyou. Although ironically, I think I prefer the OG set up through glass. The Amaze'd is great for MTL held like a blunt (really nice hand feel) but if I'm huffing through glass, the air port of the OG stem really helps. Great to have the option though. Thank you.

This is why I have 2 danis! One for stem use (v2) one for glass use (v3). I also just unscrewed the core of the amazed and used the outer tube to mate with glass. I had to have a sleeve or something on it, so it's not ideal. Works, and wanted to pass the idea, but a dedicated gong head is worlds better.

I posted about that earler too. Basically look for a deep dished cheap waterpipe bowl. Nothing conical on the inside but more straight. On mine, I could use a few of those orings you bought to make a good fit. Get creative!

Abysmal Vapor

@Zak McKracken Does your replacment cap play the jingle bells when you shake it . The disc moving inthere freely ,makes me question how accurate it is ,since it makes diffent amount of contact depending on position of the tip.(horizontal or vertical) Also i am finding the click quiter than my dynavap one ,while on the first one that stuck was audible as hell.
Edited: Maker confirmed it is normal to rattle,it is so it doesnt stick,hahaa.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Okey ,we are back in business with this one ! So i have this friend that does metal lathe work from some time and he decided to experiment with reducing the last threads of my old tip by .03mm . Also he managed to get my non clicking cap clicking again,by inserting a SS rod in the hole at the top and hammering it with a wooden hammer a few times at an angle until we heard a pop.
I can say that now this cap doesnt stick at all,even if i screw all the way ,it still needs some force,but no tools needed.
As for my replacement cap,i am feeling that it clicks way earlier and cools off way quicker than my original and for some reason it doesnt gives me as dense hits .I measure and the new one is 0.2g heavier,which doesnt really makes sense,so i guess it is just the temp is not enough if the mass is similar.
I am so happy now,that I am going to gift my buddy the new one ,as i have no use for it and it requires a stem,which he is fully capable of machining for himself. So i can say it end well for me and hopefully it will help him convert from smoking !

davap84

Okey ,we are back in business with this one ! So i have this friend that does metal lathe work from some time and he decided to experiment with reducing the last threads of my old tip by .03mm . Also he managed to get my non clicking cap clicking again,by inserting a SS rod in the hole at the top and hammering it with a wooden hammer a few times at an angle until we heard a pop.
I can say that now this cap doesnt stick at all,even if i screw all the way ,it still needs some force,but no tools needed.
As for my replacement cap,i am feeling that it clicks way earlier and cools off way quicker than my original and for some reason it doesnt gives me as dense hits .I measure and the new one is 0.2g heavier,which doesnt really makes sense,so i guess it is just the temp is not enough if the mass is similar.
I am so happy now,that I am going to gift my buddy the new one ,as i have no use for it and it requires a stem,which he is fully capable of machining for himself. So i can say it end well for me and hopefully it will help him convert from smoking !
Some ISO and a good metal lathe is all you need to enjoy The Dany !

Top Bottom