The "Coil Cap" Coil Heating System for TRWW Quartz Vaporizers

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Hi, many of you may already be familiar with my vaporizers which have all been butane powered. Over the last 6 months I have been working on the "Coil Cap". The coil driven version of the "Quartz Cap". But given the shear luck of my design process, the 2 coils fit all but one of the vapes. I believe that I have around 75 units out right now as "BETAs" but in the end the final product isn't really much different.

I started this project by designing a much more complicated Quartz heater to go with a coil. This much more complicated heater would do the exact same thing as the original "Quartz Cap" Heater. After speaking with the manufacturer, I decided to rethink my idea. This took me all the way back to, "how do I hold a coil on my existing heater?" just to test. I found the clips Im still using today and I was off and running. The clips proved to be a beautiful solution. Not only did they work really well, they made it so that I could work with my existing heaters, and users could use the coils with the vaporizers they already owned without having to buy a new Quartz Heater.

The coils offer a different experience than butane. The butane device tends to ramp up to temp and then ramp down. This is when a reheat is required. The "Coil Caps" heat always continues to ramp up. This makes for an interesting coil vape given that its essentially a session vape. In my usage, I am getting 4-5 hits per session. But at lower temps you could get much more. I typically run the 18mm Quartz Cap at 580 and the 14mm at 530. I Start with a heat soak of the entire bowl for 1 minute. This produces a 4-5 hit session that leaves medium ABV. In cordless mode im running 760 and 670 respectively, preheating the bowl for 10-20 seconds, loading it and then hitting away. While using the coiled version is pretty straightforward, the cordless version does take some technique.

Here is the current ecosystem. I'm in the final stages of development

Coil-Cap01.jpg

Coil-Cap03.jpg

Coil-Cap02.jpg

Backwards compatibility. Coils with original heaters

Backwards-Comp.jpg

New shorter heaters with bottom flair eliminates the need for the bottom clip

R-H02.jpg

They can all be used wirelessly

wireless.jpg

The coils have given me the ability to play with other ideas - BETA coming soon

Proto1.jpg

Proto3.jpg

My demo videos arent the best but i'll make some more soon

Basic technique with the 14mm wired Quartz Cap

Low temp with the 14mm wired Quartz Cap

Wireless 18mm Quartz Cap

BETA Ball Head with 18mm Coil

Marcus

I shall wait quietly in the corner for an 18mm coil to hit the UK. :clap:

My flowerpot PID may get dusted down and put into use. I'm assuming they'll fit (I can always resolder bits if not)?

Cheers dude!

Marcus,
Reactions: nicanaca0
Top Bottom