The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Just bought this beautiful silver BFG complete unit. A whole lot of value for the price.

The entire transaction was very smooth. Questions were answered quickly; impressive considering there is a thirteen hour time difference. As you can see by the photo he continues to improve his design. All and all very impressed!
silver.png

EDIT: ..... BFG = Best For Ganja! :lol:

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
hello,

I received my Dani from BFG a few days ago and have had time to use it a lot in the last few days.
I have the wooden version with a built-in condenser and a spiral intercooler. I also reveived a metal one for a friend and both are really well made (13cm and 45g). The wood unit is graceful, I'm impressed by the beauty of the wood!

The bowl is bigger than the dyna, it's the size of the Anvil XL bowl (+/- 0.17g).
The cap can be screwed on, it's practical. It can be screwed on very easily but the handling is difficult when hot because the magnets don't work with it.

It seems to have a wide use curve because respecting the click with it gives light and terpy hits.
It's also possible to approach the line, which is what I usually look for.
The ROnx is very suitable for the Dani's needs with similar setting as the Anvil use.
For the 1st heat, I aim for the tip of the blue flame at the bottom of the silver ring and go past the click of about 7sec.
The hits are heavy (3 to 4 before the click). It takes about 35/40sec.
I go past the click by 3sec on the 2nd heat which is much faster and there I finished the bowl in a few hits too. The AVB is brown and uniform.
I enjoy it.
As a comparison, if I had to take as an absolute criterion the production of vapor, I would place Dani between the Dyna+Fmj and the Anvil which remains, in my opinion, the most powerful in its category!

For its impeccable quality, its performance and its very affordable price, I think Dani has a bright future ahead of him, a new bad boy in the game!

I already had the opportunity to tweak a trick to manipulate the hot cap, it's a small leather ring very practical : you pass it around the cap, you pinch, you unscrew.
I also made a leather sleeve to carry it safely, the same shape and size as for the Anvil XL (but with a leather ring instead of a magnet)
I find the draw a bit restrictive and the mouthpiece a bit too wide for my taste. I added the Stinger, it's magical!

Last edited:

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
The ROnx is very suitable for the Dani's needs with similar setting as the Anvil use.
For the 1st heat, I aim for the tip of the blue flame at the bottom of the silver ring and go past the click of about 7sec.
The hits are heavy (3 to 4 before the click). It takes about 35/40sec.
I go past the click by 3sec on the 2nd heat which is much faster and there I finished the bowl in a few hits too. The AVB is brown and uniform.
Thanks so much for the tips! Soon... :rockon:

batteryfreeganz

Manufacturer
For its impeccable quality, its performance and its very affordable price, I think Dani has a bright future ahead of him, a new bad boy in the game!

I already had the opportunity to tweak a trick to manipulate the hot cap, it's a small leather ring very practical : you pass it around the cap, you pinch, you unscrew.
I also made a leather sleeve to carry it safely, the same shape and size as for the Anvil XL (but with a leather ring instead of a magnet)
I find the draw a bit restrictive and the mouthpiece a bit too wide for my taste. I added the Stinger, it's magical!
That's genius to make a leather tool to open the hot Dani bro, I also want one for me hehe :rockon::bowdown:

Just bought this beautiful silver BFG complete unit. A whole lot of value for the price.

The entire transaction was very smooth. Questions were answered quickly; impressive considering there is a thirteen hour time difference. As you can see by the photo he continues to improve his design. All and all very impressed!
silver.png

EDIT: ..... BFG = Best For Ganja!
:lol:
All the tracking numbers have been sent, you guys will get those Dani soon hehe :D:D:D

Misterhyde

I love everything that Duba makes! I can't believe he is already on it with this new vape. I haven't purchased my Danivape yet, but man do I think about it everyday. This is the next tool that my VAS needs. Happy to see so many of you trying it and liking it. I wish it worked on a magnet, but hey, you can't have it all. Hope you are making vapes for many years to come.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Mine came in today, was shipped this Monday so really fast (got the more expensive shipping). The unit is well built and finished. The stem is really nice, was able to switch to the orchid and it's even better irl than it was on IG so happy with that. As for performance I'm not really used to this style of vape. I did try Dyna couple years back but it wasn't for me. This seems more interesting initially and videos made it look pretty easy to get effective extraction so I expect I'll be alright. Taste has been satisfactory, better than expected with Dyna as frame of reference. Two minor dislikes are the intercooler that's a bit loose inside the body and the top heaviness of the assembled unit. Unless I somehow get turned off in the next couple days though, I'm gonna buy that stainless steel amazed pipe @maremaresing was flaunting anyway. I already have some of those nitrile o-rings on the way, but since I could only find smaller qt supplier from China I'm gonna have to be patient. Meanwhile I also received the glass stem from @batteryfreeganz, haven't tried that yet though.

@batteryfreeganz thanks for great communication, speedy delivery, the glass stem freebie and the awesome product of course! Best of luck with the business buddy and hope to see that Castle return someday ;)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Wow guys VAS IS kicking me with this vape.
I know it's depend on the lighter but what is the time to clic?
How is the draw resistance (if it's like a dynavap this vape is not for me)

Thanks
i use Ronxs torch and set the inner flame at like 2 cm. Time to heat up depends on where the flame is aimed at. Aiming at the ring helps heat up faster ime, whereas aiming underneath the ring takes a bit longer until the click (and the manufacturer also advises to go 3-4 sec. after the click in this case prolonging it even more).

I didn't measure or anything but the on ring aim heats quickly enough I don't imagine it bothering anyone familiar with these type of vapes. The underneath the ring aim though I can imagine it taking a bit on the long side for some. But from my limited testing the tastier hits came from that heating style though, so I prefer it.

If you are planning on completely closing the carb hole, resistance might bother you though.

endof3d

She's definitely a beauty! Can't believe how fast you received the unit. I reside in a remote village with only postal service, so going to be 3-4 week wait for me.
Two minor dislikes are the intercooler that's a bit loose inside the body and the top heaviness of the assembled unit. Unless I somehow get turned off in the next couple days though, I'm gonna buy that stainless steel amazed pipe.
The Anvil tip is really top heavy also. To be expected as the mass of metal at the tip is necessary as it becomes the heat battery that permits multiple hits if desired. The intercooler will likely stop rattling around once it captures some reclaim.

Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts, tips and experience. Really interested in seeing a photo of the break down of the unit and its pieces laid out. It's going to be a long 3-4 weeks ahead.
colors.png

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yikes @endof3d good luck with the wait!

The mixed colors are indeed really nice. I had just changed my initial silver order for the orchid (purple) one though so I resisted informing about these beauties ;)

There's a picture of a disassembled unit I believe on page one (previous model so somewhat different). I will try and upload a pic of mine tomorrow, as it's from the same batch as yours.

maremaresing

The new smooth bodies are way more appealing than my knurled one. Great design evolution. Really into that anodizing too! What "intercooler" is inside them now? Mine is just the outer shell, and it does seem like something should go inside.

@batteryfreeganz the stock body of the dani is really begging for a corkscrew. With the restriction the head has, you could make the spirals really tight and plentiful without adding bottleneck. With the way your device stem screws in on both sides, just make something that you unscrew one end and drop in, then use the screw action to hold it tight.

It's this that I was originally trying to design on the hunt for a compact but extended airpath, that ended with the amazed pipe. I even had appropriate sized drill bits lined up that I was going to cut down, but I couldn't find one made of a material that I was comfortable in my airpath.

If I only had a lathe I'd make so many wonderful things... :cry:

androponic

vaped.
The new smooth bodies are way more appealing than my knurled one. Great design evolution. Really into that anodizing too! What "intercooler" is inside them now? Mine is just the outer shell, and it does seem like something should go inside.

@batteryfreeganz the stock body of the dani is really begging for a corkscrew. With the restriction the head has, you could make the spirals really tight and plentiful without adding bottleneck. With the way your device stem screws in on both sides, just make something that you unscrew one end and drop in, then use the screw action to hold it tight.

It's this that I was originally trying to design on the hunt for a compact but extended airpath, that ended with the amazed pipe. I even had appropriate sized drill bits lined up that I was going to cut down, but I couldn't find one made of a material that I was comfortable in my airpath.

If I only had a lathe I'd make so many wonderful things... :cry:
if you have a knurled one like mine and i didnt have the metal spiral inside either. you should. i ordered a second one that will be here tomorrow with my spiral piece that was overlooked on my first unit. i wanted a backup anyway but this one is smooth body since that is the new revision. i questioned him about it when i found the pics on page 1 of this thread you can see the spiral piece and he said i should have had it. we must have been in the same batch.

maremaresing

Aw that's a bummer. I wish shipping wasn't murder on these, or I'd pick up some extra stems or that part. But I'm super glad that it comes with something inside normally. I still think a full on spiral inside would do great (because the maze in my amazed is a game changer).

androponic

vaped.
Aw that's a bummer. I wish shipping wasn't murder on these, or I'd pick up some extra stems or that part. But I'm super glad that it comes with something inside normally. I still think a full on spiral inside would do great (because the maze in my amazed is a game changer).
he will get you the piece, i have had nothing but good chats with him on insta. if the spiral is short a few glass balls might be nice along with it. a few 5 or 6 mm (maybe bigger, that is a pretty big tube) might do it without restriction too much. i dont have a spiral for mine yet but will tinker tomorrow.

androponic,
Reactions: Kudzu407

maremaresing

he will get you the piece, i have had nothing but good chats with him on insta. if the spiral is short a few glass balls might be nice along with it. a few 5 or 6 mm might do it without restriction too much. i dont have a spiral for mine yet but will tinker tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll probably reach out and see if there is a low impact way for us both. I definitely agree that he is so nice to work with.

For USA people (UK people can find this under a different name), something like this would probably fit the dani with the orings I posted. Materials and fit and finish won't be as good as the amazed, but it contains the exact type of spiral I think should be an insert.

Goneja

For those that own one of these and also own/have owned a Dynavap what is the air draw restriction like on these compared to a Dynavap? Is it about the same or is it a little more open?

Goneja,
Reactions: Jill NYC

endof3d

Thanks for the photo @Abele Rizieri Ferrari. Looks like one less piece than the OG just like you said.
if the spiral is short a few glass balls might be nice along with it. a few 5 or 6 mm (maybe bigger, that is a pretty big tube) might do it without restriction too much. i dont have a spiral for mine yet but will tinker tomorrow.
Will be using The Dani natively just like the Anvil and hoping for cool vapor. If not, will try Simrell condensor with XL intercooler, 6mm quartz balls and or a couple Anvil spirals, or some combination there of. Enjoy a tight MTL draw so likely will be pleased with the way the Dani performs.

Thanks everyone for their great input!

Gdash

I was one of those that got scammed by Sucudu90dn for a Dani and some glass DV tips. Luckily I paid for some of my order via G&S, so I should be able to get a partial refund.

Anyways, I ended up placing an order with BFG on the 23rd via IG. He told me it would be a week before he was able to ship as he did not have the metal stems in stock. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a tracking number earlier than expected and my package arrived today. I mentioned his post and he told me he would include a free glass stem, which he did.

Haven't used the vape enough to give a review but so far seems like a solid device. Restricted draw for those that asked. Fits my WS glass WPA pretty nicely so using that to test it out and so far it has me where I want to be.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

So bout 25 seconds til the click and that was literally the last juice in the torch, had to switch to my second during the following heat cycle.

And avb after 3 heat cycles:

Still plenty room to extract closer to combustion for those interested in that. Though I'm not looking for that I am happy that I am getting noticeably better clouds and clouds just make me happy so yay :D

Last edited:

Tji89

What are the orings made of, BFG? I opened to clean and the the second ring jammed so I tried some olive oil. It didnt work so well and I had to use alot of force. One of the rings snapped. And before that it was some black residue I had to wipe away.
I'm a little scared because I've used two of your vapes the last two days non stop.

For information I combusted and put the whole vape into a jar filled with water and a whole lime over night . I've done this with mvs before without problems.
VKhbJOU.jpeg
picture under becaused it wouldnt upload here.

batteryfreeganz

Manufacturer
What are the orings made of, BFG? I opened to clean and the the second ring jammed so I tried some olive oil. It didnt work so well and I had to use alot of force. One of the rings snapped. And before that it was some black residue I had to wipe away.
I'm a little scared because I've used two of your vapes the last two days non stop.
Those o-rings are made by viton sir and because it's new so those trenches (where o-rings are placed) are still sharp, easily leading to scratch the o-rings, thats why you saw some black residue and one o-ring became snapped. The tip for this problem is being gentle when you try to separate/connect the stem and the tip in some first times, I think olive oil won't help much you should use silicone or vaseline instead, or just use it normally for a few times then resin from herbs will cling on the o-rings and make it smoothier.

I will solve this "sharp trenches" problem in next batch, really sorry for this inconvenience :):)

Top Bottom