• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Cloud EVO Anticipation Thread

vapecat

Mine is still working but I have to keep a close eye on it whenever I make any adjustment on the dial. I've had the orange glow three times now, two in the same day! If I see the glow I pull the cord until I see the glow fade, then I plug it back in and turn it on so the bamboo doesn't cool from very hot to room temp too quickly. Seems to work for me but who knows, could break any day. Looking forward to receiving the 110v unit so I don't have to worry any more. Respect to VXL for looking after us.

@pittiserria I would try your theory about using an unearthed adaptor, but not sure how I can put one together easily.

Last edited:
vapecat,
Reactions: Teedub

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
@pittiserria I would try your theory about using an unearthed adaptor, but not sure how I can put one together easily.

Something like this:
2354.jpg

Or if you have a spare power cable you don't need, strip the cable in the middle and cut the earth wire.

EDIT: Or simply using a screwdriver open up the wall's power socket and disconnect the earth wire.

pittiserria,

olivianewtonjohn

When you international guys get your 110V version (hopefully soon) I wonder if you would sell your 220V version to me? I would love to take it apart and look at it! Potentially try it on 110V......Just an idea

olivianewtonjohn,

liscoe

Has anyone else had an update from Vapexhale? Apparently they are not sending out the 110V units with an adapter now cause they cannot guarantee that these will work either due to frequency variation.

liscoe,

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Has anyone else had an update from Vapexhale? Apparently they are not sending out the 110V units with an adapter now cause they cannot guarantee that these will work either due to frequency variation.

Yep I got the email as well.

pittiserria,

liscoe

Well at least they are keeping us up to date which is better than nothing I suppose. No idea when the 220V version will be ready though.

The waiting continues. I do have an Evo shaped paperweight on my desk to gnash my teeth at while I slowly descend into old age...:rip:

goofygreen

I didn't get the email. Doesn't make me too happy though. I already had got my hopes up for two EVOs. That was a pretty big promise to come out with and then drop again but whatever... We have a pretty large amount of 110v appliances on transformers here, even items with heating elements. No problem in over 2 years that I can think of. :hmm: Sorry for you guys without at least a half working unit.

Edit: Wow! Everyone check my post in the EVO thread. I guess I felt sorry for 2 hours in the future me.

Last edited:

Silent

HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY
Honestly i'm surprised more people aren't more angry. I guess people have kind of given up now. Any other launch going this badly would have people up in arms. Instead people have just given up and VXL are off promoting their nails and heat sleeves to the US like nothing is wrong at all. Honestly feel like they don't give a shit about us any more. Once my Evo arrives I will not do any more business with them. People were so happy that they were getting a free nail + 110V evo etc, but even thats been taken away. It's beyond a joke at this point.

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
For me in the contrary, I am an Indiegogo international contributor, I waited 10 months and I still don't have a functional Evo as I'm too worried to operate it due to risk of overheat - However I am definitely going to do business with VXL in the future. I love the product and I love the service and I love the company!

I don't think that justice was made with VXL about the latest news, they said they wouldn't send the Evo BUT they did offer full refund without requiring to send the HT/Evo back. I will attach the full message so you guys can see how amazing these guys are:

We’re writing you to again update you on our progress with the 220 volt units and our plan to send out 110 volt units with power converters to operate in 220/240 volt countries. While testing the power converters, we still noticed that some units were getting hotter than they should and our additionally contracted engineering firm alerted us that while a power converter would solve the voltage change, it will not account for the frequency variation which is the root of the runaway heat issue. While testing the power converters, their other team has still been diligently improving and testing the new 220V units and have made great progress.

For those of you that have had enough, please simply reply to this email with your order information, and we will refund you immediately. While we are confident that despite the long wait, you will be happy with our final product, we are a realistic company, and would like to offer the proper refund to anyone who is dissatisfied to this point and would like their money back.

We sincerely hope our transparency puts you at ease, but we are not fools, and understand that this directly contradicts previous promises. We are doing everything within our power to make sure you receive exactly what you paid for, and look forward to you all having properly working units as quickly as possible.

The good news, is that we’ve been able to cover leaps and bounds recently after bringing on an independent engineering firm. We still have a fair amount of testing and research to do, but we will be standing by our promise to deliver you brand new units, heat shields, and the promised store credit. As we mentioned earlier, we are being very diligent with our testing to prevent any mishaps in the future but we 100% understand if you want a refund so please let us know what we can do to make you happy.

EDIT:
People were so happy that they were getting a free nail + 110V evo etc, but even thats been taken away.

It wasn't taken away, this promise still stands (50$ credit which can be used for 2 nails, heat shield, additional Evo, free delivery, etc), it was just delayed. They found out that the 110V Evo's would cause the same problems as the 220V ones since the problem wasn't the voltage but the frequency (50Hz/60Hz). Stopping the delivery of those Evo's is the best thing they could have done. They are closer than ever to a working 220V unit.

Last edited:

paracaps

Vape Enthusiast
To the VapeXhale team, any updates on the progress towards the 220/240V models for the international indiegogo crowd funders??

just curios...how different is the algorithms from your original model that seem to work fine with the higher voltages compared with the Evo? Was there major changes applied towards the algorithm since your using a different heater?

Cheers

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Damn, this thread is still not buried. :(
Got another update e-mail about the progress.
After some firmware tweaks and a lot of smooth running they got another single case of overheat, fixed that and are testing further.
After this I totally undestand why are they testing so much now.

How many INTL EVOs are still alive? I think I am already in a rare minority with my unit still alive pumping out tons of vapor.
At least the wait is easier like this, when my Cloud+ broke almost half a year before getting this EVO it was definitely worse.
Hopefully it will last even longer and by the time the new ones arrive I'll have a nice glitchy backup EVO.

Condolences to all the people with dead INTL EVOs. I feel with you.

Last edited:
Seek,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I got that update too...

I know obviously only VXL knows what's really happening at the moment, but can anyone with some kind of mechanical or electrical engineering background chime in on why it could be taking so long?

We're now at 7 months since it was supposed to launch, and 2 months since the failed launch.

I can't think of a single vape that has had this much trouble getting a non-us version out...

Most battery powered vapes seem to use either an external charger, or a multi voltage charger, and most desktops seem to have either a power pack, or dedicated international versions...

I mean, I know there's complicated electronics, and algorithms and such, but yeah, I just don't get what's taking so long...

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Silent

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Powering complex electronics directly from the outlet must be a real challenge.
Volcano is powered like this, but is actually much simplier inside (and still i think there has been years of R&D to make that happen). Especially an analog one, which I think is completely electronics-free.
7th floor vapes are even simplier, i think just a resistor with a variable knob...
When having complex electronic inside, it's much easier to rely on an external power-brick or batteries, that are electrically much more consistent, predictable and reliable.

Do you know of any other vape that is complex like this AND powered directly from outlet?
Herbalizer maybe? However I couldn't find a single vid or a single photo showing how its powered, so I'm not sure.

Seek,

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
got the same mail and fingers crossed my Evo is also still working and pumping great vapor but I usually watch it close.. had a few glowouts :rolleyes:
I'm glad they didn't stop the International production, already feared everbody went for the money opt out :D

Top Bottom