The Chinese SJK Induction Heater and The VapCap

I don't see why anyone would want (or need) that. The VapCap is only in the coil a few seconds. Even if it was hands free, by the time you let it go, it's time to pull it out. Not even time to pick your nose.

Love DDave but I never understood that mod or the need for it.

Now, what's up with him suspending ops? Something wrong? Anyone?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Love DDave but I never understood that mod or the need for it.
It was to help keep the Vapcap off the bottom of the SJK (mine was actually melting the bottom of the SJK bowl slightly) and to keep the vapcap more centralized (not all of us have a steady hand). It may even slow down the heat up click a bit ?

I don't know what is going on with @DDave :uhoh:

And, something about big business bugging him. And, legal action.

Try to run a small, friendly business and next thing you know..... lawyers are circling. I hope he does well in whatever the event is. DDave seems like a pretty nice guy.

Ricardo

Howdy. Has anybody noticed these units slowing down with time and/or use? The last couple of nights now it's been bugging me... I thought I was distracted or really stoned but it's for real. It used to take 2 full cycles of the SJK for the Caps to click from cold, now it takes 4 :\
And the change hasn't been gradual - it happened over just a few days :hmm:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Did the weather change over those few days? External temperature drop could explain what you describe.

Otherwise, some components could be aging already. If there are for instance electrolytic capacitors in your device, they hate high temperature as it will progressively dry them. Check if any of those has a raised cap (where the cross is), it's a clear sign it's about to die (and they can die creating a dead short, which could blow your FETs or other parts in the circuit)

This thing is really interesting haha. Is it still working great @Hackerman?

Also, I'm in the United States. Will this work for me? I read some reviews and everyone wasn't getting any US type chargers so they were SOL.

Yep, mine is still working great and I use it every single day.

They make a 110v and a 220v version. Make sure you get the 110v if you are in the USA.

DonMarteng

Received mine yesterday and the experience so far is amazing!
Will have to cover it in stickers or a wooden box for sure, since the looks are not its strong side.
The performance is really nice, get to first click without having to pull out and back in again.
Id like to do some more testing but im feeling a bit off the charts atm :)
Really happy with the purchase, especially after the dynavap IH reveal yesterday.
For sure a solid device, but the looks are not mine at all and I already own one ugly IH.
Make it classy, wooden and durable and Ill pay whatever you ask!

A little imagination can go a long way. Simple works.

Toss a hat over it...

Or, whatever..

I didn't have the proper items to make this right but some artificial flowers and some marbles would hide it well in a desk planter...

Or, keep it on the cheap and use a box of Kleenex. LOL..

All I know is that this ugly duckling works awesome. I had 5 induction heaters and tossed, sold or drawered all but this one.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Received mine yesterday and the experience so far is amazing!
Will have to cover it in stickers or a wooden box for sure, since the looks are not its strong side.
The performance is really nice, get to first click without having to pull out and back in again.
Id like to do some more testing but im feeling a bit off the charts atm :)
Really happy with the purchase, especially after the dynavap IH reveal yesterday.
For sure a solid device, but the looks are not mine at all and I already own one ugly IH.
Make it classy, wooden and durable and Ill pay whatever you ask!
How much time until click comes when the Dynavap is pushed towards the wall? like 5sec?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

DonMarteng

How much time until click comes when the Dynavap is pushed towards the wall? like 5sec?

From Cold to 1 click about 10 sec
2. Click 8 sec
Its feels pretty fast!

Hackerman your pics are great haha thank you!

I removed that silicone piece out of my unit, any advantage on leaving it inside?
Dont want my cap to melt to it and its a lot of space like this

Top Bottom