The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

PossumMD

For those talking about having to use pliers to open their oven and sometimes failing to do that. That's not normal. Request some support. The worst mine does now is I have to use two bits of leather to open the bowl after a fresh clean, cos the tip just spins after I've cleaned it. But that's still being opened by hand no worries...

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
All these tip iterations are making me dream for a smooth SS tip- it will have the mass to retain heat for a longer period & the adjustable airflow, dang!
Genius!

Past Dani purchases were all directly from BFG. This time decided to buy a smooth tip Ti complete Dani from the Canadian distributor at soothingvapours. Good CS. Said he had an order of Ti tips as well as the new Ti tip 316SS lined rosewood WPA's on the way. If your spending US $ the exchange rate right now is insanely in your favor, around ( 35% ). Check out his prices on DV accessories.
wpa.png

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I cannot believe this but i have been asked to send the defecive cap at my expense in order to receive the replacement cap,it would cost me 20 euro to ship it to them.... @batteryfreeganz What do you have to say about this,dude ? I received a defective product and now i have not only to wait but also spend more money in order to get a working product. I prefer a full refund if that is the case and they can have it back,lol.... Not to mention it got ruined aesteticly by me trying to force open with vice and plies ,since mine was stuck on arival. I would have lived with those scars and waited for a replacement,but his is just over the edge for me.
Also i wanna add that their first reply was that will be getting a replacement sent This friday and they tell me a week after ,that i need to send my cap in order to get a replacement and since i am abroad they cannot pay for shipping.

Last edited:

checkyourlibido

I cannot believe this but i have been asked to send the defecive cap at my expense in order to receive the replacement cap,it would cost me 20 euro to ship it to them....
That sucks. Especially because you had 2 posts that I saw on this thread, talking about LCV and their good pricing. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

But good prices don't matter if you make customers eat return shipping costs on defective products. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if it's resolved. But in the meantime, I'll hold off on my purchase. Hopefully it's just some customer service confusion of some kind. I just don't want to risk being in the same boat and I vape to help avoid frustration lol, not to dive head first into it.

Abysmal Vapor

That sucks. Especially because you had 2 posts that I saw on this thread, talking about LCV and their good pricing. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

But good prices don't matter if you make customers eat return shipping costs on defective products. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if it's resolved. But in the meantime, I'll hold off on my purchase. Hopefully it's just some customer service confusion of some kind. I just don't want to risk being in the same boat and I vape to help avoid frustration lol, not to dive head first into it.
I cannot get it why would they need that cosmetically damaged and defective cap, to harvest the silver ??? LOL I am sure it costs less than 20 euro for production,so making me pay more than it costs to ship it back,is just inadequate. I am also waiting for their reply on the situation,hopefull this is some kind of confusion on their employee,but i rather pay 20 euro and cut my losses from the full refund,rather than having another cap than arrive defective or can fail within a couple of days and i would have to ship it back on my expense again a nd again, just a useless waste of money,not to mention the environmental impact of shipping it back and forth...

Weedaholic

There seems to be more and more problems with these caps not performing the same...Mine is having the same issue as @Abysmal Vapor has.....cap keeps getting stuck no matter how loose i screw it on..But the main problem is,no matter what torch i use .I cant get any decent vapor to the point were i nearly combust and get barley any vapor from it at all....this thing is more of a pain in the ass then worth having....

Wesleypipes

I cannot believe this but i have been asked to send the defecive cap at my expense in order to receive the replacement cap,it would cost me 20 euro to ship it door to them.... @batteryfreeganz What do you have to say about this,dude ? I received a defective product and now i have not only to wait but also spend more money in order to get a working product. I prefer a full refund if that is the case and they can have it back,lol....
I believe this is more to get the silver back instead of just wasting it and leaving it on a broken cap. Plus, how can he fix a problem without actually seeing the product in his hands? Also, I'm sure u will b surprised to hear this, but there are people that will try to just get free stuff without there actually being a problem with their caps. Sending the cap back helps put a stop to this, allows bfg to inspect to see what can be fixed so it doesnt happen again, and to recoup some of the costs in the silver(the plan is to melt down and make new rings). Bfg isn't a big company by any means. So, to lose out on the silver and to send out caps(the most expensive part) for replacement caps that aren't defective will put him out of business. I would say talk to who ever u bought it from. The shipping shouldn't be ,20 euros, bad and then they can send it back to bfg. And if it's straight from bfg I'm sure he can figure out a fix for ya. He has been more than accommodating when it comes to replacements. But I am also ordering more than just the cap so the shipping isn't as noticeable for me. He has asked me to collect the defective ones back to send to him. And I have asked for the damaged ones back and I haven't had much luck. I have sent out replacements only to receive nothing back. I don't make much on the dani sales so for me it makes sense to send the replacement (5.00 usd for tracked shipping out of my pocket) and then ask the vaporist to send the defective cap back( 5.00 usd out of their pocket). That hasn't worked out well. Lol. But I'll keep sending them, because I'm more concerned with customer satisfaction. I can't speak for any other resellers but I know every other reseller that I have dealt with have been pretty upstanding people and want the same when it comes to customer satisfaction. And bfg is all about his customer service too so just give him a chance here.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
There seems to be more and more problems with these caps not performing the same...Mine is having the same issue as @Abysmal Vapor has.....cap keeps getting stuck no matter how loose i screw it on..But the main problem is,no matter what torch i use .I cant get any decent vapor to the point were i nearly combust and get barley any vapor from it at all....this thing is more of a pain in the ass then worth having....
Unfortunate that your having that experience with the Dani. Have a V2 and V3 SS models and the V3 smooth sided Ti model which will be delivered today. My experience with the Dani has been the total opposite of yours. Still haven't touched any of my DV's since May.

The thread tolerances on both my SS's were quite close when they arrived, so I gently turned the cap on and off until they opened up. Any rough spots I gradually applied more pressure while turning, going back and forth till they smoothed out.

Should the treads have been cleaned up better before leaving the factory? Sure. However, my Anvil that cost 3 times more arrived with the threads in far worse condition. That was a disappointing day.

Not sure if the above is a fix for your unit, but it worked for the Anvil and both Dani's for me.

OT: Metals don't normally wavier in price to extreme when inflation is under control. Banks/countries have been buying huge volumes of physical silver and gold over the past few years looking for a safe haven, anticipating the current high global inflation and markets dropping. The COMEX physical silver inventories are presently very low. Paper contracts can only buffer the current spot price for so long if the global economy continues on the road it's on.

So why am I telling you all this? If I was a betting man I'd wager that the Dani will be too costly to manufacture in it's current iteration this time next year. Hope I'm wrong for many reasons.

Abysmal Vapor

I believe this is more to get the silver back instead of just wasting it and leaving it on a broken cap. Plus, how can he fix a problem without actually seeing the product in his hands? Also, I'm sure u will b surprised to hear this, but there are people that will try to just get free stuff without there actually being a problem with their caps. Sending the cap back helps put a stop to this, allows bfg to inspect to see what can be fixed so it doesnt happen again, and to recoup some of the costs in the silver(the plan is to melt down and make new rings). Bfg isn't a big company by any means. So, to lose out on the silver and to send out caps(the most expensive part) for replacement caps that aren't defective will put him out of business. I would say talk to who ever u bought it from. The shipping shouldn't be ,20 euros, bad and then they can send it back to bfg. And if it's straight from bfg I'm sure he can figure out a fix for ya. He has been more than accommodating when it comes to replacements. But I am also ordering more than just the cap so the shipping isn't as noticeable for me. He has asked me to collect the defective ones back to send to him. And I have asked for the damaged ones back and I haven't had much luck. I have sent out replacements only to receive nothing back. I don't make much on the dani sales so for me it makes sense to send the replacement (5.00 usd for tracked shipping out of my pocket) and then ask the vaporist to send the defective cap back( 5.00 usd out of their pocket). That hasn't worked out well. Lol. But I'll keep sending them, because I'm more concerned with customer satisfaction. I can't speak for any other resellers but I know every other reseller that I have dealt with have been pretty upstanding people and want the same when it comes to customer satisfaction. And bfg is all about his customer service too so just give him a chance here.
As i already mentioned ,i bought my stuff from LCV,it arrived defective and i was told i was going to get a replacement,then a week later i was informed i need to send it back and then they will send a replacement. I dont care about their reasons (,i just know that i am not happy neither with what i received nor with the resolution,so i want my money back if it is going to be like that. One has to calculate the price of returns in the value of the vaporizer so he can stand behind the warranty. I am aware how thing work in resale ,you dont have to educate me.
@Wesleypipes As for people trying to get free caps. OK but why would i need a second one if my OG is working,you cannot vape with just the cap and because of those people everyone is considered a liar automaticly and should get charged extra shipping costs and Sherlocking your customers is bad for the business.
If you are going to suspect that every customer is a potential liar just because you fucked up the tolerances,that is on you. It is not cool to make customers do trips to the post office and wait weeks just because of their manufacturing mistake. @batteryfreeganz Not meaning to spam the thread ,but people telling me i should be alright with the situation is just making me even more frustrated. I am pretty aware of the silver prices too. They will be saving like 2-3 $ tops... . As for the shipping costs, you can check it if you like ,since covid and the fuel crysis hit prices have doubled on everything. I just paid 21 euro for a delivery from PL to my Location (inside EU) .
Ag
Current Price
$0.62

Anyway i am done with this thread until i hear back from @batteryfreeganz and the retailer.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

good luck getting the maker to cover the costs of distributors s/h

if i were you and so worked up over this, just return for a refund man and save yourself the headache
Not expecting BFG to eat the costs,i am just asking why do they create this situaton with wanting the defective caps back in the first place,do you think really that i am the most spoiled customer on the planet and there will not be more people feeling like me. It is up to retailer to make customers happy and for the manufucaturer to make the retailer happy,if anyone is unhappy ,shit wont sell.
I am not getting worked over this,i just share my opinion on the subject and my buyer experience so others can make an informed decision. I already feel bad enough for advertising the sale and getting potentially more people in my situation.
Do you read my posts? I just said if i am going to have to pay for shipping of the cap and i would rather have return the whole vape for a refund.(good luck on them with re-selling one with marks from pliers) Thanks for your valuable input ! Outta here.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

Lol, i dunno if your being serious, this is a vape product, lets think logically here....

Item doesnt function, cap wont unscrew.

So lets force it open with pliers to the point where it damages/marks up the part????

Maker says a new rev is coming out, but somehow you mix this up with your original issue with the original distributor.

Like I said, return to your original distributor and be done with the headache.

Lets play devils advocate, distributor shipped you a perfectly fine unit, you somehow damaged it, distributor wants proof that it never worked, you rage and say you want new cap and dont want to ship the old one back. Distributor has no way to determine if you damaged it, maybe got damaged in shipment, maybe the tool was dull and your threads got weird, but get to see you come on here and try to ask the maker to cover the s/h and build it into the business plan.

Common man.

Abysmal Vapor

@thunderstealer1337 If you are going to play advocate ,know the facts. I already mentioned i would have lived with the scars and the threading defect,but my cap stopped clicking.. I can illustrate that perfectly in a video or live video call or are we going to need some experts to do an investigation if there wasnt sound manipulation or a deep fake software used...
Situations like that is just what turns an understanding customer into an unhappy one that wants refund. Hope the people on the business side can do the math ,too. If they are going to earn more money from reselling defective used vapes than sending out a 10$ cap, it is cool with me.

Last edited:

PossumMD

I can illustrate that perfectly in a video or live video call or are we going to need some experts to do an investigation if there wasnt sound manipulation or a deep fake software used...
Have you at least offered to do this for the distributor? Cos, forgive me if I'm assuming here, you haven't indicated that you did this and you've been a bit all over the place, what with placing blame on BFG for something that isn't their fault etc.

PossumMD,

Abysmal Vapor

Have you at least offered to do this for the distributor? Cos, forgive me if I'm assuming here, you haven't indicated that you did this and you've been a bit all over the place, what with placing blame on BFG for something that isn't their fault etc.
I dont know if it is the language barrier but i will try to explain the situation one more time to you,because you are a dude.
On 24th October i received the vape and on 26th i made a post about it ,also stating that i have contacted the retailer.
On 31st i was told by LCV i will be getting a new TIP (quoting) shipped next Friday when they have them. I thought the problem was in the threads of both the cap and the tip, so i guess i would have gotten a replacement cap + tip. I wanna note that i was fine with getting just a cap and maybe that is what they meant as tip,but this isnt of importance.
Yesterday at 5 pm i got an email that i will need to send the CAP back and when they receive it ,then i will be sent a replacement. I dont blame BFG about it,i blame him for creating this situation by demanding inexpensive caps to be sent back and create a situation where customers would have to pay out of their own pocket for a manufacturing mistake.
I am awaiting for a reply from LCV ,but i guess since it became such a hot topic here ,i will call them as soon as they start work and sort this out.
I was never asked by anyone to proove that the cap is not working ,why would have i proposed it if it is not demanded ,please tell me,cause i am getting really confused.
Also i wanna note ,that i am all over the thread cause i feel forced on explaning myself further since i feel i am not being able to properly deliver my viewpoint.

Last edited:

PossumMD

I dont know if it is the language barrier but i will try to explain the situation one more time to you,because you are a dude.
On 24th October i received the vape and on 26th i made a post about it ,also stating that i have contacted the retailer.
On 31st i was told by LCV i will be getting a new TIP (quoting) shipped next Friday when they have them. I thought the problem was in the threads of both the cap and the tip, so i guess i would have gotten a replacement cap + tip. I wanna note that i was fine with getting just a cap and maybe that is what they meant as tip,but this isnt of importance.
Yesterday at 5 pm i got an email that i will need to send the CAP back and when they receive it ,then i will be sent a replacement. I dont blame BFG about it,i blame him for creating this situation by demanding inexpensive caps to be sent back and create a situation where customers would have to pay out of their own pocket for a manufacturing mistake.
I am awaiting for a reply from LCV ,but i guess since it became such a hot topic here ,i will call them as soon as they start work and sort his out.
I was never asked by anyone to proove that he cap is not working ,why would have i proposed it if it is not demanded ,please tell me,cause i am getting really confused.
Also i wanna note ,that i am all over the thread cause i feel forced on explaning myself further since i think i am not being able to properly deliver my viewpoint.
You would've proposed it if you wanted to save on shipping it back. I'm not saying they will do it, but a measured reply asking for some wiggle room due to a €20 shipping fee doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. Even asking them to cover the return shipping fee if they deem it to be a manufacturing error rather than user error (I'm not saying it's either, just putting out the two possibilities I can think of) doesn't seem unreasonable either. You haven't really conversed with the retailer either, in my mind, some to and fro is always to be expected in these scenarios. I mean, it took a week of emails back and forth with BFG themselves before I got my new tip sent...

Abysmal Vapor

You would've proposed it if you wanted to save on shipping it back. I'm not saying they will do it, but a measured reply asking for some wiggle room due to a €20 shipping fee doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. Even asking them to cover the return shipping fee if they deem it to be a manufacturing error rather than user error (I'm not saying it's either, just putting out the two possibilities I can think of) doesn't seem unreasonable either. You haven't really conversed with the retailer either, in my mind, some to and fro is always to be expected in these scenarios. I mean, it took a week of emails back and forth with BFG themselves before I got my new tip sent...
I have proposed to the retailer to send it back for a full refund and i will comply with any conditions for that. I am just not complying with having to spend 20 euro more on this vape and wait another two weeks for a replacement. Because it will take a week for my CAP to get to them .
I am all reasonable, i just got frustrated with people telling me how i am at fault,so i had to explain my demands and we are only continuing this further. I will update on the resolution. I am not having direct email communication with BFG,so i thought i ask them about it at the forum and waiting for their reply. Meanwhile i am sparring with other keyboard warriors on the morality and adequacy of the situation.
Cheers.
HEre is a copy of the communication
RE : RE : [La Centrale Vapeur] Confirmation de commande
Hello Sir
Answser from DANI VAPE :
We will exchange the TIP
Since you are abroad , can we ask you if you need anything from our shop ( no shipping )
Kind regards
Max

Hi,,
Thanks for letting me know, in this situation we may have to give them a replacement. Can you let you know how many replacements that you have sent to customers from your side, I will be able to send you back those units next week.
Our latest batch will have a redesign of the cap that will help to solve the problem (dead click and stuck cap too)
Really sorry this 🙏
And then yesterday
Hello Sir

You must send the defective cap in order for us to send replacement :

Since you are abroad we cannot pay for shipping

Thank you for your understanding

Kind regards

Last edited:

PossumMD

I have proposed to the retailer to send it back for a full refund and i will comply with any conditions for that. I am just not complying with having to spend 20 euro more on this vape and wait another two weeks for a replacement. Because it will take a week for my CAP to get to them .
I am all reasonable, i just got frustrated with people telling me how i am at fault,so i had to explain my demands and we are only continuing this further. I will update on the resolution. I am not having direct email communication with BFG,so i thought i ask them about it at the forum and waiting for their reply. Meanwhile i am sparring with other keyboard warriors on the morality and adequacy of the situation.
Cheers.
You *are* at fault for coming in hot blaming BFG and then doubling down when called on it. As for the 2 week wait, we don't have teleportation yet, 2 weeks seem reasonable enough (although I'm down in Australia, things take longer than that to get here regularly).

Abysmal Vapor

You *are* at fault for coming in hot blaming BFG and then doubling down when called on it. As for the 2 week wait, we don't have teleportation yet, 2 weeks seem reasonable enough (although I'm down in Australia, things take longer than that to get here regularly).
I came ""hot"" because i was told i was going to get a replacement and then two days before it should have been sent to me i am told i will have to send the cap back first,i dont blame BFC for that . I am not at fault for demanding a refund. As i said i demand explanation,because it is his decision to call them back and the effect it would have on customer satisfaction , i will look for resolution one way or another, i dont need the forum for that,EU has enough buyer protection offered to its citizens.

PossumMD

I came ""hot"" because i was told i was going to get a replacement and then two days before it should have been sent to me i am told i will have to send the cap back first,i dont blame BFC for that . I am not at fault for demanding a refund. As i said i demand explanation,because it is his decision to call them back and the effect it would have on customer satisfaction , i will look for resolution one way or another, i dont need the forum for that,EU has enough buyer protection offered to its citizens.
You came in hot blaming the wrong people. I didn't have to send my tip back, so it's not a blanket policy. A little bit of understanding and patience would likely solve your issue, you've literally not given anyone time to negotiate before publicly putting them on blast...

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Dude, I know you are frustrated but you are talking to a person that is clearly missing the point. Leave it there.

I for one am very disappointed in LCV behaviour. I had a not so nice experience with them just a few months back, but this is unacceptable.

Mando

@Franco You are right. I appologize to everyone for making so many posts. People trying to defend BFG even before he has the chance to do it for himself are not doing him a favor ,it just adds more fuel to the fire.
Idk man if i bought a unit from a reseller & it's faulty somehow i would contact that reseller only & discuss my issue is with them. If they cannot assist you within reasonable time then contact bfg & seek resolution. I am sure most here are happy with their device & there is plenty of info in the thread on the current issues with the vape so ppl are aware before they pull the trigger on the device. I had issues with delivery also had to pay super extra charges from customs. My first use i also *fused* the cap tp the tip. Used a rag over the tip & the pliers. Happened to me multiple times after & i always separate them like this - not a single scratch on mine i can show pics. BFG is a cool young company with excellent CS. Hope it all works out for you. Patience is key.

Top Bottom